Alright so I decided I wanted a plate carrier, mostly something to have in the house to larp and walk around in...

Alright so I decided I wanted a plate carrier, mostly something to have in the house to larp and walk around in, wanted something simple, just enough to hold some armor plates, few mags, and a tq. Ordered one of these, and a triple mag holder also from condor. Got some cheap level iii plates coming from eBay. What do you think?

Condor sentry plate carrier,

Cati level iii multi curve plates

Attached: 6DE00898-3865-4793-9B53-71792FA09F63.jpg (650x650, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tacticalscorpiongear.com/tactical-scorpion-gear-body-armor-ar500-10x12-steel-plate-spall-guard-blocker-tsg-1012se.html?_vsrefdom=googleads&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjZzQwp2p4wIV1Rx9Ch0G0wijEAQYASABEgIhBfD_BwE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ag6A6HRUyq0
youtu.be/Ji5VpHaNySw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

noice. I just got a plate carrier from AWS, going to pick up level iv hicom sapi multicurve 11x14s.
You need patches now

Attached: DSC_0191.jpg (1620x1080, 568K)

skip out on the steel plates they're too heavy to realistically use for anything beyond larping

pc in question

Attached: aws operators choiceTM.jpg (360x451, 124K)

Found the fatass

They’re already been ordered, and they’re just for larping, so weights not much of an issue.

I’ve been looking, so far a Yukon cornealius patch is the most attractive to me

Attached: 73722D3F-92BF-457F-8F21-D6A05D8B1561.jpg (1242x1474, 520K)

>Yukon cornealius
based but you're a faggot for condor and steel plates

Lol the magnum penis

I’ve got taste, just not money my friend.

I picked up a Condor MPC 2 years ago for Security work. Wore it 6 days a week with steel IIIA plates, not even a stitch out of place.
No matter what fags on Jow Forums will tell you, condor is aight.

don't listen to these faggots

Everyday is about to be leg day. Good choice

>Airshit gear and level meme armor

Ur not gonna make it.

Attached: 20190709_211957.jpg (1968x3056, 1.86M)

>penis
Kekel

Mismatched mags, elastic cummerbund with no pouches, plastic handed, no med gear....

Not gonna make it.

Also, what plates you running ?

>airshit gear
>posts airshit
Wtf is that?

>He still runs loaded cummerbunds instead of war belts
Oof.

>Mismatched mags
Noguns harder.

Highcom 4SAS7's.

>Posts airshit
>Velocity Systems is airshit
lmao

Attached: 20190709_212932.jpg (386x962, 96K)

I like the belt setup, and I don’t have a cummerbund on the pc I ordered, it’s the one in op.

Any company that sells tactical V necks and "Thin blue line" hats are larping gear merchants.

Nice, post gear and or guns.

Attached: aop8979087.jpg (1657x1658, 599K)

You are the reason I aim from the neck up in SHTF

>steel
Don’t get shot at lmao

That’s a good plan. Also, say it’s shtf and you see a guy running that setup, you already know he’s Jow Forums, why not recruit him, instead of shoot him

Always plan a.

Ignore him, get a Kevlar sleeve to cover the plate.

tacticalscorpiongear.com/tactical-scorpion-gear-body-armor-ar500-10x12-steel-plate-spall-guard-blocker-tsg-1012se.html?_vsrefdom=googleads&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjZzQwp2p4wIV1Rx9Ch0G0wijEAQYASABEgIhBfD_BwE

One for each plate.
It will mitigate the spall.

I’ve got trauma pads to go behind it. Would Kevlar sleeve be a better idea ?

>Anyone who utilizes Capitalism to its full effect is larping
lol

Also these fags won't tell you that there is spall with ceramics as well.

Good idea, I was planning on just rattle canning some bed liner onto the thing. Then when I end up upgrading it, taking it out and shooting it to see just how dead I would have been. Don’t plan on getting shot anytime soon.

>spall gets caught inside the ceramic plate
>steel plates shits and pisses and cums steel wherever the angle is best
There is spall but it is nowhere near mechanically the same as what happens with a steel plate
Fucking why when that gets shredded in 2-3 rounds

I should have it all setup by Friday, I’ll be sure to post pictures for everybody to dump on and give pointers then.

Both.
Irl most people will be shooting at you with expanding or ball ammo.
With enough cushion you can have steel protect you from a good bit of fire with decent comfort.
It's a little bulky, but not as heavy as these fags act.
I threw the double german Kevlar flak behind it for neck protection from spall as well.

