Jow Forums videogames

What are yalls playing?

Picked up steel division 2 on release and its been a joy. Army general mode is just the right medicine for my autism.

Attached: awga354ga35.png (1210x784, 1.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=193&v=-VYhX53jA6A
youtube.com/watch?v=0kVzGPeFLRg
pcgamestorrents.com/games-list-pc-torrent-download-free.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also been playing Hunter: call of the wild.

Which is like crack. But also has the best wilderness graphics of any game ever made

I cant decide if i have to save up for new gear or just fill my hunting lodge with hunted animals.

Attached: 20190626235434_1.jpg (1280x1024, 238K)

also just bought this.

I opened it and it was loud shitty music and alot of windows 95 dropdown menus and i got scared and quit

Attached: ae5yahayha.png (1072x521, 740K)

Fuggit, I’ll bite.

Just bought World in conflict on GOG and it’s an immensely in-depth tactical experience that’s very high quality.

Also picked up Act of War just for shiggles and it’s essentially a love letter to CnC Generals.

Tried to use the FCAM mod on the original Farcry and it won’t launch blyat.

I like Destiny, The Division, CoD WW2, R6S and Overwatch. Lately Ive been getting into Fortnite. I know what youre thinking but its as good as people say.

Give the original Combat MIssion games a go.

Shockingly fucking comprehensive

>Rifle to mg
>50mm mortars to Naval gunfire
>Barbed wire to trenches
>Battalions attacking hills
>Sprawling massive armor battles
>Every single thing you'd expect to see on WWII battlefield.

Get them on good old games for a few bucks.

Don't buy the latest overpriced combat mission shit. I cannot fucking figure out how they made the game WORSE by making it 1:1 scale and improving the graphics but they did - largely by failing to accurately simulate at 1:1 scale.

if you like world in conflict you will like steel division and all the other eugen wargames. its basically the same thing just without the badass story

I'm thinking about buying this.
I loved Red Dragon and ALB, but the first Steel Division somehow just wasn't fun so I've got about 2 hours in it.
What's the Jow Forumsommando view on the second?

Attached: UTADhc6.jpg (846x757, 53K)

Oh I have the Wargame series and enjoy them in all their autistic detail.

>Destiny, Cod WW2, Overwatch

You must be 18 or older to post on this board.

its good. the army general mode is super fucking cool and will likely change the series for the better.

I never played the first steel division so i have no idea why people didnt like it.

but it feels like wargame to me coming from like 100 hrs of red dragon

looks like its on sale rn on steam, worth picking up?

yes get the 2019 version imo.

the DLC really fills out the game.

cmano really requires a level of knowledge that i simply don't have and quite frankly have no real desire to learn
i enjoy reading other people's reports though

i dunno, i expected steel division to be wargame: ww2 which it certainly didn't feel like it, at least to me
i'll probably just wait for steel division 2 to go on discount before trying it, i really didn't like steel division

only major difference is you cant build your decks with mismatched units. So you cant load up your soviet deck with americans and british units.

Its based on divisions now.

other than that its literally wargame

This is pretty much exactly how I felt. Steel Division 1 just didn't feel very wargamey - I wasn't sure if it was the pace or that WWII just naturally is a bit slower than TOWs and F-14s.

Attached: Delta-Force-Black-Hawk-Down-Setup-Download-For-Free.jpg (779x1000, 422K)

Hell Let Loose has been fun. I don't know why anyone would play COD:WW2 or BFV unless they were confined to a console.

Attached: 509a5561-d1af-47ef-87f2-d4c8f6fb8942_HellLetLoose.jpg (1920x1080, 485K)

I have a shitty old 4:3 monitor so i cant play these games unless the guns have a zoom on them.

Post scriptum and this are likely super fun but i cant hit or see shit

This game is just squad in ww2 and I love it. It puts post scriptum to shame.

i hated the phase system

stop being broke then

nah im not buying a new monitor until 4k gits gud

just in the last 6 months 4k monitors have got the refresh needed and they are still 1000+ bucks

I will continue to wait with my meme monitor

How can you afford guns but not a new monitor? you aren't a noguns are you user?

phase system in steel division 2 is different from what i heard. You get to choose what you take into each phase. If you want tigers in phase one you can do it but you cant take as many as you can in phase 3.

Its actually really cool.

Far cry 2 and stalker call of chernobyl.

And katamari damacy.

I've been replaying the Ace Combat games (2-7). No matter how many times I beat them they never get boring.

