Best ww2 rifle round?

Best ww2 rifle round?

Attached: 3777dac1fe8fbc95a991d473143b5887.jpg (817x687, 72K)

I love how the Italian one is so wimpy

Wimpy enough to blow JFK's brain open

The 45 ACP cartridge shot out of the m3, m3a1, Thompson smg and the m2 smg. It single handedly was enough for Americans to win back to back world wars in the 1911 and was augmented in these smgs.

Attached: 1542951680119.png (398x599, 251K)

Does 7.5X55 Swiss count?

Attached: gucci.jpg (474x271, 14K)

Fucking rekt

I know the meme but I would honestly kill for a m3a1 grease gun. It’s such an amazing game.

It never fought

6.5x50 Arisaka
6.5 Carcano is a very efficient round.

Attached: 20190109_203615.jpg (4032x2268, 2.32M)

>game
Gun*

none of those
M1 in 6.5 would've been fucking amazing
or .276 pedersen

Attached: ek%207-15-15%20am%20001[1].jpg (640x480, 45K)

I mean, they were all pretty trash, but seeing as how it's the only one still in service maybe 7.62x54r? Either it's good enough to keep using or, (more likely desu) the Russians were being cheap and never really wanted to go through the trouble of replacing it.

They mobilized on the border and shot some shit down, but yeah. Still a nice ass rifle and cartridge. In that case 8MM Mauser because I love snappy big boi cartridge and I can still find surplus ammo for it. My Czech boi shoots pretty damn good at 150 and makes the gong swing.

30-06 2 world wars

6.5x55 no contest
Yes it did serve in the winter war

7mm mauser

7.62x39

A rowdy ass boy from Boston came down to Texas and dem Dallas boys shut him the fuck up

Any one of the 6.5s, or 7x57 (Spain Counts right?).

8mm, and the big 7mms are retarded.

I'd pick one of the Carbine versions in 6.5 and have a nice little handy rifle in a light recoiling cartridge with good power.

It’s a fine round, and modern Russian military and hunting ammo are both quite good. they aren't plinking old soviet surplus.

pederson required lubrication - not great. Still a bit too big vs. what the ord board decided in the 50s (someething like a 6.5 or 6.8 depending on construction). Honestly, Nihon got it right.

Just imagine if they bought an M1 in 6.5 - That'd make my iron the BIG IRON.

6.5x55 if I could have a choice of one round.

Good enough to keep working with updates, and it's still easier to refine manufacturing techniques on an extremely-familiar insanely-thoroughly-tested round by updating tooling and materials over time vs designing some new bullshit. As someone who overengineers everything on accident, I admire the "meh, works for me" mentality of Russians.

7x57 (assuming it saw service in WW2), otherwise my choice would be 6.5x50 Arisaka.

Best answer. Wasn't used used by goy to slaughter each other for the banker's war v2.0.

7,5x55 Swiss

That's what you think

Attached: 1537841316453.jpg (1024x684, 90K)

Definitely the 7.92×107mm DS

Attached: BEE3AA1F-1B9C-4C03-81F1-8D7100EA3279.png (1265x550, 962K)

Why are you like this

Everybody's favorite, the "big SKS" round.

Attached: 14.5x114.jpg (696x500, 34K)

which one of those was fired out of a semi-auto rifle during WW2?

>which one of those was fired out of a semi-auto rifle during WW2?

Each one BUT the greaseball cartridge.

This but regulated 7mm Cartucho para Mauser Tipo S version with the mod cons

>Best ww2 rifle round?
8x57
Just right don't understand why no 302 either but anyway its still 8x57 spitzer

based

I like 6.5x50, but I don't know if its the "best" since Japan dropped it for 7.7x58

>Japan dropped it for 7.7x58
You know Japan lost the war, though? And I'm not saying that was the decision that cost them the war, but can you prove it wasn't? Can anyone?

Mainland Jap lives on isolated islands so small arm didn't make as much of an impact as naval and air superiority, and they lost on both so they naturally lost the war, cartridge's got nothing to do with it.

7.92x33mm

But can you PROVE that the resources freed up by making smaller bullets wouldn't have turned the naval and air wars around? I doubt you can find one scholarly paper on the topic.
So 6.5x50 is still just fine, and quite possibly the best cartridge of the war.

Nigger, historians have deduced that even if the nip got all the oils and material it needed from all of SEA, hit the Pearl Harbour perfectly, didn't fuck up on Midway, they would still lose WW2 because the USA is just too fucking big, a few tons of brass and lead really wouldn't help much, I'm not saying either the 7.7 or the 6.5 is the better caliber, I'm saying that it's irrelevant to the conclusion of the war since by the time American got boots on the ground the war was effectively over, you can have enough gun to give everybody on earth one and enough ammo to feed them and it still won't help turn the tide of war.

The greatest gun of both world wars shot 30-06

Attached: latest-1.jpg (1013x927, 47K)

So you have zero evidence specifically addressing the ammo question?
Thanks for your input, 6.5x50 reigns supreme.

6.5 Swedish. Used against Russia in Finland. By Swedish volunteers who 'forgot' 15,000 guns and ammo/accessories when they left.

The number of 6.5 Swedish rifles that have been made is a state secret in Sweden.

If you have a calibre for civilian use, to also use if you're invaded, that's the way - once one month's production is accounted for and sold, destroy the paperwork.

30-06 was severely underpowered at the time due to the weak m1 garand gas system, 7.62x54r for example was around 2750-2800FPS while 30-06 was about the same despite having much more case capacity.

>6.5x50 Arisaka.
Why that over x55? The Swedish ball was a better loading for one thing.

>ADMIN!!! RDM!!

shooting a Norwegian Krag in 6.5 was honestly the most fun I've ever had with a gun. I can't imagine how satisfying it would have been to be perched up on a mountaintop sniping Germans with one

Take your meds you retarded faggot

Fuddyfive muh man

Attached: de-lisle-3.jpg (1200x387, 43K)

based

That doesn’t sound right

>M1918
Shut up you weak limp wristed faggot

Attached: 1919a6.jpg (486x600, 32K)

Only the Pedersen rifle required waxed cases. The prototype Garands in .276 did not.

If by "better" you mean "more powerful", that's not a good thing. 6.5 Arisaka is already more powerful than needed for realistic rifle combat. Though it's not like a hundred or two fps is enough to matter either way.
Also, 6.5 Arisaka was used in the first Avtomat, so bonus historical interest points for that.

>Best ww2 rifle round?
Ironically the 6.5 Arisaka.

Japan dropped 6.5 because all of their mounted or defensive/AA/aircraft machine guns were 7.7 and it was more logistically sound to have multiple guns use the same caliber as a standard instead of only having the infantry rifleman squad use 6.5. The snipers actually preferred the 6.5 over 7.7.

The only small arms that used the 6.5 within the period at that point was the Type 38 and Type 96, and Italian machined Type 1. They entrusted 7.7mm being more reliable in bringing down aircraft, and that is why the Type 99 has those extended sights.

You know how you strengthen that weak gas system. By milling out the front of the piston.