Attached: IMG_20181109_125733.jpg (4160x3120, 2.82M)

>It doesn't have build up
Oh.
Without extra buildup coating + Kevlar sleeve that thing is a death trap.

I actually agree with you, a bare steel plate like ops is suicidal even with a kevlar sleeve

>a pouch
>within a pouch
Never gonna make it

what the fuck would you use any ballistic vest for besides larping?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ag6A6HRUyq0

This is a test on the plates, but I think they’ve got the build up coat; not just the base coat.

Killing Jewish children in Minecraft

Attached: 1560738136172.png (684x1110, 408K)

>Open med pouch
>Your shit just goes everywhere
Do any of you actually own any gear at all or did you just come here after finishing a round of CoD?

Attached: Shootin'4.jpg (1676x939, 162K)

What would you guys recommend for steel plates ?

I’m planning on ar500 with the build up coating, which seem to stand up well in all test and demo videos. I just was concerned with lead time, so I wanted to have something now, so I could get used to the weight.

Attached: 7A28EC8C-D9DB-4196-8897-81412E1993ED.jpg (1000x1000, 321K)

Cati

But why get steel when ceramics > steel
Also >gets ruined by m193

Lol but that what I Already ordered, and everybody is shitting on it, because of the coating. can’t I just coat it some more ?

Everybody's shitting on it because it's level meme armor. Just get 4 you poor.

AR550. You can get a pair of Spartans for about $250.

And steel plates are only about 4 pounds heavier for both front and back than ceramic.

But I’m not worried about somebody shooting me once with a 30-06 ap, is worried about some asshat shooting me a bunch with fucking wolf steel cased 7.62

What belt

> Unironically runs tapco mags
Do some self reflection and then criticize others

Sounds like a common poorfag excuse but you do you, boo boo.

HSGI Suregrip, belt itself is an HSGI stiffboi

Idk man, granted iii+ is the best compromise for this scenereo, but really, why would i trade multi hit capability which defeats all calibers I’ll likely encounter, for a plate that stops one larger caliber, but is rendered useless by multiple hits ? Other than the weight argument it just doesn’t make sense to me.

Never mind the price, which isn’t all that different anyway

I've easily put a thousand rounds through all three of those magazines without a single failure on behalf of the magazine, do you even own a gun?

Attached: Shootin'3.jpg (1054x687, 187K)

iii+ technically isn’t a real level fyi
If you get shot multiple times you’re doing something very very wrong

My good user, 4 ceramic is multi-hit rated but uhhhh
What he said.

Both of these statements are true,

iii+ rating however does define an area that the typical ratings don’t cover, which defeats 5.56 ball and green tip, which I’m most likely to be shot at with in my country.

iii+ is defined by a manufacturer which usually just indicates it was tested beyond iii rating and held up
It all comes down to what the manufacturer says

Here comes the typical muh experience is different meme. Yes I have guns, I even have an AK and that's how I know tapco mags are shit.

Attached: IMG_20190617_184841486~2.jpg (3657x2550, 3.35M)

>Here comes the typical muh experience is different meme.
I don't know what to tell you user, mine doesn't work with the stamped metal mags or including the original that came with it. But I have sincerely never had a problem. Maybe they're made for defective rifles.

Attached: Backrange3.jpg (1434x982, 833K)

why do people shit on condor? they strike me as having good quality control and are a sturdy, usable product at an affordable price

You really clearly haven’t walked 10 miles or more with all your kit. Gun, ammo, patrol pack, water, snivel gear. Without plates you’re looking at 40lbs for a proper kit. Add steel plates and carrier for another 20 lbs.
this will wear you out over time and reduce your speed and endurance in combat (which you probably haven’t been training anyway)

Steel is maybe ok for static defense or vehicle mounted. It’s a very bad choice if you will be moving on foot,

Whack. Tapcos haven't worked well for me, cant get them to fit proper. Always used stamped and commerical Bulgarians with reinforced lips.

Attached: IMG_20190322_225909466.jpg (3456x4608, 2.76M)

Not the person you responded to. I just have no idea why anyone would be rucking 10 miles in full kit during SHTF or any situation. Steel works fine and spalling is a non-issue if you have a half decent carrier.

A carrier is fabric, it is not a spall-catcher
A carrier does fuck nothing to stop spalling, aside from maybe the small bits, not the shit that kills you
As for rucking, yeah you realistically shouldn’t be doing that in SHTF because you’re already hunkered down with a community. Weight, however, is weight and the less you add the better
They are “sturdy” until they get a few days field use. Then they unravel.

