Jow Forums here, what lifts are the most beneficial to a soldier?

Jow Forums here, what lifts are the most beneficial to a soldier?

Attached: 79BDFD2A-8DDB-4CF0-BCC1-26AAD6B68CA6.jpg (621x414, 43K)

Running
Pull ups
Overhead press
Deadlift

Pic related

Attached: Lifting Torah.jpg (3228x2592, 1.4M)

Pullups
Classic body weight exercice
Infinite cardio

Kek

Rucking

isnt that the truth?

1 x 10 mustang burnouts
1 x 3 hambeast pregnancies

Rucking.

Just do what's necessary, unless you're an ultra pog doing your job is your workout.

literally the one you posted. standing row. pulldowns. bench press. every kind of pushup you can imagine: wide arm, diamond, military (palms under shoulders). shrugs. russian twist w/ medicine ball or a kettlebell. turkish getup. preacher curls. bench press. pullups. negatives. medicine ball throws. free climbing. bench press.

Cardio
Never ending cardio
99% of soldiering is walking

spbp

how is bench press useful for soldiering?

Truly the most vain and least functional of the major lifts

Farmers’ carries
Pullups
Box jumps
Power cleans

endurance training is pretty critical because you'll need to be able to manipulate your weapon, carry a load, and navigate obstacles when training.

cheatcurls

Rucking

Dead lift
Squat
Farmer’s Carry
Weighted Pull-ups
Weighted Push-ups
All u really need.

Carry a jew around on your back every day, that's basically your job.

I guess it depends on your mos. Running is always good. Deadlifts. Push ups and pull ups

Squats, cardio, and anything to build your arms enough to stabilize your rifle longer.

Rucking
Squats
OHP
deadlift
Chinups
Everything else is useless and is only done for vanity reasons

calisthenics
and running

Outdoor Cardio with load bearing equipment

Kegels

Running, core compound lifts- especially legs-, various pulls.

Also lunges and other sports related dynamic lifts. It’s important to train single leg lifts to help develop stabilizer muscles. Same thing for your shoulders. It doesn’t just make you stronger, it protects you from injury.

i always read rucking but what is the difference between going for a hike and rucking? t. non military

Attached: d9991992d8ac64ccd435deb88122cef7.jpg (640x427, 36K)

Based rope shooter

Going for hike = fun
Going for military rucking = no fun

This with squat and lot of push ups

>what lifts are the most beneficial to a sprinter?
Squats
>what lifts are the most beneficial to a hiker?
Squats
>what lifts are the most beneficial to keep your bodyfat down?
Squats
>what lifts are the most beneficial to building back, abdominal, quads, and posterior chain all at once in manner that mimics real application and that build the stabilizers you need to carry heavy shit long distances?
Squat
>what lifts are the most beneficial to maintaining a crouched position for long periods of time?
Squats

The answer is almost always squats, poser. Go back to Jow Forums and read the goddamned sticky newfaggot.

Depends on the mo. Seals and Pararescue have dramatically different fitness standards for example.

>Running
I genuinely hate running. I’ve been walking 5-10 miles every night instead.

walking is not a substitute you fat lazy fuck

civilians do one of those, the other is for self-inflicting damage to your spine.

Running is a fucking basic requirement, if you are not running, you will not get better at running. Then, when you actually have to, you will fail and it will be extremely painful.

Checked and keked.

4u

Bait post but I'll answer anyway. It increases your chest, core, and arm strength, which is most of what you use when doing pushups. The heavier you can press, the easier pushup repetitions become.

t. Army

Attached: cia twerk.gif (351x293, 154K)

start running tubby tits, sgt wont give a fuck when you tell him you would rather walk

Attached: !catano.jpg (905x881, 254K)

Fuck, are you a big guy for me?

Ruck your ass off, suck it up and run. you cant soldier without those two.

Ignore the ruckolds
Farmers carries have all the same benefits plus give you big forearms

How much should I be rucking and for how far?
Assuming a fairly level paved surface.

Attached: We just don't know.jpg (326x236, 42K)

>ruckolds

Attached: 1549411438731.jpg (500x394, 29K)

so isometric hold outs.

/thread

Sprints.
Turkish Getups.
Burpies.
Holding your arms out in front of you for a long time.

Oy vey.

Why is he practicing punching in reverse? That doesn't seem very effective.

He isn't actually practicing punching there, but instead moving the weights backwards and forwards, simulating the act of masturbation.
Its very important for morale that soldiers are able to masturbate even in the toughest of conditions, or after extended periods of intense physical activity. A man who can't masturbate is a liability in the field and will become a burden on his team, who must pick up the strain to maintain the effectiveness of the unit.

>what is the difference between going for a hike and rucking?

Hiking = 10-15 lbs of gear on some trails at a leisurely pace for fun

Rucking - 60-110 lbs of gear walking as fast as you can in formation to get from point A to point B ASAP

nice quads but
>10-15lbs
really depends on how long you're out there and what you're doing. hiking can get up to 40lbs or even 60lbs pretty easily. and when it gets cold even more.
water alone is 8lbs for a gallon and you should be bringing a gallon of water on any hike in the summer, minimum.

rucking is bullshit that no one outside of the military should do because it requires you carry a lot of shit you won't even use on the ruck. i say this just so some retards don't go fill some sandbags up to reach the 100lbs of bullshit and then go walk around thinking they're doing themselves any favors.

