Automatic AR or Automatic AK?

Automatic AR or Automatic AK?
Assume it has a bipod.

The AK costs a little more but it's not important.

Attached: ak2.png (918x581, 139K)

AK4

Auto AR for better recoil control if anything.

AR, because you can slap a different upper on it and have a "new" gun.

>AK4
I do have a PTR thanks.
But I need a smaller caliber that's not an HK33.

>But I need a smaller caliber
are you poor?

The range banned outside rifle ammo and I'm not moving away or paying 65 cpr to shoot 308.

>The range banned
i thought you live in a free country

Agreed. Upper swapping makes the AR the winner when you can only pick one.

I appreciate the note for the sake of entertainment. But which would you actually want to take into combat?

For example, I've read lurking that the ARs in general are more resistant to mud thanks to the dust cover, but the AK (in 7.62x39) wins against sand and dust thanks to the more aggressive chamber taper, and the long stroke gas system requiring less oil, which causes less grit to stick inside the action.
And in automatic, surely there's a reason the RPK is still used today while the colt LMG never caught on.

Also barrier penetration
>inb4 77gr
>inb4 untrustworthy 7.62 uppers

yes, we allow idiots to Darwin themselves out of the free market, here
also allow idiots to prop up other idiots
idiots abound
take your pick, freedom hating fagatron

Yep. Think of all the different uppers you can put on there and have a totally different "gun"

Attached: 1559493886793.png (237x314, 53K)

But are these variants actually better than 5.56 DI or just novelties?

Just learn to bumpfire retard.

ak

But why

no reason not to pick the AR

AKs operating system is more like a machine gun but they would both melt if belt fed

This is an interesting point.
In the IV8888 videos the DI system breaks in the basic AR, and the AR short-stroke piston heats and bends causing failure.
But in the VEPR video, the stuck case is the problem after more rounds than the piston AR. After removing the case, it continues to function.
Perhaps a thick long-stroke piston (like the m249, and m240b) is a key element of an LMG.
But a quick change barrel to keep rounds from sticking in the chamber is far more important. Since the AK doesn't offer that, might as well use the AR for it's advantages of less moving mass.

The AKs were designed with a piston. Not true with ARs. Pistons had to be added later on by third party manufactures.
Armalite specifically designed the AR15 for direct impingement. The weakest point intentionally being the gas tube.
Big difference.

I forgot to add, the AR15 is designed to have the gas tube fail to protect the barrel. Because gas tubes are cheap and easy to replace. Barrels are not

The only reason that Vepr quit was because of melted copper blocking the gas port. His GS removed the copper plug and sent it back to him and he fired it again.