What are my options if I want a smol double barrel shotgun without dealing with massive amounts of NFA red tape...

what are my options if I want a smol double barrel shotgun without dealing with massive amounts of NFA red tape? Preferably for not much more than $500.

Attached: toz66.jpg (4000x2250, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.offthegridnews.com/self-defense/guns-ammo/the-incredible-aow-any-other-weapon/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

a "firearm" that is like the shockwave or tac 14

Chiappa Arms Triple Threat

Black powder SxS

This, just dont bubba an original 19th century percussion gun unless the front end the the barrel is too fucked up.

Pedersoli howdah hunter

Attached: s7_216598_imageset_02.jpg (400x276, 26K)

Just make one, you cuck.

very fancy my nigga

Attached: 65277806_1020001418195518_2829383541022785536_n.jpg (466x960, 85K)

Except that requires a 19"+ barrel to reach the 26" minimum OAL.

How does one go about finding a cheap one? New black powder shotguns in general don't seem common and tend to be rather expensive.

Those seem to cost about $700, is there anything cheaper?

Attached: break action shotgun OAL vs barrel length.jpg (1500x843, 491K)

>hurr why don't you want to plan for the possibility of any range trip you take turning into a police standoff
Fuck off and die faggot.

If you want try an get a norinco coach gun from Canada. There’s a service that will import guns from Canada I forget the name but you might be able to find it.

Bubba
dont
touch
the 19th century percussion gun.
If you want a short barreled BP gun pls get a reproduction or buy a secondhand one, I wouldn't want to cut down an OG unless the fuckin barrel is split at the end and Ive never seen one like that. Worst ive seen is one rusted up badly and missing small parts. Pedersoli sells really nice percussion shotguns but theyre $1000 new. If youre lucky you can find originals for under $400 on gunbroker or at gun shows but youre a giga nigga if you cut that up.

fuugg, so sexy, but most of my gun money is going toward "practical" prepper things at the moment, like collecting weapons in most major cartridges, and accessories like night vision and even dried food goods.

>cost about $700,
Then you really won't like the .410 cartridge version.

Attached: Pedersoli_Howdah_.45-.410.jpg (1200x800, 449K)

Lol, nice argument.

I wouldn't touch an original. I was wondering about finding a cheap used/out of production repro. I know there are some cheap options when it comes to out of production muzzle loading rifles.

Old sears or Steven's/savage sxs are about 100 bucks and a hacksaw at home depot is about 15.

Pedersoli, or any 20ga double muzzle loader. Order online, ship to door.

Leinad made a model of their .410 side by side derringer that had around 10" barrels. Those should be reasonably cheap still. Only downside is it uses a single hammer that you need to switch between barrels.

You can't make non-NFA "sawed off" style unless they are 410gauge.
Anything larger is considered a "destructive device" but regular shotguns are given an exemption for sporting purposes.

Other than that you're looking at the shockwave style pump action or black powder.

There was a thread a week or two ago where an user talked about how this and other NFA workarounds (such as a smol integrally suppressed rifle) could be done with "non fixed ammunition" that ammounted to normal cartridges minus the primer that one would put on a separate nipple at the cost of only being usable in single shot actions. They just got shouted down though because it wasn't practical for self defense or applicable to an AR-15.

Why hasn't any company started pumping out short barrel side by sides non-NFAs like the Shockwave? Couldn't you do it if it meets the overall length requirements and was never a "shotgun" (because pistol gripped shotguns have their own category)?

>They just got shouted down though because it wasn't practical for self defense or applicable to an AR-15.
the staggering autism of this place is unbelievable
>hey guys, I want to have fun with a range toy, is X and Y possible?
>HURR GOOD LUCK USING THAT WHEN THE NOGS CIVIL WAR INTO A BOGALOO HERE LOOK AT MY GUCCI AR WHILE I READ YOU SOME SHTF FANFICTION I JUST WROTE

Get an old shot gun cut barrel short cut off butstock

Get AOW tax stamp for like 5$

Done

google.com/amp/s/www.offthegridnews.com/self-defense/guns-ammo/the-incredible-aow-any-other-weapon/amp/

See the pic here: , you need 19"+ barrels to reach the 26" minimum OAL. The whole reason the Shockwave is able to have a shorter barrel is because of the additional length of the receiver taking up a good portion of the 26" minimum OAL.

>Get AOW tax stamp for like 5$
That's only for transfers. Making an AOW is still $200 so there's absolutely no point in doing that over making an SBS. Also, that still leaves with with the close to 1 year wait period that there is for NFA items these days, not being able to take the gun out of state without notifying the ATF ahead of time, and other bullshit associated with owning NFA items.

>How does one go about finding a cheap one?
Used ones. gunbroker, all the major auction sites (morphy/julia's, rock island auction, etc.) The big collector stores like Collector's Firearms in Houston or Simpson Ltd will all have stacks of them. You can snag one easily between $100-200.

Another option is buying a used Pedersoli shotgun.

There's also the "diablo" muzzleloader in current production. Look it up.

>Get AOW tax stamp for like 5$
the tax stamp is only $5 to TRANSFER and AOW. You have to find someone else who already made it and then will sell it to you. The tax to MAKE an AOW is $200.

That's kinda true, but not really. Any sort of smoothbore cartridge-firing pistol, even .410, is an NFA item. Certain ".410"s are exempt because they are RIFLED not smoothbore. Example: Taurus Judge, S&W Governeor, etc. If you cut down a normal .410 shotgun with a smooth bore then that would be an NFA item.

You can E-file form 1's currently. I just did one for an M203; got my stamp last week. It ook exactly 15 business days to get approved.

You are 100% correct on the rest of it though. Paper forms are taking forever; I filed a paper Form 1 to build a smoothbore pistol back in October and I haven't heard shit back on that one yet. The last paper form 1 I did (SBR) two years ago only took about 3 months.

Not that user, but yeah, you can definitely dodge the NFA that way. Be careful, because different definitions use different rules, but there's substantial wiggle-room for non-conventional options.

I'm looking to make a stocked pistol that avoids AOW by a similar route; rather than having a powder+projectile cartridge, and separate primer, I'm looking at using a primer+powder cartridge (to wit, a nailgun blank) with a separately loaded projectile.

FWIW, I think my dodge only gets me out of the SBR/SBS/AOW, which specifically refer to fixed ammunition; because it's still a rimfire (thus modern) nailgun blank rather than a "matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system", it doesn't count as an "antique firearm", and thus doesn't avoid the machinegun, destructive device, and silencer categories.

Whereas that user's approach should be an antique, and exempt from all of the NFA.

Agreed it would be a sin to bubba a nice gun, but it wouldn't be too hard to find a beat-up antique 8ga.

I monitor all the big auctions looking for 8ga double rifles, so I search for "8ga" a lot. 8ga shotguns are far more common than the rifles are. Many of them are high-end collector's pieces, but it's not too hard to find beat-up examples from unknown makers (usually some generic Liege fowling piece). I don't see a problem bubbaing a gun like that.

Just break the goddamn law you absolute fucking pussy

In minecraft.

For SHTF it would be a great idea but for normie civilian life it would be bad to try and take it anywhere. Unless people around you dont give a shit about a sawn off it would be fucking moronic to go wave that around until the US goes through with the inevitable boogaloo

Wild kjaskaar spotted