Attached: BIpgftM.png (1922x906, 3.74M)

>he thinks im hasguns

haha

Attached: 1561768430173.png (251x398, 95K)

>Directing my squad while using a Sherman for cover and fire support. Talking with the tank commander and gunner while calling out targets under fire. Man this game is great.

eh the other complaint about steel division 1 is just a lack of variety
the wargames had a massive variety of units, even if loads of them were completely worthless, steel division is much more limited
i get they were trying for a realistic option but honestly being able to do ridiculous shit with wargame's armory like recreating the falklands or iran v iraq or all these other countries' that aren't represented in game
steel division in comparison is pretty limited

I like what they did. Its set in a specific point in time and the units reflect that.

If steel division 1 had launched with the new army general mode I think people would "get it" more.

There is also nothing stopping eugen from releasing a wargame : ww2 with all the units from these games. That is unless this flops because wargame snobs dont buy it and they go under or move on to a different type of game.

bump

What do you survivalists of Jow Forums think of this game?

Attached: 503A752B-31CD-4D3C-8E10-145BF8DE7CEF.jpg (220x315, 16K)

baased

just wished they made a sequel with non shit graphics

You'll either like it or hate it. If you hate it mods might fix it, but probably not. Seems to be my experience with it and showing others.

based, all the games have infinite replayability just from their kinoness alone (except ass horizon)

Attached: air to air bombing.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

bump

SD2 is much more like WargameEE/ALB/RD than SD:N1944

The developer learned their lesson to not deviate from something that works.

>Steel Division 2
Imagine paying full price for a DLC lmao

Based brainlet poster

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

imagine

Attached: q35yq35yqq46u7j.png (268x150, 73K)

>for a DLC
Of Wargame Red Dragon?

Cause it sure as hell isn't a Normandy'44 DLC.

he is being gayfag

Warframe, because theres something cathartic about mowing down a line of enemy whatevers with a Supra

Great game. I kinda like the stylized graphics. I think a cool sequel could be something in rural Arizona Onnareservation Innadesert. "The Long Dry". Heat, sunburn, and finding water would be the biggest issues. Coyotes instead of wolves. Smaller, but they could be more pack-oriented.

Attached: 51ST52MBFJL.jpg (500x375, 43K)

>it’s an immensely in-depth tactical experience

WiC is fun but it's baby tier.

Attached: offend.png (1920x1080, 1.4M)

My video card is dying and I can't afford to replace it, so I've been playing nothing but browser games.

You're in for a treat with WIC

Act of war plus WIC, your in for a some kino

Fallout 4 is hardly Jow Forums, but I've been trying to mod it to play more like STALKER. Unfortunately, WARS not being released makes that difficult. I guess I can deal with my mixmatch of mods in the meantime.

Nothing. I'm a grown man.

So I take it Jow Forums would recommend grabbing this during the current sale?
It seems like it's one of those games where half the fun is dying of absolutely retarded circumstances and making "such is life in the zone" greentexts before you git gud and find out where all the good stuff is, which I personally love.

Isn't WIC multiplayer dead, the modern weapons mods were fucking kino, especially when the SAM sites would throw up a billion indicators.
t. own the collectors edition with a chunk of checkpoint charlie that came in the box

Yes yes, we're all so very impressed that you spend your free time painting model cars or whatever incredibly boring fiddlefaddle it is you do.

So hows the story mode by the way?
The main thing that pulls me out of a game is if I feel like I'm not actually going anywhere in it, I crave a general sense of progression or goal to work towards, and unfortunately the survival mode in this game seems to be exactly that.

Attached: 214123431241.jpg (770x541, 47K)

>So hows the story mode by the way?
I hope you like le strong empowered women.

the darkest dungeon

MISERY 2.2.1

Call of Duty Black Ops 1's singleplayer campaign is probably the most Jow Forums post Modern-Warfare COD has ever been.

Ass
Do the challenges, those are great

Attached: bait.jpg (600x600, 18K)

>hunting mammals
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=193&v=-VYhX53jA6A

Attached: 1562377465982.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Fields of Glory

youtube.com/watch?v=0kVzGPeFLRg

I reinstall Arma3 after ragequitting try doing a CW2 units, why is the entire game such a mess.
Any good SP scenario for vietnam/iraq syria conflict?

ive been playing alot of arma and ghost recon wildlands lately, they’re two different animals, but i like them

its kinda fucked up calling it a game. it relies completely on the scenario editor.

amazing game. im kinda proud i played it for weeks without dying a single time

The problem with newer CM games is that they kept the abstract grid-based movement system but have less-abstracted buildings. Makes urban combat a massive pain in the ass when everyone bunches up at one window or stands in the open instead of leaning around corners. The newest patch actually introduced the corner stuff but it works very sporadically.

