Best EDC knife?

best EDC knife?

Attached: b5411e7bf94e7b5b68dcda604c2b89c779c1a85761386ea5343e3ee58750314b.png (527x533, 375K)

The one you will actually carry everyday

Navaja with 20 cm blade. Or one of those huge-ass sicilian razors.

Attached: navajaduel.jpg (550x436, 97K)

20cm is too long.
I'm looking for a compact self defense shank.

There is no such thing as self-defence with a knife. Most of the states and countries will place your ass behind the bars for killing someone with a knife, even if you were protecting your life (with exeptions such as home defence).
If you plan on killing someone, be sure to get a knife which is sharp, pointy and which fits your hand. Handguard is not needed if you know how to hold it.
Best "self-defence" bladesize according to certain authors is 10-15 cm. And it's better be a fixed blade knife.

Attached: baratero.jpg (328x500, 64K)

If you just want to shank people then a flat head screwdriver. Deadlier than any combat knife. If you want a decent, easy to carry pocket knife that could be used for self defense then a Mercator K55 cat knife. It'll fit nice and flat in your back pocket so you'll always have it in you.

>involving the cops
I don't live in a cctv riddled shithole, there's just loads of muggers and druggies around. Not American, so funs are a no-no.
Were I to get assaulted, I'd just toss it in a body of water somewhere later, I don't want to stab people willy nilly like a psycho.

>Deadlier than any combat knife
No. It may be more innocent-looking, but a good fighting knife is better, because it has edges, so the wounds are not just punctured.
>decent, easy to carry pocket knife that could be used for self defense then a Mercator K55 cat knife
Why not Ti-Lite, which was designed as a self-defence tool, while Mercator is a utility blade?

>I don't live in a cctv riddled shithole
Good for you.
>isufferinmycapitalcity.jpg
>Not American, so funs are a no-no.
I see.
Anyway, knife fights are not like your Skyrim rouge walkthrough. You will get cut or shanked, as well as the assaulter. That's 90% sure.
>, I don't want to stab people willy nilly like a psycho.
You will have to, because it's almost impossible to put down a person with one stab.
Actually, a pair of a knife and a pepper spray might go just fine. Just get a good pepper spray, like Pfeffer KO.

OKC Cerberus

spyderco tenacious

>There is no such thing as self-defence with a knife.
Is this the modern fudd-lore?

Kondrat-12
How's that fuddlore, if law doesn't recognize knife fights as self-defence? Common people view cases of self-defence as they are, lawmen view them as cases of murder.

Thats why you're supposed to run like hell and dump the knife and your clothes.If you're lucky you might just get away with it.

Yes and no. In real terms it's very difficult to prevent injury to yourself with a knife. You can guarantee the other guy dies as well, but you can't keep yourself safe. Minimal ability to deflect/block attacks, slow to stop enemies, easy to turn on the wielder compared to a blunt weapon.
Get you a baton, and you have a much better chance of a good outcome post-combat.

>stab somebody 30 times because they were kicking your ass
>win and go to jail
>stab somebody 30 times while they stab you 30 times because they tried to stab you first and blood loss is a thing that takes time
>die or get to convince a jury that they started it, not that they'll care since nobody is going to believe you really ""needed"" to stab them 30 times
>try to stab somebody for pulling a gun on you
>die
>try to stab somebody for pulling a bat or large stick on you
>die
Noticing any patterns?

>dump the knife
Implying that you can't wash John Doe's DNA off the knife and that modern knives have unique wound patterns.
>try to stab somebody for pulling a bat or large stick on you
It takes practice to be able to beat a man to death with a stick. And I doubt that many people are actually capable of knocking someone out of the fight with one swing.
>try to stab somebody for pulling a gun on you
21 foot rule.

21 foot rule is for fat American cops with 12lb trigger glocks and assumes your legs are cemented in place so you can neither backpedal nor kick them in the chest.

If I was to meet a person with a knife on a street, I wouldn't risk doing kicks. As long as I don't wear any kind of riding boots.

nobody brandishes a knife openly, they ask you for the time, and then pin you while you're absent mindedly looking at your phone

>It takes practice to be able to beat a man to death with a stick
lmao, people have been killing each other with sticks since we were fucking cavemen. Get real. You get hit with a bat in the dome, you are out right then and there, period.

>21 foot rule.
You don't seem to understand the difference between incapacitation and lethality. The point of self-defense is to incapacitate the attacker. Death can be incapacitating only if it happens immediately, which knives suck at. You will be shot dead even within 21 feet, the fact that the guy is going to bleed out on the way to the hospital or die from organ failure in a few days doesn't do you any good.

>they ask you for the time, and then pin you while you're absent mindedly looking at your phone
That's not how muggers do. The only ways to protect yourself from an attack like this are to be fast enough to react and flee or to wear an armor vest.
>people have been killing each other with sticks since we were fucking cavemen.
But not from one hit.
> You get hit with a bat in the dome,
Dome, the smallest part of human body. You're not a Neo to make one smooth head bash, and if you missed, get ready for a series of sewing-machine stabs.
> The point of self-defense is to incapacitate the attacker.
I undestand that quite well.
>Death can be incapacitating only if it happens immediately, which knives suck at
You have two hands. As the guy pulls out a gun, you stab multiple times with one hand and hold him with the second one.

It's like you people haven't watched Surviving Edged Weapons.

>itt
>faggots who don't understand the concept of tried by 12 carried by 6
grow a pair

>You have two hands. As the guy pulls out a gun, you stab multiple times with one hand and hold him with the second one.
Ok dude, good luck. Enjoy your false sense of security, because that's all your knife is going to be.

Leatherman Surge

Don't Do It Riley! You've gotta let it go