Unfriendly Gun Store Stories

>Me and some friends want to go shoot on a Sunday
>Our outdoor range we normally go to is closed on Sundays because muh Sundays are for prayer
>Head over to the local indoor range
>Walk in and the Fudds behind the counter both put their hands on their fucking 1911s or XDs as they stare us down
>We're three normal looking white guys, early 20s, not wearing anything weird, our guns are stored properly in cases, everything should be normal
>The Fudds treat us like we're about to open fire or something, one of them tactically walks around the counter and kind of stands in a ready position like he's about to draw on us
>The Fudds continue to act bizarrely, one of them talks to us in a hostile tone while the other just stares at us with his hand on his holster, one Fudd is practically on oxygen he's so old
>At this point we're nearly cracking up, the Fudds just get angrier, after a minute of pretending like we're looking around we leave without shooting, Fudds continue to stare wide eyed
>Luagh hysterically as soon as we get in the car, nobody knows what is going on or why this happened
Has anyone else experienced something like this, it was totally bizarre, nothing we did or nothing about our appearance should warrant this sort of response. I have experienced unfriendly and hostile gun store employees before but this was off the charts.

Attached: old-man-funny-pics-1.jpg (600x331, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirate_of_Sicily
royalrangeusa.com/art
royalrangeusa.com/philip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

weird.
Worst gun store interaction I had was going to sportsman's warehouse and trying to convince some pimple faced faggot behind the counter that there was indeed such a thing as a sig 227.
Every time I go to that store they're so supremely unhelpful and busy doing fuck all but talking to each other it's amazing I ever go back.

I overheard the gun guy behind the counter at academy explain why one AR was labeled as 30+1 and another was paved as 30. He spend a couple minutes reading the tag and then said It’s beacuse one holds 31 rounds and the other holds 30.

My LGS had Glock day this weekend, so I went to check it out. They had a tech/rep from Glock spouting shit about how "ya know ya shouldn't do your own work, you gotta send it in to a pro like me" and how you should only use stock parts in a Glock, the handguns with one of the biggest aftermarket support in the industry.
At least I got a 34 for $100 off

My LGS is super for service and information. Always order and deliver below list and below any big box stores.

The worst experience I've had is just being ignored in a big gun/pawn shop but a couple of retarded black clerks. One was convinced I was "eyeing that Mossberg pretty hard" when I picked it up and opened the action once. I asked if they had any left-handed holsters and all I got in response was "heheh, good luck with that."

>go to hunting store
>ask for 9mm
>old retard starts panicking like im there to rob him
>opens big fucking metal door
>there is like 6 bullets in an ashtray
>doesnt even give me a bag or something gotta carry the ammo in my jackets pocketd

>be me
>known by acquantances as "gun guy"
>have a reasonable set of knowledge, but its mostly about modern sporting rifles/autoloading rifles and milsurp from the early to mid 20th century. Handgat knowledge is limited to what I own (CZ75B, G19, 92FS) and some random research.
>get a call from a guy I havent talked too since highschool, wants to hang out
>sure, I have nothing else to do
>we meet up, he wants to drive to cabellas
>fine, whatever. I have gas to burn.
>we get there, he starts poking around at the handguns and I go over to the rack of used stuff
>comes up to me a few mins later and says "so I have a felony, but I want a handgun"
>WTF nigger
>tell him in no uncertain terms I wont strawpurchase him one
>somehow accidentally let slip that he can buy a blackpowder if he wants
>he asks the employee what they have
>gets brought over to the counter and handed some 44 caliber black powder revolver
>he keeps asking me things about it
>I dont know shit about black powder, just tell him its a PITA to load and he needs black powder, wads, oil, and balls
>he runs all over the store trying to find shit and harrassing random employees
>im trying as best I can to hide and pretend I dont know him, but I drove him there so I cant just leave
>he ends up finding what he needs and heads up to the checkout counter and I follow him up
>the clerk asks him what he is going to do with it
>starts talking about hunting animals in a national park where you cant legally shoot guns or hunt
>I try to explain to him basic gun law, state law, firearm safety,
>he keeps saying stupid shit like shooting at trees is fine
>the cashier has the biggest look of concern on his face
>I cant do anything to stop this
>the cashier cant do anything to stop this
>he packs up his shit and I drive him back to his house
>"so bro, when do you want to go try this baby out?"
>maybe next weekend
>drive home
>block number
>sit in silence knowing what I have done

