What is this type of oxidation or whatever called?

What is this type of oxidation or whatever called?

Attached: 5939910d23be9440160ed1ee-4-large.jpg (600x600, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CSu0cV3fqi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

on cars, it's "chameleon".

in life, it’s “Faggotry”

Titanium oxide or some other titanium compound.

chink shit

It’s called a “skin pack”

retard popsci nonsense

"Spilled gasoline"

that is a very special coating of faggotry that mall ninjas are quite fond of. if you heat treat a stainless steel blade it naturally has that color, so i imagine it's buffed real fine, heat treated, then lightly buffed to get the carbon off and poof: you got a cheap look to a cheap blade. congrats

For me, it's the Boker Rainbow Mermaid.

Attached: STANDARD-7062.jpg (2000x1489, 220K)

Just go to your armorer and tell him you need people to know you will suck dicks at the slightest sign of resistance by looking at your knife.

Rainbow finish aka Faggot finish.

It's actually a rare ancient metal treating process that knights templars used which is called Damascus Steel.

the thin layer of oxide causes different colors of light to scatter out.
Brainlet thinks titanium only exists in sci-fi films

chink shit that csgo knife fanboy fags buy for 8 dollars off of a chinese seller on ebay

it's a pvd coating. either titanium oxide or some kind of nitride, I'm not sure.

methamphetamine-oxide

This. It's an anodized titanium oxide coating. It can look awesome, but in regard to cheap chinkshit blades, it's still garbage tier chinesium steel underneath.
>t. shit for brains
Jesus Christ...

>Tfw most of Jow Forums tries too hard to LARP as tacticool airshit fridge operators to appreciate the beauty of anodized knives

So bad it's good.

Oxide. TiN is gold when applied fully and actually useful, you've probably seen gold-colored drill bits and cutting tools, that's what that is.

t. Semiconductor coatings guy

Chromatic sword

Attached: lightwork final eye.jpg (4195x4452, 991K)

It’s called hexavalent chromium

It's called a shit-for-12-year-olds-and-hideous-virgin-manchildren coating

Attached: avg canadian.jpg (645x412, 59K)

titanium nitride
it's applied through chemical vapor deposition.
you'll need to find a coating / surface finishing place to apply it.

This knife is identical to a rainbow trout

Oil slick.
Anodized.
Rainbow.
Iridescent.
Usually something like that. Oil slick is the most common term I see used for knives and guns.

They do look nice, It's just every time I see it, its on some shitty $10 knife made of garbage potmetal. So ive come to think its trashy

Yep, it's Chameleon Green on my Tuscan Speed 6

Attached: cZavHp0.jpg (1800x1349, 384K)

>Tfw the "rainbow" finish on my $90 Kershaw and $250 Spyderco is duller than my $15 chink knife

anodizing is a different process. this uses gas to deposit particles onto the surface.

I've been falling hard for it lately. Sig offers it for some pistols. I would like to see a rainbow slide, black frame, and then white/pearl grips.

yes this is real gun do not ask questions or i shoot

Attached: 02_Aurora2.jpg (640x337, 35K)

Honda ricer

this real gun pls ignore the seam

Attached: pvd chiappa rhino.jpg (1311x737, 67K)

>Aurora autococker
Fuckin nice

oilslick unicorn

Attached: oilslck.jpg (330x330, 131K)

iridescence.

youtube.com/watch?v=CSu0cV3fqi8