I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news, but steel armor doesn't spall like Jow Forums has you brainwashed to think.

It's low quality made-in-china stuff. It'll do the job, just not nearly as long and not nearly as well.

It has cheap straps instead of a cummerbund
Cheap stitching even on molle
Normally really loose/shitty fitting for the plates.
Velcro even seems cheaper, but i'm sure it's due to the quality of item it's attached to.

You can make modifications to make it somewhat better, in fact you'd need to if you really plant to use it. Use a sub $100 PC for a while with plates and you'll get it.

Condor is fine if you want to use it as a weight vest for calisthenics. Steel plates are great then. The webbing is fuckin weird, not MOLLE sized, and the stitching is shit. Maybe they fixed those issues.

t. has owned a Condor pc

youtu.be/Ji5VpHaNySw

>what
so whatsa good PC brand? is PALM decent?

are you really so full of yourself you make your mom take pics of you while your shooting?

>implying I haven’t done tests myself
It spalls buddy
A lot
There’s videos showing the spalling
One outlier armor does not demonstrate a complete safety of all steel armor. They even say the plates aren’t AR500 on their site lol
Crye, First Spear, London Bridge, Eagle Industries (kind of), Perroz, Velocity Systems, any of those are a good start. Check out /gq/ for more

I am from Wisconsin, and I can confirm this kind of dumbassery is what happens in the North, especially along the UP border.

Velocity, Crye, Perroz, First Spear

user one day you will leave your parents basement and realize there is a whole world of people out there, some even sharing similar interests as you.

Also post guns.

Attached: 90876906.jpg (3576x1664, 3.33M)

>posting your blood type on a known Fibbie honey trap
It's like you WANT government flying spider monkeys to nanoinfect you with tailored slow-acting ebolavirus while you sleep

Dude i'm in IT, if alphabet soup is gonna get me it will absolutely 100% be a memetic kill agent.

Oh.

Then I'm sorry for your loss.

>I’ve got taste, just not money my friend.
or wisdom. if you had an ounce of patience you'd wait to land a used pc from a reputable company that some airsoft kid used a few times. i paid $60 for a crye jpc.

>dropleg holster half way down leg

I'm want to look cool when I larp with my friends, do I get an od or fde plate carrier to match with almost everything, or a multicam pc to REALLY match with my uniform

I bought a cheapo pic related (but green) from wish a few months ago, it's held up just fine. I still need to get some plates for it though.

Attached: 5b2481dda1b4ca174d156930-4-large.jpg (600x600, 69K)

You get used to them, fatass/skeleton/woman

>anfo
cringe

is Shellback Sf carriers any good? if not what should I get instead?

Attached: SBT_SF_QD_Black_a__10068.1548799337.1280.1280.jpg (1280x1280, 171K)

Scroll up
If you still can’t ID the brands then (You) me

so that's a no go on shellback then?

Gay boy located

This image is so fucking awkward. What the hell are you two doing? Larping? If so it looks fucking weird and you should be ashamed. Have some fucking dignity

I don’t know enough about them
The other brands are reputable and commonly used as industry standards

Baptising my urbanite friend in the spirit of the Jow Forumsube, hence why all of his gear looks like it's rented and the drop leg is fucked. I think my other buddy just wanted to shoot him in the back.

Reason being?

>have a healthy body mass
>post pic showing yourself outside and dare to give the impression you can even see your toes
>get ridiculed relentlessly by Jow Forums

>plans on getting shot more than 3 times

Not going to make it bro

what made you go for the velocity? currently torn between the velocity, ferro concepts, jpc 1.0 and spiritus systems.

I'm 88% sure that's a One Tigris mag pouch

I play larpsoft with my AWS carrier. Don't have plates in it atm but have been thinking of getting some.

not at home so you get an old picture.

Attached: TGSGwDJ.jpg (4032x2268, 2.21M)

>He doesn't know about SwiftClipTM
You're 100% incorrect.

They offer a lot of low-profile and easily concealable options.

heh, as a larpsofter, I run both a full cumberbund and warbelt.

I even carry some med supplies because running around in the woods, never know.

For sure,
Another shilling point on Velocity is the swappable cummerbunds and placards. Not the only gang to offer it but it's their MO.

it looks similar to my larpsoft mag pouches. don't remember what brand, but they are good desu. I put kydex inserts into mine though.

It's a Velsys placard, user.

fair enough. They look almost identical to mine though lmao.

Attached: 06fqFOY.jpg (4032x2268, 2.39M)