What does Jow Forums prep for?

What events does Jow Forums prep for and how ready are you for it? I split my preps into two categories personally:

>Short term
Riots, flooding, terrorism, extreme weather
>Long term
Plague, water crisis, Carrington event, civil war.

Short term I figure will last 3 weeks or less, for which I feel relatively prepared right now. I've got two months of food/water set aside (2kcal/person/day, 2gal/person/day, appropriate supply of wood/propane), a decent supply of medical gear, a good supply of hygene items (toilet paper, baby whips, paper towels, soap, bleach, kitty liter, buckets, etc), a good supply of tools, and a good stockpile of firearms/ammo (long gun + pistol for every person I plan to have around and ~20k rounds). Long term is more of an issue, these are the events that could last several months to years. I'm particularly concerned about a water crisis and plague. Aquifers are essentially non-renewable and most agriculture in the US is dependent on them. At this point we have severely depleted several (see pic) in important food growing areas in the US and many cities are somewhat dependent upon them for drinking water. With water being the scarce resource this is a pretty tricky one to prep for because obviously I don't have the ability to store the enormous amount of water needed to survive a severe water shortage that could stretch on for years. Plague/civil war/Carrington event are more straight forward, I feel I just need more of what I already have in addition to more farming gear/seeds for the Carrington event. I'd put myself at 8/10 for short term and 3/10 for long term, how do you rate your preps?

Attached: aquifer subsidence CA.jpg (533x776, 53K)

Pro Tip user:

Don't bother looting on the first night/week, just pick off other people like a vulture.

Vultures have no predators.

owls, hawks, and eagles prey on vultures

>Prepping for water shortages
Best option I can suggest is a secluded plot of land with a large pond/lake on it. That should give you enough water to drink, perform a reasonably amount of gardening, and can be stocked with fish to supplement food. The only other option I can think of is some sort of rain collection system feeding into a below ground cistern, which seems impractical, expensive, and possibly illegal depending on where you live.

>What events does Jow Forums prep for

niggers

>and how ready are you for it?

try me and find out

Reminder that stocking tens of thousands of rounds of ammo is pointless and the money could be put to far better uses. In a situation is which you'd need to protect yourself you'll never live long enough to expend even a small fraction of it if you're getting into constant, protracted firefights.

Attached: ce62c28212a686ca9585acc7e885f00c.jpg (430x430, 30K)

The government will eventually come for our guns and anime tiddies, and when that day comes I shall be prepared

Attached: 236758.png (1098x1600, 312K)

You ever think that maybe ppl stockpile for their group? If my entire family came together for a shtf scenario (we all live relatively close to one another) there would be almost 30 fucks here, handing one of them a rifle and 1k of ammo can be useful as shit. Also good to stockpile incase your state turns into cali 2.0 with ammo tax, waiting periods, etc.

>If my entire family came together for a shtf scenario (we all live relatively close to one another) there would be almost 30 fucks
I don't think that's the case for the majority of preppers. Preppers tend to be individualists and usually prep for their family and possibly a small number of extended family members. I'd bet the average group size would be 4-6 people, which could easily get by on 5-10k rounds for most conceivable scenarios.

Based MonMusu Poster

Based MonMusu bro

Damnit Capcha

THEY SHANT GET MY ASSAULT RIFLES BIG OLE MAGAZINES AND BIG OLE MONSTER GIRL TIDDIE MANGA!

Attached: 1477108239003.png (825x928, 1.29M)

I have a pool. Short of fallout or ash clouds I think I’ve got water covered.

