How did he survive all those close shaves?

How did he survive all those close shaves?

Attached: juenger-DLA-tisch-DW-Politik-Stuttgart-jpg.jpg (1024x1001, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.io/search.php?req=howard fertig
warosu.org/lit/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=fertig
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Luck

Near the obliterated remains of the village of Guillemont his platoon took up a front line position in a defile that had been shelled until it consisted of little more than a dip strewn with the rotting corpses of predecessors. He wrote:

As the storm raged around us, I walked up and down my sector. The men had fixed bayonets. They stood stony and motionless, rifle in hand, on the front edge of the dip, gazing into the field. Now and then, by the light of a flare, I saw steel helmet by steel helmet, blade by glinting blade, and I was overcome by a feeling of invulnerability. We might be crushed, but surely we could not be conquered

Attached: 1531512045145.jpg (331x506, 75K)

luck, quick thinking, and skill at arms

Attached: french occupation of the ruhr 1923.webm (718x404, 2.62M)

You know he's seen hell. That thousand yard stare

>How did he survive all those close shaves?
Somebody had to.

Attached: German_soldiers_on_rim_of_crater_with_camouflaged_M1916_helmets_Gew98_rifle_WW1.jpg (2496x1551, 2.74M)

First time noticing that child expediently correcting himself

Ernst Junger is a Man among Men, I admire that man

propaganda, lies, etc

Why exactly do the French have a problem with people wearing hats?

Apparently that was recorded during the funeral procession of a French officer.

>expecting people to respect occupiers
>getting buttmad when they don't
Ah, arrogance.

Its ww1. Also the gentlemen wearing the hat appear to be of conscript age (or atleast the age that man would have lied and joined).

Shouldn't it be going backwards?

No, this was taken during the French Occupation of the Ruhr in 1923. It says so in the filename.

>That part of the book where he describes bones, rifles and equipment being unearthed by shelling
>All the rifles and equipment read, "1914"
>It's 1918
That part really hit me.

Attached: 1550598581589.jpg (2865x2314, 1.54M)

>How did he survive all those close shaves?
Gillette

What was life like for the average person before the Great War? What was it like for the urban person? What was it like for the rural person?

T. Frenchman.

18 carat run of good luck

That's what you get for dismantling hand grenades for recreation.

Bet that's what Hopeville thought, then they exploded.

German war pride is so good. There’s an account of them marching through Belgium in WW1, and a passerby describes it as an endless sea of grey steel, perfectly uniform and nonstopping. Marching was like thunder and it went on for like four days because their entire 1.4 million army was moving through one tiny ass town

Checked and based.

Junger survived because he knew exactly what he was beyond doubt: a warrior fighting for his people and his homeland.

He wasn't a super soldier. He wasn't a psychopath. He was a average man who fully embraced the life and destiny of a warrior and a leader.

He also must have been fairly tough. Dude got shot like 8+ times. With .30+ cal battle rifles no less.

>A runner from a Württemberg regiment reported to me to guide my new platoon to the famous town of Combles, where we were to be held in reserve for the time being. He was the first German soldier I saw in a steel helmet, and he straightaway struck me as the denizen of a new and far harsher world… Nothing was left in his voice but equanimity, apathy; fire had burned everything else out of it. It’s men like that that you need for fighting.

Attached: 9eVBAJE.png.jpg (500x364, 35K)

Don’t you think they would of stopped for a rest and maybe sleep at night ?

>being mad when occupiers tell you what to do
Ahh delusion

I remember this quote. It stuck with me.

To be a man in those times was to be a man among men.

You know how I know you're all autistic? because all of you are talking about this guy with intimate knowledge whereas the regular person doesn't know who he is nor what he did. The lot of you.

Replying to a half a thread should be bannable honestly

Attached: 1467165117687.jpg (500x375, 25K)

They did but only when they were already in Belgium. Unlike France who already fortified it's border in 1907 and basically were ready to fight defensively and agressively (Plan XIII), Germany knew they could only win in a moving war since they needed 89% of their resources imported and never really prepared for war like France or Belgium did.

>A 'regular' person doesn't know who Ernst Junger is because they don't read books and are generally ignorant of most things in life

>Therefore you guys suck

This whole comment smacks of you being insecure and sensitive about your own ignorance, and lashing out at your betters, rather than bettering yourself.

KYS.

What book? Source pls?

His name is in the thread and he has one book very well known. If you give me another (you) I'll tell you but only if you say pretty please. Or... you know... just look it up :^)

safety razor

pretty please?

Storm of Steel or in german In Stahlgewittern.

Where can I get the 1929 edition? The only one I can find is the Hoffman translation that is apparently all butchered.

which is the best translation of the book to read (preferably no censor)

Do you not know where you are

This one is good and uncensored, its the original edition translated
libgen.io/search.php?req=howard fertig
warosu.org/lit/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=fertig

Regular people are stupid retards who don't know anything besides that flying suit man killed evil purple gold hand man.

thanks, user

Just one of the lucky ones.

Attached: Ernst Junger.png (283x365, 159K)

how is replying to 20 posts NOT autistic?

WWI related anyone that has time for a lengthy podcast, Blueprint for Armageddon by Dan Carlin is amazing.

Attached: 1904 map.jpg (4000x3033, 3.55M)

the average person is a driveling servile moron

There was an entire generation of men writing about their millions of dead comrades and going "please never pull this bullshit again", and still some brainlet a century post war is going to romanticize it

One of the english translations of Storm of Steel has one of my favorite quotes of all time, but they fucking took it out of the later translations:

>War means the destruction of the enemy, without scruple and by any means. War is the harshest of all trades, and the masters of it can only entertain humane feelings so long as they do no harm.

(describing the reason for destroying villages and farms and creating a dead zone when they pulled back to the Hindenburg line later in the war)

>i haven't read a book in at least a year and when I see people who did it makes me ANGRY

Attached: 1534551082978.gif (500x346, 471K)

>You're all autistic and not regular people
We're on Jow Forums aren't we? If you're a regular person, what the fuck are you here for?

>replies to the whole thread
>calls others autistic
Please kill yourself