Because your life might depend on the ammunition you use

Because your life might depend on the ammunition you use.

Federal HST.

Attached: 9BA038B4-8D3E-4763-BAF7-E3CF00DB742C.jpg (1080x987, 484K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0piGeTVMZWs?t=1685
youtube.com/watch?v=0piGeTVMZWs
gunstreamer.com/watch/lehigh-defense-lehigh-hunting-6th-night-last-chance-south-texas-feral-hogs-9mm-90gr-xtreme-defense-3_pYTHqqHMxkZ4zzl.html
gunstreamer.com/watch/lehigh-defense-1st-night-texas-hogs-2017-hd-45acp-120gr-xd-6pdk-6mm-92-gr-cc_A6lHAVfIsROhPdJ.html
full30.com/watch/MDA2OTM4/do-machined-bullets-really-work-warning---very-graphic
full30.com/watch/MDA3Mzcz/underwood-xtreme-penetrators-vs-deer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This picture makes the .40 actually look like a good choice.

.40 isn't a bad performing round ballistically, but the added recoil over 9mm and reduced capacity isn't worth the almost insignificant increase in HP expansion diameter.

Attached: E06146B0-D8DE-48E0-BC7A-2201D068D803.jpg (1000x665, 595K)

>Added recoil
Is an excuse people, who are poor shooters use

It is. .40 is damn near identical to .45 in performance, making up for reduced powder space by running almost double the pressure.

But considering we're unable to establish a statistical basis for choosing even .45 ACP over 9mm, despite all logic saying bigger bullet should be better... there's just not enough benefit to justify even .40's loss in capacity.

>Because your life might depend on the ammunition you use.
Hope you live in a world with no sheet metal.

Attached: not shown, Speer “Next County” Gold Dot.png (696x601, 367K)

Once thought I'd wait for reports of its effectiveness in the field but no more. I picked a couple boxes of pic rel when they were on sale a few months ago at Midway USA.

Attached: 938344.jpg (880x660, 59K)

The .40 isn't at the same angle, kind of hard to judge but still looks bigger than the 9mm.

If you're a good shooter with 40 you'll shoot even better with 9mm.
Hits count more than a few mm's of lead

Gold dot 124gr +p

Attached: 379A1147-FA57-42FE-99F7-F1F245E0E072.jpg (1200x800, 90K)

If you live in a cuck state with 10 round max capacity there's no reason to use 9mm over .40

Durp

Attached: E468ECBA-E652-49F8-872B-689B13631915.jpg (2199x1759, 531K)

>gold dot
What's it like in a land with no wood?

Attached: at least HST worked this time.png (654x575, 405K)

If you want raw power than .45 or 10mm is better than .40 short n weak.

I use HST for 9mm, gold dot for .357sig

that's why you go with hot-loaded 10mm

>Hope you live in a world with no sheet metal.
Thats why i carry 9mm m/39B cartridges

Damn, wasn't aware heavy clothing had such a negative impact on 9mm, but not .40/.45.

>yfw .40 expands bigger than .45 after wallboard

Attached: 1532311370717.jpg (640x480, 93K)

Federal and Speer are owned by the same parent company. Gold Dot did very well in testing.

Attached: A84858FE-A588-47E2-B318-F60173A06127.jpg (600x421, 76K)

>m/39B
So instead of only acting as an icepicking FMJ when you shoot through a barrier, it's an icepicking FMJ all the time?

There is a way to have reliable post-barrier performance on soft tissue, though.

Attached: if only there was some bullet that didn't depend on a vulnerable cavity for terminal effectiven (611x260, 163K)

Sorry
Let’s try one with better resolution

Attached: CDA29748-5211-4407-97B3-34E8F60F5B4C.jpg (2273x1907, 550K)

Speer because its not Queer like you

Attached: IMG_1957.jpg (500x500, 77K)

Does not expand
Does not meet FBI criteria
It’s a poor choice

Don't forget to mention that the +p+ Xtreme Defender also goes right through IIIA like butter.

youtu.be/0piGeTVMZWs?t=1685

Seems like the only thing that stops the bullet is 20" of man flesh.

