What year will flamethrowers make a comeback? I want to be a flametrooper

What year will flamethrowers make a comeback? I want to be a flametrooper.

Attached: 7FED8449-0F69-4CDA-A7E9-3416CD9F543F.jpg (385x400, 24K)

>Purifying flame.

Attached: 250px-KW_Purifying_Flame_effects.png (250x176, 96K)

When we fight a species other than human. Perhaps, the Emu War II.

We don't need a daily thread about this. Go flambé your dick.

Even in death, I still serve.

Attached: UM_Venerable_Dred.jpg (807x537, 88K)

When we can get more than couple of ten seconds and over 200m from basic one man carried tank

probably when some faction or another has to go back to clearing out jungle or bunkers. gotta bring the most useful tool for the job.

I remember some mention how east vietnam or whatever they were just poured hundred pf liters gasoline in the hole and set it fire

Is "japanese soldiers aimed for the gas tanks" the biggest fuddlore in the history of WW2?

its dumb, but i'm sure flamethrower operators were probably number one for targets if they had the chance

They were definitely priority targets since they were a giant lighthouse of a combatant compared to the silhouettes you would see at normal combat ranges.

Average life of a flamethrower operator on Iwo Jima: 6 mins.
so yeah

Probably only on vehicles

KANE LIVES

Citation needed. That sounds like fuddlore.

>flame weapons

Naw man, lightning is where it's at.

Attached: 1.21 emperorwatts.jpg (768x1024, 195K)

Why did modern armies stop using flamethrowers? As far as I know there's no outright ban on their use in war.

Attached: 1522862589261.jpg (900x918, 141K)

Im pretty sure it's banned in the Geneva Conventions. Can't remember for sure though.
Plus they're not any trees in the middle east

Attached: IMG_5797.jpg (640x280, 42K)

Using fire weapons on civilian populated areas is banned.
Technically even WP is banned as it is chemical weapon but all countries go "it is not used because of its chemical weapons properties"
Well I am going to do pest control with mustard gas on enemy populated areas and as I am not using it against my enemies it is not banned.

thermobarics are much better at clearing out entrenched enemies. a massive amount of firepower in a small package and can be launched from much longer range.

Attached: 3424245656.jpg (900x627, 132K)

Short range and limited ammo mostly. The US developed the M202 FLASH, which is pretty much a rocket launcher that shoots napalm rounds. Then thermobaric weapons came around and proved to be even more effective.

Attached: m202.jpg (600x400, 114K)

>Why did modern armies stop using flamethrowers?
because they're obsolete, and we have more efficient ways of killing people in entrenched positions than squirting them with burning fuel oil at point blank range.

Flamethrowers are never coming back, get over it nerds.

*incoherent Scrin noises*

There's awlready global warming dont make it worse :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((