I've never understood the obsession ARfags have with twist rates...

I've never understood the obsession ARfags have with twist rates. It's possible to have too slow of a twist rate for long, heavy bullets, but as far as I know, there's no such thing as too fast of a twist rate. I even called Sierra to ask about this. Just buy the fastest twist barrel you can find and quit worrying about all this stuff.

Attached: rifling.jpg (601x360, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shootingtimes.com/editorial/ammunition_st_practicalconsider_200812/100172
ammoland.com/2017/02/ar-15-barrel-twist-rates-you-need-to-know/#axzz5t1M6HadP
pewpewtactical.com/best-ar-15-rifle-twist-rate/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I don't know anything about this topic, so I don't understand it!

makes sense.

Yes, too fast a twist rate IS possible.
It hinders accuracy and damages both the projectiles and the barrels.

I'm sure the engineers at Sierra know a lot more about it than you do.
Prove it.

>What are varmint loads?

5.56 is a small caliber. Every load is a varmint load.

>Guys, I’m ignorant and don’t understand barrel twist. So you are all faggots, because you are smarter than me.

Twisty AR fags.

Peepeepoopoo

Ah, you're one of THOSE guys. Got it.

Please explain what that has to do with twist rates.

>I'm sure the engineers at Sierra know a lot more about it than you do.
>Prove it.

I say the same to you user, prove that Sierra told you to buy the fastest twist rate.

OK. Call them yourself. They'll tell you the same thing they told me.

Burden of proof is on you, user.

Attached: 843.png (500x534, 180K)

Yeah

>Prove it.
>First, let's look at truths about what overly fast rifling twists can do:
>1. Varmint bullets with thin jackets can literally rip apart in flight if the twist rate is too fast.
>2. The effects of a flaw within the bullet are magnified and groups open.
>3. The bullet "goes to sleep" farther from the muzzle.
Read the rest here
>shootingtimes.com/editorial/ammunition_st_practicalconsider_200812/100172

Can you point at something official on their online resources? I really don't to go thru phone wait hell to answer a soso question.

and for your amusement
ammoland.com/2017/02/ar-15-barrel-twist-rates-you-need-to-know/#axzz5t1M6HadP

go get a 1:1 twist and let me know how it fares, faggot.

>7mm Shooting Times Westerner often shoots similar group sizes at both 100 and 200 yards. At 100 yards, the bullet still has a little wobble that is not quite damped by the spin.
Whoever wrote this clearly does not understand physics. Bullets, like all objects, move in straight lines until they are pushed off course by an outside force. This is Newton's 1st law. If a group of two or more bullets fired from the same muzzle position diverges at 100 yards, they will continue to diverge out to 200 yards and beyond. The spin can prevent them from wandering off course, but it does not bring them back to the point of aim after they already have.

Those don't exist.

>Can you point at something official on their online resources? I really don't to go thru phone wait hell to answer a soso question.
Unfortunately not. That is why I had to call in the first place.

Correct, but you didn't talk to an engineer at Sierra, you talked to a returns desk clerk faggot.

You may be right.

I think they're referring to fleet yaw and how bullets are not fully stabilized out of the muzzle

How would one account for spin drift with a significantly higher twist?

I'll stick with my 1:7.

1:7 is a very fast twist, probably the fastest you will find in a production barrel.

think of a bullet like a football, it has relatively the same density all the way around, it will have a negligible amount of wobble if it thrown properly, now tape a d cell battery to one side, even if it is thrown correctly it will wobble and deviate because the off balanced weight is throwing off its rotation. Bullets can do the same thing, another analogy would be of a cars drive shaft, they are balanced at the factory so that the rotational mass is equal throughout keeping it from vibrating itself apart, if you weld a bead on one side you throw it out of balance and it begins to vibrate. Moral of the story is bullets are not consistent, if you spin it to quickly it can pull itself apart from its rotational mass being out of balance, the “engineer” who said twist rates don’t matter needs to find another job.

Bullets do wobble if they do not have perfect concentricity, but that fact alone does not prove that there is such as thing as "over-stabilization."

pewpewtactical.com/best-ar-15-rifle-twist-rate/
Do 15 minutes of reading instead of posting a shitty thread about something you don't know, faggot.

Of you speed up the rotation of an object with an unbalance rotational mass it amplifies the amount vibration. It’s not about “over stabilizing” it’s about the fact that if you spin something fast enough it can fly apart or cause other problems. The problem you’re having is you’re not understanding that twist rate and bullet mass attribute to stabilization, but they can also affect how well it’s stabilized, that rotational force is transmitted into the barrel cause “harmonics” if you have to high of a twist rate and the bullet isn’t balanced it can have a negative affect on barrel harmonics causing groups to open, it’s not all about the projectile

ARlets on SUICIDE WATCH. These are problems REAL RIFLES don't have! Imagine being so weak, so EFFETE, that you rely on a VARMINT CARBINE for home defense!

"Oh papa, 5.56 is too much for my skinny trap arms!"
"Not to worry my dear son-er, daughter, for I respect your pronouns! Take this .223 so that my precious girl won't cry!"

This is EVERY ARFAG! Compromising endlessly and going "n-no it's just FUN autism!" with your ugly black polymer TOYS that weigh less than my THROBBING COCK! Never ONCE have I worried about twist rates as I slaughter bears, sasquatch, and buffalo with my mighty 7.62x54 rounds, which are BARELY ENOUGH for me!

HA HA HA HA HA!

Attached: Dagothwave.jpg (1440x2560, 364K)

Nice bait faggot

Sage

2/10 only giving you points for good spelling.

Imagine seething this hard at such blatant shitposting (even when it's true). The AR platform is for:

I. Soldiers who have to carry so much other gear it literally deforms their spine so every pound matters and actual carbine effectiveness doesn't matter much because "lul dig in and wait for CAS" is modern US doctrine.
II. Old boomers who are out of shape but will never admit it
III. Scrawny, effemininate "bois".

This. You notice whenever you go to the range and some flaming queer is shooting at a target barely five yards away with a spread of about a foot, taking selfies all the while, he's always using an AR-15. Now I can make exceptions for a very heavily customized, gucci AR, because that's just buying in hard to the "muh aftermarket" meme to get a very customized rifle (and at that point 5.56 is an optional caliber), but basic bitch ARs are a sign of homosexuality.

Solomente 1:12

Attached: 1540332938882.jpg (2251x1395, 882K)

>muh US doctrine depends on CAS
>What is MOUT? What is mechanized infantry? What is SWAT/LE?

Boomers hate ARs, dipshit. If they need a lighter rifle, you'll see them carrying an M1 carbine over any AR.

Ah, no logic in your trolling, okay.

Literally everything you said is wrong, holy shit. Post your arm, faggot.

Get fucked, faggot. Go troll somewhere else, retard.

>some flaming queer is shooting at a target barely five yards away with a spread of about a foot, taking selfies all the while, he's always using an AR-15
could it be because it's the rifle with the biggest supply chain in America?

Found the "qt trap" who has to wear a surgical mask to hide his Adam Lanza face and Adam's Apple.

There are more .22s, they are cheaper, and normies don't know the difference. No, the AR is a direct cause of faggotry. Drinking from too many plastic bottles causes you to become feminine, this is known...well, what do you think happens when you only shoot a cheap plastic rifle? Artificial estrogen floods your system and your pecs turn into tits.

I prefer poo poo pee pee

>as far as I know, there's no such thing as too fast of a twist rate
>Those don't exist.

Attached: 20190705_202158.jpg (550x413, 104K)