Sweeden Joining Team Tempest

Sweden is to be officially announced as the first international partner of the Tempest fighter program next week.

Currently the UK, BAE, MBDA, Leonardo and Rolls-Royce have been working on the project since 2015 before it was unveiled almost a year ago.

Now that the rumours of Sweden joining have been vindicated, when will we see the same for Italy, Japan, India and Turkey?

Boeing also stated their interest publicly, are there any more companies in addition to SAAB that will see that Tempest is the clear front runner?

Attached: Screenshot 2019-07-08 at 10.11.24.png (1546x1494, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

defensenews.com/global/europe/2019/07/07/sweden-to-join-british-tempest-next-gen-fighter-push/
di.se/nyheter/uppgifter-sverige-ska-utveckla-stridsflyg-med-storbritannien/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_aircraft_and_spacecraft_exports
historum.com/threads/mongol-empire-is-the-largest-empire-ever-in-history-british-empire-wasnt.52764/
janes.com/
ukdefencejournal.org.uk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>India and Turkey
>joining the project
Just INSAS my Altay up, senpai

The good thing about India and Turkey is that they are well aware of their own national limitations and are happy to throw money at the problem until they can fix it, just like Russia supplying aircraft to China in the mid/late 20th century. or the US to Japan.

Explanation needed here user, is it Sweden as the Swedish government who has agreed to this or Saab, who is just a company in Sweden?

Both, Sweeden agree that Tempest's goals and timescale matches their own for Gripen replacement. and SAAB also need to secure work for when Gripen is retired.

>Sweden had also been in talks about joining the FCAS program, but Saab CEO Hakan Buskhe pretty much played down any prospect of a tie-up with the Franco-German venture when he recently told reporters, “We are (in) much more intensive discussions with the Brits than the other consortium. ... I think we can do good things together.”

Source?

>defensenews.com/global/europe/2019/07/07/sweden-to-join-british-tempest-next-gen-fighter-push/

Good for them. UK and Sweden both have exellent pedigree when it comes to aerospace so hopefully they will come up with something noice

>Now that the rumours of Sweden joining have been vindicated, when will we see the same for Italy, Japan, India and Turkey?

Italy are basically there already in terms of industry. With Leonardo a core partner Italy have a massive reason to go with the UK. It's just waiting for the political wheels to turn.

Also, of Sweden think the UK's requirements match their own, I can say with some certainty that Italy will feel the same. The UK and Italy both have a combat fleet of Typhoon, F35 and until recently Tornado.

Whats a Swedish word for tempest or some kind of violent storm?

Surstromning

isnt that smelly fish?

Made me chuckle.

Attached: Surströmming.jpg (1920x1440, 424K)

>India and Turkey
OH NO NO NO

Refugees

>Now that the rumours of Sweden joining have been vindicated
>another article citing anonymous "industry executives"
>vindicated
Literally how?

I think it sits somewhere between "strange local food" and "banned by the Geneva Convention"

>Now that the rumours of Sweden joining have been vindicated, when will we see the same for Italy, Japan, India and Turkey?

japan isn't joining the programme itself, as it's been working on its own f-3 since 2010.

the most likely scenario, if any, is collaboration for some components.

Storm, stormvind, orkan, oväder, kuling, might be forgetting something

Good. Maybe now the Gripen meme will die.

>SAAB CEO Hakan.

Ist schon wieder Dönerstag?

>Tempest
Why the fuck are they still fixated on WWII names. Come up with new names.

Once you've made hundreds, perhaps more than a thousand types of aircraft there's always going to be some repetition unless you start picking shit names.

>leaks all over the web from various newspapers in the days before an event can't be real because it would make me upset

So what happens when the HUD fails?

You can say that of literally any glass cockpit.

Some heavily subsidized shit program that will come up with a terribly overpriced piece of garbage just to say that "We Iz Eurupe Family!" and to give money to weapon industry kike.

Also just to add, a virtual cockpit doesn't mean there are no instruments or screens in the cockpit, it just means you can fly another aircraft - such a a loyal wingman - while sitting on the ground or in another aircaft.

Yeah, I realize that now. For some reason I thought the canopy was opaque.

"Leaks" whose content has already been denied by Sweden.

Post a denial from the last 48 hours. You're setting yourself up for a might big fall here m8

>every of the "candidates" could join Tempest and the industry base would be still smaller than FCAS

makes you think.Ignoring the fact that Sweden actually must join Tempest at the Air Tattoo next week.

That article and all other ones refer to that Telegraph article.

Wait for the Air Tattoo.

Tornado was a good name which was also used by the other nations too.

But no one called the Eurofighter the Typhoon outside of the UK.

That's retarded, but also mad cool

>Post a denial from the last 48 hours.
OK.

