Luftwaffe lol

What is the role of the trainer double seater fighter jets in wartime? Lets say the airforce has to scramble all their jets one day, will the double seaters be manned with two men or just one?

Attached: Payerne-Eurofighter-13.jpg (1921x770, 1.27M)

Continue training pilots to replace the ones who get shot down?

>What is the role of the trainer double seater fighter jets in wartime?

To train people.

There wont be any training hours for new pilots when all jets have to defend the Vaterland.

can't you fit most of the same armament on them? just put a pilot in and send it off to fight.

>What is the role of the trainer double seater fighter jets in wartime?
Training new pilots
Assuming it isn't a nuclear war, where you wouldn't have the time to train new pilots

congrats you just discovered the same idiot logic that caused germans to lose the last war

have fun being subhuman trash you fucking retarded kraut fags

Obviously throwing inexperienced pilots into single seater jets is the way to go, amirite????

Thats funny, because I am whiter than you Jamal.

I can't speak to Luftwaffe Eurofighter's, but often the second seat is used for a Weapon's System Officer who operates the sensors and weapons. This lessens the workload of the pilot and allows them to focus on flying the jet.

I know this is the case on the F15E. What I'm uncertain of is if it also true for the F15D and FA18F platforms.

Not in the Typhoon it isn't. Tyhoon has automation and suchlike to aid the pilot in that, voice controls etc. No need for the second seat in combat.

It's purely a training element.

That SAID, there's no reason it couldn't be used to take workload off like the F15E, it's set up for it. Just it isn't the intention, or how it's used.

to be fair the Germans did that from 1955 to 1980 except with 17 yearolds and no manuals because cheap.

did the germans really put 17 year olds into fighter jets or is this some bullshit

You must spend your whole life indoors in front of the computer to be that pasty

>Germans train people
Wouldn't be the first time, am I rite? :DDD

Attached: summercamp for people who lost their foreskin.jpg (1129x752, 206K)

>"why are you repeating the same mistakes of history?"
>"WELL YOU AREN'T FUCKING WHITE"

lmao typical kraut nigger

Some countries took longer to learn the "enlisted pilots are a bad idea" lesson than others.

I mean surely they had to have some kind of flight training before flying a real fighter jet solo, right?

>learning to fly a jet is hard

Attached: 1558646351724.jpg (3504x2336, 3.69M)

didn‘t they train the m262 Pilots by having an experinced Pilot in the front and an unexperinced Pilot sit behind him to learn from him?

most Me 262's didn't have two seats. only the two-seat trainers did, and those were rare. wiki says most pilots' first flight was in the single seat variant with no instructor.

The hijackers didn't need to learn how to take off and land. Those are the hardest parts of flying.

Well i was just thinking it could be useful to have a 2nd pair of eyes in the Cockpit thats all.

>it could be useful to have a 2nd pair of eyes in the Cockpit thats all.

not really, unless that person has a job to do. F14's for example had two seats because the guy in the back was the one working the radar that guided missiles to their targets. carrying all that weight associated with a second person just to have another person to look out the window isn't worth it, especially in the modern era where you virtually every engagement is beyond what you can see with your eyeballs anyway.

German pilots were always officers

When you think about training modern pilots and building modern fighters takes far too much time to realistically replenish them during a war.

The 262 was not given to pilots fresh from the academy but to battle hardened Luftwaffe Aces, many of them have been awarded the Knights Cross before.

Attached: nowotny.jpg (604x330, 137K)

That is not true. In WW2 and in the early days of the Bundeswehr Luftwaffe you could be a pilot in the non commissoned officers career.
Today this is an option for helicopter pilots of the Luftwaffe. "Basisausbildung Feldwebel im Flugdienst an der Offizierschule"

>Lolwaffe

Everything single seaters are used for, but generally used more for airstrikes and recon missions. Less pilot workload and back seat guy can focus on managing air to ground armament, sensors and stuff like ECM systems.
Yes. Generally until 4th generation fighters twin seat versions of single seat fighters were conversion trainers that usually sacrificed radar to accommodate second pilot. Since 4th generation twin seat versions have all the same avionics and usually they sacrifice internal fuel capacity to make room for another seat in cockpit.

NCOs can be helicopter pilots in the UK's Army Air Corps too. Can't really begin the process until you're at least recommended for promotion to Cpl. at your home unit though.
Then it usually takes a year or more before you appear before the pilot selection board and if you pass that, maybe another couple of years before you are called up to start flight training.

Bit different thing if mission airstrike or recon. Also another guy to confirm target might help preventing friendly fire and shit.

Just train them to lower standards.
Learning to fly isnt *THAT* hard

3-4th Gen Aircraft often have a backseater to operate the many subsystems needed to properly operate the aircraft.

We are seeing this become less popular with the 4.5 EuroTriangles and beyond due to the far better automation/weapon computers that can do much of the work of a backseater at a vastly reduced cost. Hence trainers being the only real use for 2 seaters going fowrward.

Okay Abdul

There'd still be those already in the pipeline. And if a war is lasting years, keeping the pipeline going would be important

sure but you still have to train people to fly it, especially since it was the first jet any of them had ever seen

Most of 4.5 gen EuroTriangles have had order adjustments for more twin seat planes than originally planned instead of single seat planes. Same goes on with Super Hornet. There are actual benefits for having that other guy onboard. The 2nd guy in cockpit helps avoiding boredom without filling radio frequencies with pointless chatter.

That’s half their airforce be kind