>so I have a felony, but I want a handgun
What tf did he do?

should've left that POS at the store

Youre on a list

Felony assault, he explained it to me "guy deserved it". Deadly weapon was not a firearm, he claims, but a baseball bat.
Yes. You are correct. Probably wouldnt have changed the outcome but I probably could have washed my hands if the moral burden.

>had my eye on an antique webly at my lgs
>finally saved up 2k for the mint ric one they have
>about to buy it
>boomer customer says "whoah kiddo why waste money and that hunk of junk"
>tell him i want something pistol sized and cool
>he loudly starts yawning while saying if i want something pistol sized then a mares leg is what i need
>he says its the best format on the market
>Almost in tears at this point with the entire store laughing at me
>reluctantly buy the mares leg but forgot to get my $800 in change back
>cry all the way home cause i dont have a webly only this stupid lever pistol

>I went to a fag store and got a fag response

Cool.

Probably b8 but you should shoot yourself with that mare's leg retard

Attached: 1506069015028.jpg (1280x720, 215K)

>be me
>in a town far away from home
>see a store labeled "GUNS & ANTIQUES"
>decide to check it out
>go inside
>guy at front desk looks up and immediately scowls
>"Hey, you that guy that was yelling at my daughter the other day??"
>um.. no, I live in ______
>".... alright then, have a look around"
>browse for like 30 seconds and leave

Attached: 1554238218591m.jpg (685x1024, 143K)

I had a similar experience at an indoor range. Me and my buddy are sicilian by blood both born and raised in the us tho. Wanted to rent a few pistols to see which one i would be comfortable conceal carrying after i get my permit. Guy thought we were arabs. Just seems really angry he has to talk to us. Walked out ended up getting a 327 lcr later that month. Pic semi related

Attached: 1558560487191.jpg (952x960, 199K)

I had a very similar experience except I was on a fucking paper route and I was 12
>putting paper on guys porch
>guy walks out
>"you the one thats been hitting on my daughter?"
>"sir I dont even know who youre daughter is"
>well alright then, i got my eye on you"

made me kek

Report him to the poleas

My father is an Egyptian immigrant and I live in Mississippi, every gunstore/range I've been to boomers start giving me the eye and getting ready for me to jihad them. I just want to shoot guns, is that too much to ask?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirate_of_Sicily

Attached: 1455573845604.jpg (900x803, 745K)

I just find it funny that he was so mad about it. I have a thick southern accent because of where i was raised but i don't think it convinced him of me being an ingroup.

My wife is like half Sicilian or some shit and has blonde hair, green eyes, and skin as white as snow. She lied to me for the first two years of our marriage and told me that her family was from Northern Italy.

All you greasy wops can't be trusted. We're still happily married, though, she's great.

That's same thing as Italian

Attached: mug.png (600x699, 426K)

I had a pretty terrible experience at Cabela's the one and only time I bought a gun from there
>wanting a cheap .22lr rifle
>have 100 dollar Cabela's e-gift card
>See Marlon Model 60
>Just the right amount of old style rifle I'm looking for
>What can only be described as physically Bobby Hill at age 18 behind the counter is ringing me up
>Tell him I have an e gift card
>Spend the next 15 minutes with him trying to enter it in the POS and unable to
>He's not being particularly helpful
>Just flat out tells me I can't use the gift card without trying to get any real help
>Tell him I'm not buying it unless the gift card is applied
>Call customer support in the car and they tell me there should be no issue with the gift card and to go to the service counter for help
>Go back in the store, get a girl at the service counter, who then goes to the gun counter and shoes Bobby how to enter a gift card correctly
>Entire fucking ordeal has now taken over an hour
Kid was pretty fucking dumb for a retail worker. It's like it never occurred to him to ask someone besides the guy next to him in the entire fucking store and instead tell me I can't use a Cabela's gift card at Cabela's. First and last time I ever buy shit from those retards. Ended up selling it to some fudd and buying a 10/22 at Academy 6 months later, which of course took 15 minutes tops and the guy was super helpful.

