The big one

Seems the "big one" could be happening soon even though it could happen at any time the more earthquakes we have the more real it seems it could happen. Any cali fags on here? how prepped are you for the chaos that will ensue?

Attached: california-haz.jpg (720x540, 344K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Madrid_Seismic_Zone
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_weather_events_of_535–536
youtu.be/-Xic5LfFNVc
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasatch_Fault
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_subduction_zone
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Cali quakes
You're not in danger of megathrust quakes at least.
t. Oregun

Attached: Juan_de_fuca_plate.png (536x652, 46K)

lmao true. Feel like Oregon could get it's shit back together a lot fast than Cali. Realistically i wonder how long it would take to establish order and get the situation back under control and what the plan is.

Wa fag here, let the habbening habben.

I'm ready for it. Let it happen.

>20+ million people without power for like 3+ weeks

haha this would be so fucking funny.

Another WA fag here
I try convincing people on my campus about gun rights, then a mass shooting happens a week later and everyone stops listening to me.

>hipsters jumping from roofs because Instagram is down
>vegan fuckers dying in droves from a lack of almond milk and kale after 1 week

Im completely ok with this

That happens in LA practically every time it gets hot. The absolute state of the power grid here can’t support everyone turning on their AC at the same time.

>how prepped are you for the chaos that will ensue?
My family only has like two or three weeks worth of stockpiled food, water, and other supplies- hopefully I get time to improve that situation. We've got our gas valve wrench near the main valve, so there's that. Dealing with rioters and other human threats in the ensuing chaos is of course a serious concern- very few prepare for earthquakes at all, they plan to murder and loot like animals as far as I can tell. Or maybe they think it won't happen someday. I didn't get to buy mags during freedom week, I'm waiting to see what happens with that stay.
Until a bunch of them flee the state because they saw the other cockroaches take some lead bug spray to the face. Then they'll decide they actually want to go live in your state.

>last nuclear power plant to be decommissioned in 2025
Truly the absolute state of that state.

The big one already happened in Ridgecrest. 7.1 is nothing to scoff at. Had the epicenter been within 15 or so miles of Downtown LA instead of bumfuck nowhere you’d be looking at 9/11 tier death tolls.

It was a relatively large earthquake, but some of our fault lines can certainly do better than that.

shut up fuckers, at least you don't live in the Midwest waiting for the true Big One to hit where there is absolutely no buildings/utility's that will survive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Madrid_Seismic_Zone

The Big One happens More red states turn blue as the idiots leave their ruined shithole.

>lead bug spray
Chuckled.
Honestly I have no solid contingency plans for a PNW megaquake, not sure whether I'd hold the fort or make like a tree and head for central OR.

Attached: quokka.png (668x623, 876K)

>live in Ky
Welcome to fuck, but at least I'm outside the ashlands and don't have to worry about instant immolation when Yellowstone blows.

Yellowstone is what i'm truly afraid of in all this that no one really seems to talk about.

I don't think anyone wants to really think about the fact that they live within the blast radius of a live nuke on an unknowable countdown timer

Why not sabotage calis power in order to cull the herd? I feel like california would be incredibly easy to plunge into chaos, and it would only turn out good for everyone who matters

yellowstone would only be bad if you were a few states away from it.

it would be the worst natural disaster in modern history sure. But it would not "end the country" or whatever

anybody in the ash cloud would die of suffocation and it would only reach out to the plains states.

East coast and west coast would be fine.

biggest problem would be food and we could import it.

Por que no los dos?

i'm in SoCal unfortunately but i would be safe relatively from Yellowstone seeing roughly 2 IN of ash. However that combined with a say 9.0 quake California would be on it's own for god knows how long. I'd be stuck here cause god knows i'm not headed east towards Yellowstone. Suppose i could get on a boat and head west or just ride it all out and stay put.

On the bright side when it happens and if you live you can officially stalk in the zone for loot and volcano artifacts.

