/pcc/- Pistol Caliber Carbine

Pistol caliber carbine thread- AKA "Obviously supplanted by SBRs but fuck it"

Post your PCCs in this hugbox of a new general that will soon turn into yet another cesspit of faggotry no matter how hard you try. If you post a .22 a certain goat will rape you in your sleep.

Attached: WP_20190629_014.jpg (2207x1728, 1.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/03/14/potd-emtan-cz-scorpion-mag-fed-ar/
thetruthaboutguns.com/shot-show-palmetto-state-armory-mp5-update/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is pistol caliber carbine another name for these are SMGs

I don't see no fullauto here dumdum.

Attached: WP_20190629_012.jpg (3072x1728, 1.91M)

I love my MP5 more than any other gun

Attached: FB5204E0-A4E7-4344-B825-DB3F18B47B13.jpg (1536x2050, 788K)

currently my favorite gun. i need an a2 stock already!

Attached: Zenith z5rs.jpg (3000x943, 1.22M)

Oh fuck MSD is coming to another general oh no

Attached: dumb projects.jpg (4032x1734, 3.98M)

POF A2s are indistinguishable from HK ones, it's like the only part they make from what I've seen that's actually on par.

hows the ruger pc9? I kinda want that as a home defense gun, but not if it's shit.

good to know. i was actually eyeing the pof green furniture set from rtg in addition to a black set. just for a different flavor i guess.

I'm considering getting a POF mp5 for a shooter and a few of the guys I've asked about it all say if you don't care about how it looks it's perfect for that. Guess the Pakis follow instructions well re: using HK tooling and process but can't make a pretty weld or nice engraving to save their life, on top of their paint making Arsenal look like masters.

if finish is a concern, atlantic is doing their own finish on the pof's theyre selling. the catch is, i dont think they do black.
personally, id just get the pof and use it as is or pay more for a ptr/zenith

Can I build an AR-9 with a regular AR-15 lower parts kit (incl. milspec buffer + spring)? I have an unfinished 80% lower and a LPK, i'm just assuming I could get an AR-9 upper, pistol brace, and magazine adapter

If you want to save a few hundred bucks on it, sure. Personally, if I'm already into the MP5 hole, I might as well go a bit further and nab a Zenith. Now if only the Dakota Tactical and HK options weren't a fuckhuge leap beyond that in price...

Attached: WP_20190629_007.jpg (1728x3072, 2.67M)

love mine, welds are fine

Attached: IMG_20190527_153238~2.jpg (2631x2747, 2.63M)

Attached: IMG_20180110_145907.jpg (4031x2458, 1.93M)

That looks very nice, the welds on the rear sight are a bit sloppy but on par with some Zenith pictures I’ve seen.

I mainly liked the steel lower, and the POF funkyness, price wasn't a concern really. For a can host plinker would definitely buy again

I rarely see people with UMPs around here and MP5s seem to be getting really popular in the gun community lately. Any reason the UMP is being neglected?

I am in the market for a PCC, preferably a "pistol" with brace, but here's the catch, I want a folding brace, I like the kriss, but I'm not dropping $1200 on one, that PSA AK in 9mm looks interesting, but seems sold out forever. Any recommendations, under $800 or so?

well for starters, the UMP is a steaming pile of shit that should have never been made, so there's that.

fucking stamp is taking forever

Attached: pee5.jpg (1308x1202, 702K)

The UMP is objectively inferior to the MP5 in every way save for a few exceptions. Granted the LRBO is something the MP5 lacks, but the UMP's horseshit recoil more than makes up for that advantage. I was amazed at how jumpy the USC I shot was.
My stamp took 20 days, same as it did last November. I'm honestly surprised the ATF is managing to keep wait time consistently down for this long. Unless you did a physical form before the e-forms kicked back in, in which case lolRIP.

Attached: 2012-08-02091606.jpg (1024x768, 270K)

Any recommendations for a sling setup for a scorpion evo? Not sure if I just want to go with 2 HK clips or go with some kind of 1" sling and use the sling loop on the receiver.

Attached: 9mmcollage.jpg (960x540, 193K)

I’ve got both, and the welds on the POF are about on par with those on the z-5. The rear sight are just a little prettier on the MKE, but the cocking tube welds are cleaner on the POF. The POF paint is uglier, but aside from that, mines pretty nice. Additionally, POF furniture sets are really nice (a3 stock is the exception, it’s crude and needs some work to eliminate wobble when extended), and are a drop in fit on MKE guns. The SEF housings can be modified to swing down on the POF guns with minimal effort. I’m new to mp5’s (coming from shooting mostly ak’s) but they immediately became one of my favorite guns to shoot.