What, it's some flavor of spanish

>be me
>go to mix of model train store (main floor) and gun shop (basement)
>loads of cool non-gun surplus on shelves
>all marked "NOT FOR SALE"
>Guy behind counter bragging about making a fellow 01 fill out a 4473
>has a row of Lugers in the display case
>one I can actually afford, 1916 DWM
>seriously blood-pitted, grips held on with masking tape
>has a freaking *layer of dust* on it!
>Tell them if they will come down $50 (well $50 and $10 transfer free) I would buy it
>nnnnnnnnnnnope
>never go back

(fast-forward a few years)

>be me again
>on a message board specific to my state
>re-tell this story on their forums, name the shop
>get a PM
>Hey user, we took over this shop, we're totally not like this anymore, please come back
>nnnnnnnnnnope

If they were serious, they would've made it worth my while to come back, which they did not.

>Me and my buddy are sicilian
>Guy thought we were arabs
k

Attached: 1399837254568.jpg (774x719, 68K)

>pretty fucking dumb for a retail worker
Ouch.

Never underestimate people's stupidity. Somebody once thought I was Irish because I have an apostrophe in my last name (like O'reilly, O'Malley, etc). I'm Italian (not the sicilian user)

Some states disallowed felons owning black powder and regard them still as firearms. If he is as stupid as you make him seem he might just leave enough gap in the chamber to have a pipe bomb in hand or overload it. He probably won't clean it so after a bit the cylinder will jam. God help him if he learns of conversion kits because then the ATF will have their stick of jurisdiction up his ass

Sounds like you guys were stoned

You're probably goi to snap at any moment.

I'm just teasing you, user.

>Buy M72 online
>go to gunstore to pick it up
>Boomer wont do the 4473 because I have a Michigan residence (this was in Tennessee)
>try and explain to him that buying a rifle out of state is perfectly legal.
>still wont budge and say's he will be keeping the rifle until I get a Tennessee residency
>ask to see his manager
>he is the manager
>leave and email the owner
>after a month of back and fourth the owner says its ok to pick up my rifle
>go to pick it up and the same boomer wont do the 4473 even with a letter from the owner
>tell him to call the owner
>he does and the owner tells him to do the damn 4473
>Boomer argues with the owner about letting me have an illegal transfer on a assault rifle
>storms to the back room
>some 22 year old kid comes out and does the transfer
>tells me I have a cool Ak and does the transfer
>get it for free because I waited a month

Avoid Royal Range in Tennessee

Attached: 1556038515481.jpg (578x563, 40K)

Fuck off you goddamn canuk, go to your fuxking leaf containment thread

>and then I woke up

This shit doesn't happen please stop embarrassing yourself.

I went to go buy a gun to kill myself.

I don't know if the clerk could sense that but he wouldn't even hand me a shotgun and told me to get the fuck out

I think he was try to imply that they are one in the same.

Was this the guy?

royalrangeusa.com/art

Attached: art-cason-royal-range-usa[1].jpg (370x370, 21K)

You should’ve taken off your trench coat and fedora

Attached: image.jpg (620x330, 42K)

I work in a gun store and we regularly charge 150$ over the normal price for most guns

>have a “special” on Marlin 336s with curly maple stocks
>859.99
>they’re 699 all day online

Dear god

I was wearing normal clothes. I think it was my demeanor

Lol

Now that guy looks like a fudd.

Based mares leg poster

Just buy it pussy

I have one.

