Planes

Will Russia and China ever get with the times? All of their planes are little more than supermanueverable crowd pleasers and they don't give a rat's ass about the trend towards BVR that's been happening since the 1970s when we realized the dogfighting is stupid

Attached: PicsArt_07-04-06.38.17.jpg (1714x1080, 318K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cITKk-DqYWE
globalsecurity.org/military/world/stealth-aircraft-rcs.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think they have accepted they will never be able to win an air war that way, hence Russia's heavy reliance on SAMs, China is in a similar boat, but unlike Russia they have money to blow and dick around with experimental aircraft

Attached: 1560207608770.jpg (2048x1582, 687K)

Amazing. Everything in that image is wrong

The thing I like about it is that's it's all subjective opinions, most of them based on looks and nothing more. Compared to the other, which I have saved somewhere and won't be bothered to find has everything in numbers, far simpler and straight forward

Why are russian memes always cruder and more illogical flipped copies of other memes that made them mad?

Because the vodka lowers their IQ that much

I blame alcoholism

hivemind

US is simply superior

Attached: 0B49194B-5A87-465A-A932-4277F73104E6.jpg (693x390, 32K)

I think the flanker series is cool

Attached: PicsArt_06-01-04.18.13.png (1080x1392, 1.21M)

T-I-G-E-R-S

And S-P-A-C-E

its because you amerimutts refuse to see how a single EMP could disable all of your fancy stealth toys. you really should have listened to the people who were calling for simplicity over this fancy shit tech

Attached: Sukhoi_Su-30SM_in_flight_2014 (1).jpg (1280x853, 61K)

kek
this is great

>He doesn't believe Russian designs would be hit by EMP
Unless you're talking the MiG-25 with it's vacuum tubes which were chosen in part to offset EMP effects, Russian craft are going for a dive.

If anyone wants a more comprehensive source on the A2A records, here's the list that the meme draws from.

Attached: A2AKills-A2ALosses-GroundFireLosses.png (2473x4847, 1.89M)

Also an EMP implies nukes, in which case good luck finding a serviceable airbase that isn't blown to shit

In fairness virtually all Russian designs can take off of dirt/unpaved airfields; that isn't as big a concern for them as you would expect.

The F-15 (102/0) is God's Plane.
Sukhois are the planes of the people.

Attached: DX2dDIKWAAA85YO.jpg (1200x800, 330K)

why are so many americans this retarded. Russian planes are meant to withstand an EMP. and that's because we aren't enamored with whatever Jew tech Israel shoves down our throats

China definately is with the times in this regard.

The Russian military aviation industry has simply massively stagnated since the collapse of the USSR.
Like you can't deny that aircraft like the Su-27 or MiG-31 were designed with BVR in mind, considering the weapons they carried and sensors they used; during the 80s, these were part of the cutting edge alongside the F-15 and F-14 when it came to BVR.

This is correct, quite a neat idea actually

American Designs are proven and can rest on their laurels, Russian designs are kinda shit but at least look nice, and chink shit is uninspired rip offs that have never been tested

Attached: 1552580499094.png (1399x1080, 1.9M)

With the USAF wanting the verticle take off for the F-35 so bad Id say they where thinking about the possibility of having to be versitile, an F-35 in theory could land in a tiny field and then resupply and take off again.
Its a neat idea, makes any sufficiently flat piece of ground a potential landing zone for F-35s.
And it lets the Navy's Helicopter Carriers carry fighter jets, making them into "mini" (by us standards) aircraft carriers.

The Marines are the only one with the STO/VL Variant of the F-35

so what are 6th gen jets going to look like?

Attached: Xh7seB5.jpg (835x773, 246K)

Something like this.
Or similar in theory.

Attached: screenshotAtUploadCC_1519279098169.png (1009x634, 619K)

Attached: 5ab96c0a631af031008b45d3-750-375.jpg (750x375, 28K)

Probably tailless compound deltas

how do you control yaw without a rudder?

Either thrust vectoring or split ailerons

They're going to be Planekino

Attached: BoeingnewF-X.jpg (490x366, 24K)

Like this if im not mistaken

Attached: 4surfLeftYaw.jpg (1352x996, 44K)

You're welcome to describe what mythical EMP defenses the Russians have on planes that use solid state electronics and aren't literal Faraday Cages. Also, I'm not American you silly vatnik.

Brake rudders, thrust vectoring, variable thrust and probably some lift augmentation chicanery

dick measuring is pointless.
US military is so large that nothing short of nuking it all can beat you.
well, either that, or sic dirt poor rice farmers with shit smeared sticks on you.

Gee Billy do you ever think it's attitudes like this that lead to their horrific runway accidents?

seems like just a bunch of stupid expensive shit that breaks tacked on to replace a mechanical piece that just werks.
Surely it doesn't negate the drag and stealth capabilities that much?

