If you're not using a fully enclosed red dot system with years of battery life and NOD compatibility...

If you're not using a fully enclosed red dot system with years of battery life and NOD compatibility, are you really a prepared gun owner?

>Inb4 my rmr that I can't throw into a puddle to clean

Attached: 98ade76d002e8da3a1b0cce948afcfa7.jpg (738x548, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jagerwerks.com
m.youtube.com/watch?v=eDpL35xfPFY
youtube.com/watch?v=shdhVPc3Ivg
pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?37003-Acro-battery-life-thread
instagram.com/p/BzGR8bxn9QF/?igshid=xu1gdqatjomq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Iron sights have infinite battery life.

>It's shit if I put it in a very particular, very unlikely situation, discarded!
It's fine, even the one on pic, which is a type 1. Just get what you want for your needs.

Attached: IMG_20190420_122253688.jpg (4032x3024, 2.21M)

Fudd detected. Pistol optics are the future. Learn to adapt to technological advancements and innovations, you fucking boomer.

K

If i'm a terrible shot with a pistol + irons, shouldn't I train on irons before moving to red dot sights

Attached: 1557521827491.png (657x527, 41K)

>t. A 70 something year old man struggling with Alzheimer's Disease and in denial that better guns exist besides 1911s and M1 Garands.

Attached: Windmill Brain.png (364x481, 157K)

Yes
You may want to check if you're cross eye dominant, I am so it took some practice

You can train however you want. Most of pistol shooting is trigger and muzzle discipline regardless of what optic or irons you are using. Yes, you'll be able to hit things further out with a 1 MOA dot than with irons just due to the amount of a target being obstructed by irons vs the dot, but you won't hit shit if you don't train to not jerk the gun while you fire.

Each has its own "difficulty" involved, which may or may not actually be difficult for you depending on your stability in your hands, wrists, and your eyes ability to focus
>irons
Find dots, line up dots, keep them lined up, fire.
>red dot
Find dot, dot on target, keep it there, fire.

An advantage of moving to a dot sooner is that you would be able to start training your eyes to acquire the dot more quickly sooner than if you waited and you intend to primarily shoot with a dot.

To add a little more, I think it's pretty well established at this point that you don't need to train irons with a rifle or anything else before moving on to a dot. Not saying that you shouldn't, but it won't hinder your use of the dot instead.

>preparing with a pistol
>not having a rifle with an optic and light
You'll die to a 28 cent bullet before you can fire your 19 cent bullet.

Attached: mailbox.jpg (720x531, 59K)

Red dots give better feedback. Many competition shooters in a irons-only division will use red dots during practice to break through plateaus.

What if it’s raining

For target shooting or hunting or whatever sure, but I wouldn't want something to potentially get caught on a shirt/belt/whatever for an edc until optics get to the point you can have something like pic related that's 100% flush with the gun.

Attached: vs optics=the best optics.jpg (1920x1080, 283K)

Considering the average engagement distance with handguns, I'd rather spend my money on extra magazines and some high grade gun grub.

Attached: 1556201523148.png (510x596, 467K)

do these dummerfags here even aim, like ever?

Cant use red dots due to astigmatism in both eyes, have not spent the time researching alternative. I'm fine with irons until then.

We need a smaller format for handgun optics, not larger. Aimpoint is behind the curve.

Fortunately we have Sig who's about to release a new standard footprint for P365-size guns. Yup, optics on CC guns will be the new normal but Aimpoint won't be a part of it.

Attached: sig-romeo-zero.jpg (698x610, 77K)

get corrective surgery or glasses

I just bought a Holosun 407C (Dot only)

Fuckin Stoked Jow Forumsomrades

The acro is marginally larger in length and smaller in every other regard to traditional rmrs

>
>The acro is marginally larger in length and smaller in every other regard to traditional rmrs

For my money it's the Trijicon fiber sights.

I can't think of a time (outside of the range) where I'd want the added bulk of that sighting system on a pistol, but couldn't/wouldn't bring a long gun.
It might suit others, but I don't think it suits me. If I want to carry concealed it's a pain in the rear. If I want to carry open, defend my home, or defend a vehicle I'm bringing an AR.

It's never gotten in the emitter when it's happened. COULD it happen? Sure, but it would have to be pouring to the point where you shouldn't be outside in the first place. The chance of that ONE errant drop disrupting your emitter is super low.

Since we're on the topic does anybody know a good shop that'll do custom optic cuts?

