Fake suppressor legality

So I did some testing with a lot of fake suppressors that where given to me by a gun shop that went out of business and that data shows a 5 decibel reduction with a well fitted one, and running a 45 cal fake suppressor with a 9mm carbine leads to actual suppression of 17 decibels.

Why are fake suppressors legal when they actually suppress the sound a little?

Attached: 1562712905504-204051620.jpg (3840x2160, 577K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ftfindustries.com/product/GT-GM-45.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also, they make the gun alot softer shooting as well.

Shut the fuck up about it

So people already know that suppressors without baffels or spacers work a little?
Got it.

Oh and they also suppress the shit out of the flash.

They aren't actually. It's just unenforced.

Destroy those now op.
Atf is gonna shoot all our dogs

This. According to the law, any device which can be attached to the muzzle and reduces the report of a single shot by at least 1 dB constitutes a supressor. If those "fake supressors" give a 5 dB reduction then they are, technically, illegal unless they are serialized and registered as an NFA item.

Whelp into the melting pot they all go.

Don’t be a faggot. Sell me one

Also technically, the boss system for guns is also illegal die to the same effect.
Any caliber mismatch of a barrel extension may also be illegal.

Buy one online if you want it.
It only produces the effect in sub caliber mismatches and in certain low power loads.
But atf modifies test conditions all the time so it's not worth it.

ftfindustries.com/product/GT-GM-45.html
Under normal conditions all it does is flash suppress and soften recoil, but in certain pairings the barrel extension also reduced decibels.

Take note, in 10mm it's actually increased the level of sound produced, but threw it as an echo fooling initial testing.

>Yet another thing I like is illegal
I hate this world

>The Gemtech GM-45 is a highly advanced .578x28 tpi threaded FAKE SUPPRESSOR adaptable to any .45 acp caliber handgun with a .578x28 tpi threaded barrel. Since mounting to the firearm is accomplished by attachment to muzzle threads, the fake suppressor can be quickly removed for cleaning, compact carry, or storage. Solid construction per BATFE Specs and Regs. Cannot be taken apart. Specifications: 7.25" long, 1 3/8" diameter 7.8 oz. in weight

>Highly advanced fake suppressors

If you made the barrel 8 inches longer it'd have a similar effect. I remember a field and stream article about hunters user 20g shotguns with retarded barrel lengths to shoot quieter in locations close to suburban developments

>Barrels are now illegal

Little protip Jimmy your iPhone doesnt actually measure decibels correctly.

Unless you have a proper meter worth about ten grand I dont think you have any actual accurate data.

Also, adding six inches of barrel alone is going to bring down the report.

You're actually selling "barrel extenders"

Inb4 MAC takes his meter out and we get a bumpfire ban 2 electric boogerdoo.

The ATF aren't total retards. They employ hundreds of guys who know a lot about guns. They have approved countless fake suppressors for sale from big companies. I highly doubt they will suddenly arrest people for them.

Nigga doesnt even know about Bulgarian Flash Hiders.

The 36" barrel choke extension

All my want

but a lot of these fake cans on guns are basically just barrel extensions. a longer barrel would also reduce the report as well, would it not?

Still makes it illegal as fuck. Atf gonna stick his dick in us.

No it doesn't.

You should write the atf

>Little protip Jimmy your iPhone doesnt actually measure decibels correctly.
theyre pretty damn accurate, what the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: female discovers f=ma.gif (389x400, 2M)

Not for gunshots, chief.

There are all sorts of fake cans and blast forwarding devices which are essentially a single chamber suppressor. I haven't heard of the ATF considering a single one of them illegal. There are like 100 types.

eh, okay. if we're only talking about that, yeah. i tested it once during a water bottling plant IH job. fluctuated quite a bit, but generally within 1-3 db of my clip on monitor. only got up to like around 115 db around the noisy equipment, i suppose gunshots are more.

suck a cock

Attached: King_Abdullah_on_Star_Trek.jpg (379x428, 24K)

> Dear atf I just committed a felony with widely available faux suppressors. Further more I'm pretty sure my 23 inch bolt .22 rifle is quiter than my 16 inch 1022. Please bring a dog because I do not own one.

It's not because of the levels specifically (that would be an issue, but you can mitigate it by measuring from further away). It's because of the frequency response and sampling rate. Gunshots have a very fast, short peak, and phones (and most sound meters) just aren't fast enough to actually record the peak accurately.

The colt moderator would like a word.

are linear compensators legal? they technically lower the decibels of the gunshot but only to people behind the barrel.

Attached: KVP-XL-COMP-BLACK-2.jpg (500x380, 35K)

Redirecting isnt lessening, of course they're legal.

Legal even in California

Distinction is that a muzzle device does not count towards OAL unless pinned.

haha holy shit that gif is terrible.

what about something that makes the gunshot louder, but changes what it sounds like entirely? what would the legality be of something that makes automatic fire sound like the craziest piano solo, or a mad fart?

im not even really joking. what if you could make it louder, but make it sound like an airplane. or a car horn? something no one thinks twice about?

Always wanted a diaphragm horn integrated to make the shot sound like a sci-fi blaster. ZzzzaPow!

Who wants to take the birdcage off their AR and use a sound meter to measure if the average report is louder?

Apparantly the average gunshot lasts for 300us, not including any reflections or noise from supersonic rounds. A sampling rate of 44.1khz should capture that with enough accuracy to get an amplitude reading.

>The ATF aren't total retards.
Hahahaha
>They employ hundreds of guys who know a lot about guns.
HAHAHAHA
>I highly doubt they will suddenly arrest people for them.
HHHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Attached: 1532385997922.jpg (720x543, 61K)