>Publicerad: 06 juli 2019, 15:31 Uppdaterad: 06 juli 2019, 15:45

di.se/nyheter/uppgifter-sverige-ska-utveckla-stridsflyg-med-storbritannien/

I thought it was a stupid idea too, but seeing as I literally woke up five minutes before seeing that picture and critically failing my perception check due to my eyes still being blurry, I did some mental gymnastics and convinced myself that maybe it was for stealth purposes or something.

That's not a denial, that's a government minister saying there's nothing to announce.

You're not going to get anything from government before an announcement date but it's clearly already leaked to multiple defence websites and national newspapers

We've already been over this article in the previous thread - What Swedish MoD Minister has said does not conflict with was has been reported.

The minister even goes on to give his positive few of Tempest and further into the article two different analysts say it is likely for Sweden to join.

>people can't wait for the Air Tattoo next week
>now posting reposts of that one news article.

At that point you may as well not have a cockpit at all, and place the pilot inside an armoured cocoon
Or pilot the whole thing remotely

>hOw DaRE pEoPLe pOsT ABOut wEAponS oN The WeaPOns bOReD tHIS pERSONLly hUrTs mY eGo
Don't like the thread? Ignore it.

Not only smaller, less than half

Looking how the UK tries to get political questionable countries into Tempest.

They are pretty desperate.

Imagine selling your new most advanced fighter to India or Turkey, it would last a couple weeks and then get destroyed by some old soviet surplus or a kid with an AK firing at the sky

India, Turkey, and Japan are all non starters for the Tempest project, it's pure delusion to include them at all.

>Looking how the UK tries to get political questionable countries into Tempest.

Questionable to whom? The UK has good relations with all three of those.

Just because the US thinks it can tell their allies who they can and can't buy weapons from doesn't mean Turkey is suddenly unimportant.

They are on a fulcrum at the moment where they can be drawn closer to the west or rock back to Russia. Someone from the west needs to make some effort to keep them onside.

>Just because the US thinks it can tell their allies who they can and can't buy weapons from
>Thinks

Turkey still bought S400 though didn't they?

And after trump they will still get F35 because normal relations will resume and we'll stop getting these retarded knee jerk PR exercises over Turkey, China, Iran, and trade with everyone. man needs to create daemons to blame.

>And after trump they will still get F35
No, they won't. CAASTA was a bipartisan effort. LM has already done the preliminary work on getting them out of the F-35 program by finding alternate suppliers for Turkish parts.

And the law doesn't actually require Turkey to not get F35's , that was a presidential decision.

No it wasn't, it was a law passed in congress that Trump is enforcing.

You're failing to understand.

CAASTA requires sanctions on nations who are involved with 'hostile' nations. There is zero context in the law for what those sanctions should be.

F35 is not specifically mentioned in the law, it started as a bluff because the US thought Turkey wouldn't actually go ahead with S400.

Turkey still has access to a large range of US weapons and equipment, they haven't been cut off like Iran was after they deposed their puppet government in 1979.

Imagine the seething from the kraut when Sweden actually joins Tempest. His autistic tantrum will be legendary.

>You're failing to understand.
No, that would be you. The Transfer of F-35s to Turkey was blocked by congress in a bipartisan bill of spending until they cancel their order of the S-400. That's in addition to CAASTA.
>after they deposed their puppet government in 1979
Boy do I love takes from double-digit retards. Keep digging that hole.

So you're accepting that CASSTA doesnt mention F35 and that the legislation that stopped the order actully came from Trump? great.

>Boy do I love takes from double-digit retards. Keep digging that hole.

What kind of education have you had if you think the shah was anything other than a western puppet? you must have had a dose of some serious revisionist history.

>So you're accepting that CASSTA doesnt mention F35
Which I never said, congrats on knocking down a strawman.
>and that the legislation that stopped the order actully came from Trump?
No it didn't. He signed the spending bill from congress that prohibits Turkey from getting the F-35, and is now enforcing it. Not wanting Turkey to have the F-35 is bipartisan, which runs counter to your original assertion that Trump and his admin are the only people that don't want Turkey in the JSF program.
>you must have had a dose of some serious revisionist history
Typically, puppets don't cause massive economic crisises in their benefactor states, but I guess we can ignore that in favor of some low-quality Ameriphobic propaganda.

The situation so far. Not pictured: Sweden
Italy is a "maybe" for the Tempest

Attached: Tempest vs NGF.png (588x553, 128K)

>What kind of chart you want?

>Typically, puppets don't cause massive economic crisises in their benefactor states, but I guess we can ignore that in favor of some low-quality Ameriphobic propaganda.

I guess SAVAK being run by the CIA and Mossad was just coincidence?

How did the Shah get into power again? remind us.

That's a pie chart, I think

So even with rockets and airbus France is only 2% larger than the UK?

I'd like to see an up to date chart on defence aerospace, because the UK certainly has it better than anyone else in Europe.

