Ideal Camo

What types of camo are ideal for the biomes of the continental US (specifically Pacific Northwest)

Attached: Flecktarn.jpg (220x220, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-QQWLaCH4Hw
sportsmansguide.com/product/index/german-police-surplus-gore-tex-jacket-new?a=2150975
youtube.com/watch?v=qyxAw47C2dI&list=PL3khfSiedNsg0jWLjaxxU0beGSCzZJbAa&index=73
youtu.be/wY0nAYOFiXs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Multicam, or any woodland pattern, unless you're in a desert.

Multicam and MARPAT are very safe bets.

Leibermuster because I'm r a d i c a l

Multicam
Kryptek Highlander
Marpat

youtu.be/-QQWLaCH4Hw

Get MARPAT because the other two are always far too expansive for what they are.

i just wish kryptek didnt look so autismal up close

ASAT, RealTree, Mossy Oak, MARPAT, Penncott GREENZONE.

find what camo turkey hunters use in your area, and use that.

Any camo recommendations for NorCal, anons?

Attached: 1483095599712.jpg (1020x575, 104K)

ASAT works nearly everywhere.

ask your local fudds what they use. those old farts have some good fuddcamo recommendations sometime. plus you look less "tacticool threatening" with fudd camo.

>ASAT
Effective, but good lord that's ugly. Any alternatives?

Attached: 1511745904581.jpg (2576x1932, 1.53M)

its tribal fudd. it blends into nearly everything. its freaky as fuck to see someone just walk out of the woods like they were invisible.

remember this lads, if a camo will trick a turkeys eyes, it will trick a mans eyes 10x as hard. those little bastards have some damn good eyesight.

>not posting rhodesian brushstroke
>is this amateur hour??

Attached: 754A41CE-27E5-4F78-8CCB-CE5696C4EFBA.jpg (2671x1382, 913K)

Attached: 59297CA1-B392-4E2C-B965-1D0FFC8E4027.jpg (2671x1383, 984K)

>suggesting kryptek
>ever
other than that, way better map than previous ones.

Cheap milsurp woodland bdu's are all that you need. I've never seen a set of pants and shirt go for more than $20 us in local stores.

Attached: 20190707_200005.jpg (4032x3024, 3.2M)

Does anyone have the Jow Forumsamo tier list?

Summer: M81 Woodland for majority of the U.S.
Winter: Multicam for majority of the U.S.
Desert peeps can use a desert camo or multicam year-round.

Attached: sovietafgh.jpg (736x558, 81K)

US army patterns are actually designed for the US. The companies that design them do it in the US with American woodlands, or deserts as their reference.

For example choco chip camo was designed and tested in the deserts of southern California, with pictures of the prototypes of the soldiers showing how well it worked in California, even though its purpose was going to be for soldiers fighting in the Middle East.

Like-wise, German flecktarn is for the forests of German, while Japanese flecktarn is more for the forests of Japan. Though I understand, the US is a huge and pretty diverse area.

Good shit user.
Saved

Multimeme tropic

Attached: multicam tropic.png (1600x1440, 649K)

spoken like a true desertfag

I dunno if I agree with that for my part of the country. NorCal/southern Oregon may look green from the air, but what color are the three trunks? And the pine needles? And the dry grass? And damn near everything else unless you're on a river bank? Various shades of tan.

I'm mulling over making a hunting smock in plain old coyote tan to see how it works.

his multicam video made it look bad

I find Alpenflage hard to believe for any climate

All my gear is multicam but I have marpat woodlands to rock in the summer. Even being a Marine I prefer multicam. Marpat kinda blobs out at distance

Gray

Attached: American-Civil-War-Confederate-uniforms-antique-print.jpg (1333x1912, 551K)

Desert fag here, whats the best?

Butternut

>Confederfags

So what's good camo for southern skansin?

Gray and butternut will both work, but cadet gray is the best.

honestly multicam works great in chaparral, idk how desert you really are but consider that 6 color choc chip was developed in the deserts of New Mexico

norcalfag here id just go with multimeme desu. most of the forests id use it in are brown or tan ground with brown bark everywhere, greens up top. desert or high desert im gonna want pretty much desert multimeme no woodland like shit
even with muh infrared i cant stand digital patterns. they just don’t blend well ever

Much appreciated user!

>didnt even win the war

Attached: 1552930453033.png (443x402, 314K)

Tuscaloosa gray.

A - TACS FG

Unironically Realtree or other hunting camos tailored to the terrain in your area.

wz 93

Would it be generally acceptable to wear a parka like pic related (or the nwu iii version) as a civilian for cold weather attire? Just with jeans or something, not full camo. I just dont want to pay 500 for a goretex jacket if I can wear one for 80

Attached: NWU-Type-1-Navy-Parka-Working-Jacket-Goretex.jpg (332x400, 64K)

You'll be fine brah. Blueberries look like fashion camo to begin with.

desu that was my main reason for choosing them along with the price. those and UCP goretex stuff are crazy cheap, problem with UCP is that it's UCP, kek

Just spray paint stripes of OD green or some shade of brown. If you look closely at AOR2, it’s pretty much UCP with one of its colors replaced with a shade of brown. Somehow, it adds depth to it and functions well.

