Looking to get a lever action

I'm looking to get a lever action rifle (basically bc they're cool) and I need help finding a good one. Been considering getting a marlin 45-70 (pic related). I'm a smaller guy, weighing in at roughly 150 pounds. Will the recoil on this make it unuseable for me? Any other lever action suggestions? Trying to keep it under $1000 roughly.

Thanks in advance.

Attached: 70478_1895SBL_Right.png (1200x450, 236K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ammoland.com/2019/03/pistols-or-handguns-used-to-defend-against-bear-attack-95-effective-63-cases/#axzz5sv4dabC1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why 45-70? If you're not in big predator territory, I'd rather get .357 or even a .44 mag. Can still hunt with, great predator protection, costs less so .ore shooting to be had.

I got a 45-70 for my first rifle. It’s not that bad recoil wise

Wait for the Henry loading gate 45-70. Youll get a gate and a tube, and a great gun that wont be shit made

30WCF or bust, my favorite cartridge.

Marlin 336 30-30 is a good round

Attached: 336.png (2500x550, 208K)

Is it large enough to hunt deer with?

>Be me
>Autistic retard that accidentally replied to too many people

I have that exact rifle. Super easy to shoot, comes up quick. Recoil is a non-issue when standing, only a little bothersome when prone. The stock butt-pad is thicc.

Why would you want one of those?
Seriously man buy the fucking maresleg.
I don't give a shit which brand you buy. If you want something pistol sized that's cool, then that's the best format on the market

30-30? Hell yeah

Stop copypasting you retard, I want a rifle, not some half assed attempt at melding a rifle and pistol. If you want a handgun, buy a fucking handgun. If you want a rifle, buy a fucking rifle. Mareslegs are just some fucked abomination that aren't a good rifle, and aren't a good pistol.

just get a blr in 7mm-08

Dude just buy a mares leg stop being a pussy

.44 mag out of a pistol has been known to kill brown and grizzly bears, throw that bitch in a 16 inch barrel and it can easily do the job on durr. 45-70 is fun to shoot, great for killing all sorts of shit, unless you live in big predator territory, kinda over kill.

ammoland.com/2019/03/pistols-or-handguns-used-to-defend-against-bear-attack-95-effective-63-cases/#axzz5sv4dabC1
T"here were nineteen uses of .44 magnum revolvers. All were successful. Three were against black bears, one was mortally wounded but finished off with shotgun slugs, another was killed, the third ran off, superficially wounded. Fifteen were against grizzly bears. Nine were killed without assistance. Two were driven of with “warning shots”. One was driven off, without evidence of being wounded. Two were wounded and not recovered. One was wounded and finished off at the scene with a shotgun slug. One was against a polar bear. It was wounded and driven off, then euthanized by local authorities (most likely with a rifle)"

I hunt with a .44 Mag Marlin and appreciate the quicker follow-up shot compared to a 45-70. When I run into a pack of hogs it’s not a problem to shoot three or four real quick. I put a Fastfire on mine and it’s very easy to swing on running targets. Most critters are DRT on impact and im shooting cheap 240 gr White Box.

Attached: 25F82FA1-AA83-495D-A42D-04739032C088.jpg (4032x3024, 2.35M)

>150 pounds

Post shaved legs.

Based

Seriously man buy the fucking maresleg.
I don't give a shit which brand you buy. If you want something pistol-sized that's NR, then that's the best format on the market.

Attached: 7-gh006mml.jpg (800x800, 47K)

Just buy a mare's leg. It's the best format on the market.

If you want the best format on the market just buy a mareleg.

These

For me it's a mare's leg because it's the best format for this market.

Attached: 20190706_140253.jpg (2930x1829, 1.95M)

The thumbnail looks like a tail

retard, I want a maresleg, not some half assed attempt at melding a maresleg. If you want a rifle, buy a fucking maresleg. If you want a rifle, buy a fucking maresleg. Mareslegs arent just some fucked abomination that aren't a good rifle, they're the best rifle (tm).

Not even my thread and I want all the maresleg posters to saw open their necks with butter knives. So good job trolling I guess?

Why use a butter knife when a mares leg could tear your head right off

Dang I wanna hang out with this guy.

What troll?

Attached: 1562438065085m.jpg (1024x1019, 102K)

Attached: 1562381280112m.jpg (1024x536, 57K)

Best reviewed platform on the market

Attached: 1562388340912.png (1080x1920, 420K)

>he doesn’t know what .30-30 is

I mean at least you’re trying to become hasguns but holy fucking Christ do like 30 seconds of google research so that you don’t make yourself look like a complete mouthbreathing retard

>be me yesterday
>at the range
>some faggot zoomer pulls out what I thought was an old war relic
>"your not actually going to shoot that are you sunny? That belongs in a museum!" I said
>he proceeded to load it with modern ammo so I tried to stop him but it was too late
>he fired a round
>the glass shattered
>I flew back 50 ft
>chunks of zoomer meat were everywhere
>I thought to myself "GODDAMN IT, Seriously man buy the fucking maresleg.
I don't give a shit which brand you buy. If you want something pistol-sized that's NR, then that's the best format on the market.

As someone who owns the same rifle the recoil can be pretty harsh, but like all large caliber rifles you can get used to it

>be hungry
>be 2003
>out for a night on the town
>always carry concealed when away from home (illegally)
>see cops roll by me on way to the bar
>oh shit oh shit
>get to bar
>see local waitress
>not too ratchet
>decide to give it a try
>buy ticket for next hour
>get on get off
>she sides off finally and talks about local history of different areas for a bit with me
>pleasant.jpg
>she turns to me and says
>Seriously man buy the fucking maresleg.

>is .30-30 large enough to hunt dear with

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 105K)

30 30 has probaly taken more deer than any other cartridge user. It can even drop black bears. Here in pa, its one of the most common hunting cartridges and the marlin 336 is a wonderful lever action.

Attached: 20190621_121200.jpg (755x1007, 89K)

I got a new production Marlin (Remlin), the stock isnt fitted well, the rear buckhorn came crooked. Would not reccomend. Get a Henry.

Mine was fine but it works till henry gets more loading gates out