Are braced/Pistol Grip Mossberg Shockwaves illegal now>

blog.princelaw.com/2019/07/05/atf-rescinds-prior-methods-to-measure-a-firearms-overall-length-when-equipped-with-a-stabilizing-brace/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm

> Superfluous extensions (Braces) don't count towards OAL
> Buffer Tubes count on an AR15
> Do they count on a Shockwave?

Attached: xl_100026637_4.jpg (1200x1200, 72K)

Why would you?

Attached: 9F6AE2CF-F8B3-4A4C-8841-36FD829BEA66.gif (260x196, 989K)

Why wouldn't you?

Hey Clint,
What do you think of shotguns without shoulder stocks?

Attached: 35C2C893-5540-4DF2-AAD8-AB4E70984823.gif (240x228, 904K)

stop
asking
the
gaytf

100% agree. If the retard who sent in the letter that spurred this response hadn't I would've never had to posit this question.

>the atf is a regulatory body, a legislative branch of goverment, and enforcement agency at the same time.

xd

I spent hours looking online for a single case where someone got arrested and/or convicted for an unregistered AOW. Couldn't find a single one. Keep your brace on your gun because no government agency seems to give a shit.

what about my local gunrange/gunsmith

what ar ethe chances these faggots are snitching

+99%

Why would it be unless you stick a VFG on it? It's not a stock.

>being a cityfag with no land to shoot on
>not even being friends with someone that has land to shoot on
Pathetic.

Given that their livelyhood relys on complying with the law Id imagine theyd either keep you out or report you

Same user as before forgot to add, my local range has a "im not a cop" policy and Im in california so Id imagine itd be rather comon thing in actually free states. All that said it is still a bit of a grey area. generally free men dont ask but this is a possible risk.

> NFA regulated shotgun is:

> (1) a shotgun having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length;
> (2) a weapon made from a shotgun if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length

The grip that is shipped with the Shockwave is elongated to meet the 26" OAL requirement. The pistol grip/buffer tube adapter does not meet the 26" OAL by itself. Only with the buffer tube counted would it meet the required 26" OAL.

>buy a shotgun without a stock
>put a stock on it
Why

It's not a stock.
It's a brace.

C'mon boys I need some answers.

Local range said "we dont care, we're not the cops. We're not gonna call the cops. But you really shouldn't be driving around with that stuff"

It's not a buffer tube. There's no buffer tube on a shotgun

It's not "made from a shotgun", it's an "any other weapon"

Apparently the range I go to is mean to cops so I doubt mine would care. They're all younger guys in their 20's.

Do what part is making it no longer meet the definition of a firearm?

With a pistol grip adapter there are threads for a buffer tube to add a stabilizing brace...

An unmodified Mossberg Shockwave is not an AOW, it is considered a firearm.

The elongated grip shipped with the Mossberg Shockwaves lengthens the gun to over the required 26" OAL. Replacing that grip with a pistol grip/buffer tube adapter shortens it to below 26" OAL if you do not add a buffer tube. If you do add the buffer tube you are again over the required 26" OAL.

The question is, with this new ATF letter, does the length of the buffer tube count towards OAL?

>Why would you put a brace on a tiny firearm to make it work like a tiny shotgun inside of your tiny home

I can't fathom why anyone would do such a thing

>The question is, with this new ATF letter, does the length of the buffer tube count towards OAL?

How's about you don't fucking ask and just keep doing what you're doing.

Attached: FB_IMG_1562542781670.jpg (900x1300, 108K)

Except I'm not asking the ATF you fucking mong. I'm asking the autists of Jow Forums

How's about you don't ask us because it doesn't matter. As stated before if it does not specifically say "buffer tubes don't count anymore" then you are G2G until cleatus or bubba spam the ATF with more letters which forces them to "clarify" further.

Because I'd rather have a good gun, than instinctively buying something because the NFA says I can't have it. If they weren't banned, they wouldn't be cool you know.

Also jesus christ guys a tax stamp is only $300.

>$300
$200

But with a brace they literally are the same thing, except after you act like a good boy and spend $200 to ask permission to put a stock on it and wait the full year to get your go ahead back, it becomes much more difficult to sell that shotgun or move that shotgun over state lines

>Also jesus christ guys a tax stamp is only $300.
>paying for the privilege of being on a registry
>and then having to ask permission to take your gun over state lines
What a faggot you are, user.