Attached: E7EB39A1-99B9-4267-898A-8ED8E5068085.jpg (2576x1932, 701K)

Anyone have experience with the Tavor X95 in 9mm? I have a hard-on for bullpups but I'm also considering a Zenith/PTR or a Scorpion.

How do you like the Scorpion? There is a pistol version at my lgs, it feels great but wish i could shoot before buying.

I just bought a KUSA KP9, and now I'm thinking I should go ahead and buy a silencer for it before I dump money into anything else. I want something three-lug compatible.

Bought my PTR 9r 2 weeks ago. A+ mp5 clone, almost perfect bolt gap from the factory .17 on the feeler gauge. Shoots like a dream accurate as hell. There was a pin that was peened a little funny and had a sharp edge but I'm not worried about it. Highly recommend it, I think the slight cosmetic issue is from them rushing these puppies out the door so fast.

op pic has a vert and a shit red dot
pls neck urself

Not the guy youre asking but the scorpion is just ok. To elevate it from “ok” to “good” i think it benefits from aftermarket parts.
In its stock form everything works as it should. Mine was 100% reliable, not a single malfunction after ~2k rounds. It just has a few small annoying ergonomic things that add up.

I love mine, its a lot of fun and have yet to have any issues. Only thing you will want to do when you do get one is get a safety delete, reduced spring for the drigger, and a new pistol grip because the stock angle is pretty uncomfortable.

Where is the best place to engrave NFA markings on MP5s?

Nothing wrong with vertical grips

Ok fair I guess, but in that case why wouldn’t you just get a rifle caliber? 556 would have more stopping power than a 9mm

it's in the OP- the thread is about pistol caliber, carbines, therefor they're not 5.56mm

Look for a local engraver IMO - much easier if you can just schedule a day to drop it off and pick it up later instead of mailing

Cheaper ammo, and quieter if you use a silencer.

It gets a lot of hate because it's got a pretty harsh recoil impulse, especially in full auto.
It doesn't bother me all that much since I still enjoy shooting mine,
but I can see why people dislike it.

Attached: ZT67VUW.jpg (1392x928, 276K)

Wrong. They are very similar but there are differences due to import laws and post 86 fuckery.

The "savings" really aren't that good. Consider that (at least the last time I looked) POFs were shipping with one mag and that's it. Whereas the MKEs all ship with case, 3 mags cleaning kit, and sling. The mags alone run an additional 30-40/mag.

I mean location on the gun.

my shit here.

Attached: IMG_20190527_152630.jpg (4160x3120, 2.38M)

Veritas Machining did mine, right in the left side slot for the A3 stock. Top notch stuff.

This is true, and I might add the finish quality on the MKE mags is great. Better than the ATI ones I have anyways.

Attached: 20190705_125507.jpg (3264x1836, 2.27M)

Dumb bitch read.

Attached: JPEG_20190117_102702.jpg (540x540, 44K)

I just bought a POF and only have one magazine, how many should I get? How many mp5 magazines is it worth having when they are like 50 dollars each?

Attached: really.jpg (249x231, 7K)

Anyone have experience with CMR 30's I wanna get one but the after market looks like shit and im not sure if its really worth sbr'ing

Has anyone been able to find a B&T APC9K Pro or are they still working on import for that? I’ve seen a couple of APC9 Pros out there.

Many thanks, I heard about the safety being an annoyance but didn't know how much it mattered in the long run. Good to hear reliability is solid, plus aftermarket parts looking relatively cheap is great.

My friend has a tb ksm9 and he loves it. Its a cool gun. I dont know about spending that much on a polymer blowback 9mm, but i can see the appeal.

The right side saftey digs into my trigger hand, the charging handle is comically small, trigger is heavy and boring, and the mag relase works ok but the gearhead works duck bill is worth the $30 or whatever it costs.
I actually like the grip angle but i know not everyone does.
Anyway, $100+ is parts fixes all of that.

Meant for

They're objectively the best foregrip you can have.
What part in the OP didn't you get.
I was this close to getting the KP9 and SBRing, but those cracked receiver covers really put me off. That and I got tired of waiting for the proprietary triangle folding stock to be available for purchase. Of course NOW it's in stock, but oh well, already went the MP5 route.

Attached: WP_20190629_001.jpg (3072x1728, 2.09M)

Tell me how bad that PPSH conversion is again so I can stop feeling angry at myself for passing them up when they were available.

Attached: IMG_27871_zps8643e560.jpg (1024x768, 182K)

Does anyone make an AR9 that takes scorpion/akv mags?

my POF was 1250, do the math

They are awesome, really, really good.

