What's the downside of using ALICE gear Jow Forums...

What's the downside of using ALICE gear Jow Forums? I don't want to risk wasting money on dubious quality civilian market molly stuff if I'm setting up a loadout on the cheap.
>pic related

Attached: 0094b_lg.jpg (600x587, 80K)

There's nothing wrong with ALICE.
MOLLE is a zoomer meme.

Alice is rugged as fuck. You really can't go wrong with it unless you wanna be hihg speed lowe drag

>Loom at me guys! I’m too cool for modern equipment pouches. I wouldn’t want stangers to look at me funny for being tacticool. This old stuff sould soothe their minds and gain their acceptance

How often am I going to have to do a 3 second mag change with the 3 or so magazines I can cram onto a molly plate carrier.

giant overdeisgned pouches that suck to use in a hurry. military issue gear is always worse than commercially made gear.

>3 mags in the kangaroo pouch
>3-6 more mags on front pouches

vs
>8 mags in shitty flap-covered, buttoned, double pouches

alice is great

Problem with alice is it only lasts 100 years, also kinda heavy.

get an FLC vest and be happy, they come in DPAT, woodland, coffee and multimeme

Attached: FLC-vests.png (1554x1600, 2.66M)

Nothing’s wrong with it imo - I’ve cut my fingers on some of the small arms ammo pouches before, so I guess just look it over and sand any sharp edges.

Attached: 0A693D77-EFC8-4DAF-A71A-568AA431518E.jpg (300x225, 10K)

Interceptor vests with all their panels actually seem like they beat most commercial stuff IF you're primarily worried about pistols and expect to be relatively static. Cityfags could do a lot worse, given that the odds of them being able to try to bug out and live are fairly shit and the
odds of them being both trapped in a very small safeish area and shot at with pistols are relatively high.

>Interceptor vests with all their panels actually seem like they beat most commercial stuff IF you're primarily worried about pistols

a better choice is to just wear a 3a vest with a plate carrier over it if you're that worried. if you're buying gear to trust your life with, why cheap out with surplus?

Six on the vest and bare minimum two three mag pouches on the belt with the ability to put however many you need after all the bare necessities are clipped on. Quantity over quality my friend.

well were just talking about vests so i didnt include belts

Alice webbing is fine, but its not meaningfully better than euro webbing, like modern PLCE or cold war Brit and German ones. To be fair, theres only so many ways to do a belt and yoke, and its pretty hard to fuck up. The peripherals like the 3-4 different vests they offered are garbage though. If you must use a milsurp load bearing vest, Israeli (search "ephod") and British vests are better by far. SADF vests are also good but they're a meme among airsofters now so you wont find them at a reasonable price.

the sadf chest rig is good but the battle jacket is a mess. Its great for carrying a lot of stuff but it sucks for accessing ANY of it quickly. also if intent to use it with AR mags you better have magpulls on them or else you will take forever trying to dig them out.

Interceptor has more coverage than most commercially available models.

yeah because they're design for WWII-style combat with lots of explosions. combat you will most likely never have to deal with.

The vest in the pic is basically a set of glorified suspenders that loop into a separate belt that you can load up however you want. It also has the advantage of being able to clip on a small ALICE butt back between the shoulders.

Different time and place user, the small arms pouches were made for jungle warfare where grass and other bullshit brush would yank anything off your person that wasn't tied down or strapped in.
What you posted wasn't ALICE gear OP.
For those interested in ALICE gear, you'd be better off replacing all the meat hooks (belt clips and suspender hooks) with paracord or even just zip ties for the belt clips. It feels fine putting the stuff on and trying it out around the house or even for a day or two camping, but halfway into even a tiny 15k hike they will rub you raw wherever they touch your body.

Attached: 1542253140137.jpg (380x482, 124K)

Not OP, but, could you elaborate?

complete shit with no support.

Elaborate on the metal clips and hooks? They're terrible. Paracord is more comfortable. If you're talking about the OP image it's some newer IIFS stuff or something similar.

If you're poor its probably better than nothing.
If you have some money you could buy it and upgrade later.
If you're a richfag you can enter these kinds of threads and bitch & whine.

pic related
The clips can be replaced with zip ties (with the ratchet part tighted and tucked into the pouch's clip sleeve) and the hooks replaced with a paracord loop tied off with an alpine loop or fisherman's knot.

goddamnit

Attached: meathooks.jpg (1244x474, 110K)

I haven't used my SADF kit in years. I'll have to pull it out and take it camping soon. Thanks for the reminder.

These are badass and can be found brand new for around $20, there is a much more expensive and rare version of this if you like this style vest that is all MOLLE, it's call S.P.E.A.R

>replacing all the meat hooks (belt clips and suspender hooks) with paracord
this is a really cool idea, thanks for sharing. I am going to try it with my rig

I like ALICE a lot and I have some but here's just some things to expect
>clink clink clink
>clips digging into your sides
>weight transfer
>"where the fuck did that clip go?"
all of the issues pretty much revolve around that it uses clips to secure things
once you have it properly set up for yourself it's not half bad. It makes good larping equipment

I use it for my airsoft kit. yeah yeah, inb4 underage. Point is I take it out every weekend and run through brush, crawl through grass, and generally put it through basic passes that you'd want gear to satisfy. ALICE is great because you don't have a bunch of bullshit on your chest that falls out or gets uncomfortable when your trying to crouch under trees or crawl. I like having everything near my hips instead. I got my basic kit for about $40 at a surplus store.

only alice item I have is a Arctic canteen.

I personally love it.

Attached: 476DDA91-F4DB-4833-868B-24324C155751.jpg (3367x3024, 1.31M)

Apologies for shitty camera; the focus is broken.

Attached: D9C9CC34-3ADB-4E62-94F8-43A76FD26970.jpg (4009x3004, 2.61M)

I actually used to be like that, thinking that older equipment was normie-safe. But then I learned that no matter what the normoniggers will always hate you for what you enjoy if it is weapons-related. Making that realization was liberating: it meant that I no longer have to appease normalshits and I could let my autism fly and collect whatever I want. Now I only look at "low profile" shit to see what I can slip right under the normies' noses.

replace everything you can with fastex clips rather than their thread through shit. open an alice pack more than 3 times and you'll already be wanting to cut the fuckers off