youtube.com/watch?v=Vx4peO6y3L8
youtube.com/watch?v=meae-vWJ7KU
youtube.com/watch?v=YqDj8yGu0cw
youtube.com/watch?v=9ieWrWLjii0
youtube.com/watch?v=f4qD0n4-spA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ieWrWLjii0
youtube.com/watch?v=vKSPJt93M9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if you're good enough with those, you can take out small game such as squirrels or tiny birds for a snack.

That kind with the wrist brace are Illegal in NY

Attached: FZCL1J9J2AWHYHK.ANIMATED.LARGE.gif (300x168, 2.54M)

is there a reason slingshot crossbows dont exist?
im not saying it has to shoot arrows or bolts.
just a strut to hold the rubber back maybe some mechanism to pull the string back.

youtube.com/watch?v=5l8Ql2r26gE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-mf83w9QA
youtube.com/watch?v=JGEovOb4GQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=HVb2bsTznD4
youtube.com/watch?v=Y41dwLSjlwE

Damn. I thought you were full of shit, but no, NY is that fucked up.

I wonder how many murders where committed with such a "silent and deadly weapon".

theres a bunch of 1 offs but im wondering why nobody sells them

>why nobody sells them
They do, though?
youtube.com/watch?v=Vx4peO6y3L8

you still have to hold the string back on that

I wreck shit with a slingshot. I typically use those half marble looking decoration glass pieces as ammo. Accuracy is something that is strange because no algorithm of aiming ever worked for me. Most comparable to “point shooting” with a firearm. But I have embedded glass marbles in GA Pine tree bark pretty regularly. Power is all there, accuracy is attainable. Only distance concerns me. It is a great big out tool. I have shot small m80 fireworks after being lit. Imagination is endless...vials of gasoline or acid, chili powder. Who cares.

It's impractical.
Rubber under tension loses energy pretty fast. You couldn't leave such a thing cocked for 5 minutes and not expect some loss of power. Also in cold conditions rubber stiffens too much.

that makes sense

Yeah, apparently they're illegal here in NJ. I looked up the law and it says
>manufacturing, transporting or possessing a slingshot without "an explainable, lawful purpose"
Well, "I'm shooting cans" isn't unlawful. They sell them in the local gun store near the other shit youd buy a kid like rubber band guns and shit.

Nope. They are actually a formidable weapon. highly recommend for a shtf loadout. No ammo? rocks work. I cleared a small gang of rats in my barn with nothing but a cheapo wrist brace crosman slingshot that was $5 at big 5 and some rocks I picked up near the barn.

Attached: 38A39101-8F3E-471F-9932-158884132934.jpg (2048x1536, 1.03M)

It does lose energy pretty fast at first, but it levels off quickly. After a minute or two, it's already steady state and you could leave it for an hour without further reduction in power.

i had one delivered to me through amazon
NYfag here. kinda confused now i guess.

Why haven’t you kissed cuomo yet

When I was a kid I would launch small rocks over a 13-story commie block onto a parking lot on the other side.The rocks broke windshields and the car owners always thought somebody dropped the rocks from a commie block window. I hated the faggots who lived in said commie block and it was fun listening to them fighting.

Lil evil shit lmao

i was surprised at how good the walnut-sized rocks penetrate windshields at terminal velocity

Slingers served in most of ancient armies under Alexander, Hannibal and Caesar.

Attached: Slingers.jpg (1366x800, 218K)

Not the same thing. At all.

It'll take small game. Pretty gay though. Go be 16 somewhere else.

Fun fact, those are what NJ intended to ban. Someone messed up and wrote slingshot instead of slung.

Attached: IMG_4590.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

Where do I get this?

It's really genious.You can wreck cars from a distance,minimizing the chance of getting caught.You could use tiny lead balls which are even harder to see when they're midair.

A good use for Bud Light Lime.

They intended on banning one of the oldest and most primitive weapons in the history of mankind? It’s rope with a leather cup, how can you ban that?

Weapons bans are fundamentally a misguided attempt to put the genie back in the bottle.

>Fun fact, those are what NJ intended to ban. Someone messed up and wrote slingshot instead of slung.

No. A "slung shot" is something different entirely. It's a weight on a short rope or strap; it is a clubbing weapon, like a blackjack or a sap.

Attached: slungshot.jpg (540x336, 23K)

That's a monkey's fist knot, you fucking dunce.

The knot on the end is, yes. It's one of many examples of a slung shot.

Your ammo is the reason you have accuracy issues, spherical objects fly consistently.

No. It's a nautical knot...

...And it's a commonly used knot for constructing a slung shot.

Why don't you google "slung shot" before you embarrass yourself further?

The best part about that is the law was supposed to ban slungshots and not slingshots. Due to an error it was made slingshots and never changed. Such js life in NJ.

Huuuur you're a fucking clown with a 13 year old's understanding of weapons and the world in general. I can't stop lmaoing at your life...

yep, buttmad confirmed.

Actual slings are no joke, you can kill a man if you aim it right, and they can be made of almost anything.
Plus if you use real sling bullets you can shitpost irl while cracking ribcages or skulls.

Attached: sling bullets.jpg (750x664, 105K)

>getting killed by a flying roman shitpost

nigga you dumb. I was just at a bank museum and they used to arm the bank messengers with that same sort of weapon.

I calculated "muzzle energy" of it before.
It was 9 joules with heavy ball and 7 with lighter one.
For example, .22 is ten times stronger.
And mine is much better than op picture.
Meh.

Attached: 1525442306818.jpg (1000x800, 505K)

hes engaging maximum damage control after being toldasaurus rex'ed

They can kill squirrels, but probably won’t stop a man.

Get a bow or crossbow, or learn to sling stuff like David if you want to deal with 2 legged enemies.