Isreal thirsts for the goyim blood

>you should be bringing a gallon of water on any hike in the summer
lmao I feel like this isn’t bait but I hike up and back down ~1k feet over a couple miles and I rarely need more than 2 liters. 1.5 hours or so even in 90-100 degree weather

12 miles in about 2 and a half hours should be doable on flat land.

im glad you bring exactly the amount of water you need for your hikes.
oh and
>a couple miles
no shit you don't need that much. you're basically going on a relaxing walk with a backpack, you don't even need extra food for something like that.
"hikers" don't consider a 2 mile hike over the course of 2 hours a "hike" normally, as in they don't go out of their way to do something like that.
i'm surprised you'd even mention that.

not bringing at leat 1 day's worth of water on a solo hike in any weather is not something you should be eager to tell people about, especially for folks who don't normally hike. shit happens. you pack for that shit too.

>90 minute hike
>having an opinion

Lmao ok

Cock push up’s.

>couple miles
>1.5 hours
That isn't a hike

>Truly the most vain and least functional of the major lifts
t. DYEL

Attached: 1562175709211.jpg (1536x1431, 1.41M)

Based and blackpilled.

Running and push-ups.

Doctors will offer this as a surgical procedure in a sterile environment right after birth. Why you would go the route of having some old guy chew off part of your child is beyond me.

it’s almost like you don’t know what going up a mountain is like

The typical standard in an average unit (army) was 35 pounds and mar h12miles at a 4mph pace.

Combat arms units varied but was unofficially heavier weight and faster pace. It was common for 50 plus pounds at a slightly faster pace, if you weren't done with 12 miles I 2 hr 30 min you were a piece of shit.

Alright civie trying to build up to rocking
> put on weight vest and jungle boots
> walk about 4 miles
> knees hurt the next day
What am I doing wrong? Is it my boots? I walked around the neighborhood so on and off concrete and dirt.

100m and 800m sprints
Up-down-go's
Weighted Pullups/chinups
Deadlift
Overhead press/steep (>45*) incline bench
Bulgarian split squat
Calf raises
Rotator cuff/external rotation exercises for healthy shoulders

Deadlift
Clean & Press
Farmer Walks

this is how you become a rucklet

this

SQUATZ. OATZ. 'ASSIT.

Attached: 1559641758494.jpg (324x291, 28K)

You could probably do better than Jungle Boots for sure.

Farmers carries>rucking

God damn i love farmer carrys

Its because youre weak and trying to do too much too fast. Get a good earm up in and do a conplete lung matrix. That shit will prime you and you'll be unstopable.

All about ability to be strong all around in various movement, and explosiveness matters as much or more than outright strenght. If I had to build a basic strength workout, not and RFD workout, for myself it would include some or all of these used alternatively to hit all muscle groups at least x2 per week.

>Sagittal
Hexbar deadlift, low handles preferred.
Alternating back and front squat
Bulgarian split squat
Hexbar OHP, alternating with landmine chest/shoulder press. From kneeling
Hanging leg raises
Weighted pull ups/chin ups as you prefer

>Frontal
One handed farmer's carry
Weighted side lunges
Suitcase deadlift

>Transverse
Sledge & tyre
Power bag twist throws
Landmine oblique twist/tic-toc or woodchoppers
Lunges with a simultaneous plate/kettlebell swing off to one side.

With sprints, LISS and what the Americans call rucking. Then do a rate of force development circuit once per week for explosiveness in all planes.

Attached: predator.jpg (1920x1040, 394K)

Jej
spbp

dubs of truth

based (unfortunately)

Here is my take on it, you need to be able to do the following:
>Pull up own body weight using a rope using upper body strength only
>Crawl on the ground just using your upper arms and legs for majority of movement (keep head down). Sometimes with 80lbs on back. This is where various types of pushups and presses come into play for different muscles.
>Run 5 miles at 10 or better min mile pace
>Walk 10 miles with 80-120 lbs items on you
So to answer your question: All of them. If you get cause because you prioritized one muscle group over another you will have rough times ahead.

Attached: 1558272929522.jpg (800x903, 384K)

What about for a Sailor?

Put me in the screencap.

Farmer walks.

Lung matrix?

>isnt that the truth?
yes, and it is the way and the light

redeem yourself now brother

Attached: carlos.jpg (600x600, 35K)

>I genuinely hate running. I’ve been walking 5-10 miles every night instead.
Unless you walk so intensely, that your heart rate gets high, walking isn't going to prepare you for running.

Squats
Loaded carries
OHP
pull ups
Throw in some deadlifts

Liberally add in Strength endurance sessions, aerobic cardio and anaerobic hiit.

If you want a 'just do this' guide, get Tactical Barbell 1 and 2 and follow the program exactly.

Whats infinite cardio?

Cardio training that never stops

You keep doing it as much and often as you can

Practice your kegels.

>Doctors will offer this as a surgical procedure in a sterile environment right after birth
Not at my hospital.
I work in an obstetric unit and am regularly explaining to parents that it's not medically necessary and don't perform circumcision except under extreme circumstances.
Of course, if they're going to do it anyway then we put then we put them in touch with other doctors who will do it nice and safely but, fuck, please stop, it's not medically necessary.

Compounds.
Use google dipshit. Compounds and cardio. Not that long distance knee destroying cardio, HIIT.
Being able to get the fuck out of a situation fast is way better than being able to jog 10 miles nonstop

50lbs. 8 miles, 2 hrs

>Why you would go the route
of having anyone multilate a baby's penis?

Anything that strengthens and protects your knees

You cocksucking welfare queen faggot.

>t. chicken legs