Its honestly kinda pathetic.
The US debuted the F-22 in 1997 and has ~200 in service and a further ~400 F-35s
While the Russian and Chinese steath programs (which started at the same time as the F-22s own program) are either still in development or seeing limited numbers.
The russians for instance still are protoyping the PAK-50 and have only planned to buy under 100 actual models.
And the Chinese only have 28 J-20s and 8 of them are only protoypes.

shit meant for

It almost makes me wonder if they have to deal with a lot of FOD, crazy isn't that Bobby?

the us also has a defense budget that's not even comparable to the rest of the planet combined

I mean the B-2 has been flying around for ages now without issues with its "fancy" split aileron system.
Not having a massive vertical stabilizer drastically reduces its radar profile.
If you notice, on most steath jets the rear fins are angled and not 90 degrees to the plane, the logical next step is to just remove them.

Attached: FA-XX.jpg (800x542, 114K)

lewd

Northrup Grumman might have revealed the basic shape of their prototype in a promotional ad a while back.
I have a feeling it will look really similar to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=cITKk-DqYWE

Attached: VZL5WNEMNDVU5CGCSLTM2ONL5E.png (1000x488, 353K)

That Honestly looks like it would be a really neat fighter in active service

It entire service by around mid 2020 apparently.
Its part of the Navy,s F/A-XX program to replace the F/A-18's and the USAF F-XX program to create an air dominance fighter by mid to late 2020

Attached: Boeing-Next-Gen-Fighter-Concept-2560x1440.jpg (2560x1440, 313K)

amerifats will probably lose one of these "6th gens" to a fucking mig-21

Only if the mig crashes into it at an airshow

1991, Serbia. You mutts lost an "invisible" failure to a bunch of angry serbs

Attached: 1520129794111.gif (1200x800, 40K)

Its almost like only absolute retards think that stealth means undetectable.
It flew a predictable root over and over again and they got lucky.
Its like you people also forget that the F-117 raped the Iraqis and their relatively modern SAM network when they were flown how they were supposed to be flown.

*route
fucking phones

The Iraqis also shot down an F-117 in 1991, yet you Jew mutts still think that Stealth Is the end all be all

cut back on the krokodil.

>1991
>Serbia
>Iraqi’s shot down F-117
Oh shit nigger what are you doing

Attached: 0FEEBB0D-B3AE-46CA-BA4D-4246E3BEE9BB.png (511x322, 331K)

>nigger what are you doing
he is doing krokodil he made out of old cell phone batteries in his kitchen

Stop believing the Jew propaganda. They want you believe this

This got to be irony.

>Band: S
Dimentions: 8x8m
Instrumental range: 6000km
Scan sector: +/- 20 degrees
Impulse power: 500kWt
Range vs 5m2: 3000km
Resolution: 0,6-30m in range, 45min angle
Errors: 3m range, 0,5min angle
Power consumption: 2MWt

Can someone tell me what's the purpose of investing trillions on stealth again?

Attached: d-pvmq10.jpg (1024x1408, 494K)

>the trend towards BVR that's been happening since the 1970s when we realized the dogfighting is stupid
We decided that in the 50s, and designed fighters like the F-104 out of this belief. Then we went into Vietnam thinking that dogfighting was obsolete, and got taught otherwise by Vietnamese in MiG-17s. Typical American overconfidence, of the type that’s led to loss after loss in wars since 1945. It’ll happen again.

Inb4 “but muh record against Arab air forces!” Arabs can’t fight conventional wars, no matter what equipment they have. You could have given the Syrians F-15s and the Israelis MiG-21s, and Bekaa Valley would have turned out exactly the same.

Nice Russki propaganda.

I don’t believe those radars can lock on to stealth planes and also get a lot more clutter

>This always pisses off pro-stealth aviation fans.

Attached: ventral rcs.png (1152x648, 20K)

Ask the Russians and Chinese who are both trying to develop stealth and catch up.
Its not that stealth cant be detected, its the fact that the range it can be detected from is much closer than conventional jets, letting you fire missiles before they can detect you are there.

T.Vatnik
I wonder when your radars will shoot down manned aircraft other than your own

Attached: 5CF19D12-A33E-442B-959A-DAC4EFA10E06.jpg (500x328, 27K)

Do you have any actual data to back that up you vatnik piece of shit?

5m2 at 3000km for a 64 meter size antenna is not too shabby at 600kms the target size is .008m2.

At the time you would see a planes ventral rcs, the HAARM missiles would be 2 seconds from obliterating your SAM site

Attached: Ventral bigger than front..png (300x168, 73K)

FUCKING K S P

This is such bait it ain't even funny.

Attached: 1536502913356.jpg (628x617, 119K)

Did you deadass use A mod for KSP as a source you tard like it’s a good game but not a source for stealth

Yes hard to be seen on radar when below radar horizon. But again even 4th gen aircrafts have missiles that can strike far enough when flying below the radar horizon. Whats the point of stealth again?

