Mid length or carbine?

Is there any significant advatage to using a mid length gas system over a carbine? I’ve heard that the differences were negligible. My builds going to use irons only if that makes a difference for sighting.

Attached: 98780C3E-1064-4F19-9AD6-826CB904190F.jpg (394x232, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soldiersystems.net/2018/05/14/nswc-crane-carbine-mid-length-gas-system-testing-shows-increased-performance/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>soldiersystems.net/2018/05/14/nswc-crane-carbine-mid-length-gas-system-testing-shows-increased-performance/

>Although testing to 34,000 rounds isn’t yet complete, the conclusion is simple. Use of a mid-gas system significantly extends the life of the overall weapon system. It also offers increased performance over a carbine-length gas system.

>irons
My nigga
The mid length gas system will give you a slightly longer sight radius making your aim a little more precise
Im plotting out a 20" build using an a2 upper I just got

Mid length from a quality manufacturer, carbine if it’s cheap.

Overgassing for reliability > Service life of a product when it relates to different gas systems.

This plus if you're going for irons only, you'll get a longer sight radius making it easier to shoot accurately. You could even opt for a dissipator build, which extends the sight radius even further.

>Is there any significant advatage to using a mid length gas system over a carbine? I’ve heard that the differences were negligible. My builds going to use irons only if that makes a difference for sighting.
no. mid is better in every way but weight but not by much. mid benefits for irons would be inches more in sight radius but thats not a huge deal either. if you like how carbine looks get carbine. if you dont care get mid.

OP, I purchased a very cheap $100 middy upper from PSA a couple years ago. I put an A2 upper on it and a thinner front sight post. It’s extraordinarily accurate and lightweight. It’s the rifle I grab when doing shit around the property. I recommend them. I just wish someone would produce retro middy handguards. A triangle middy would be perfect.

Middy. Shoots flatter.

On another note: anyone know the shortest length you can cut down a middy barrel to, while still functioning reliably? I wanna start a new sbr project.

12.5"

Seriously? That's shorter than I thought. Any idea on a reliable gas port size for that config?

probably better off just getting a fresh barrel.

Mid-length is more comfy to hold and more aesthetically pleasing to behold.

This. A carbine is cheaper, and you can put plenty of rounds through it before it is ruined. When you finally buy your long-term AR get a Mid

Don't know about gas port size but I know Triarc makes a good one 12.5 middy. They probably aren't going to be as reliable with watered down ammo like Tula but I don't know for sure.

>only 16"
Barrellets can't even compete

Attached: IMG_20190706_200553395-01.jpg (3492x1692, 1.02M)

God that’s terribly ugly

is that what your mother said when you were born

>You could even opt for a dissipator build

not a real dissipator though since those are dogshit unreliable nigger-tier trash

if you want a dissy you have to go faux dissy and get a carbine or mid length gas system under the hood

>Ctrl + f: bayonet
>0 responses
I am disappoint

Attached: C6B12B5E-DD09-434C-B3E3-8451A4BEE609.jpg (480x256, 70K)

Yeah, but that doesn't change that fact that your rifle looks like an aborted SLR.

real dissys were fine. the ones that were shit and ruined the reputation was people making their own.
factory dissys have always been ok.

>using carbine gas on a 16" barrel

haha retard.

>My builds going to use irons only if that makes a difference for sighting.

Then you want a dissipator upper

>Mid length or Carbine?
Rifle Length

Attached: 1558844208333.gif (240x287, 276K)

Sorry buddy, I just didn't reply
Sure overgassing is a problem but bayonet mounting was my #1 concern going middy over carbine
Also the fact carbine gas on 16" is literally gay, it literally makes you crave penis in the mouth.

Mid length is shit. Have fun with that though. At least Carbines will cycle. It doesn’t matter because I’m sure your high speed over the counter at 15 gets shot once every two years. One 20 round box and you are a real hard ass. What a pussy fart you are.

>Here we see the Carbine-On-16" cuck in his natural habitat, manufacturing nonexistant problems with the superior platform to make himself feel better about having an overgassed piece of shit that beats itself to death and probably has an ugly govt profile barrel

10.3"-14.5"- Carbine
14.5"-16"- Mid-length
18"+ Rifle length

>10.3"-12.5" - Carbine
>13.7"-16" - Mid
>18"+ - Rifle
ftfy

That's not a very flattering image, not sure why he even bothered to take it lmao.

Attached: file.png (1368x970, 1.96M)

mid gas is better in every significant way. the only reason carbine gas is even a thing is because the marines wanted their bayonets.