Bootlicker

>selling guns
The worst kind of person.
>moving over state lines
How often do you actually do this with guns?

Anyway, again the more important point is if this shit weren't regulated, hardly anyone would want one of these shits.

>difficult to sell that shotgun or move that shotgun over state lines
This.
Paying $200 for a problem just to flex on some noodle sipping dweebs on Jow Forums.
Un-fucking-believable.

>wanting something just because someone says you have to pay $200 more to own it
childish
>implying I don't just make whatever I want
If you're going to be a little cuck that is afraid of the ATFs every move even though you have never even seen a federal agent, just buy the goddamn tax stamp so you can quit pissing yourself over every letter that comes out.

or man up and seize your rights. In minecraft of course.

And if machine guns weren't regulated, no one would want semi-auto ARs either.

That's fair enough. So go ahead and buy something useful instead of just lusting after something because mommy told you no.

Also the only thing that letter actually says is that if you put a folding mechanism on your brace the firearm is measured from the folding mechanism forward which we already knew.
>He doesn't trade firearms or sell with the intent to buy new ones when he gets bored of shooting the same collection forever
Shiggy
>How often do you actually do this with guns
I live on the border of my date and our neighboring state, and the latter has the better laws and ranges. So every weekend or every other weekend.
>If it wasn't regulated then
That's not true at all. If you really think if SBSs weren't regulated every single person on this board wouldn't have a cheap ass $150 mad Max sawed off look alike you're insane.

>He doesn't trade firearms or sell with the intent to buy new ones when he gets bored of shooting the same collection forever
You fucking whore. Of course I don't.You genuinely disgust me.
>That's not true at all. If you really think if SBSs weren't regulated every single person on this board wouldn't have a cheap ass $150 mad Max sawed off look alike
I really don't think there would be $150 mad max sawed offs. You'd probably still be looking at $400 for a stoeger, which is too much for most people to invest in worthless guns.

Okay lol

Attached: Screenshot_20190707-202645.png (1080x1920, 442K)

Ah yeah, you could buy a 50 year old double barrel that doesn't even have a manufacturer mark, it's so reputable, then chop it down.

Because afterall, you don't plan on shooting the thing.

Im curious as well, with the black ace shotgun idk if there is anything you could do to make it legal without registering it

Attached: black-aces-tactical-2476.jpg (900x358, 78K)

you should all just shut the fuck up

imagine being this much of a bootlicker

this is really no different than retards trying to figure out if you measure an AR pistol with a LAW adapter folded or extended. Technically the weapon can fire folded once, and OP's Mossberg can be fired without the brace.

people have been using this as an NFA loophole for a while now. The problem is that retards follow it and keep sending fucking letters to the ATF asking if they can have more yummy cummy

just move out to the country and shut the fuck up

SHALL

well then just put a proper stock on

Attached: mpppm.jpg (325x232, 23K)

This is why I always mount my grips in the 5th dimension.

tool

>hardly anyone would want one of these shits
bullshit. If SBS laws had never been put into place remington and mossberg would be cranking out ~14 inch barreled shotguns as home defense guns. You're delusional if you think there would be no interest in something like pic related.
>You'd probably still be looking at $400 for a stoeger
again, bullshit. Someone would be cranking out cheap madmax specials, the reason thats not a thing now is because theres no market for it because of NFA bullshit. If you could buy one like a normal shotgun some manufacturer would start making them cheaper to meet the demand.

Attached: Remington-870-short-barreled-shotgun-courtesy-reminstonle.com_.png (525x270, 98K)

For the record the serbu super shorty's an smoothebore pistol AOW because no stock. That's probably the only thing you'd see more of. If you're only getting 3-4 shots there's not much benefit over a double barrel.

worlds oldest democracy?

>That's probably the only thing you'd see more of
again, if you think people wouldnt buy 14 inch pump guns you're a brainlet. Both of the big manufacturers make magazine fed versions of their pump guns that negate any capacity problems from a short barrel too.

something like the pic in
with a +1 tube extension (flush with the barrel) will be 5+1. Thats a pretty big capacity advantage over a double gun imo.