Airbus is a EU company, around 10% of it is owned by France

another nice and related stat en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_aircraft_and_spacecraft_exports

>India
>Aware of their national limitations

Attached: Tejas1.jpg (2000x1125, 340K)

The UK exports designs and components, not whole aircraft.

The UK is clearly in the best position in Europe to actually design and build a jet on it's own.

Everything the UK exports or imports will be massively buttfucked by Brexit

>Saudi Arabia
>Batman aircraft
Uh?

Less then 6 months until superpower now user!

>The UK is clearly in the best position in Europe to actually design and build a jet on it's own.

Attached: anglo thot.gif (408x225, 1.76M)

And a satellite constellation too!

>The UK is clearly in the best position in Europe to actually design and build a jet on it's own.

The UK is about to face severe budget issues due to Brexit. Even in the best case scenario. And you think they'll be able to fund a project like this?

Do I need to remind you what killed all those nice West German projects after re-unification?

Attached: mountaintrials.jpg (1430x749, 396K)

>The UK is about to face severe budget issues due to Brexit.

They really aren't. Even a no deal brexit is about 3% of gdp for a few years until new agreements are in place. and a no deal brexit is not likely.

>They really aren't. Even a no deal brexit is about 3% of gdp for a few years until new agreements are in place. and a no deal brexit is not likely.

Attached: 1354299787882.png (210x214, 16K)

Do Bongs really believe this?

It'll fail. Europe can only be successful in developing a fighter if there is just one program, not competing ones. We've seen this story before.

Pic looks dope for some reason. G11 plus WW2 optics

history shows that the brit projects work

Name a modern combat platform produced in large numbers and used by a lot of countries that was primarily of British design.

At least someone is aware. They for example are paying french 1bn as part of the rafale deal so safran engineers would "give a look" at their totally 100% indigenous jet engine development and get it back on track. Content of the whole gtg package is of course top national sicrit (to avoid top national embarrassment)

Tornado, Harrier, Typhoon.

What is a combat aircraft collaboration in the EU that has been completed and did not have the UK?

NONE OF THOSE COUNT I FUCKING HATE BRITSHITS FUCK OFF I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU

Only the Harrier is UK made there, the rest are multinational projects

The Tornado and Harrier aren't modern and are way out of production. The Typhoon was not primarily British design, even though they were an active contributor.

None. Which current production aircraft have the British done alone? Also none. These countries don't have large enough militaries or budgets to justify having multiple competing fighter platforms. The lesson from this generation is that the French fucked everyone by not getting on board. Why advocate for the British to make the same mistake?

Because muh empire user

UK produces subsystems. They are like in the worst position ever in actually delievering a complete aircraft on its own.

No deal basically means that Airbus must pull out the British wings production somewhere else.

>history shows that the brit projects work

Attached: [Asenshi] Hisone to Masotan - 01v2 [1D196CCD].mkv_snapshot_13.55_[2018.04.14_11.30.28].jpg (1280x720, 134K)

This is why we will always win. we're always confident in our own ability.

This is exactly why we had the largest empire the world has ever seen and why you speak our language.

>This is why we will always win. we're always confident in our own ability.
Imagine believing this while your capital has officially been taken over and Britain goes into full Islamo-Orwellian mode.

>This is exactly why we had the largest empire the world has ever seen
historum.com/threads/mongol-empire-is-the-largest-empire-ever-in-history-british-empire-wasnt.52764/

Attached: 1550008048464.png (894x773, 48K)

You mean American?

I saw "next-gen fighter" and thought it was going to be a supersoldier program at first

COPE COPE COPE YOU SEETHING BRITNIGGER FUCK OFF BACK TO THE UK YOU TOOTHLESS STUPID BONGFAGGOT I HATE BONGS SO MUCH LIMEY TEASIPPING SHITS WE SHOULDVE FUCKING NUKED YOU IN WW2 OR INVADED AND RAPED YOUR SHITTY ISLAND INSTEAD OF GEORGIA FUCK YOU FUCK YOU LEAVE NOW BONGSHIT RETARD

HOLY JESUS look at all that fucking spacing.

Go back to where this kind of posting is the norm you insufferable faggot.

Nobody wants you here.

Maybe the comments section of the following websites would be more your speed:
>janes.com/
>ukdefencejournal.org.uk/

Leave.

Don't come back.

Attached: youhavetogoback.jpg (700x467, 29K)

Double spacing is pretty standard in any kind of real academic work and literally like half the internet does it.

How do you Pajeetoids manage to believe you are relevant? You gutterwater gargling shitholeistanis are nothing more than a overpopulated cashcow. You are the poor mans Saudi Arabia.

Attached: 1561285547953.png (1076x834, 382K)

RENT FREE

>Post bitching about something that existed on Jow Forums before plebbit even existed, and slashdot before that
>Proceeds to do that exact thing in bitchpost