I been prepping after going through Katrina, you'd be surprise how common it is for preppers to set up a "community" with not just family, but with friends and other like minded people, specially if your Mormon like myself (we literally prep for the end of days). Most groups will be between 4 to 6 people, which can easily be just your parents and a few siblings, throwing on a few friends you can trust, that number grows by just a few. In all reality between a group of 10, 5k rounds of assorted rifle and pistol would be way more than enough, way more. Any scenario outside of you even needing 1k rounds to be ready is probably worst case and you'll probably die along with your group. My ammo prep is just for gun grabbers who finally realize they can't get rid of the gun, so they put all these stupid laws into place for ammo. Like in cali where you have to pay for a background check for the ammo, can't have shit mailed to you either, so ammo becomes very fucking expensive, seeing as I usually let off like 2k plus rounds in a month, I dont want some one cucking me of my ability to shoot.

the day i can't buy any more guns.

Helll yeah bro

Attached: JPEG_20190628_144952.jpg (4032x2268, 2.19M)

hell gate opening over yellowstone. the media will say it is a supercaldera eruption. Demons will be invading and raping/killing everyone.

Lets be real. They're not "high capacity magazines". Their "normal capacity".

alternatively you could live on the coast and build a solar still.

FREEEEEEDDDDOOOOOMMMMMM!
Im talkin caskets and drums m80

Attached: 9857654768.jpg (850x566, 314K)

This. My family owns a few dozen acre adjacent to each other. While most of us have moved away, in a shtf situation only my cousins in the military are to far to drive home.
All told they’d be about 20 people in 4 houses. With a stocked lake and a pool on the property we’d be set for water and even fresh fish for a while.
Between my cousins and I we have at least 40 guns and a few thousand rounds of ammo.

This is now a monster girl thread

Attached: mia snake.jpg (920x518, 38K)

>imagine not having friends

How does that bikini bottom work? she's solid down there so shouldn't it just flap around and not stay in place?

might be attached to a piercing. or some sorta insert

>How does that bikini bottom work?
hax

I have about 8-10 non-family that will head to my house. 7-9 family on top of that. I have the space no not a huge deal but my septic line will not like it. I do want to move down south and get some more acres of land with a farm house in the next 10 or so years.
Food, water (well), guns and ammo are not an issue as much as sleeping areas, toilet paper and any medication requirements. Need to work on my heating as well for winter.

Attached: 1553909542656.gif (500x500, 34K)

Attached: 1470255626304.png (741x457, 47K)

>water being scarce
maybe don't live in a fucking desert retard

Attached: jsGcXp9.jpg (548x960, 52K)

Utah btfo

>stockpiling one of the few non-depreciating goods that are patently useful in bad situations is useless
ammo is right next to fuel, lighters, smokes, and alcohol in terms of barter value, retard

>Water crisis, Plague, Carrington Event, Riots, Terrorism
lol urbanites BTFO. Hows Jew York now you dumb yuppie?

>Flooding
My property is a hill and a bit of the land surrounding the basin of said hill, and my house sits smack on the top.

>Extreme Weather
Live in a state where the worst is strong winds and freezing rain/hail.

>Civil War
My property is a hill at the end of a culdesac with dense, dense woods surrounding the rest of the 3/4ths of the property. House has a perfect bay-window vantage point looking straight down the road of the culdesac. Good luck getting to me with less than an armored vehicle (raod approach) or without running a chainsaw in close proximity of the property for a good duration of time.

Basically just live in a rural area in a non-shitty state and own more than an acre of land and you'll be fine.

Attached: Preds.jpg (1676x939, 996K)

>My property is a hill at the end of a culdesac with dense, dense woods surrounding the rest of the 3/4ths of the property

I would mortar the shit out of your location until you came out waving the white flag.

So you're going to do that either behind me where you wouldn't be able to see anything for miles thanks to trees, or you'd do it in front of me where I can see literally for miles thanks to hill.

Next.

Lmao owned him

>Lets trade ammo so people can us it to shoot at us later.
Yeah, great idea kid.

Dumb question, how do you remove the chlorine?

>specially if your Mormon like myself
Pants on head retarded

No, it isn't, fuck off to your containment board.

