Dui while armed?

I was drinking a beer while driving my truck through the middle of fuckin nowhere, NC. on my way to the second campsite of a 3 night offroading/camping trip. I had my rifle in the camper action locked open unloaded. See signs for gorges state park, decide fuck it ill stop by and jump in the creek real quick. Pull in, two cops are helping people park and immediately ask me if I need help and they clearly see the beer I was drinking. I had had maybe 3 sips. They pull me over and search my shit luckily I don't do any drugs so I was in the clear there. I wasn't acting like a nig so they didn't breathalyze me and let me keep my gun. I got charged with firearm possesion in state park and consuming while driving with the BAC part of the ticket left blank so I guess thats just gonna get thrown out. both are class 3 misdemeanors in my state. I cant even find any laws about consuming while driving, just the bigboi DUI or simple open container. Am I fucked? I asked if I was gonna get v& by alphabet boys and they told me no, but I'm still scared of whatever fine they are gonna slap on me. Pic related is the area I was in which is the only reason I'd ever drink and drive in the first fucking place, its literally just gravel roads and offroading trails to remote campsites. Please convince me not to commit suicide. Thank you.

Attached: woods.png (946x656, 1.29M)

You'll be fine. Show up for court. Be a good citizen. Class 3 misdemeanor won't impact your life. What you end up with could be even way less if you are upstanding and responsible. So just summer down. Don't do anything stupid.

forgot to add I wasn't arrested or even cuffed.

And get a lawyer who's good enough to ease things a bit. Public defenders don't do shit, but don't represent yourself either

They will write a number in the bac slot, ... Because reasons, start welding

Attached: 1559660340635.jpg (2847x3038, 1.3M)

You are consulting Jow Forums for legal advice? You're a retard. On top of the retarded shit you just pulled there. I hope you rot.

>don't drink and drive
>don't let open container of what appears to be alcohol be seen
>don't let cops search you or your vehicle

Please stop being a faggot

It'll show up every time you apply for a job. I got a public intoxication ticket (not even a dui or anything) and I couldn't find a job for years since it always popped up on background checks.
If you don't get outright fired from your job you'll probably be okay as long as you hold down your job and not get in any trouble for a while to prove it was a once off incident lapse in judgement.

Don't expect you'll be able to find a new job anytime soon though. Especially if you wanna switch jobs or find a second one. Unless you got a really particular skill set that's highly in demand you're never going to hear back from anyone.

i hope yo parents die

This, OP. Pay now or you'll pay a fucking hell of a lot more later. Lawyer up, even if it means selling something off.

>can own guns
>can’t drink a beer whilst driving

US government really hates freedom. Without constitutional rights you’d be fucked.

>I cant even find any laws about consuming while driving

I think you might be absolutely retarded

He's asking Jow Forums for legal consul, of course he is.

your a pretty dumb bastard for having an open container.

period.

I can't convince you - you got caught doing literally the dumbesst shit i have ever heard.

FUCK!!!!!

man thats fucking retarded

I drink a beer literally every time I'm driving back from getting beer

Attached: D90A7350-4092-4019-AB4B-93ACFEB76BF5.png (235x215, 88K)

Open container != public intoxication. I got the former in college and have never had any problems because of it.

OP, listen up: whatever you do, get a lawyer. This court case could have a real impact on your future life, it is worth every investment that you can make right now. Trust me when I say this, I am a lawyer (corporate lawyer, but still) and see clients fucking up their case all the time, even when it's quite solvable, because they didn't think they'd need a lawyer.

also, keep us updated

White collar college kids get away with most everything unless it's a massive scandal. OP sounds blue collar. If you're blue collar you can get incredibly fucked over by stuff like this.

LAWYER LAWYER LAWYER LAWYER

a good lawyer is worth the money, they might be able to disappear the whole thing and keep it off your official record. DO NOT ADMIT TO ANYTHING.
DO NOT SHOW UP TO COURT WITHOUT CONSULTING A LAWYER.

In case you missed it..

LAWYER LAWYER LAWYER LAWYER LAWYER LAWYER LAWYER LAWYER

I didn’t get away with anything if that’s what you’re implying. It’s just a ticket for the open container. Not sure about the firearm possession shit

First and foremost: Stop committing crimes.
>inb4 you marginalize drinking and driving

If you insist on committing easily avoidable crimes like open container and DUI have legal counsel readily available.

>I wasn't arrested
A criminal citation is an arrest.

I have a .15 DWI and I own a silencer which I bought after the fact. You’ll be fine.

This is true. Got hit with a super speeder in GA which means that in addition to the $200+ I had to pay the municipality I also had to pay the state another $200 on top of that. Would've had a bunch of points added on my license and paid more insurance too. Got a lawyer, got it dropped to a Malfunctioning Equipment charge and it dropped the extra $200 and the points. Cost me more short term but gonna save me money over the course of a few years

just never to back to that state, and don't worry about it.