Attached: 1543879284260.png (604x453, 485K)

>volcano artifacts
My favorite.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

T. Geologist

>biggest problem would be food
Correct.
>and we could import it.
Incorrect. We feed the world, not the other way around, and guess where the majority of our crops are grown? The Midwest. Then you have the issues caused by the ash going into the atmosphere. The ash would blot out the sun for at least a decade. You would see snowfall in Miami in June. It would quite literally start a new dark age and possibly a new ice age.

Check these articles out to understand how bad it would be:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_weather_events_of_535–536

Realize also that it would be much, much worse than these.

People often as well forget about the amount of food California produces.

Honestly this isn't a bad idea. Those guys that shot up a transformer station a while back proved it wasn't hard to cause a major disruption.

>thinking this doesn't happen every time a Category 5 hurricane hits the East Coast

The power lines and related infrastructure sabotages itself by setting itself on fire, because Edison uses the maintenance budget for hookers and blow. That's what started that wildfire last year that killed 85 people.

>Learn to swim
youtu.be/-Xic5LfFNVc

Attached: 1491993634573.png (475x476, 278K)

So then when is 20-ish Jow Forums death cult peeps going for a road trip to shoot up every single large transformer station coolant tank?

During the next heat wave would be perfect in my opinion.

Also in my opinion none of you should do this; you think school shootings are bad for the 2A arguments, just think how bad it would be if a whole state went dark because of bullet tossers.

As I said, it sabotages itself sometimes during fire season, and it causes wildfires. All we gotta do to watch mayhem ensue is absolutely nothing.

Why not post your badge while you're at it

It's what caused the massive power outage in 2003, a branch on a line a couple towns away because the power company is too cheap.

Ha.
I have a Petro-Can points card, would that work?

Not enough obviously, San Francisco still has street filth.

No agent, your badge

Pretty sure they'll all be dead.

Right? It may kill me but I'll take comfort in knowing Seattle with be liquefied too.

This shit scares a lot of people up here in WA way more than it should
I've had plenty of "user when the big on hits we're coming to your place cause youre self sufficient hand have guns" Mind you these are true blue Seattle fags who would die fairly quickly when the espresso machines stop working for a few days and emergency services are no where to be seen and/or your house being looted is low priority.

The short version of it is everyone west of the cascades is not prepared for it IF it happens. the very specter of it possibly happening however has scared a few Seattle types maybe re-think their reliance on Police and supermarkets.

>we cant import food

china could supply the united states with enough rice to feed us for 10 years. you have no clue what you are talking about. The world is a large place. We dont "feed the world" thats a stupid fucking meme.

>muh global winter

no. A localized cold from the ash cloud no different than the oil fire clouds of kuwait.

I have looked at the worst case meme hollywood scenarios and the actually realistic outlooks of what would happen

A asteroid strike of moderate size would be far more devastating globally. A suprevolcano is simply a volcano that is very big. Its effects are localized no different than normal volcanos.

The east coast and west coast would be fine. The plains states would be fucked. And we could import the food after we lose capability to grow a majority of it.

It would be worse than the great depression but the idea it would be apocolyptic is fucking stupid.

I'll be praying to Satan that it happens. hope it washes all that degeneracy away into the ocean.

Attached: 1553913541265.jpg (1455x2048, 280K)

Doubtful that many people would live in Middle United States.

We don't have the infrastructure to support them , but we can survive on our own even if they starve.

Based tool poster

Just imagine user, you could buy hookers for the price of a can of spam. Keep prepping, stay low key, never show your power level

The Dakotas have to be the best state to live in. If yellow stone goes up, it doesn't really matter where you life because the countries food supply is gone.

Wtf are you on about? I live right in the middle of the big orange splotch toward the bottom of your pic. Whatever takes you out gets us too. According to the geology department at HSU, we’re overdue for a 9.something shake that’s going to reshape the west coast from Seattle to SF.

Haven't we been due for hundreds of years, and then we'll probably be overdue for at least one hundred more?

