REeeeeeeeeee

went to the range to verify my dry fire which i was fairly sure had improved my technique

turns out i'm still hot fucking garbage, my groups are trash and i'm generally shooting to the right (left handed) even when trying to overcompensate for it

glock 19

Attached: 9630351404_3a8c854f76_c.jpg (800x600, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pistol-training.com/drills/dot-torture
pistol-training.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/dot-torture-target.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jesus, Kathleen l don't even want to ask what the distance was.

there was an infographic floating around that would tell you based on where you shot vs where you aimed what you were doing wrong. web search or an user on here should be able to help you.

aha, here is one of them

Attached: Shot placement guide.jpg (1024x995, 133K)

Attached: pistol_diagnostic_chart.png (626x626, 40K)

Yep, that one or the one I posted before that should do the trick. Try ditching the fur suit I guess?

Why are you so bad?

haha holy fuck this better not be at 7 yards

Dry fire will only get you so far. Accuracy by volume is the only sure fire way to get good.

i just pulled it from image search but i was shooting mostly at 5 yards today and it was honestly probably about as bad

shameful, i know. hence the thread

I'd say shoot yourself, but I'm not sure you could even hit that.

15 feet away and you missed twice? I’ll but that G19 off you as long as you haven’t stippled it yet.

Watch some youtube videos and take a class/ask for help. It's all about grip, no limp-wristing shit. And practice practice practice.

Don't flinch, don't anticipate recoil.
When pulling the trigger, move your index finger only and nothing else.
Don't jerk the trigger and release immediately. Pull, slowly release and feel the reset, then pull again. Work on getting faster after you get the trigger pull down.

just shoot more. watch some technique videos on youtube. I highly recommend taking a basic pistol course, practicing for a few months and then taking a little bit higher level course. lots of ranges offer these kinds of things. no shame in being bad, everyone starts somewhere.

Do you have Parkinson's.

Work on your breathing and trigger squeeze technique. Also, stop being a faggot and hit them gym for upper body strength.

Don't ride a mechanical bull at the range.

>5 yards today

Stop

Don't do anything.

Set the target at 25 yards, at least 25 yards. 5 yards will never save you at this rate.

here's what you should do.

1. get some proper instruction from someone that knows what they're doing. Preferably professional training. If that's not available, just ask someone that looks trustworthy help you get started in the shooting sport.

if, for whatever reason, that is not possible do the following.

2. The reason why I think you're missing (but really impossible to know for sure if I can't monitor you) is a combination of jerking the trigger (bad trigger control) and flinching (recoil anticipation). The fact that you've acknowledged that your shooting skill suck and that you're willing to do something about it is already great! Keep dry fire practising I would say (but the danger here is that your fundamentals are all screwed up, and it is bad to practise them incorrectly. Unlearning something bad is sometimes worse and more difficult than learning something correctly from the first time).

3. When you go shooting, load about five rounds in a mag. Chamber a round and take the mag out. Shoot one and then "shoot" the second round as if your gun was really loaded. during this dry fire practise you can see how bad you flinch/jerk the trigger/or other mistakes you make.

4. get a .22 pistol to learn the fundamentals of shooting. All costs considered, it will be much cheaper than doing the same thing with a glock 19. Immediately trying to shoot a G19 without proper knowledge of the shooting fundamentals is like trying to run before you know how to walk. Learn how to walk (learn the fundamentals using a .22LR pistol or revolver), then how to run.

now git the fuc/k/ out!

I hate that no guns k/ommandos preach dry fire as the magic bullet. Dry fire is very useful only AFTER you can CALL your FUCKING SHOT.

Right now you need fundamentals like said. Professional instruction would be good. If you're going to self teach, forget the .22 and get an airgun. The beeman p17 is your best bang for buck right now. If you can't shoot that at its max accuracy you won't do better with a real gun. A big plus here you can practice in your own home. And practice regularly. Once you've put 2 tins of pellets downrange then then try your real gun again. And see if you've gotten better.

don't listen to this idiot nogunz faggot: set it close as you you need to get good groups. when you do, move it out a little. if your groups start to suck, move it back closer. repeat as necessary

You switch it if lefty so work on being more American

What are you doing for dry fire, mate?

>shooting a glock at "at 25 yards"

no gun detected

I do it every six months for quals. it can be done. but learning, like op, put it at whatever range you can hit at and go from there
I don't care one bit, I don't look down on anyone learning. good for them.

What do you want to tell us, in austria we win championships in precision shooting with Glock 17L/34.

