Games that emulate/can emulate having to carry a kit?

A peruse of some forums didn't pull up anything obvious, so I'm wondering if there are more games like STALKER + MISERY that have or can be turned into comfy inventory management not just for weapons and gadgets, but meds and food and the like. The most relevant searches included Ark, Arma, etc but I'm thinking mostly singleplayer.

For example, while not necessarily obvious upfront, Fallout 4 with the right (read: huge number of) mods can turn it into a comfy game where backpacks are needed for gear, most is crafted/bought in limited quantity, and you gotta plan what you want to bring carefully.

Attached: Vsd6JbW.jpg (1600x900, 540K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/results?search_query=dayz standalone patch trailer
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=422132175
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=338988835
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=167274881
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=878714108
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=642457233
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 mod.
Extremely customizable LBE/gear choices. Autism tier.

Not singleplayer, but the correct answer is escape from tarkov.

>have to actually buy/find magazines to use
>have to load them up with bullets
>have to have a chest rig or pockets to store them in if you want to use them quickly
>have the option to do a quick reload, just dropping your current magazine, or a slower one placing it back into your inventory for use later
>lots of gear;
>electronic hearing protection that actually work like in real life, amplifying sounds like footsteps
>chest rigs with different slots for different magazines and other equipment
>plate carriers and other kinds of body armor
>helmets and bulletproof visors
>shitloads of weapon modding
>different backpacks with different capacities
>weapon modding is nearly as in-depth as real life, can add rails, lights, suppressors, lasers both visible and IR; can also change weapon components like rails and handguards, swap stocks, grips, barrels.

Ironically the biggest tragedy is the fact that it is MP. I bought it because it looked absolutely erection inducing and it 100% is (my character actually eats holy shit), but just existing is terms for immediate death/loss of everything and to quote something I read earlier, "it's a job to play, and I already work a wagecuck job."

isometric isn't my cup of tea but the screenshots scream inventory autism, I'll give it a look over.

Well, it's definitely not a casual-friendly game, but you don't have to go full autism on it either. As long as you're gun/gear autistic already, you'll know most of what you need to know. There's something incredibly satisfying about building my AR I own in real life ingame, as a complete 1 to 1 clone. Same optic, an eotech with a magnifier, that actually works right! It flips to the side so you can use it at 1x or magnified!

But the thing is collecting top of the line gear isn't everything. You can work with a basic AK and some scavenged body armor and be good to go if you play it smart.
>but just existing is terms for immediate death/loss of everything
This is true, and I find it adds to the tension. A lot.

But, you can do what is called a Scav (scavenger) run. The game spawns NPCs called scavs. You randomly take one over when you do this, with all their gear. So even if you have a completely empty stash, you can go in with this. And if you make it out alive, you keep all the gear. It's also unique in that NPC scavs remain non-hostile to you, until you kill one.

Anyway, at some point they're planning on doing an open beta. Eventually. I suggest you give it a shot then.

Cataclysm DDA is pretty cool, and the inventory system is getting better. You can holster sidearms and sling long guns and keep magazines in pouches. There is a pretty steep learning curve but once you get the hang of it things get fun. I haven't played much in a few months so I'm sure the latest experimental build is full of new mechanics

>that actually works right! It flips to the side so you can use it at 1x or magnified!
you seep shill from your very pores, nigger
try typing like a human being
>brought up mp game when singleplayer was specifically requested
I like tarkov but I hate you more than I can even put into words.
it's not really isometric, iirc

I did hear about this at some point though I wasn't entirely sure what the gameplay was like, thanks. Open source already sounds good, so I'll give it a shot.

picking it up now, it has a real interesting premise, shame it's $5 more on GOG but I want to actually be able to play it

Oh, hi that one guy who gets butthurt whenever Escape from Tarkov gets mentioned. I see you're still a miserable person.

Its a roguelike, but it was my first experience with that kind of game and I was able to pick it up pretty quick, at least to the point I could survive longer than the first day. Theres some cool looking tile sets, just pick one you like and expect to die a lot. Like, a lot a lot

what are you talking about, its absolutely isometric.

Cataclysm DDA is the ultimate kit game.

this sort of, initially i loved it because of the adrenaline rush of losing all your shit if you die and it was fun but after a while i started to encounter more and more full geared teams of 3+ that just wipe the entire map.

it's still fun but i'd play it much more if it was all solos or i had a few people i could regurarly squad up with, it's an amazing game to play in a group.
if you like open world and actual survival dayz standalone is pretty great, i dont like the zombies and shit but they're more of a nuisance the game is mostly vs other players.
youtube.com/results?search_query=dayz standalone patch trailer
you require food and drink, can get wet cold and sick, pretty extensive medical system. also cannibalism