>complying

Expansion is a zoomer meme. Bullets don't do anything except make holes. LMAOing at you fucking losers who wasted your money on meme ammo.

If I wanted to shoot this in a Glock, would I need a heavier recoil spring, or does the lighter projectile negate that need?

Getaloada this faggot

Attached: checkaroonie.jpg (1252x704, 123K)

This^^^

I wish I still had the gif of the Minnesota Jow Forums meetup where all these little malnourished boys couldn't handle 9mm recoil.

The fact is in the right gun .40 caliber recoil is not all that different than 9mm.

On top of that the .40 will expand more have more energy, and penetrate deeper after expansion across more loadings than 9mm.

The big asterisk in the FBI decision was **premium defense loads**. I can count on one hand the number of **premium defense loads** I would trust, and half of those are never available, even online.

Meanwhile there are far more .40 loads that are trustworthy, and the best of .40 are better than the best of 9mm.

Im glad I like HK, because I live in a much better world thanks to their pistols.

Except when they expand they make a bigger hole. So good job idiot

HSTs are pretty cheap.

>you'll shoot even better

The split times would likely be better yes. The issue with this philosophy is the idea that you will get enough solid hits to make it much more than .40 and the answer is that the first 2 are more important than the next 3 or last 2 your mag has over the .40.

You can bet that any round offered for sale to the public today is designed to work perfectly with a Glock with no modifications.

>.45

Found the know nothing. >40 is more powerful than .45

>Does not expand
Does not need to.

>Does not meet FBI criteria
youtube.com/watch?v=0piGeTVMZWs
Oh no, it went 22.5 inches in (warm) gel after punching through steel, that's outside 12-18 spec!
Guess I'd better go with the HSTs that go 26 inches?
Or Critical Duty that went 28.5 inches?
Maybe the Gold Dot that wasn't recovered in 32 inches of gel?

>It's a poor choice
Yeah, all handgun bullets are poor choices. It still does better than JHPs unless you live in a world without barriers.

Fuddy five and 10mm shouldn't be compared to 9mm and 40. The pairs are both in different frame size handguns.

Alaska > everyone else
Except for this bullshit heat wave and the fires, that kinda sucks. Can't wait for winter.

Screwdriver bullets are a Patrician's choice. Unfortunately the underwood I bought had dud primers and I lost confidence in the company

Wow look at all of that, trying to justify that shitty round.

Attached: 0897229E-FC3B-4F1E-93B6-CD14E53F4E5C.jpg (1140x484, 410K)

Will 10mm see increased expansion over 45 and 40 with similar defensive loads?

But he did

>tfw I own a fuddyfive, a forty short and weak, and a 9memimeter but carry a 22lr handgun for self defense

Attached: rekt.gif (245x170, 997K)

What does the screwdriver do that regular shit ass ball won't?

>shooting through barriers
>pistol calibers
Get a rifle for that lmao

>The split times would likely be better yes
Splits are a measurement of how long you take between accurate shoots.
If a real situation you're not shooting for splits, you're going to try to be accurate at the speed you're trying to shoot.
This isn't rocket science, it is known that hit rates increase with lower recoil.

>The issue with this philosophy is the idea that you will get enough solid hits to make it much more than .40

Getting a hit with a 9 is better than missing with any other caliber.

>the first 2 are more important than the next 3 or last 2 your mag has over the .40.

This isn't a capacity argument. Hit rates during combat decrease with increased recoil.

i'll expand your hole bby

getting a hit with a 22 is better than missing with any other caliber

Quote the number of times an attacker would have been stopped but wasn't if the bullet striking him had expanded one-half inch more. Doesn't exist. Blood loss? Don't make me laugh you faggot. Blood loss didn't do shit to Michael Platt despite being basically top tier as much as you can hope for in a non-debilitating shot.
You've wasted a whole bunch of money because you're an easily sold to loser. Go home and sleep with that.

I really hope that's shotgun shell pattern...

Source on that 22 that meets FBI spec out of a handgun?