>gote fucker owns two trash sbrs

imagine my shock

Attached: 2014-12-17 13.50.19.jpg (190x245, 31K)

>gote

if you only knew the depths of his depravity

Paper doesnt give a shit about ballistics.
It seems most of Jow Forums has stopped being able to think about firearms in any other terms than combat.

Do tell

I want a stainless carbine in .357 match pic related. I'm hesitant to buy a Rossi because I understand they are Taurus, but no matter what you tell me, I can't buy anything named "Henry Big Boy." I'm sorry, that's just so gay, and I have a gay cousin named Henry. I wouldn't be able to hold the thing without getting creeped out. Any recommendations that don't involve homosex?

Attached: 5060.jpg (475x223, 17K)

I guess so. kind of.
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/03/14/potd-emtan-cz-scorpion-mag-fed-ar/

Even in urban combat, pistol calibers out of long barrels do just dandy against unarmored targets. The hardest hitting rifle I own is technically a PCC - a .44mag lever gun. You really only need (inb4 "shall not", "it's not the bill of needs") to upgrade to rifle calibers for large game, long engagement distances, or armored targets.

Pls reply

Inside the stock slot. It's the most low impact place and where pretty much everyone who knows what they're doing puts it.

Because fuck you thats why. I have a lot of guns. This is a toy for me.

Look for sales. The Korean mags in particular can go as low as $30. In general I recommend at least 3 mags for any gun but I would say 9-12 is a good sweet spot

The Rossis are not as bad as you think. In fact they can even be made good.

Attached: IMG_20181029_091350.jpg (2610x4640, 1.95M)

He was talking about the stocks, you fucking impatient knowitall sperg.

Yes, that is indeed shit.

Generally, korean commercial mags are shit. Some of them work ok but across the board, theyre shit.
Mp5 user, get some pof mags. They work well and go for around $30ish irrc. All of my pof mags run perfectly

I think so, but i think youll need a 9mm weight specific buffer

I've had good luck with man, but in general I do

You can but reliability varies. The original DoE carbines did

PSA MP5 is going to be around $1200

What about these guns is inherently so expensive?

Attached: 1562301436247.jpg (1080x1350, 262K)

Well gee Billy do you think you can spin up a production line for a product and it not cost anything? Remember every MP5 requires welding, and more importantly requires parts, building and time. Just because a gun can be built cheaply doesn't mean it's automatically cheap

Do you think they determined there wasn't sufficient market volume to pay off the machines doing $600 mp5's?

because tooling is expensive, press time is expensive, labor is expensive.

Do you think that American workers can weld an MP5 at less than $100 cost of just that labor alone?

You wanna source that one there

They said it might start as high as $1300 but they're looking to lower the price to $1100 per gun
I didn't save the source so it's going to take me just as long to look up as it will for you

I have no idea how much normal mp5's cost so the number isn't really significant to me.
With the MPX and scorpion and APC9 though it seems like the market is probably already saturated

I'm not seeing anything about it

Oh God please tell me they're direct blowback like they were rumored to be that would be so fucking hilarious.

Attached: blatblatblat.gif (196x172, 4K)

Totally the best gun ever!
I definitely didn't buy it for the memes even though it's basically a wall hanger and I'm scared it'll blow up if I fire live rounds through it.

Attached: Szz56YT.jpg (5184x3456, 3.61M)

First result on Google my fellow glownigger

thetruthaboutguns.com/shot-show-palmetto-state-armory-mp5-update/

Thanks I'm rarted

this fucking polymer meme lower might be enough to sink the ship

maybe it's just a stand-in

Attached: 20190122_162302-768x576.jpg (768x576, 65K)

And they actually tout it as a plus
Like nah you retards no one wants that magpul garbage on a gun that's supposed to be faithful to the original

OOF.
Glad I got a Zenith instead.
That shit's ugly as fuck.

Attached: hFVAABZ.jpg (5184x3456, 3.72M)

Do it homie, it's rad as fuck

Attached: 20190622_1417372.jpg (4656x2582, 2.65M)

Oh that is wonderfully retarded, I cannot wait for this shitheap to actually come out.

psa afraid of getting btfo by a bunch of turks and pakis is probably what's making them take so long

No they are likely looking for parts suppliers and setting up their plants

Mine comes in on Monday. Its an anteater edition

anyone efile in may?

my pof welds are better than my zeniths welds. zenith welds on the sight base had to much undercut.

As a welder I say yes, cause I could do all that welding in less than 15mins.