Are there any alternatives to eotechs that have an enclosed design (rules out the holosun 510 series) and a 1-2 moa red...

are there any alternatives to eotechs that have an enclosed design (rules out the holosun 510 series) and a 1-2 moa red dot + 65 moa ring?

i've tried microdots and they don't work for me. i have amblyopia and i'm left eye dominant while shooting right handed. trying to look through a 20 mm microdot with both eyes open doesn't work because my brain is retarded. :(

Attached: 512.A65_00.jpg (2200x1467, 127K)

why are we ruling out the holosun? its nice

idk what your brain is doing with your eye, but just learn to shoot your rifle left handed then, retard. anybody can learn to do that.

Irons, fucking zoomer

yeah irons work great at night.

i want an enclosed optic. if any rain gets on the inner glass of the 510 series, it distorts the dot until it's wiped dry. the holosun 512 series is enclosed and looks decent, but there are very few reviews on it.

i'm using this on my ar15 for home defense and punching holes in paper 25-50 yards. red dot is probably a much better idea than peep sight irons for home defense?

get a tritium sights

Get the EXPS series.

my buddy does this. except the other way around because he's left handed/right eye dominant. he shoots his pistol left handed but right eye (reverse nutnfancy style), but has to shoot his rifles right handed for aperture/red-dot/scopes.

is the extra cost worth it? i honestly like the idea of using AA more than 123 batteries. cheaper and easier to find.

Just focus on the target lmao

i shoot pistol with an isosceles stance using my left eye. shooting rifle left handed just feels really weird.

>alternatives to eotechs
Uh have you tried eotech
This

It's not just that. EXPS series showed less parallax in testing. You get lower 1/3 co witness. You're not supposed to put alkaline bats in the sights anyway.

Dude just get a pack and store them in a B5 SOPMOD stock. If you’re really insistent on the AA, get a 558 or 518

I've got a 503 (t1 clone) that does the whole circle + dot thing.

It's held up okay so far but I haven't had it that long.

This
>durr I want an eotech but not an eotech
There's nothing wrong with them. Stop believing overhyped memes off of the internet.

Attached: 20190614_210436.jpg (3430x1621, 2.95M)

Why do you need a ring? Why do you hate battery life?

Get an Aimpoint or a Trijicon MRO, or better yet, any variety of LPVO.

read the post. i can't use 20-25 mm tube style red dots with both eyes open. i have amblyopia. i have trouble using things like binoculars with both eyes open, because my brain is worthless.

get an etched reticle prism scope

They have an enclosed one now.

Attached: HE512T.jpg (800x533, 33K)

i see it's "in stock" at optics planet but i doubt they're actually shipping. i talked to holosun customer service and they aren't releasing them for at least another 2-3 months.

somehow there is a review on youtube from some european guy. looks good, but i want to see some american reviews.

>Just focus on the target lmao
I'm assuming you mean with a rifle. most people using a non-dominant eye are looking at the target with their dominant eye when they shoulder the rifle, and have to close one eye for a second to grab the image through the aperture. it slows everything down.
people with serious eye dominance issues, can't do it at all, have to do the squinty closing off half the world thing, and it still hard to process. it's easier for them to just learn to shoot a rifle on their dominant eye side.
with pistols it doesn't matter much, because you're just naturally presenting it to the dominant eye, so shoot that with your dominant hand.

Attached: uh1 vortex.jpg (1620x1080, 300K)

That's what I've heard too, they've been teasing these for around 2 years. I have high hopes for them.

i really wish we had more choices of prism scopes outside of econo-brand companies. i just want a basic bitch 4x that wont break.

>paying AP prices for a Holosun
LMAO. Why can't Holosun into Aesthetics?

I only use Eotech and Holosun because only a dumbass would pay that much for some LEDs in a tube made by Captain Sweden.

Attached: SAS Holosun.jpg (4870x3439, 1.18M)

So scratch the red dot entirely and get an LPVO. It's totally cool. I can't use most red dots either because my eyesight sucks.

i've only used cheap variable power scopes before. do LPVO still have eye relief issues?

Depends on the model and how you define issues. Is it like an ACOG where your nose goes into the charging handle? No. But it's also not as good as a red dot or a holographic and never will be.

LPVO kinda suck. Regardless of how good of one you get, it’s still a scope so you struggle with eye box and eye relief.

Shut up, Hickok.

I have an eotech on my whatever this is. I wish it took different batteries.

Attached: IMG_1054.jpg (4032x3024, 1.7M)

What's the word on these things, kinda like the big window feel.

They're "just as good" as an eotech. They've been out long enough for the reviewers to get their hands on them and most people seem to agree that they're worth buying if you aren't willing to shell out the eotech buks

Vortex UH-1

Eye relief is pretty good on decent-tier LPVOs now, certainly at the 1(ish)x end. Less so at the max mag. The big problem they suffer from is the eyebox laterally - if you don't have a good, repeatable cheek-weld you'll suffer in getting a sight picture if you have any L/R movement. You can still shoot two-eyes-open and place the dot, but you need to be consistent laterally to get a proper sight picture through the scope.