Likely not, I'm not a geologist but I do remember that every year you are over due for a catastrophe, the likely hood of it increases dramatically.

san andreas fault cannot produce 9.0s

They say the worst case scenario for the LA/SF area is high 7 maybe an 8.

which would kill thousands and semi-permenantly fuck up power and internet for months.

it would be the worst natural disaster in the history of the country. But not much worse than something like katrina.

it would be a joke compared to the japan quake and tsunami

>Haha when things go bad we're gonna come to your place and provide no tangible skills whatsoever
People like this I stop talking to. This is the most annoying behavior, and these people will rat you out for 1 meal on the 3rd day after you turn them away.
I only discuss preparedness with a few people that I know would be useful in the event there came a need. Anyone else is just bad security.

time to blow the roads than I guess.

>china could supply the united states with enough rice to feed us for 10 years.

Attached: A530EC3E-2519-41D5-942A-4F21EE6C3340.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>san andreas fault cannot produce 9.0s
The area I was referring to is the intersection of the Punta Gorda, North American, and Explorer plates. The Juan De Fuca plate is in there, too. The Cascadia Subduction Zone can generate the fuck out of a 9.

Utahfag here. You guys don't know shit.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasatch_Fault

infosec

insofec

Ive told a bunch of them when they gave me the whole "zombie apocalypse" scenario i'd just end up shooting them anyway because they're dumbasses for trying to get to me in the first place and would've been infected by the time they'd reach my door
They appreciated the mercy.
But in the more likely scenario of the "big one" or societly collapse ive told them it isnt that easy to just up and go to me. Then starts an education discussion about bug-in vs bug-out. There are for sure people in my life who do not know the extent of my prep, but that doesnt mean you cant let a little out in the name of educating people who may be receptive to it. And remember i am talking about run of the mill Seattle hipsters and tech-industry dweebs. They are far from ready for this kind of thing and although they may be morons, they are my friends and i would prefer they not suffer

LA gets its water from the Central Arizona Project canals. Dam those and the entire population of LA will have to flee north.

CA fag reporting,

The issue here is that these quakes are not natural but man made. Both epic centers happened under the China Lake naval weapons testing facility just outside of Ridgecrest. The reason they happened there is because of a new weapon DARPA has been testing code-named EASTWIND. This east-wind device has the ability to create earthquakes and from the looks of things, it just passed its test fire phase.

well now......

Attached: 1561955383733.jpg (598x337, 28K)

The difference is people evacuate before that and most people who stay are prepared. Almost no one in fucking LA is going to have water and food stockpiled for an emergency.

There needs to be a few more test firings in that case

>he fell for the tushonka meme
Newfag

When the big one hits California the rest of America will cheer.
Fuck California

When the big one hits, everything east of I-15 breaks off and slides into the Atlantic.

Me right next to the Explorer Plate

Can confirm. I was stationed in Alameda when the Loma Prieta quake hit, all manner of shit fell down. The section of the Nimitz freeway that collapsed would have been bumper to bumper traffic at that time of day, except a lot of people had taken off early to watch game 3 of the World Series between Oakland and SF. That alone kept the death toll out of the 4 digit range.

>3+ weeks
lol that is optimisitc

Sweet. Based plate tectonics.

This isn't even remotely close to a Jow Forums thread.

Also hilarious to watch dumbshits talk about earthquakes even though they know absolutely nothing about them.

Nigger, it's not 1999. Massive brownouts and blackouts haven't been a regular summer thing for decades.

And the capacity of that single, very outdated plant has already been more than replaced by solar and batteries.

Deformation Front not a clue?

I was contrasting it to the San Andreas Fault, given that strike-slip faults cannot generate the magnitude of quakes subduction zones are capable of. Naturally your NorCalis will be affected.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Attached: dabbc174-893a-45de-a5ed-05a2faa9bafb.jpg (720x1440, 93K)

Attached: cascadia-earthquake-frequency.jpg (665x305, 62K)

Attached: Zogy.png (596x596, 211K)

I am totally in favor of the complete annihilation of Commifornia but, anything less than that will just suck. Billions in taxpayers money will be sent to help them rebuilt their shit state. If only Commifornia could completely physically detach itself from the US, Nevada would have a coast. That sounds kind of neat.

I dont know why you're being deliberately retarded, but the US is the lead agricultural exporter, followed by Germany.