If it expanded any more it would disintegrate.

The flutes displace soft tissue radially at relatively high velocities, destroying tissue through tearing and creating a permanent wound channel significantly larger than bullet diameter.
In contrast, normal bullets (FMJ and JHP) at typical handgun velocities generally damage tissue through directly crushing the tissue the bullet comes in contact with -- this results in a wound channel only as wide as the bullet (expanded width, for JHPs).

gunstreamer.com/watch/lehigh-defense-lehigh-hunting-6th-night-last-chance-south-texas-feral-hogs-9mm-90gr-xtreme-defense-3_pYTHqqHMxkZ4zzl.html
gunstreamer.com/watch/lehigh-defense-1st-night-texas-hogs-2017-hd-45acp-120gr-xd-6pdk-6mm-92-gr-cc_A6lHAVfIsROhPdJ.html

You think you know more about terminal ballistics than the FBI and the DOJ.
Ok fag

>FBI spec
you're a fucking mongoloid if you think what the FBI wants matters

Completely made up bullshit. Neither of those did anything well placed FMJ wouldn't. Permanent wound cavities are a joke. If you hit a major artery, you hit it; if you didn't, you didn't. The number of times a super special bullet made the different is nonexistent despite people being should with superspecial bullets for 70s years now. Fuck off with your useless meme bullshit.

>9mm FMJ would shred that much tissue
Sure it would. Have you even once in your life shot a pistol at anything other than paper?

In a world where we didn't pretend guns aren't meant to kill the target.

Attached: giphy (3).gif (480x270, 1.96M)

See

I've killed game with FMJ while your pussy ass was shrinking away about "muh gamewarden".
You kill things by punching holes. Have you ever spotlighted deer? I bet you haven't.

Kek

Yes. I know more than our inept government. Get fucked, faggot.

Maybe you should read a fucking book

Ahh, just a dumb fudd who thinks math is a jewish lie.

>I've killed game with FMJ while your pussy ass was shrinking away about "muh gamewarden".

Attached: projecting this much.jpg (1500x807, 391K)

Ok, I will CC a rifle then you dumbfuck

This isn't rocket science, it is known that hit rates increase with lower recoil.

Its a good thing I have HKs.

>Getting a hit with a 9 is better than missing with any other caliber.

No shit, but you are implying that I am going to miss. at a more significant rate with .40. This is true for Jow Forums ladyboys, and FBI desk workers. Two things that I am neither.

>This isn't a capacity argument. Hit rates during combat decrease with increased recoil.

At a certain threshold yes. Round 6 or 7 may miss, but with .40 it will most likely never get that high.

Because your life might depend on the ammunition you use

No loser cartridges

Attached: Buffalo Bore.png (2856x1150, 68K)

Military uses FMJ because of the Hague convention. FMJ technology dates back to 1882. It isn't as big of a deal for military application, where you have explosive ordinance, fragmenting assault rifles and a squad by your side. It is a pretty big deal when you're on your own with a handgun. You want every advantage you can get. You don't get the time to line up your shot in a self defense situation, it has very little in common with spotlighting deer.

How about the fact that .45 and .40 both have more psychological stops than 9mm. I wonder what does that.

we can read between the lines and understand that what the FBI was really trying to say was that their agents are too weak so we need a weaker caliber for them.

A bunch of whiny faggots with nothing who think they would just fight through a .22 hole through their central nervous system but still think the big jock bullying them would ignore a .22 through his gut but go down if it managed to expand a bit. What a fucking joke you armchair experts all are. I don't want you to leave though, because you're so entertaining.

Let's see all the testing you've done to validate your carry ammo.

>Its a good thing I have HKs.

I've actually never seen anyone run a HK with less muzzle flip than a Glock.

>Because your life might depend on the ammunition you use.