I've got a gen 1 PPQ that I wouldn't mind having an optic on but Walther's factory optic cut slide doesn't allow for co-witnessing the irons and in general the optic sits too tall. Am I just SOL?

what dot would Jow Forums recommend on a 1911?

i have the aac one that came with raised sights for a suppressor, so it seems perfect for a dot

You could probably contact any machine shop to have it done if Google isn't turning anything up. You would have to ask about finishing options once the metal is milled to keep it from rusting, but that'd be about it. Any shop that isn't complete garbage should be able to take a slide, an optic, the optic mounting hardware, and mill it accordingly.

My experience with working with general machine shops is that they want you to spoon feed them to the point that you might as well write the G-code for them. I was kinda hoping someone might know of a shop that knows better than to cut into the striker channel, that sort of stuff.

The fact that there's a chance at all ought to justify the acro

Local gun ranges will sometimes have in house gunsmiths otherwise I recommend jagerwerks.com

>years of battery life
So not the ACRO then...

Easily pushed into many more years if not always on, and the most easily replaceable battery of red dot systems not requiring re-zeroing

Attached: Screenshot_20190707-190219.png (2048x1138, 1.45M)

Those estimates are also at the highest power position which is ridiculous to shoot with unless you're living in a desert

if you tell them to do it its your fault. if they do it and shits breaks 15yrs later its their fault even if you signed off on it. Its just typical cya contractor behavior. If you game theory it out it makes total sense.

There's a justification for it. These fags are just making a massive deal out of it. If you feel like a drop of rain can knock out your $400+ optic, then by all means spend the cash on the $600+ optic.

And single shot rifles never jam.

or, you know, you could just use the iron sight that are already installed, are less likely to break, can't run out of battery, and are perfectly fine to shoot at 50m. pistol sights are a way to cash in on retards believing they can compensate lack of training with mallninja tier equipment

>laughs in Holosun

-four reticle pattern options
-three reticle color options
-housing material options including titanium
-solar freaking optics
-devastating battery life
-fully sealed options available
-doesn't use snowflake unobtanium batteries
-has auto on and auto off in the year 2019 when Aimpoint and Trijicon cannot manage to do it
Will Aimpoint ever recover? Is Trijicon finished?

Attached: hololul.jpg (1224x916, 178K)

The fuck are you talking about?
RMR’s waterproof up to 65 feet deep

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eDpL35xfPFY

So how is hospice care going? Did you remember to take your medication this morning?

Fnx45 plate when?

Sig has yet to release an RDS that's worth a damn. I wouldn't hold your breath for anything special.

Die fuckin VS scum fuck you you goddamn cunt holy shit invisible nigger get fuckin raped I hate you so much AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1519038088066.jpg (750x750, 38K)

>but i only buy american not chinese shit
>slaps overpriced rmr on his G L O C K

>auto on/off
Why. The battery already has over a decade of life. Why create a feature with the potential to fail and render the optic useless, when you're not going to have to worry about the battery for a decade anyway?

It's a fucking pistol, why the fuck do you need an optic for a pistol? Tactitard dildos

>need
SHALLLLLLLL

Laser > Optic for SD. Optic doesn't help you when you're getting charged by a junkie and only have enough time to draw and shoot from the hip.

Attached: frickin-laser-beams-5a72a4.jpg (600x400, 33K)

>not being proficient in point shooting
your laser isn't going to help you either.

>Buying any red dots from Sig
>Literally shatters into pieces with one drop
youtube.com/watch?v=shdhVPc3Ivg
Tell me, what is it like to be a literal knuckle-dragging retard?

>Becoming dependent on a fucking laser to improve accuracy.
No thanks. Hard pass.

Attached: 1549259542823.png (432x768, 495K)

>Optic doesn't help you when you're getting charged by a junkie and only have enough time to draw and shoot from the hip.
And you wont have time to find the fucking laser dot, either retard. Only retards who have never tried to use them think that it makes a super bright obvious dot they'll instantly see the moment they draw.

A handgun is supposed to be either a defensive or ceremonial weapon, why would you put that much time and money into it?

>Handgun
>Ceremonial weapon
The amount of retards in this thread is astounding.

Attached: Actual Ceremonial Guns.jpg (2569x1857, 2.79M)

Because neither of those purposes are appropriate things to cheap out on.