I bought my bergara b14 HMR, and in the process I asked the clerk if they had a gunsmith who could mount my scope and compensator. This clerk being your average bearded beer belly multicam hat with a flag patch types, grunts "yeah...sure". I say great my stuff is in the car. I bring it in, and that guy, not their gunsmith, starts mounting my shit right there on the counter, and while the compensator goes fine, he starts mounting the scope, and he keeps pulling it off the rack and looking through it, and putting it back. He hands it to me and says "that look about right to you?" And I'm like.....yeah I mean you're going to level it right? And he snorts, and says "huh, no one uses those." And goes to take it to the owner to have him look at it, I'm sitting there flabbergasted. He unironically said "no one uses those" when talking about applying levels to a precision long range gun. My jaw was on the floor. He takes it back from the owner, turns it the scope a little to the left, and hands it to me again, and I say yeah dude looks great, have him finish mounting and go home and order scope levels and a torque wrench to do it myself. Never again.

So is it him?

One of the fun stores near me has never been outright rude, but the lady who owns it seems kind of like she’s got a stick up her ass. She was talking shit about the only indoor range in the area one time (I get that they’re competition, but she made baseless claims about them being careless with the rules)

And then I had to explain over the course of about 5 minutes that 8mm, 7.92x57, and 8x57 are all the same Mauser cartridge before one of her boomerfudd employees would sell me some fucking ammo.
I usually just go to the place they talk shit on now, they’re way more outwardly friendly.

I think this might have been the kid that finally sold you the rifle

royalrangeusa.com/philip

Attached: philip-giannone-370x370-370x370[1].jpg (370x370, 19K)

Not that guy i just liked the guys face and description. Looks like the kind of guy that would do that sort of thing though.

Attached: 1559420448889.jpg (540x596, 54K)

Met Bob before, actually a helpful guy. RR is filled with Mexicans and tourist Sadly. RR has a good selection but the prices are nuts for anything besides the coffee.

Pasta niggers and potato niggers are both still niggers.

Reminds me I really need to level my scope. All fucked.
Going to have some barrel nuts and muzzle devices torqued down, will do that too.

>turners in california
end of unfriendly gun store story

This dudes fucking face lol

i thought about explaining to this dude how important leveling is, how even 5 degrees of cant can mean entire inches at distance, but the brutally unironic and sneering way he said "huh, no one uses those" let me know there was no educating this level of fuddery.

I thought Rudd’s were supposed to be good at long range shits and basic shit like marksmanship?

they're absolutely not, anything past 300yds is absolute magic to them

God I hate turners so much. The only decent one is the Pasadena one. Also fuck Ammo Bros

>move to small town 20 miles away from hometown
>check out the LGS in the strip mall
>there's 4 AR's and 1 Century AK on the wall
>there's maybe 20 boxes of ammo, 3 different calibers, in a glass counter
>a couple Glocks in a case
>the rest of the store is fucking empty, no shelves, no product, nothing
>prices are literally double MSRP
>owner is a fucking dickhead
>$50 FFL fee when everyone else is $20
That fucker's been in business for at least six year, and I have no idea how. Every person I've talked to who's gone there has said the same thing.
Pic related, Woodland Guns and Ammo. The entire inventory can be seen in the photo.
Also if you leave a bad review, the owner will leave a five star review where he calls you a liar.

Attached: 534452cace5d0.image.jpg (400x300, 35K)

I read the reviews, you doxed yourself but don't worry I won't tell.

I didn't leave a review, I just noticed that was going on.

>live in WNY, 2012
>only one gun store in the area
>go visit
>$800 WASR 10s
>$60 pre-ban mags
>$50 transfers

>also NY
>go to cabelas
>look at mosins, already have one but why not
>pick one up off the rack
>look down the bore
>fucking sewer pipe, sort of looks like somebody lined the barrel with cotton balls, the deterioration is so bad

>move to new state
>go to lgs
>buy a handgun
>the guys behind the country are talking about NAP violations and recreational nukes

>go to another gun store down the street
>never have any problems
>everyone is super helpful and knowledgeable
>basically all they sell is AR15 and AR15 accessories

Attached: 1.png (537x100, 42K)

based

>tfw left eye
not quite the same, but i feel ya brother

Attached: 1456449824674.png (500x461, 45K)

