Need a weapon for self-defence; no guns

...as they're illegal where I live, only obtainable by license. And criminals don't use guns either. Crossbows are license only as well.
So I am mostly left with swords and other melee weapons, as bows aren't very effective self-defence tools.
So... which one should I buy and why? What are good swords effective at close-quarter combat? Assume that attacker has a knife and it's indoors, which would be a common occurrence.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (900x675, 72K)

which country, brazil?bong??

I don't think that's the point of the thread

Get a bow.

it is now

>And criminals don't use guns either.
Probably not Brazil.

Baseball bat

A thick blunt piece of wood.

Clubs are very effective, especially against swords

If you're not allowed to own real self defense tools than you're self defense laws are probably really shitty. So don't even think about defending yourself and construct a strong vault for your expensive stuff and hidey hole for yourself.

>So... which one should I buy and why?
I had this same problem some years ago, after much consideration, these were my choices. Get, in this order:
A tactical tomahawk
Cold Steel Gladius machete
Cold Steel boar spear
A good hunting knife
And you are good to go

Having say that, if you can find guns in the black market, buy them and store them.

Attached: 1407557400568.jpg (365x240, 5K)

Just make one

Attached: 362437486598.jpg (1026x589, 234K)

A large bowie knife?
Navigating the self-defense laws is going to be more important there.

>And criminals don't use guns either
ha! AHAHAHAH! AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No, but if you'd tell us, we could look up your country's laws and come up with ideas based on whatever weapons your country's tyrannical bullshit overlooked.
Or, you know, don't, and the thread can 404.

>And criminals don't use guns either
where the fuck do you live?

on the poland

Attached: number-of-guns-per-capita1-758x758.jpg (758x758, 135K)

aren't there even patriotic militias and para military with guns? not just larping but actually Training with real guns and stuff in poland? Also there should be easy Access to a black market makarov with some ammo for you. In Addition, you poles made diy smgs in ww2 in your sheds, just make a pipe gun or something.

self-defence with illegal weapon is basically guaranteed 8 years of prison time
what's the point?

only if you stick around.
if the nigger/criminal thinks he can jack you and run, you're probably OK to flee the scene too.
I've read about examples of this shit happening in chicago (when guns were illegal) where a nigger tried to rob someone, nigger ended up getting shot. Person defending himself just kept on walking. Shoot-Scoot-Shutup.

don't get caught. what is the live of yourself and your loved ones worth to you? By which law do you live? there is only one law, the god's law. The slave asks himself if his Action is legal, the freeman asks himself if his Action is righteous.

>I'd rather die than get a license
If your life is worth so little to you you should probably just hang yourself.

I assume you carry keys. Lock a heavy padlock to the inside of your key chain and get yourself a short lanyard for it. You now have an improvised flail that can easily Crack skulls.

Get a black powder revolver.

Something one handed and just light enough to be able to swing effectively.
Pic related would be my preferred choice bs machete wielding home invaders if I couldn't just shotgun the mfkers. A bit longer and itd be ideal imo.
If you want extra safety look for bucklers or punch shields. Buckler will cover about halfway up your forearm and when held directly out, extends your punch reach a few inches. Plus it's basically an edged weapon at that point.
If you want to learn how to use these thing effectively look up your local bohurt/hema clubs.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190707-140352_Chrome.jpg (1060x1293, 161K)

Check out Zombie Tools. They're more expensive than the typical poverty machetes, but they're thicker and come with decent sheaths. Still not as expensive as tacticool swords like the ones Gage and others make. They're made of spring steel and they're meant to be used. I have owed three over the years, and they're legit and held up to chopping down trees. Lots of designs, too. If you don't like the acid etch finish they can do satin and polished as well if you ask for it. Your only issue might be shipping. A standard machete and tomahawk will work just fine though.

Attached: 34075996_10157720144882575_2547683649759739904_n.jpg (960x720, 90K)

That's actually good advice. Thanks.

I love the whole aesthetic, but those grips look hella uncomfortable. I get that it's kinda the point (extended SHTF, just rewrap the grip if needed, no wood core required), but there's still a line between aesthetic and usability that those wraps is sitting somewhat uncomfortably in between.

Pepper spray and baton

i think OP is from Poland

buy a felling axe, cheap and durable and one good swing will end a man then and there

>Cutlass thingy
Correct choice.
>Buckler
Also a good idea. Get a bigger one (almost like a normal round shield). If you have a shield, you might forego the hand protection and go for something gladius-like.

>extended SHTF, just rewrap the grip if needed
Take care of your wood grip and it will most certainly last longer than you.

meant

ZT grips are aluminum, which is actually pretty good at absorbing vibration and impact, and the leather is really soft and comfy. What other kind grip would you want? Don't say rubber, because rubber is a shit grip material.

Attached: 54514733_1946467522131303_7200327425509556224_n.jpg (960x720, 51K)

tazer or pepper spray

can't you get a break action shotty or hunting rifle without much hassle? if not get a fucking license it can't be that big of a deal

the fuck is this going to do

Are you asking for a real world answer or like a SHTF/boogaloo event type weapon? For real world self defense/home defense the extendable ASP batons are extremely easy to use, concealable, effective, and pretty cheap. For SHTF swords are bretty cool, I'd go for a US Navy 1917 pattern cutlass, one of the most modern swords created for actual combat.

best answer