>not being proficient in point shooting

Well, we can close the thread on this one, you don't need irons, optics, or lasers if you can point shoot it seems.

>And you wont have time to find the fucking laser dot, either retard. Only retards who have never tried to use them think that it makes a super bright obvious dot they'll instantly see the moment they draw.

You can when you don't buy shitty ones. I can see every green laser I own on a sunny cloudless day.

>NOD compatibility
>Handgun
Is it possible to larp harder than this?

>not using NODS with your OHWS to recce the AO
not gonna make it

Ceremonial or a symbol of rank given to officers.

Wew lad that's actually impressive as ballz

LMFAO nobody can think of a good counter to this post

zoomers have absolutely ruined Jow Forums

This

And yet every fucking production handgun today has irons

Attached: low-quality-bait-fuck-you-cuck-mods-4224189.png (500x566, 68K)

Nobody is arguing against the importance of cowitness sights. They're essential.

Attached: Screenshot_20190707-223538~2.png (1027x1498, 1.79M)

Attached: 1509074717644.jpg (704x756, 80K)

Shame about the ugly tryhard serrations.

Attached: 60681924_1070695616452711_8626797631249604407_n.jpg (640x640, 60K)

Attached: 41BF892D-BC87-478B-846B-93ED8D2349A4.jpg (1296x1588, 246K)

>Those estimates are also at the highest power position
Those estimates are at setting 6, out of 10 total.

learn to point shoot in complete darkness looser. Can you react to a sound and point at it? Good. ~You will find a well fitted revolver points better than your lump of shit and is easier to use in the dark

Yeh, you right

Attached: ElmerFudd.gif (220x323, 26K)

socom disagrees with you

No they don't. Tango 6t isn't a red dot, retard.

The Romeo that comes with some of the legion models is no good?

>what is the romeo 4T
man you're quick on the "retard" for a retard

>what is the romeo 4T
Another chinkshit optic from "sig", which is not used by SOCOM. Did you mix up the FBI and SOCOM user?

made in the US actually & the FBI one is the 4M

>made in US
No, it's not.
>FBI 4m
Both are approved for use. That doesn't change the fact that SOCOM uses neither.

I'm TR my friend. (Unless you're NC).

VS has the best optics though.
>muh no bullet drop isn't an advantage
>muh best optics in the game
>muh infinite fucking ammo guns
>muh Blueshifts (And by extension ZOE apologists)
>muh Magrider is fine
fuk da VS

Attached: VS.jpg (220x369, 13K)

But they look like pansies in purple pjs, based TR friend

I was TR seven years ago, and I'm TR now. Fuck VS. Grabbed that one battle rifle that has like 8 rounds and a 2X red dot, completely changed the game for me.

Remember training > gear

TR since 2003. Loyalty Until Death.

Attached: terran republic.jpg (1500x2400, 1.53M)

Attached: See-All-Open-Sight.jpg (665x470, 62K)

>If you're not using a fully enclosed red dot system with years of battery life and NOD compatibility, are you really a prepared gun owner?
>he doesn’t know

pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?37003-Acro-battery-life-thread
instagram.com/p/BzGR8bxn9QF/?igshid=xu1gdqatjomq

But what the fuck do I know, I’ve only carried an RMR for 10 months, shot +7,000rds through two of them, only had one instance of the emitter splashing out on me during heavy rain which I was still able to hit an 8 inch circle at 7,10 and 15 yards no problem
>what is occluded eye shooting
>what is indexing

Enjoy your shitty untested optic bud
Nothing wrong with starting off using a red dot. Provided you understand that it won’t MAKE you a better shooter but it will help you become one. The retards spouting the “hurr master irons first” don’t know shit and are fudd luddites.

It would be smart to spend $400 on a professionally taught pistol course with the rest of the money on ammo coupled with correct deliberate dryfire. You don’t have to have a red dot in order to shoot well but it does help.

Attached: 2698CBA9-C867-41A6-9561-301AEC00877D.png (346x307, 227K)

I think the ACRO P1 would look fucking sick mounted on an AK trunnion

>pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?37003-Acro-battery-life-thread
Boy howdy I guess ACRO owners should really be glad the battery compartment is readily accessible because it sounds like they'll be popping it open every month...

I love my seeall sights, except they're not great for when you're in a dark area looking at a bright area. Got one on my 10/22 and on my ar pistol

>pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?37003-Acro-battery-life-thread

Attached: 1489809471946.jpg (327x316, 18K)