>Volume is based on how much space you have on your person
>Weight is how much your character can carry
>Have to wear ear plugs or else you get the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE even when shooting suppressed guns above .22 LR
>Mags have to be reloaded with loose rounds
>+P .45 ACP ammo
>7.62x51 M80 NATO or .308 Winchester loaded in SCAR-H 50 round drum mags
All clothing and armor is assorted by layers this is my cheated setup for example, layers exist all over your body including your feet so you can have ankle holsters for pistols or knives over socks, watches or wrist bandoliers on your wrists, holsters and canteens on your legs can be swapped to your left or right leg
INNERMOST layer that's closest to my torso
>Compression Top
>Protoype RM13 Combat Armor
>MBR Vest w/ Ceramic Plate inserts
>Chest rig (holds 4 mags)
>Dump Pouch
>Duster
>Rucksack
>SCAR-H w/ sling
OUTERMOST layer

escape from tarkov ;3

Attached: DadatGraduation.jpg (734x626, 164K)

it has a singleplayer mode ya know......
ya doofuss

Attached: 1562290478280.jpg (800x450, 66K)

why GOG
just get from their website
otherwise youre paying 5$ strictly to GOG

Attached: StarTrekIIKhaaaaaan.jpg (1200x680, 51K)

Kinda sorta not really

cataclysm dda, 7.62 hard life and jagged alliance 2 1.13 all have very autistic inventory management

Throwing my vote in for C:DDA. One of my most played games and since a toaster can run it I can satisfy my innawoods autism anywhere.

90% of JA2 is inventory autism. you'll like it.

Yep, unless you plan on sniping on woods or shoreline EFT is 100% a game you have to play with a group.

Duos can be extremely effective though you don’t need a big squad

New Vegas, tbqh
>inb4 vanilla 80iq purist faggotry

Install mods that:
Gives you backpacks
Gives you /out/door gear
Allows on-person storage selection for your gear
Give all gear realistic weight
Make your carry weight realistic
Makes inventory scrolling not pause time around you
Allows you to drop your backpacks with all your gear in it anywhere
Allows you to purify water sources
Makes dark dark and radiation irradiating so that you can install complimentary mods that...
Allow you to use CBRN gear and NVGs/ Thermals like they're meant to be used

Also install Solid Project, JoOs modern NCR Replacer, NCR Rearmed, Caesar's new regime, Legion with Guns, Dragonskin Tactical Outfits, WotNM/ RSA weapons, STALKER Weapons Pack, WME, Precision Ballistics and Munitions, RTS, XRE Cars & Vertibirds, and J3x Motorcycles

You're welcome. You now have the greatest tacticool rpg ever.

Attached: fat_vs_muscular_butt_comparison_by_rasburton-d8150ar.jpg (1600x969, 206K)

systemshock 2
>ammo types + their effects
>weapon conditions

Was one of the first games to really do this thing WELL

Underrail is a decent game for that, between needing to carry different ammo calibres and types, the different kind of guns (that can support modifications like laser sights) for each calibre as well as all the extra gear you might want to bring: throwing knives; grenades; food (grants temporary stat bonuses); traps; medicines like anti-venom or adrenaline shots; patching kits for armour and repair kits for weapons; lockpicks.

I would advise that the game is however a bit rough and that I personally made my way past certain points of the early game through sheer will, trial and error and excessive amounts of game-rule manipulation. If your character isn't built right, engaging in some fights is a near automatic death sentence the first time round.

Also, be very aware of the fact that a group of humans are one of the hardest things in the early game to beat if you don't have psi.

This may not be the style of game you are looking for, but most older JRPGs had very limited inventory space.

Well, Arma 3 is very good. With some singleplayer mods you can go lonewolf in a war torn island with your inventory full of all the stuff you can imagine. I play with a squad and i'm the medic, and I usually carry:

>Normal bandages
>Elastic bandages
>Quick cloth
>Tourniquets
>Bags 250 to 1000ml of plasma
>Bags 250 to 1000ml of blood
>Epinephrine autoinjectors
>Morphine autoinjectors
>Adenosine
>Bodybag(s)
>Defibrillator
>Surgical kit

And also other mandatory things, like:
>Binoculars, compass, watch, map, earpro, sunglasses... You know the drill

Attached: 107410_screenshots_20190602014135_1.jpg (1360x768, 288K)

Also you have to carry all that in backpacks, affecting the weight. Your soldier will be tired sooner if carrying a lot of weight. The peak arma 3 experience is with mods though. For example, there's this advanced medical menu to treat wounds more realistically than to just "use the medkit".

Oh man, I've done this so many times I've lost count. I made this thread to secretly pull myself away from NV; I picked it up beginning of 2018 and I haven't stopped playing since.
I've seen this before, it looks like it's mediocre in story and such but I *did* request inventory so I'll give it a look over, thanks. A little jank never hurt anyone (cough Gamebryo).
Are there any good SP specific Arma 3 mods that stand out? I've tried getting into Arma before but just playing the game itself was a cliff-face of learning.

>Shoot 3 rounds into AR
>It breaks and you have to repair it
sometimes System Shock 2 can be cool

Some of my favourite SP mods for ara 3 are:
>Lone Survivor
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=422132175
>MCC Sandbox 4
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=338988835
>Dynamic Universal War System
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=167274881
>KP Liberation
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=878714108

All these can be played solo or coop. I recommend you to also check out these item/weapon mods:

>CBA_A3, NIArms All in one, RHSAFRF and RHSUSAF

>Want to do all this
>remember that arma 3 AI is so useless and bad it actually hurts any fun

Oh boy do I have something for you

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=642457233

have they fixed how ai sees perfectly in pitch black?

It's FNV all over again and my body is ready, thanks!

Anything for your ai teammates those are the bigger rarts