Why was he so different than his fellow soldiers, Jow Forums? Why didn't he follow his orders? What made him different?

Why was he so different than his fellow soldiers, Jow Forums? Why didn't he follow his orders? What made him different?

Attached: BSTW5454MZEUJHVUDL77KU3G34.jpg (800x450, 60K)

>Why didn't he follow his orders?
I don't think he actually disobeyed orders. I think he just snitched.

He was a pilot and only experienced Vietnam in short doses while sleeping in a dry cot at night, while the majority of the perpetrators were on the ground and desensitized to what they were doing (or at least that's the defense they would use).

He wasn’t so fucking lost that he thought what was happening even remotely resembled something U.S soldiers, or anyone for that matter, should be doing.

He had a sense of morality, didn't let the war fuck that up, even if after the fact he did experience PTSD, the man did the right thing

Who?

Saved a village of gooks after they got slaughtered by US soldiers by taking them on his helicopter

A traitor.

Because he was a pog

A snitch and coward he should of been left in that jungle not my friend John.

I got to shake his hand while he was speaking at West Point over 20 years ago. Great man.

Attached: Hugh Thompson.jpg (2000x1331, 625K)

>what made him different
Retained his moral compass

Commie fuck

>if you think murdering women, children, and the elderly is bad you're a commie
Generally commies are the ones okay with slaughtering innocents

He should've died in the jungle and saved us a bunch of grief

He was a pilot and wasn't a part of the unit. Seriously, grunts indiscriminately killing civilians is not good, either in the sense of achieving your objectives, or just as a human bean.

But how else can I be an edgy internet bad ass if I dont support indiscriminate killing of innocent unarmed people?

This board is full of edgelord Jow Forumsacks now. It explains the greater number of nogunz too.

Attached: 1561359578783.jpg (960x720, 271K)

>the board doesn't align to my worldview
>everyone else must be the problem

Did he talk about how he got over his alcoholism? His life must have been pretty fucked up after all that.

My God, I'm becoming part of the problem. Thanks for the insight.

No, but being borderline alcoholic myself, I could tell pretty easily he still had drinking issues.

Attached: beer frog.gif (273x271, 1.73M)

>borderline
Why can't you just admit you have a problem? I do.

Because I'm not constantly wasted all the time. It goes up and down. During the school year, when I'm dealing with shitheaded kids and their even more shitheaded parents, I drink myself into a stupor most weekends. When it's summer, I'm kinda sorta sober.

Attached: me irl.png (480x360, 231K)

Tell me what it's like being a teacher and/or administrator. Would you rather work at an adult school?

You're an, "alcoholic," and so am I. Labels are unhelpful, but there's no need to blame external factors for our terrible coping mechanism.

>Tell me what it's like being a teacher and/or administrator.

Vice principal/head of discipline actually. It's basically doing the same work as a principal but with none of the prestige or pay of an actual principal.

>Would you rather work at an adult school?

Probably, but those are honestly even more underfunded and understaffed.

>What made him different?
Being a manlet.

Worked for Murphy.

He just had the backbone to back up his convictions. I respect that.

That said, I don't entirely blame the guys on the ground either. There's something to say for total war, especially when fighting a slippery undefined enemy.

Attached: article-2345454-1A6A56F5000005DC-897_964x663.jpg (964x663, 169K)

Some folks are born

He was a Chad, pure and simple. Chad sticks to his convictions even when he risks social capital, incel betas on the other hand use excuses like "just following orders" or blame others for exposing their weakness and failings.

>He wasn’t so fucking lost that he thought what was happening even remotely resembled something U.S soldiers, or anyone for that matter, should be doing.

well said

this is probably the best answer in this thread. combat is experienced in gradients. it's possible for certain people who get shot at to be extremely far removed from the bulk of the actual suffering of which combat is composed. the difference between making a couple flights you know could be your last and every step you take potentially being the last you ever take. outside the wire, walking around as a grunt, you take a hell of a lot of steps, and you have to make a real reckoning at some point about each of them. every man handles it their own way, but it seems to be pretty rare that a man isn't changed in some way by virtue of it.

Based

My mistake I thought that was young john mccain.

Only complete fuckups make exposure to combat their excuse for moral failure. Most men are not moral, you for example and seek excuses for their failure to be more than shit and drag everyone down to their level. A smaller number are moral men and heavy exposure to combat won't change that.

If only a small percentage of men won't break your version of moral then your version of moral is immoral

There are objective morals you disgusting post modernist.

A cuck.

No.

yes.

It's true though

>lands his chopper and orders the door gunners to open up an American soliders while he help injured civilians escape

Based. Losing your shit and hosing down an entire village isn't anything to be admired, he risked his ass to do what he thought was right.

Cmooon, let us shoot em, whaddaya say Tommy?

Attached: 2c4388d3fa27cf2a4851b6fef8ed29c2.jpg (287x370, 20K)

>Disliking McCain because Mr Bonespurs doesn't like him