I got one from this weekend.
>inna pawn shop, central FL
>prices are usually north by about $50 but my buddies swear by these guys
>looking at shotguns, come across what used to be a Mossberg slug gun
>still has smoothbore barrel with rifle sights, but the stock was replaced with a pistol grip, so it's literally a 26" deer gun without anything to shoulder
>rusted to absolute shit, then cold blued at some point
>deeep pitting on the action bars
>mag tube looks pretty rough
>etc etc etc
>$179.99
>"nobody is that stupid."
>take it to the counter, try to get the owner to talk to
>he's on the phone
>wifey gets shitty when I say I'll wait for him
>"I'll give you a price!"
>takes it in the back, returns a moment later
>"$160, that's the lowest I'll go."
>"OK, I'll put it back."
>look of rage on her face
I guess fishing for retards is getting harder these days.

>Local pawn shop
>Has a bunch of antique, turn of the century handguns
>Colt M1900, Colt Army and Navy, cool shit like that
>Pawn shop is run by stupid old ladies who don't know jack shit about guns
>Those guns have been sitting there in the same spot in a humid room for several years and haven't been cleaned once
>They're fucking rusted and ruined

Attached: garfield_jon.jpg (404x350, 28K)

> Bullied day in and day out at school.

> Parents have horrible fights once every other month or so (weekly in recent years). Dad violently swings from being in "wakes you up at comfy 2:00am for donuts when he gets home from work" to "threatening to shoot mom between the eyes" extremes in mood.

> At Pawn shop with dad looking at guns which is about the only thing we bond over as he looks down upon me liking Pokemon/Godzilla and be being too lazy and distractable for sports.

> Checking out a big modern high tech looking crossbow thinking it's the coolest shit ever.

> Dad and or the counterman explain that it's legally only for disabled people to use.

> Counterman says something close to... "young man you look fairly mentally disabled yourself".

> Dad looks back at me but basically just shrugs.

Attached: httpbarnettcrossbows.commediacatalogproduct7878128-whitetail-hunter-ii-1.png (700x569, 116K)

>the guys behind the country are talking about NAP violations and recreational nukes
fucking canadians.

>fuck liberals, everybody says exactly what they mean out here no fancy talking blah blah blah fuck snowflakes tell it like it is brother yeehaw

>T-this guy was rude to me in a g-gun store waaahhh

He's right, but not for the reason you think. Aftermarket parts are a meme and don't make Glock any better. It's wasteful and pointless past a polish job and a $5 spring.

Go home.

Attached: 1546419949410.jpg (688x960, 156K)

Based

What the fuck? I bought mine for 300$ flat like, a year ago??

>goto knob creek gunrange
>have problem with gun
>young gun wannabe navy seal looking dude tells me to goto hardshell tactical for gunsmithing/cheap ar parts
>do so, hardshell tactical is great cool dude that is very friendly
>become regular at his store, as often as I can afford
>drive past omw to knob creek gun range
>hardshell tactical is closed, wtf?
>goto knob creek, enjoy shooting
>ask navy seal wannabe dude about hardshell tac
>he fucking plays the "Whats hardshell tac? We only recommend ourself. Ive never heard of hardshell tac."
>find out 2 brothers got into a fight in front of hardshell tac, owner came out to confront
>one attacked him and hardshell tac defended himself
>reached ky supreme court, they agreed with hardshell tac and said he was good dude
>go back go knob creek
>just wanted to pick a fight with navy seal jackass
>he tells me no matter what the supreme court says hardshell tac is a murderer and a disgrace to the area
>even the cool fudd employee tries to back up hardshell tac
>navy seal wannabe tells me to never come back again
>lol l actually have my own gunrange now and order my guns online

Kek, did you keep an eye on the news for the next few days?

>I actually have my own gunrange now and order my guns online
Please explain user

>be me
>be Lebanese
>white skin
>mousy blond hair
>green eyes
Nobody knows what the fuck Arabs look like. People think I’m British.