Thats you in the picture I assume? Man you look retarded

What's the ricochet risk? Depending on ammo?

Broken chunks of ceramic material will destroy glass.

>That side by side side sling-x-bow
I remember this guy made a condom slingshot

Attached: 1486236515973.jpg (422x750, 140K)

>The virgin thumb over bore grip vs the Chad entire hand over bore grip

How longs does it take to become proficient with these? Would love to smoke hares with one while /out/

I live in the mountains in central AZ in a small rural scattered community, and have herds of Javelina that occasionally tear up my front yard (back yard is fenced). I don't want to shoot them, because there's 10+ occupied buildings within a half mile radius-- making it illegal-- plus I don't want 80 lbs of rank, stinking inedible meat rotting in my yard. So, I use a Wrist Rocket slingshot and marbles as a Javelina deterrent. Kek, you tag one of those fuckers with a marble, and they squeal like a wapponese schoolgirl in a gangbang vid, and the whole herd takes off like hairy stink rockets. Pretty amusing, actually.

I use them to shoot rocks ahead of me for bears/wolves.

Attached: IMG_5191.jpg (3264x2448, 3.47M)

Hahaha

Slingshots are cool and practical in Shtf. It's not glamorous but random birds are nourishing, and you can nail them with Gravel.

you dont rely on it if your up against said bears of wolfs? Also that looks like PNW so you got big cats out there too, i hope you don't trust a slingshot to deal with those fuckers.

Yes. Also obviously depends on the surface you hit. I was dealing with a wooden barn and any missed shots, if any, would usually bury into the wood. Just use common sense

NY doesn't want their survalance cameras everywhere to be disabl d and or destroyed
That was also the reason for the .22 cal Ammo shortage during obamas days

Attached: 1359159827255.jpg (500x375, 39K)

nah, slingshots are pretty manly
didn't some ancient dudes kill each other with these? (or was it slings only?)

>No. A "slung shot" is something different entirely.
NO SHIT YOU FUCKING MONG. That was the point of my post

Attached: 20190709_013915.jpg (720x907, 241K)

It's New Jersey dude.

It can even be a plain rope, it's just better with a good cup.

You wrote "those are what they intended to ban" and then linked to That implies you don't know the difference between a sling (what you linked to) and a slung shot.

You clearly know that a slingshot and a slung shot are different things, but your understanding of what a slung shot is is wrong.

Are javelina not edible?

The hell is a slungshot?

Basically the same thing as a blackjack or a sap. It's a weight attached to a short, flexible, handle.

Originally they were used by sailors to add weight to the end of a rope to make it easier to throw a line to shore or to another ship, then they became weapons.

It's what you call a slingshot after it's been fired

No.
They are known as the "skunk pig" for a reason.

You're an idiot.

PFS slingshot is ultimate in concealability and intuitive shooting

Attached: post-5367-0-12243000-1365197657_thumb.jpg (350x263, 12K)

Looks like it's the ultimate in instagram trends and function-over-form design.

>ultimate in concealability
>still has rigid components
No.
youtube.com/watch?v=meae-vWJ7KU
youtube.com/watch?v=YqDj8yGu0cw

Yo wtf I thought that was just a meme in FC5, I didn't realize that slingshot arrows were a legit thing... I might have to go dig out my old Daisy now

You can improve a functional dart/arrow. Ghetto kids in Brazil are commonly armed with a version made from bent bike spokes. Take one of those to the lung you got about three minutes left till you drown and mugged by a dozen rats. Shits no joke.

Attached: locust-tips.jpg (576x432, 171K)

quit posting videos of that anti-gunner and muslim dick sucker.

goddamn those look absolutely brewtul

>being this much of a vandal

Underrated post

>you dont rely on it if your up against said bears of wolfs?

Attached: IMG_0656.jpg (4032x3024, 1.39M)

Postin the GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=9ieWrWLjii0

I'm of the opinion that there's no such thing as a useless projectile weapon, and people should have at least some level of proficiency with every one available to them.

Whats a good slingshot? I cant find a review that doesnt sound payed for. Just browsing amazon they all look like cheap garbage.

If you're not sure just get an old fashion wooden one that you can use your own rubber on and make sure that the arms of the slingshot is close to the wrist so you can get more power out of it. Can't really go wrong here.

I like that romanian dude's solution.
youtube.com/watch?v=f4qD0n4-spA

Obligatory video

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ieWrWLjii0

Watch the video I posted here
This old dude is amazing with a wittled stick shaped in a Y and hardware store rubber hose.

depending on shooting-style, rubber bands used, ammunition and the slingshot itself they can be frighteningly powerful. the record is somewhat over 130joule of energy, not even using a wristbrace.
and i think the world record in speedshooting is 24 cans in one minute at 10 meters if i am not mistaking here...

simple-shot has some great slingshots, also good tutorial videos on yt.

the "scout" is a great slingshot, also good for beginners, started out with that one.

but now i personally prefer the "torque" although not everyone likes the asymetrical design and it is said that it´s not an ideal choice for beginners slingshot.

well i just found a guy shooting with over 270 joule of energy.
youtube.com/watch?v=vKSPJt93M9A

270 joules right by your cheekbone

Attached: 113_mr_burns_excellent.jpg (438x438, 28K)

ATF is coming to take you down, punk.

>tfw need a permit for sling shots because a retard in state assembly misspelled slugshots

I can't fight much longer

Attached: 1538527277605.png (1200x771, 93K)

There the next step above a glove gun

Attached: glovegun.jpg (320x320, 30K)

>You mean the wrist thingy that goes up...
If you carve one out of wood it a ghost slingshot.

I put a steel ball bearing thru both sides of an old Coleman fuel can.