These people are fucking idiots my man. The idea isn't to build an impregnable fortress, it's to make them pick someone else's house. Your setup sounds comfy as fuck.

basete

Midwest in a midsized town acutally. You'd be surprised how dry areas can get in the summer/winter. It's to the point you'd struggle to grow anything or just have drinking water without access to a lake or stored water if the mains went dry.

>implying the majority of Americans are actually willing to take up arms while currently living in relative comfort to fight a civil war.
The only war that we would ever see in America would be regional conflicts at worst, small insurgent/partisan cells being a nuisance at best. All out Nationwide civil war won't happen unless something incredibly retarded happens. Like a President going full gestapo all at once or some dumb unrealistic shit.

>Like a President going full gestapo all at once or some dumb unrealistic shit.
Have you seen the shit the entire Democratic field wants to do? The vast majority of them want to do the day of the grab with an executive order among other fantastically retarded shit. This is what we are going to be getting in either 2020 or 2024, it's only a matter of time.

I’m prepping for one of my neighbors to go off his meds again because for the week he was taking it he felt completely fine so doesn’t need to take it anymore. Then go out and assault someone in the neighborhood again. Last time he was arrested it was for screaming threats at kids exiting a school bus.

First off, you're implying that even half of the shit they spew would ever actually fly and wouldn't immediately be shot down in congress or by the Supreme court. Second, even with some of the really stupid shit they say that actually has a chance of going through, like lax border policy and retarded identity politics shit. A large part of the American population would support it. On top of that, even people that vehemently appose it, still wont do shit about it, because again. People only ever get really uppity when they have nothing to lose and there current way of life is shit and requires change. Most people will still be able to have food water shelter and be able to watch Monday night football, even with these retarded policies. So because of that, any resistance that actually happens, if it even does, would be either small warbands of autists camping in the woods ambushing police patrol cars, or small scale regional conflict. While the rest of America just keeps on going.

The fact that 99% of the shit the Democrats say is supported and applauded, much less even fucking allowed should be a tip off of how retarded most the population actually is. "Safety over freedom". We're already living in a Brave New World, might as well incorporate some 1984 in there as well.

Attached: collapse.jpg (624x658, 55K)

And where the fuck are you gonna get that you retard?

>IRA Mk15 barracks buster

Man that sucks, I'm midwest too but I can hardly dig 3 feet without hitting my water table.

Ayyy what's good Bug-in brother.

Attached: Echo_Base.jpg (2000x1500, 1.18M)

Last was meant for

>be me
>shit hits the fan
>go to nearby hill
>contingency plan
>dig trenches with bros, small sheds made
>anyone that tries to go up the hill gets Vietcong style ambush

By the way
>Pennsylvania
>north of philly: niggers
>most population lives in valleys: flooding
>growing tornado crises
>Hurricanes can cripple the states old infrastructure (fuck you PennDOT)
>Were called the Keystone State for a reason

Has sticky pads that attach and need to be replaced.

Unemployment and bad weather.

Been laid off before and it took me longer to find a new job than anticipated. Lived off relatives and credit. It fucking sucks, next recession I want to be able to ride out without having to worry about groceries or warmth.

Bad weather, I'm a leaf, I've seen some everything from tornadoes to ice storms, all kinds of blackouts and floods. Mostly though being snowed in, it's happened before, it's not the worst but if you NEEDED even one thing you'd be fucked and I don't want to be stuck in that position.

I prep for economic collapse, i'm afraid of gas being $17 a gallon, a loaf of bread being $30, my landlord charging $7000 a month, my money being worthless, stores running out of food, you think farmers have it rough now? Imagine if their water costs 8x as much, we fuck over the people who feed us HARD, I did a thread a couple weeks back asking what Jow Forums does for work and I can confirm that our farmers get FUCKED over hard, that's why when I built a wall in my basement to make a den I filled it with canned food, easy long term storage that I can forget about, and fuck trying to store 1000 gallons of water, why the fuck should I store that when I could store 100,000 worth of water filtration in 1/6th the space, ideally i'd store ~300 gallons and filter while using that supply to replenish as I go

>and this our grown son
>he has hobbies...

