What is the best WW2 service rifle?

Why is it the K31?

Attached: k31.jpg (392x128, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HNbQdAtNhM8
youtu.be/9RJ7ruYqiK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's literally not because the Garland handily takes that honor and it's not even a close contest.

Steyr's M95/35 was superior to the K31

How so?

semi auto makes it superior to any bolt action by default

Lmao what the fuck are you talking about, that's implying something like the G43 is better. It's not. Have you seen how fast the action of the K31 is?

Its a semi auto and holds 8 rounds.

For it to be a "WWII" anything, it would have actually had to have seen action in the war.

Slower than any semi auto.

-t A massive K31 fanboy.

Okay buddy retard. I'm not arguing with a fudd.

Still slower than a semi auto

There's only so fast you can reasonably use a .30-06

Accuracy

shut the fuck up wit your boring shit please

no fuck you

>WWII service rifle
>not used in WWII

okay this is so epic can we stay neutral

In what fucking world would a fudd defend a semi auto over a bolt action?

youtu.be/HNbQdAtNhM8

youtu.be/9RJ7ruYqiK4

It's the garand you retard

You have a very strange idea of what constitutes a fudd. Also, see

>G43
not a basic infantryman's rifle
only for squad leaders and designated marksmen, sometimes.
STV was a better contender to some degree, but not fully and not really in practice, iirc 1/3 of riflemen were supposed to be rearmed with them before the war broke out and then they rather made more Mosins.
>Have you seen how fast the action of the K31 is?
Straight pull isn't inherently better than classic bolt action, while you don't need to turn your wrist to cycle, you need to "fight" with the camming system, so you're only a few miliseconds faster.
Pretty much everybody from former A-H switched from straight pull Mannlichers to Mausers after WWI because everyone realized from first hand experience the extra complexity is not really worth it.

But the main point is, you still need to fire-uncheek-cycle-cheek-aim, with each shot, but with semi auto you can just fire-adjust aim-fire again

this is so sad can we perpetuate bullshit myths

>myth

It's literally being shown in practice. Is this some new meme I don't know about?

the meme is that fudds and boomers perpetuate bullshit myths like the garand sound

Except they had to use an oddball .329 caliber round instead of a standard 8mm mauser, if the Hungarians didn't have to be such special snowflakes the M95 would be the best straight pull bolt milsurps hands down.

It wasn't though.

Attached: 20190227_103905.jpg (3962x862, 1.96M)

Literally who said anything about the Garand sound?

Don't get me wrong, the SVT was woefully inadequate and expensive for WW2. But this gun directly influenced weapons that were brilliant and stood the test of time more than any other WW2 weapon.

Attached: SVT-40_-_Ryssland_-_AM.032865.jpg (800x400, 63K)

can the mas 36 even be considered a ww2 standard issue rifle? I mean in 1940 most of the french army ws still using berthies and lebels,and later in the war the free french forces mostly used british and american stuff

Bro the AK bolt is literally from the Garand

I think he was referring more to the gas system

It was great for ww2, just expensive, I seem to remember the stat being something like 5-7 mosins could be made for the same price as an svt40.
>semi auto
>pretty accurate
>heavy but no heavier than was normal at the time
>semi auto
>takes magazines or stripper clips (same stripper clips as the mosin)
>did I mention semi auto
>uses the same ammo they used in the mosin
>DETACHABLE BOX MAGAZINES IN THE 1940s