Not interested in it being a functional camo - I'm mainly interested in whether it's "socially acceptable" to wear just a parka in AOR1 or whatever in public. I have a short haircut and am relatively fit and don't want to be accosted by some tryhard screeching about regs and stolen valor

It's fine, but you could also buy link related or something if you want a gore-tex parka

sportsmansguide.com/product/index/german-police-surplus-gore-tex-jacket-new?a=2150975

I had Wz 93 uniform and I can say it's good for autumn and maybe early spring
But it's absolutely too dark for summer

I'd disagree. If you're cocking around anywhere with forest, you'll need a lot of green. Central valley and napa/sonoma tho, definitely lean towards tan
>t. contra costa

bumping for more camos

Attached: 142842-004-361B0655.jpg (299x450, 23K)

I'm assuming you're in the American southwest. multicam works great here because our biome is exactly like the middle east: arid to semi-arid.

A lot of the forests here in California don’t have as much shrubbery as you’re thinking they do user. Depending on where you’re at, you’re going to want your camo to mimic the color of most of the ground which is gonna be a lot of brown and tan, along with bark which is also brown. A little green is good but you don’t want a jungle camo

Choco and desert DPM

Use rit dye on UCP bro. The outcomes are pretty cash once you finish up

Pencott greenzone

do you think green rit dye on multicam would wind up like multicam tropic? I'm 95% sold on trying it with some multi I have lying around just to see

I'm thinking apple green rit dye so it's not too dark

I wear my stupid blue one all the time. Great rain jacket. Probably used it 8 times in six years in the navy

Stole this from here a few weeks ago. This is green apple rit on ucp looks pretty sweet.

Attached: 1559872979520m.jpg (1024x730, 235K)

Attached: Dyed USAF Tigerstripe.jpg (2000x1011, 1.61M)

it does. Multicam is a bit darker than UCP to start with too, so I'm thinking I might get a decent jungle pattern
regular multimeme is too tan for my area

Just wear OD you spaz

Best camo for central europe?

I was referring more to the viability of flecktarn here. It works fine in my neck of the woods

Arguably Rhodesian (now Zimbabwe) brushstroke. Marines saw it's potential when testing MARPAT. With that being said, nobody actually has any brushstroke printed in numbers. So, probably good old woodland. Next best would be the woodland MARPAT.

if you want cheap shit:
>Flecktarn
>Woodland
>Greek Lizard
>DPM
>MTP
>UCP dyed green apple
if you want top of the line shit:
>Multicam
>Multicam Tropic
>SS Leto
>German WW2 Oakleaf (known as "Partizan M" on newer Russian-made suits)
>Berezka and KLMK
>Rhodesian Brushstroke

Not mil, but true timber strata works great for my part of Appalachia

Attached: 1005_DSC_3184.jpg (2048x1365, 1.89M)

black mc, only move at night

marpat is somewhat cheap i just hate the fact that it's a marine exclusive pattern

Flecktarn is BASED for Texas. It really does fit a good chunk of central and north Texas.

Cadpat is literally designed for the lush parts of the pacific northwest. It's unreal how well it works

Anyone ever dyed strichtarn before?Didn't find anything after spending 30 seconds on google.

Depends. I’m in Arizona but I’m around a ton of dark brush and green brush. Multicam is decent. Tropetarn is god tier though.

>Kryptek Altitude
What the fuck, they've made another one? There were like 10 already. Its Mandrake, its literally Mandrake. At least Atacs changed the pattern when they replaced FG with FG-X, this is just repackaging the same thing.

Mexican Jungle

Attached: IMG_20190629_014155~2.jpg (2490x3233, 2.27M)

Where can you even buy Mexican camo? I have never seen it for sale, I looked quite a lot a while back too

Dyed it how? It's already pretty dark

>Texas Gulf Coast
>Multimeme tropic
>not GameGuard
>not Bushlan
okay

Mexican law actually prohibits the sale of it's military clothing hence why you really can't find anything. But generally the easiest way to find it for sale is from former soldiers in Mexico. Assuming you live in the United States you will pretty much find it only from collectors or people who are based in Mexico and sell it to you at an extreme markup.

For anyone who cares, I found some AOR1 desert camo cheap a while back and experimented dying it with Rit Dye and came up with a pretty decent "evening" pattern that outperforms MC Black in the darkness

If anyone has interest, tonight I'll take some pics of it and MC Black side by side for a comparison

youtube.com/watch?v=qyxAw47C2dI&list=PL3khfSiedNsg0jWLjaxxU0beGSCzZJbAa&index=73

>he doesn't wear Belgian Jigsaw

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1280x720, 97K)

Am interested

CONCAMO

Attached: 1548935493995.jpg (1095x730, 273K)

youtu.be/wY0nAYOFiXs

That's pretty interesting. Wonder how it would do in a more spring setting.