Attached: tenor (14).gif (360x346, 170K)

MOM WHAT THE FUCK NO GIRLS ALLOWED

this, we are all pretty much doomed within a decade
snake magic

Attached: 1479326692335.jpg (1280x1149, 327K)

Global pandemic

>carrington event
I think about this shit all the time, specifically events similar to it that must have happened even further back in time. One could only imagine the utter hysteria for weeks if not months or years to follow if it happened during, say, medieval times

If even as little as 10% of our farmers decided as a whole to go on "strike," we would be nominally fucked.
However there are MANY people in the chain above them that ensures this wont happen. We're not the only people that eat our food, you know. We sell and gift a lot of it to other countries.

this. If we remove currency then people will trade using food and water, not bullets. Not initially at least.
But past the food and water stage, people will use currency again. Be it bitcoin (the only one that matters), gold, silver or just one made by a local bank. Hoarding bullets for shtf is just plain stupid.

Attached: zCtGHp3Ce221.png (300x250, 40K)

>bitcoin
for chumps, shit is fiat just like government greenbacks

I would just chuck a couple of road flares in the woods and come back a week later to poke around the ashes.

Worst event I've had to deal with was a 10 day power outage due to a freak snow storm back in '08. Ironically, the night it hit I was supposed to be heading to a local park for my scout troops winter camp out. The storm dumped about 2-1/2 to 3 feet of snow in my area. My mom, dad, little sister and I were fine, just bundling up and exercising a bit, keeping the taps running to prevent pipes freezing up, had gas for the stovetop (electric igniter for the oven, so no chance to really passively heat. We were taking care of my moms mom, who was bedridden. Moving her to an ambulance wpuld probably have resulted in her catching pneumonia. Was a bad 10 days trying to keep her room warm, and her clean, and well nourished.

So, less any infirm immediate family:
- job loss (aiming for 6 months expenses and typical "pleasure" expenditure in em.fund, with 30 days in cash on hand in case of bank issues/frozen accounts/bank runs
-housing crisis 2.0 electric boogaloo - I have cash saved for a down payment, I'd gladly take advantage of another '08 housing crash and buy 3 homes to turn into rentals. My parents home is paid off.
-flooding. I live halfway up a tall hill. Water and sewage would be out qith prolonged or major flooding, especially if a lock/dam were to fail up river. Sewage backups have happened due to sudden massive rains (>2" in an hour) so I have one of those inflatable plugs and a set of cow birthing gloves by the last cleanout so I can block any back-surge in the sewage drain line. This would be done preventatively in a long term situation.

I'll bless stuff to that

>the day of the grab with an executive order
Obama spent 8 years with a team of crack lawyers, trying to do just that. They found that there was no way it could be done with an EO. If a Dem manages to get into the White House, if they do some of their knee jerk EO bullshit, it’s gonna get stopped cold by the Ninth Circuit.

Or, alternately, they talk a good game on the campaign trail and then make the same discovery Obama did. Then they have to tell their base they can’t do what they promised.

>bitcoin
Stops working if the grid is down, for whatever reason. Relying on e-anything during shtf is Darwinism in action.

this

The big one as far as I am concerned is a major plague. After that, a major nuclear event. Not so much a war strike as a terrorist initiated event that gets the major countries in a panic in a matter of minutes. Third, a breakdown of electric infrastructure from a successful hacking attack.

Alpha plan: stay at home where most of my resources are
Backup plan 1: Go to my cabin, which is well stocked for SHTF. It used to be a small farm and could be one again.
Backup plan 2: head for one of several close relatives. It would more likely be in order to give help than ask for it.
Backup plan 3: head for the hills. Got a lot of BOB gear. I realise this is the desperate option.