USA is:
#1 corn
#1 sorghum (namely animal feed but can be eaten as a grain or distilled)
#4 wheat
#4 onion
#2 cauliflower
#2 broccoli
#2 spinach
#1 basedbean
#5 potato
#4 carrot and turnips
#5 squash/gourd
#5 sugarcane
#4 safflower (vegetable oil)
#3 pear
#3 grape
#4 orange
#4 peach
#2 apple
#2 raspberry, strawberry
#1 blueberry
#2 cherry
#3 tomato
#1 cow milk (#2 all types of milk, behind India)
#4 wine
#2 beer
#2 beef, chicken, AND pork
#1 turkey
#1 almond
#3 hazelnut
#2 pistachio
#3 walnut
#2 Egg
#4 tobacco

So, if the US agricultural output dropped, you'd see at best a global spike in cost for
>milk, pork, cow, chicken meats, eggs, onions and corn, animal feed
>cotton, wool, sawn wood, and paper, of which the US is a top 3 producer of each
>drastic shift in the produce market

China makes a lot of food, true. But it literally eats most of it. Hence why Germany is #2 exporter per world atlas. Supermarket bills would probably double, easily.

>Oregonfags and their megathrust meme
Seriously its once in a million years supervolcano tier.

Attached: 1559858323280.jpg (2048x1536, 579K)

Friendly reminder that the New Madrid fault only shakes when the california fault swallows a burp and shits their pants (very unlikely)

Brainlet
See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_subduction_zone

Attached: patrick bait.png (308x308, 128K)

>talk about earthquakes even though they know absolutely nothing about them.
Ok, here’s everything you need to know.
>there’s a hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica.
>this hole lets in too much gravity.
>too much gravity makes the Teutonic plates grind together (illiterate fucks often misspell it as tectonic plates. Ignore them, they ignant).
>Teutonic plate grinding causes earthquakes AND...
>plates grinding together create heat from friction.

Global warming is a byproduct of earthquakes. When people talk about human caused global warming, they’re talking about all the hairspray that ate a hole in the ozone layer in the first place. Women were a mistake.

>I didn't get to buy mags during freedom week,
Just get some from Nevada and say you lost the recipes. What are they gonna do?

>#4 producer of onions
huh, who would have thought

>this hole lets in too much gravity.

Attached: 1554080666647.gif (436x359, 3.14M)

>tfw you live in the kill-zone
I mostly just try not to think about it.

Attached: yellowstone-ash-1.0.jpg (1950x1507, 1.53M)

My middle school sat right on it. If you laid on the gym floor you could see it.

Califag here, so much edgy posters itt. Where do you idiots think Califugees will go when the quake happens? Protip, you're going to see rivers of moving cars going to YOUR state. So you better pray it never happens otherwise we will come and we will ruin your state. That's a guarantee not a threat. Just calling it like it is.

watch me shut down the southern oregon border with wildfires

>San Francisco still has street filth.
They'll collapse without power you dirty glownigger.
Go away CIA.

Except that last summer Los Angeles had multiple blackouts due to extremely minor infrastructure damage, several lasting multiple days. (Before you "Boo-hoo" me, it's not that big of a deal for anyone on /k obviously, but it's unnecessary and still sucks to have to trash your fridge contents).

The grid blows here and is tapped over-capacity, and there's zero administrative interest in adding more. Quite the opposite, in fact; they just launched a new Los Angeles Climate Change Council that will find new and improved ways to replace proven power generation with croney Green nonsense.

There are literally ads on the radio about how you should expect service to be cut off if it gets too hot.

>Do you hate president Cheeto?
>Do you hate America?
>Do you want to live among like minded individuals?
This is your chance to get cheap property on the west coast!!
Bunk beds will be half off! Hurry now and get your spot in paradise!

They won't go anywhere because they will be dead.

> Tests earthquake making device
> Tests it on self

Yea, our conspiracy theory government that faked the moon landing and uses lizard people to scout Mars is totally this retarded.

Attached: 1560376396246.gif (1200x1052, 136K)