I work for an importing company bringing in some high quality bolt action rifles and have ran into an issue with...

I work for an importing company bringing in some high quality bolt action rifles and have ran into an issue with actually making imports worth the effort. How realistic is a gun buyers club where people would put money down on specific models to prepay and guarantee their purchase? I'm talking about $1000 - $3000 super high quality european bolt actions. Has there ever even been any kind of crowd funding import like this in the past?

Attached: rifle.jpg (1100x615, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hoferwaffen.com/
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/23/peter-hofer-extreme-double-rifles-arms-hunting-2017/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

massdrop works on a similar concept, the issue would be sourcing enough people to do this with enough regularity to maintain a business

>$1000-3000
>super high quality

lol

If it's over 750 I'm not interested. I rather pay less so I can buy more ammo to shoot with. No point buying gun if you can't feed it because you spent every dime on that bolt gun.

fucking this. that's low end.

you want to talk super high end euro bolt actions? Go price a Holland & Holland, Peter Hofer, or a Rigby and you're adding another zero (perhaps two) to that figure.

Yeah sure but I used that choice of words because they are high end in the realms of actually being importable on scale. There's some products from these companies we are dealing with that can go into $10k+ but we are trying to make an affordable business with these current rifles. They would also certainly be considered high quality according to other American Bolt actions/

What rifles?

>”European” super fine grade
>$1-3k
inb4 Turkey is part of Europe

If you could find a way to import Izmash biathlon rifles you'd probably be able to sell them no problem. Unfortunately you won't be able to because some bullshit about Russia.

They are from Austria and Denmark.

Impossible due to sanctions. Even Molot was added and blocked by sanctions, Trump hasn't been very pro gun at all in his 4 years.

Lol.
You want to see high end guns from Austrial?
hoferwaffen.com/

.17 HMR double rifle on the left, 4-bore on the right.

Attached: Peter-Hofer-Extreme-Double-Rifles-2.jpg (660x370, 114K)

Attached: Peter-Hofer-Extreme-Double-Rifles-1.jpg (660x640, 163K)

How's the engraving on your "super high quality" Austrian bolt guns compare to this?

Attached: hw_cont.m53p4i1.jpg (750x371, 59K)

Ornamental guns that you would never want to take outside. It's comparing apples and oranges.

No way in hell that's .17HMR.

That is what "super high end" means, does it not?

If I talk about "super high end cars" you don't think a $30k Toyota, you think a $40 million classic Ferrari. You're talking about nice guns. Not even close to "super high end"

I posted the maker's website, you can check for yourself. There's also:
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/23/peter-hofer-extreme-double-rifles-arms-hunting-2017/

not op but he said super high quality. to most americans any european bolt action is high quality to them.

I don't think there's a market for high-end bolt-action rifles in America.

it even has hummingbirds on it!

Attached: hw_cont.m53p12i6.jpg (375x500, 34K)

I think it only weighs about 3 lbs. Can you imagine how awesome that must be to shoot?

Attached: hw_cont.m53p12i1.jpg (750x245, 90K)

For very large calibers that will be used for expeditions there are, but quality is what most americans care about in that case not ornaments. But other than that rare circumstance no one gives a fuck. A $300 1 MOA T/C compass is just as good at killing something as a giant gold etched class symbol.

You've got no real hope of success in that venture OP.

You're never been to a bench rest match, have you?

Also, I know that classic American rifles, mainly those with an old-west sort of connection, sell for mad money (many 10's and sometimes 100's of K) at collector auctions. High end Euro stuff like H&H, Rigby, etc. do too. Their double rifles and shotguns command higher prices but there are some people at least buying up the >20k guns.

>>it's a shame because Izmash is the only other company besides Anschutz that makes a fortner style action which biathletes love for speed. The Izmash is like 1/4 the cost of an Anschutz so having them available would encourage more people to take up the sport here.

>super high quality European bolt actions

Attached: 1559243009231.jpg (490x372, 47K)

i dont know the guys name but hes currently doing a sig 551 group buy. i think hes bringing over like 20+ rifles at $3,500 each

Sauce Bitch

Why would you ever pay 1-3k for just some new production bolt action rifle? It's not cheap enough in a world where savage axis get 1 moa and it's not expensive or exclusive enough to pass down as a heirloom. Can you just import milsurp instead? It's gonna be more profitable.

Id pay good money for some h&k sl6 or sl7 rifles.
Id be down for 1 of each have at least 4 friends that would be in.
Things fucking sex