To penetrate airspace even 4th gen SEAD struggles to penetrate

Ventral is bigger than front. wings offer 1000 times in size than front. the underbelly and the front depends on the angle and range of the radar.

guess its the same for 5th gens? The point of stealth?

Don’t dodge the question are you trying to use KSP as a source fag

Attached: 3729F2B2-D060-4037-92B8-CD96B0A613C5.jpg (828x797, 54K)

Vatnik, care to explain how and when a radar site would ever see the Ventral RCS without that site already being fucked by the bombs/missiles of the plane it just fucking detected right on top of it.

No it’s easier for 5th gens due to you know STEALTH this was shown with the B2 bombing campaigns over Yugoslavia

>To penetrate airspace even 4th gen SEAD struggles to penetrate
are you retarded, thats the answer

Already answered the answer you keep dodging ventral rcs is exposed besides the front of the aircraft offering bigger readings than aircrafts at same altitudes seeing the front only.

Are you fucking bait. The F-22 and F-35 take this into account and have geometry plus RAM and EAW to back it up

>No it’s easier for 5th gens due to you know STEALTH

.008m2 at 600kms with a 64 meter antenna...

Do I have to say more? Most of the F-35s arsenal weapons do not even come with that range other than decoys.

no only measurements taken into account was the front of an f-22. I definitely understand that the front is a steel marble. I am talking about the exposure of the belly which SAM sites mostly see depending how close and high aircrafts come.

Imagine believing Vatnik claims about its own fucking radar, especially after they've failed to develop their own steath fighter in meaningful numbers and are now worried about countering US stealth planes.

I heard there is a signed contract for 76 aircrafts at the army expo.

looking at the specs of these radars I could probably understand why we failed to negotiate with s-400 deals regarding india turkey and china.

>no only measurements taken into account was the front of an f-22.
Claim:My ASS

>the exposure of the belly which SAM sites mostly see depending how close and high aircrafts come
1.nice fucking english Ivan
2. Planes on a SEAD mission would not fly high up in the sky, they'd stay as low to the terrain as possible and launch the missiles as soon as they are in range. The stealthy aspects of a plane allows it to get closer to a SAM without being detected. by the time a SAM sight would detect a belly of any plane, its safe to assume they've already launched missiles and are pulling away.

no sane person would design a plane with frontal only stealth. The F-22 and 35 have geometry to be stealthy on every axis through geometry and RAM and other classified means

>our UHF
detection radar can see it
Cool, it’ll get hit by VLO cruise missiles and it can’t even be used to guide SAMs anyway.
>Spam enough decoys to overwhelm ADS
>spam low cost tomohawks and JASSM at SAM sites
>send in F-35s backed up with Growlers to mop up with SDBs
This kills the IADS. Even the Serbs realized that their sams couldn’t deny the USAF and that their best tactic was to blink their sites on and off to try and catch them by surprise. Iraq tried the opposite and was catching HARMs left and right. Shits gonna get even more lopsided once the AGM-88E successor comes online.

20 years after the F-22 became flight ready even though the programs started at the same time.
The balance of power always swings back and forth from attacker to defender.
Longer range HAARM missiles or more complex jamming equipment will be fielded to deal with long range radars.

Test

>2. Planes on a SEAD mission would not fly high up in the sky, they'd stay as low to the terrain as possible and launch the missiles as soon as they are in range.

Glide bombs are dependent on altitudes and so are new missiles in development like the JSM. Also whats the point of 5th gens if 4th gens can stay undetected by flying low as well?

>no only measurements taken into account was the front of an f-22.
Claim:My ASS

globalsecurity.org/military/world/stealth-aircraft-rcs.htm

"From the front, the F/A-22's signature is -40dBm2 (the size of a marble) while the F-35's is -30 dBm2 (the size of a golf ball). The F-35 is said to have a small area of vulnerability from the rear because engineers reduced cost by not designing a radar blocker for the engine exhaust." [Aviation Week & Space Technology; 11/14/2005, page 27

bigger readings on the body than front.

dumb frogposter

Any data that isn't modded KSP?

>>Spam enough decoys to overwhelm ADS
OTH radars can see this 1000s of kms away some seeing 5000 targets can inform SAM operators.

spam low cost tomohawks and JASSM at SAM sites

SPAM 30mm rounds of pantsir anti-aircraft guns, microwave weapons or low cost missiles.

>send in F-35s backed up with Growlers to mop up with SDBs

which are dependent on altitude and if needed a good range high altitude will give SAMs an easier life to shoot you down.

HARMs left and right.
better decoy emitters and serbs don't have access to defenses the Russians have.

pictures on the web?

Attached: 2175-9146-jatm-07-02-0170-gf06.jpg (2700x1799, 369K)