Yes, it's fantastic.

is it more playable than squad?

Attached: 1556012575151.jpg (500x312, 25K)

Tried to play two matches yesterday, and while I love the game as well as the Wargame series, I often get overwhelmed by having to manage so many forces at once. Knowing most of the keyboard shortcuts helps, but a rule, I stay away from multiplayer until I reach at least an average skill level in order to not be a drag on my team.

Have they fixed any of the issues from Steel Division 1? Is 2 really worth buying or just a cashgrab? It seems like the first one just came out and I never even knew a second one was being made. Seems more like it'd be time for a DLC, rather than a brand new game.

>I cant decide if i have to save up for new gear
The starting rifle is pretty decent well into the game so long as you pick your shots wisely, so don't be in a rush to upgrade it. Get the 12 gauge with slugs if you want a bit more punch with versatility.

I owned but never played the first due to real life getting in the way, so I can't really answer that. I do know that if you own the first game you get the history pass DLC included for free in the second. Additionally, I haven't played enough to talk about balance, though some stats on certain guns seem a little suspect. For instance there's this one aircraft with a 30mm canon that I'm pretty sure was known for inaccuracy in real life seeing as when it was fired the entire airframe shook, yet in the game it's like a point and shoot laser beam of death.

PUBG for a competitive shooter and EFT for fucking with gun parts & builds

Attached: 1562435195932.jpg (1920x2160, 227K)

so what are some cool Jow Forums games for singleplayer?
besides R63/SWAT/OG Ghost Recon

I still argue Zero had the best presentation. A documentary style cutscene that changes with how you play. Also fleshes out more of strangereal world.
Shit was kino.

No I’m a decent level and have a 7mm I’m talking all the lures and scents and sights for guns

Whats wrong with post scriptum?

Fallout 4 is terrible, only thing involving that game to look forward to is fallout 4 new vegas

> C&C Generals Zero Hour with Rise of the Reds mod

Playing as USA, capturing some oil and bombing enemy base using B2 and F22 while special forces in HMMWV is destroying enemy supply center

Absolutely based game
( there is even suicide bomber unit for terrorist faction )

(((belkans)))

Does anyone here enjoy any of the total war games?

Operation Flashpoint CWC with Resistance DLC

Good story
Graphics are not too good but there are many mods which improve models

>been playing Bloodborne almost exclusively for a year
Send help

I've been enjoying first Rome Total War for a while
But without any dlc ( Barbarian Invasion is especially boring )

HLL is great so far. The only con I'd say so far is the overwhelming chaos on the US servers.
>Lots of people without mics
>(Sometimes) no communication whatsoever
>Reluctance for folks to take commander roles
>Getting shot in the ass by friendlies because they haven't turned up the player tag view distance
>Fucking pajeet commanders mushmouthing orders and dropping arty on their own team

There's still a ton of new players learning but it's shaping up to be a fantastic game. I will say I've had the least fun on the US servers just because they treat the game like a TDM and outright ignore playing the objectives or argue about team killing. The UK servers seem to play better solely because they understand you'll get steamrolled without proper communication.

Yes. It's a lot less complicated imo. Not as many keybindings to memorize but driving the tanks is a lot more difficult I think.

You are welcome

doorkickers is fucking fantastic if you like the planning aspect of rainbow6. its not an fps though.

for fans of hardcore police action games there is a new rainbow 6/swat competitor coming out that i found on steam. Looks incredible.

have not seen anybody talk about.

1/4 images.

I think Jow Forums Will like this.

Attached: a35ya34yq46u.png (1089x722, 470K)

Yeah my nigga. Currently buttfucking gaul as macedon in Rome 2

2/4

Attached: 35yq54yq5y.png (680x569, 265K)

3/4

Attached: 546uw467ui8i.png (677x575, 273K)

4/4

game looks sick as fuck. Like swat 4 on crack and what rainbow 6 should be.

Attached: 46uw5ujxfshah.png (700x589, 242K)

Right now it’s Fallout 2 for me when I got the time

is this IGG tier vietnamese malware?