I had a similar problem before. I had too much of my finger on the trigger. The first joint was on the trigger. I pulled my finger back so that the center of my finger pad was on the trigger. Shots went to the center with that little adjustment to my technique. With too much finger on the trigger, it would push the pistol away from my shooting hand.

If it's that bad, then I would probably agree with the guy who recommends you start with an airgun and just keep practicing with that until you can hit your targets.
I could probably shoot better with my eyes closed, no joke. Were you even aiming? Do you know how to aim?

>no follow through
Wait we're supposed to shart when we pull the trigger?

ok but what, are you magdumping as fast as possible or are you taking your time to aim between shots

because if you're magdumping, it's still bad but excusable
if you're taking your time, I think you might have parkinson's

OP, I haven't read all of this thread, but take a look at this. I was naturally a good pistol shot starting out, but it's still helped me improve a lot. I'm not amazing, but I can keep the rounds in the dot at 7 yards if I've been keeping up on my practice lately. Off-hand is pretty difficult.

pistol-training.com/drills/dot-torture
pistol-training.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/dot-torture-target.pdf

Also, consider a DA/SA like a Beretta 92fs. Glocks aren't particularly mechanically inaccurate or anything, but they have a bad stock trigger and funky ergonomics that don't work for everybody. DA/SA might be your thing without you even knowing it yet.

Attached: dot-torture-target.png (309x400, 50K)

OP here answering some questions

i was mostly taking my time with shots. i was using way more of my finger than i previously have, since that seemed to work better while dry firing. previous trips to the range i was using the center of the pad of my finger, this time i was resting it on the first knuckle. i've heard that both are the "correct" way, so who knows. there seemed to be much less movement of the front sight with dry fire this way. i was also using a different grip, i flipped which hand was resting on top of the other, can't remember which

lol.
I guess you have to start from somewhere.
Just go buy a case of ammo and practice.
I'm assuming you're a new shooter and still have that flinch.
For most new shooters 90% of their flinch is noise. Try doubling up on ear pros, electronic ontop of earplugs. Add some gloves if you have to. First and foremost you need to make that flinch go away.

Also, in case the instructions weren't clear enough, you start close and work your way further back within your ability, it'll help you tighten things up. You could literally shoot this at half a yard if you really had to.

How are you focusing on the sights? It sounds like you have some kind of weird issue with that. Which of your eyes is dominant? Which is your primary hand while gripping the pistol? Are you keeping both eyes open or closing one? Are you focusing on your front sight post or the target or some other weird shit?

These guys have good advice.

using your knuckle to shoot is definitely not the way to go. Check some youtube vids on proper trigger control. Seems like your hand positioning could also use some work.

In general, work on you fundamentals! watch some youtube vids or get proper training. Use a .22LR or air pistol like said before:

OP here again. thanks for all of the input everyone
left handed, left eye dominant (tested this again today to be sure). alternated between closing right eye and keeping both eyes open. uhh grip i dunno i've been changing it around trying to find something that works. lining up front sight inside of rear notch (factory sights)

honestly i was so surprised because the difference in my dry firing compared to a few weeks ago had looked promising. i had been able to consistently have straight trigger pulls without any flinching/anticipation. but none of that was reflected by live fire

i'll do some more reading/youtube and probably some paid instruction

anyway, turns out not everyone on Jow Forums is a delta force operator, apologies for shattering the illusion for some of you lol

I really don't think you should get paid instruction yet, see if you can work this out alone before you do that. I've had good success teaching people to shoot in person, and your description of your dry firing practice makes me think that you're having an issue with how you aim rather than with your trigger squeeze or anything like that.

Make sure you're focusing your vision on the front sight post, so it appears clear and crisp. The rear sights and target should look fuzzy in comparison. Line the posts up so the tops are level with each other (it sounds like you're doing this) and pull the trigger extremely slowly while the front sight is bisecting your target. You can try shooting with one eye or both, but pick one and stick to it for a little while so you can tell if it's working well or not.

Don't keep switching up your grip. Make sure you're firing at the same point in your breathing cycle every time (at least while you're working this out).

Do like the other user said and go buy an air pistol so you can shoot at home and figure this all out. If you get it all down pat with the air pistol but it's still a shitshow with your Glock, there might be some sort of defect in the crown of the barrel (which is very unlikely).

Fill your hand!
>then fill your pants

Get a cheap Chinese laser.
Watch it when you dry fire.
If it jumps, you need more practice.