You ever heard of "have sex"
Well you'll like its hot new sequel.
BUY LAND

Attached: 75-acres-near-linton-in-propert-linton-greene-county-indiana-135074-9oRTf-.jpg (500x375, 29K)

>go to look up this quote
>get linked to a youtube video
>"this video is no longer available because the account owning it has been deleted"
can I get a source

>BUY LAND
I'm listening.

>why the fuck are natives suspicious of foreigners in their lands
You cant be serious user

Oh damn

>gun store by my old highschool, owned by old Asian man and his 30 something daughter
>two white guys mid 20s work there as well
>place mostly sells antiques, some milsurp, and high end range toys
>I was 19 and young looking
>go in looking for a shotgun
>walk in spot the shotguns and start looking.
>clerk walks over to me, hands on hips
>"can't you fucking read? No high school students allowed in here. Get the fuck out before I call the school"
>"I'm a college student."
>other clerk is face palming
>old man looks pissed
>dude dosen't buy it asks to see my id
>show him driver's license and university id
>hands them back
>cheerfully asks what I'm looking for
>shrug it off I'm sure they have issues with highschool students
>ask to see 12 guage pump actions
>tell him my limit is 400$
>shows me a 1000$ benelli 20ga
>nice but I'm on a budget, do you have any maverick 88s or mosberg 500s?
>shows me a 900$ beretta
>"this is the cheapest thing I would trust man, the stuff you're looking for is junk. if you cant afford quality gear then you shouldn't even bother"
>owner yells at him as I leave the store.

I'm in CA so a lot of the shittier gunstores don't follow up on laws, and a lot of it leads to some random fudd kicking me out of his store because he thinks im trying to break the law by getting him to sell me an LEO only 30-round mag during during freedom week.

i bought my first ar-15 early, 2010 this was before the NRA even backed black rifles, ruger refused to sell them and a lot of the pre-built guns didn't exist like daniel defense or the M&P15s werent around yet

so i would go around to gun stores locally asking if they would transfer AR off list lowers for me and was basically accused of being a criminal over and over.

i eventually found a few stores and helped calguns website make a small list of stores willing to help us though

southern italian here

we're greasier than you think

Larry phillips is alive.

so is this the guy?

he looks like the type of fudd to open carry a gucci 1911 and ride a harley with speakers blaring shitty rock

Only really negative LGS story I have stems from when I took my SMLE No.1 Mk.III* to an indoor range to test fire twenty rounds after I replaced its sporter stock with an authentic one. I fired my box of ammo, then switched to my M&P and ran through about 100 rounds before I packed up.

Before I left, I went to grab some pistol ammo. Went to pay, weasly teen behind the counter barely made eye contact. The Boomer employee behind tbe counter, however, needed to chime in about my "Kraut rifle" and how I "won't get anything out of shooting it at an indoor range". I politely informed him thst it was a British rifle, to which he got upset and insisted I was wrong.

I took my bag of ammo and receipt, grabbed my gun case, turned to look at this retard and said, "You must know better, having bought it and all, wouldn't you?" before leaving.

What a piece of shit. Why are people like this.
>"Welp, Can't admit I'm not the know it all I knew I've always been!"

>Natives
>foreigners
>Being of European decent

Attached: 81EABC22-74A6-4475-AB3C-EB296FBF72D3.jpg (242x150, 12K)

you are lying, there is something wrong with you guys. You must look like White niggers or something

>be me, earlier this year
>decide to purchase 2 new handguns
>hk usp9 compact & glock 43x
>go to lgs and double check that they still have both pistols
>go to the register to ask for assistance
>owner is ALWAYS standing around talking to the local fudds
>stand there for almost 10 minutes, patiently waiting for service
>start making eye-contact with owner
>i know he sees me
>get fed up and pull out cash (about $2k)
>start flipping through it, acting like i'm counting my money
>"hey partner, can i help ya"
>turn around without raising my head, still counting my money
>slowly walked to the door and left
This wasn't the first time that this fat loser has been disrespectful towards me and other customers. I hope he still doesn't treat his customers like that. If so, I wish his store would go under.

Attached: 99&2000.jpg (1000x1024, 92K)