Looking for a 1911

Want to get a 1911, thinking between Rock Island & Springfield but open to other anons opinions. What do you guys recomend? Shot a Springfield Range Officer and loved it.
>Use: Mainly range not a concealed carry piece
Chambered: .45 ACP
>Budget: Fuck it but maybe cheaper since I've bought a few other funs recently...naw Fuck it I'd say $1,000ish

Attached: PI9126LP_1[1].jpg (1200x1367, 222K)

Other urls found in this thread:

springfield-armory.com/products/1911-mil-spec-defenders-series/
thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/
youtube.com/watch?v=hZHOBXu5Bp0
budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/35206
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Say what you want about them, 1911 are super sexy hand gats.

OK...so.... recommendations?
Also: 5in+barrel, no compact 1911s

Get a rock island 1911 they're decent and also not back breaking expensive like some other 1911 manufacturers

>between Rock Island & Springfield
Poor fag detected, I want a substandard gun made in some turd of a country.

Good for you OP

Springfields are solid
RIA isn't bad if you spend more to get up in the catalog, defeating the purpose
just get a springfield loaded and call it a day

This

springfield-armory.com/products/1911-mil-spec-defenders-series/

If your budget is 1000, get something you really want. You don't want a RIA. You're gonna have that 1k, you're gonna spend it on a $500 RIA, and then you're gonna feel a nicer gun and regret it. Fuck Springfields, they're nice guns, but for that budget, you can step it up. No joke, get a Colt, or even a Sig for that price. If the firing pin block is an issue, step it up just a bit more and get the Dan Wesson A2.

Those rock island 1911s are great if you don't know much about guns but want a 1911 for less than 400 bucks. They're kind of crap, crap finish, bad heavy triggers, bad fit, I would avoid.

In that price range you are at gucci used colt territory like a colt railgun or even a gold cup. The other option is to see if there's any sti or Caspian former race guns for sale. The Springfield is a good option though.

CMP 1911 anything else is race gun garbage
thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/

ATI makes an affordable, quality gat. The grips feel amazing, too.

Attached: 1911a.jpg (2500x1406, 1000K)

Anyone done a 1911 "80%" build? Its way more effort than an AR but looks fun (not cheaper, not guaranteed to function)

Never had a sub 400 one but my tac II doesn't have a bad trigger or fit. Shit is probably 3.5 pounds with very little travel.
Can't speak on finish because it is a range gun, and honestly finish is my last concern

SIG makes some mid to upper tier 1911s

Colt Competition

I got a ria 1911 in 45 and the entire front end pf the slide exploded on my second shot with it. I returned to the store i got it from and they were like oh shit sorry heres a different one. So i have a citidel 1911 now

The Colt Gubmint model will do ya. $899 on their website, but you could get a used one for fairly cheap.

Attached: 642871_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 75K)

As far as I can tell the only thing that extra $350 really gets you over this is that pony engraved on the slide. Not worth it imo.

It gets you a nicer finish, a tool steel extractor, AND a pony.

Springfield supports gun control legislation, and some of their manufacturing is done outside the United States.

being a britfag, drooling over 1911s on US trading websites knowing I'll never legally own one, just having a gas blow back air pistol to hold me over until I can relocate. I would attach my M&P 15 .22 but someone got their FAC revoked for posting a picture of them holding their rifle at a range on instagram

Colt uses a lot of MIM, and regardless it's like a $40 part. And have you actually compared the two side by side? What is wrong with the finish on the Springfields?

The only parts that are MIM on Colts are the sear, disconnector, smaller pins, plungers, and mag release button. The Old Roll Mark 1991s had a few more MIM parts but they replaced them with cast or stamped parts as weaknesses showed up through the 90s and 00s.

As to the finish, most Springers are parkerized or stainless. Parkerizing is just lazy and the stainless is usually very uneven with noticeable high spots. Colts have a very even brushed look in both stainless and blue.

>exploded
Shit that never happened for 400, Alex.
Go ahead and post pics

Daily reminder that if the delusional 1911 backers had got their way they would have tried to fly personal helicopters into battle while duel wielding muh two world wars.

Attached: 1911delusion.jpg (1432x1080, 517K)

I was going to buy a sig 1911 but I was told new sig qc was bad or something. Was there a good reason I was told this?

None of these people are dual wielding.

colt

How about Ruger?

Ruger SR1911 is def worth a look

>Ruger SR1911
How is the quality?

holy shit
people back then were completely retarded

I bought a RO compact before I knew better but honestly it's a decent gun, 500+ rounds and it shoots straight no malfunctions.

your guns going to start malfunctioning soon. buy recoilsprings
ria officers springs last 500-1k before they fuck up

I'm really happy with it

This is a great idea.

Why WOULDN'T you want to do this?

>fags unironically recommending Brazilfield Armory

Even if you're willing to ignore that they are gun grabbers, their products are of low quality. Pic related is from Battlefield Vegas' handgun durability report, and it is their box for pistols that are currently down for the count and in need of gunsmith attention to be fixed.

Attached: Battlefield Vegas.jpg (800x600, 188K)

Springfield is gay so buy a used loaded. they are nice

If it has NM for the first two on the serial than it's US made

Remington r1 1911, in my own experience and opinion, are not too bad. They shot even the fortis m dirtiest ammo I feed it, and easy to maintain.

Sure, muh cast frame, but let me ask you: what faults does the cast frame hold? The early colts had cast frames, yet were given to every big swinging dick in Vietnam to 360 no scope every Charlie in the trees.

> he thinks springfield are still made in Brazil

Attached: itachiAmaterasu.jpg (950x581, 61K)

Thanks for the heads up il grab a couple next order.

my friends is great except it does not like hollow points

>delusional
clearly not
youtube.com/watch?v=hZHOBXu5Bp0

>Laugh all you want at my recommendation but understand the genius of it.

It's the Iver Johnson 1911 carbine with removable shoulder stock and 16 inch barrel.

It sounds dumb and stupid and I agree except you buy a standard length barrel detach the stock and boom you have a pistol.
And what's better about this option is you have a pistol frame that can accept a stock and the ability to swap between pistol or carbine.

They used to be like 500 like last year but boomers have bought them up going for a bit more now if you can find them.

Attached: 7-gij01rifle_1.jpg (575x575, 16K)

I have a Colt Pre-68 1911 that still can shoot with the original recoil spring...

I don't use it and have since replaced it, but that's how I got it and its how many other ancient 1911's still work. Springshit can't even make a durable spring.

The stock pictures on Colt's website don't do their guns much justice. When you hold one in your hands and see the features on the finish that can't be picked up well on boomer cameras, then you'll notice.

Officers are different from normal 1911s
Standard govt spring is 5k

Springfields are made in the US now. Is the US a turd of a country?

Here is my take. Not to over stretch you, but if you are at $1000, just go $1200-1500 that's now used les baer and ed brown territory. You wont want anything more, unless you want a bbq gun.

Where you at OP? I've got a STI government sized 1911 that I'm selling for 1k with a ton of extras

Get a ruger. I find them better shooters than a Colt in my opinion. You’re just paying for the name.

You can find this around $500 online, also US made.

Attached: unknown.png (1203x548, 820K)

the trigger, one of the main reasons to get a 1911, is not very good.

I’ll disagree with this. I’ve compared one to a friends colt commander and the trigger felt better to me.

This

budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/35206

Doublestack 10mm 1911? The only thing not to love is the width of the grip.

Jesus christ i want one.