That said, horses for courses. What I use my rifle for, I'm never going back to red dots, an LPVO is excellent. If it were a weapon in LE/mil I might think differently, but I'm not so I don't know. If it were 100% solely for home defense I might think differently.

I have one and an eotech exps-3
Pros:
>cheaper
>doesn't have any ledge for debris to catch up on like an eotech (particularly heavy snowfall)
>rechargeable batteries are great for training
>better battery life (with standard batteries-not rechargeable)
>vortex warranty is essentially unconditional-covers everything aside form you intentionally smashing the optic, transferable, and lasts forever; eotech has a 10 year warranty that is not nearly as comprehensive
Pro/Cons
>button placement is better for use without magnifier; worse with magnifier. Workable either way
>turns on at lower brightness than eotech-more suited for immediate indoors use
Cons
>not NV compatible (not a huge deal-you likely won't be using optics with NV and the EXPS-2 isn't either
>mount is of considerably lower quality than Eotech's- still works though

I've seen some people say it has a tint, and seen that in videos reviewing it. Mine does not. I believe they fixed this issue with current UH-1s. I've seen some people claim the reticle is not as crisp as an Eotech. This is not true.

I like mine.

>pictured with magnifier

Attached: 20190704_212913.jpg (1741x1960, 1.47M)

Without.

Sorry for poor focus

Attached: 20190704_212851.jpg (591x826, 233K)

I like these things better than my exps3. I keep it on my HD gun I like it so much. If you want a holosight then the UH1 is the best.

Attached: tOpba2j.jpg (2048x1536, 1.6M)

every conventional rifle scope ever

I saw a nigga shoot it with a fucking shotgun and it survived. I'm p sure this optic will meet your standards

>i have amblyopia
Can you please just say you have a lazy eye so your threads aren't full of people just confused about your condition. Also, post a pic of your googly fish eyes if possible. For research purposes.

Yes. A design flaw of the version posted in the OP is that the batteries are in line with the recoil forces which eventually will lead to failure.

>dat nasty blue tint
Yikes. "Just as good"

>poorfag gun
Prove that your have a EXPS 3.

Attached: 1561486436148.gif (384x239, 354K)

Early Aimpoints were just as bad.

what the fuck are you thinking with this build

Attached: 134892873.jpg (1037x992, 132K)

Dont tell me what to do faggot.

I made it with HD in mind. I went with 9mm so that I won't shoot thru the wall as easily if I have to fire it at a baddie. It's also the reason it has a light and a 2nd mag taped to it and the holosight is there to make aiming faster and easier.

It's also a 9mm PCC which makes it really cheap to shoot, so it's also become my favorite range toy.

9mm penetrates more than 223. i get having a weapon light but why not something with a tape switch. also why so long. also why that chonk optic instead of something small.

nice choice of hsts though.

i don't have a lazy eye. i did when i was younger but it was surgically corrected when i was 10, but my brain is still fucked up and never learned how to use both eyes like a normal person. amblyopia and strabismus are two different medical conditions, btw.

Because I like the cyberpunk look that the UH1 has going on.

if you can see your target you're either using a flashlight which will cause your irons to silhouette making them very easy to see , or you're using nods in which case you should be using an aiming laser anyway

DI Optical EG1

>You can find them for $360 if you wait for a sale
>The company makes optics for the S. Korean military
>Built like a tank
>Prism scope, ultra clear glass
>Comes as either a dot or circle dot
>Night vision settings

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 260K)

Attached: maxresdefault2.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Post an EOtech or fuck off.

Lmao. Like an Eotech is expensive.

>alternatives to eotechs
I got my 3rd one for $200 on eBay. Just something to consider.

Dong In Optical. Not bad. I have one of their traditional red dots. $170 on sale, 10,000 hour battery life. Works and is solid as a rock. The downside is that it weighs 9oz but oh well...

>shell out the eotech buks
they're $50 cheaper than eotechs you might as well just buy an eotech

POST AN EOTECH OR FUCK OFF.

>better charging handle so it is easy to find blind
>coupled mags that 100% get in the way of running said handle blind

I have one as well. RV2. It feels like an early Aimpoint.

I thought I was the only one who liked DIO. I really like their FC1 microsight. The rectangular window really enhances the FoV over a tube for some reason.

Most ROK troops aren't given red dots because of budget limitations lmao. They have been testing Holosun optics as part of their modernization program though.

Attached: ROK Holosun.jpg (900x675, 108K)

Hah same, I don't know anybody else who has them.

I have the RV2 and a DCL30 circle dot. I've been thinking about picking up a FC1 or the military version. Seems like a better product for the traditional pistol red dot sight as a backup.

>there is a company actually called Dong In

>foreign language so fahnny
Real galaxybrain stuff right there. First time I heard of the company though, is the RV2 any good?

The RV2 feels bomb proof. It seems very Aimpoint inspired like very close to what you would get with a PRO. Thick tube, moderate blue tint to the glass, good battery life, can drop your gun on optic down and it wont notice.

>Real galaxybrain stuff right there.
Oh come on, it's called Dong In. Take Dong Out of your butt and cut him some slack.

>it's bombproof!
>it's built like a tank!
name some actual features or fuck off because every single optic on the market is made of the same anodized 6061 or 7075 aluminum