Handloaded 480 grain hollow point .577 Snider

>citing bullet company advertisements instead of actual testing
Yikes
Based and pic related
Make a hole that isn't smaller than the bullet.
>muh flute bullets area myth
Spotted the 9mm apologist, cavitating bullet designs have been proven for literally decades. Google THV and get a clue.
full30.com/watch/MDA2OTM4/do-machined-bullets-really-work-warning---very-graphic

USP?

forgot that pic

Attached: 120gr 45 super through shoulder roast G21.jpg (675x900, 136K)

I know the .40 looks impressive but I think the .45 HST expands more reliably.

to be copied VERBATIM by an enterprising* ADA that wants to fry your ass (inclusive of subpoenaed postings in online forums) for using a boutique round to kill a future astronaut.

i am not even fucking joking.

*all of this applies in jurisdictions where voting reflected that It Was Her Turn™

I'm looking up videos but it's mostly random guys using them in matches and they have shit grip.

Marginal increases in terminal performance take the back burner to things higher on the priority list to include:

>reliability
>ability to make accurate shots
>speed of rounds on target
>sufficient penetration

And finally
>expansion, permanent cavity size

You can mix and match between caliber or brand, they all fare the same more or less. What type of round or caliber is an overblown issue.

Shoot what you got.

Attached: E53B7768-5941-42F3-A3C4-8B1DEB77BD68.jpg (750x766, 152K)

it's a prank bro

the government knows everything and only does/says/thinks what is best for us

He’s not wrong, they’ve done quite a bit of testing to reach that conclusion. They didn’t do it for us they did it for *them*.

it was just a joke bro just a prank

I would never consider saying something negative about our fearless leaders bro

Remember kids: hollowpoints are a meme and always have been. Penetration is the only thing that matters in a handgun.

Quality rebuttal. 10/10.

>Penetration is the only thing that matters in a handgun.

and in relationships
and in sports
and in business
and in life

>full30.com/watch/MDA2OTM4/do-machined-bullets-really-work-warning---very-graphic
>omg muh ribs muh ribs look at these fucking ribs omg jesus these ribs
>it looks like a perfectly average wound

Attached: 1562446797316.gif (294x331, 3.74M)

>he doesn't CC a 20" 1:14 twist AR as Eugene Stoner intended
not gonna make it fampai

Is the difference between different brands and models of hollow point really that big in a typical self defense scenario?
I always thought that basically any modern defensive round was good enough for stopping the average shithead.

I was waiting for him to start smacking her around

it's not a bad caliber. plenty of cheap guns on the market in .40 s&w (police trade-ins, etc.) i had one and only sold it because the recoil was too much... for a 3.5" barrel. i imagine it would be pretty controllable in a larger pistol.

Yes
Bonded bullets are a good thing.

>wound multiple times the bullet diameter in muscle with massively more damage to internal organs
>lmao just looks like fmj to me
Just sad at this point. You're so emotionally invested in you're current favorite CCW caliber you'd probably say a 00 buck wound looked "just the same" if somebody labeled it as a handgun wound.
full30.com/watch/MDA3Mzcz/underwood-xtreme-penetrators-vs-deer

Attached: just sad.png (858x463, 423K)

This thread is full of 9mm queers who have to mag dump whenever they need to kill something.

If you want a real man’s caliber, get a 10mm. The Glock 20 gives you significant power without sacrificing capacity.

.45 is good for running a suppressor, 9mm is for European beta males and weak women, and .40S&W is one of those bastard cartridges like .45 GAP and it was designed for boy pussies and weak women in law enforcement.

Follow my teachings and harness the power of 10mm. You won’t be disappointed.

Polymer 10s are pedestrian af. Tell me why a steel-framed DA/SA 10mm handgun isn't the superior option.

Attached: pix762238504.jpg (550x550, 33K)

I shot some +P law enforcement "only" .45. I really really liked it. Good clean shooting. Nice recoil, little sharp, but not bad. Also they have good feed ramp riding since their tips are pretty well designed.
I like em. Theyre a bit expensive though. But theyll be my "defensive" ammo now.

Wrong thread, that ones next door.
Welcome to 4channel™

>copper jacketed condoms
guaranteed to penetrate 4 layers of clothing.

too goddamn heavy. my carry without a loaded magazine weighs 24 oz.