Are boots outdated

For the past 100 years soldiers have been wearing boots.
However technology has changed and fights are now often fought in urban environments.

In my modest opinion boots should be replaced by environment resistant sneakers in order to ensure comfort and agility to the operator and enhanced his performance.

Of course different environments should still require boots: soldiers in extreme places like jungles and artic environments should still wear them.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-07-11-39-19-611_com.android.chrome.png (720x1440, 366K)

Other urls found in this thread:

patrolstore.com/Adidas-GSG9-2-Tactical-Boot.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

enjoy your twisted ankle while hauling a man, gear, your fat ass up the stairs.

Have you ever rolled your ankle? It's worse when you're carrying heavy stuff on your person. Boots provide ankle support

The major point of boots is that they protect your ankle r-tard. It's rather easy to roll an ankle if you're carrying 20-50 extra kgs, but good boots prevent that from happening. Also a major concern in urban combat is glass shards or rocks or other shit entering from the top of your shoe and fucking you up. Boots can prevent that as well as you can pull your pant leg over the boot. Sneakers will always have an open ankle area for that shit to happen. Sneakers arent any more comfortable than good boots are and certainly dont increase your endurance. You nigs always think you know better than every single competent military force on the planet

in my modest opinion op LOOOOVES the cock, and has no gag reflex

Attached: op.jpg (635x391, 70K)

The fucking times ive almost rolled an ankle but felt my boot save me...
Rolling an ankle in combat makes you effectively a casualty and a liability. Theres a reason we use boots, also shit entering your shoe is a major concern that boots generally don't have

>he doesn't operate in sandals

Attached: A-Taliban-group.jpg (450x330, 27K)

retard

i sure would love some tactical runners when i'm hauling nearly 40kg of gear across a wet boggy mountain range

look op, im not gonna call you a retard, but you gotta think these things through before you post, ok bud? cool.

Attached: !kekagain.jpg (480x640, 12K)

This, not to mention that the absolute vast majority of boots are both insulated and waterproof, making them a godsend if operating in cold weather or the rain. It's hard to keep water out when it can just come in from the top at your ankle. Literally nothing is worse than long distance hiking in wet shoes.

I need some good shoes -sneakers- with a very resistent outsole for my STALKER missions Jow Forums. Recomend me some plx.

Grow up and stop larping

Adidas are the only brand of shoes allowed for slavaboos

im curious how does the boot help prevent an ankle twist? is it because it goes up above the ankle or something?

That, and its too strong of material to allow you to move your foot those directions, so your foot can really only pivot forward and backwards, and not side to side.

oh. what's the allure of these "tactical" shoes then?

Larpers

i c

>i c
Lurk moar before posting. Your newfag smell is still fresh.

y? this place is kind of a waste of time despite the few bits of good info here and there

They're called trail runners, and as the name implies they're pretty much just for jogging on trails without any real gear.

o

follow up question, why do so many of these PMC operators wear those things?

Just a meme, if you haven't noticed already putting tactical in the name of anything sells for the faggy larpers

Because PMC "operators" are fags and glorified security guards

Yaaay more fucking civilians thinking their opinion of the military matter

So if I were hiking with about twenty to thirty pounds of gear (so, not much, but more than nothing) would i want boots? Or are boots only necessary once you get up to the amount infantry has to lug around?

please ignore everything the retards in this thread are saying. they're all wrong

The more weight you carry, the more force you are placing on that sliding leg. Weight that is placed some inches away from your body weight center.

patrolstore.com/Adidas-GSG9-2-Tactical-Boot.html
adidas for slavshit but also a pretty good boot

Attached: adidas_gsg9_boot.jpg (600x600, 18K)

boots are good, but not the ones we get issued. The issued shit is all fucking garbage work boot stuff, where the only ankle "support" comes from the compression of lacing them up tightly, vs an actual hiking boot which has stiff plastic inserts that physically prevent your ankle from rolling, plus the compression forces. But those would cost more than $10 a pair wholesale so the gov will never adopt them.

But I like boots tho

because they dont actually do ANYTHING.

yeah it's hard to roll your ankle on the walk to and from post lmao never follow contractors advice on literally anything.

Eh. Laced leather boots have been a thing for what, a century? They provide ankle support without involving plastic. I don't doubt the insert plastic is a further strengthening, mind you.

they're work boots. infantry at least deserve to be issued actual hiking boots, considering their whole job is hiking. try on a usmc boot and a lowa zephyr back to back, you'll see what i mean

Can you choose to wear your own boots or do they make you use the shitty ones they give you?

you have options to buy different types, but they all suck and they're all the same style. for the cream corn atleast, it's like 4 or 5 different boots, they all have no ankle support, they all cost well over 100 burgers new, and your choices are
1. heavy
2. way too fucking heavy
3. ok seriously wtf RAT heavy
4. Lightweight but trash boots, "garrison boots" that get destroyed in a few months in the infantry
5. meh boot, most expensive
all absolute trash

im guessing #5 would be your choice?

nah i rocked the "garrison boots", they're the lightest and that's the most important thing for me because i hate running in boots. i prefer lowas or merrells but thats what i get for being an infantrycuck instead of a sofchad

They were pretty popular among light infantry militias in Syria and Iraq because the desert is hot as balls and they didn't have to carry much gear.

Also popular among LARPers.

I'd recommend boots