.2 here nerd

I refused to blow lol

LMAO ticketed in NC in a state park? Open container while operating a vehicle AND a firearm violation. You won't get a visit from the ATF but you need to come to terms with one thing:
Nigger you are *FUCKED*
Absolutely no questions about it. Anyone saying otherwise knows jack fucking shit.
Anyone saying to lawyer up is 100% correct.
Good luck you stupid fuck.

Get the best damn criminal defense lawyer you can find.

Lmao dumbasses and alcoholics(not mutually exclusive) deserve to get shit on for doing dumb shit.

All drunks should wrap themselves around the nearest tree. I'd say utility pole, but drunks inconvenience enough people already without knocking out someone's power while EMTs bag what's left of their skull and grey matter from the surrounding area.

You drank and drove with a gun in the car in a state park? Are you fucking retarded? If you get off of ANY of these charges you should thank your lucky stars. I know someone who was driving through a park with a hangover and no gun in the car and they got hammered by the court. You are a fucking dipshit.

Yeah I call bullshit on this one.

You can refuse, I told him I believed it was against my 4th ammendment right against unlawful search. I got an implied consent dui anyway.

Your out $5 to $8 grand most of it for the damn lawyer. Aren't cops great!

Attached: giphy (1).gif (498x278, 642K)

It will show up when your 13 year old nephew or the lady across the street does one of those background checks on the web for $9 for unlimited checks for a year. Hey Uncle I thought you said you where fighting nazis in the ware. " But it Says here you a dumb drunk in that time frame Uncle whos lying"

The whole concept of the DUI in the last 29 years has been to get peoples data into the NSA files, through finger prints, mug shots, incarceration, Now its Retinal Scans Blood Draws for DNA.... We truly have a bunch of mad scientist manipulating a majority of peoples lives for the worse. And its an enormous Boondoggle business for the local economy especially lawyers, judges, cops and administration

Attached: 1548211781363.jpg (2048x1271, 561K)

>I wasn't acting like a nig
>drinking while driiving

ok faggot

I hope they do take your guns because you're a fucking retard

Being stupid should be expensive, glad things worked out here.

one beer isn't drunk driving and there's nobody to kill while doing 20mph on some muddy offroad trail in the mountains. NAP has been upheld. If it pleases the crown ass niggas in this thread make me disappoint

Drunk people on the roads is one of the most common resons for random innocent people to be killed in traffic. Owning gun is a totally different story as there is zero chance of it doing any harm unless loaded, aimed and fired with intention.

Damn cops, can't believe they made him drink and drive!

>one beer
Every DUI driver says they had 1-2 beers. It's a common lie.
>nobody to kill
Nigger, he opens his story by saying there were so many people at the park Law Enforcement needed to step in to ensure they safely parked.

>this based and free man post will be ignored

The police officer literally told me that I couldn't legally be charged with driving under the influence or even the lesser charge of DWI because I was clearly sober as a stone. One open beer that was completely full. I bet my bac was 0 but they didn't even give a shit to find out, on 4th of july weekend when they are berated by superiors to give out as many duis as they can. I wasn't fuckin drunk or id have a dui right now

Post your citation and I'll believe you, rummy.

Op delivers, assfaggot

Attached: FDB4B9CB-96D2-47BC-B3B1-B98D84BFC14E.jpg (2592x1936, 1.33M)

>NAP
Wew lad lmfao

post the part with blank BAC, make a copy of it too just in case they do try to fuck you over later and fill it in.

Get a lawyer. I'd say you have significant mitigating circumstances and can probably get off completely, if you get a lawyer.

NC LEO here. What the fuck are you on about mitigating factors? If it is as OP stated its cut and dry. Best he can hope for is that the DA is nice to him and offers to drop one of the charges, but since it sounds like the OP probably does this regularly he likely has a history of minor convictions or charges that would probably disinclined the DA to do so.

Neither of those charges are particularly serious, but they're not the type that normally just get tossed either.

Since OP got two charges, he's probably going to eat at least one. What he can do instead, if he has no record, is ask for a prayer for judgment continued on the gun charge, eat the open container charge, and go on with his life. After he pays the court costs on the gun charge it will show as a dismissal on record checks in the future, and for employment prospects an open container charge is easier to explain away than a gun charge, even if the gun charge is pretty innocuous.

Another issue is the NC statute governing concealed carry also prohibits carry while drinking. The exact text is something about having alcohol in the body, its gs 14-145 or 14-415 or something (I don't write chickenshit tickets for that sort of garbage)

So while nothing the OP did is too serious, I don't really see him beating both charges without some additional information that wasn't provided. An attorney might can get it magicked away but that's going to depend on the county and how laid back they are (read: how much of a good old boy system the attorneys benefit from), as these are misdemeanors and not traffic citations.

>post on weapons board
>worship NAP

pottery