I want an LMT piston AR so fucking bad

I want an LMT piston AR so fucking bad.

>short stroke gas piston superior to DI

>monolithic upper is sexy af

>full ambi lower for is ideal for my wrong handedness

>enhanced BCG is fucking sick

>daddy thumb says they're a sub moa rifle today in a vid

Alas I'm a filthy 19yo poor and I need an AR before the boogaloo starts (which is fast approaching imo)

What do Jow Forums?

Im too hairy to sell my nudes as qt3.14 trap and I'm not cool enough to become a drug dealer.

Attached: Screenshot_20190709-225933_Chrome.jpg (720x1280, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU
youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU
youtu.be/DX73uXs3xGU
youtu.be/YAneTFiz5WU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get a job, nigger.

Attached: 1557571250685.jpg (2048x1536, 579K)

>$2300 for ARshit
just get a fucking AK if you want a piston.

dumbass range toy. just build a cheap AR and have fun. literally none of that shit matters.

Ok you nuttinfancy tier fuckin fudd go why dont you go stuff the barrel of your psa up your ass

Is rather have a barrett REC7 piston AR

nigger, you can't even afford an iphone and you want a $2,000+ gun?
god damn low IQ shitheads.

How is a high quality ar a range toy?
Lmt has gotten lots of contracts for service rifles.

I thought you guys were smarter than this

Attached: bait.png (1080x710, 56K)

Contracts with New Zealand, which went so well they had to replace all their firing pins. lol

Unless you're shooting suppressed, its a sidegrade.
Only relevant at round counts poors cannot reach, but whatever.
>daddy thumb says they're a sub moa rifle today in a vid
All free floated ARs are submoa, provided they weren't assembled by a tard.
>Alas I'm a filthy 19yo poor
Get a job. Even easier if you're a piece of shit neet, because your mom will subsidize you and your entire income can go towards the gun fund.
>(which is fast approaching imo)
No its not. Get out more, outside of radicalized web forums life is going on as usual.

Spend $700 on a Savage MSR-15 Patrol Rifle and the remaining money on a quality optic (e.g Aimpoint T1; you can get one used of Arfcom) and ammunition (Wolf Gold M193 is below 30 cpr and brass cased).

But before you do those things, save up some money and cut your expenses. Get a better job if you can.

>piston
Explain in 2000 characters or less why your retarded peabrain thinks this is better than a traditional AR.

>short stroke gas piston
you're not in a combat zone and so you have no need to go thousands of rounds without cleaning, so the advantage of piston over DI is irrelevant
>monolithic upper
pointless and proprietary
>ambi lower
buy an ambi safety
>enhanced bcg
likely no real world advantages, also proprietary
>sub moa
unless you're regularly shooting with an optic and from a rest, who gives a fuck.

i have an aero upper/lower set with a nice barrel for half the cost of an LMT.

>LMT

nope

Attached: lmtpiston.jpg (1134x606, 80K)

Tbh they should’ve bought COTS upgrades for their AUGs instead. The LMT was a mistake.

>outside of radicalized web forums life is going on as usual.
There are political extremists meeting in increasingly violent protests in major cities, while armed wings of various political motivations show up and stand off.

I don't know why you think that's normal, but it's kinda not. Not OP and not saying shit is going to go down, but this isn't all that normal.

Attached: black panthers.jpg (600x350, 71K)

Nah, bullpups a shit. AUG just happens to be king of shit mountain.

>50yuan has been deposited in your account
>your social credit rating has been amended by [+12]

>LMT
>Lewis Machine and Tool

moar like

>Lazily Machined Trunions

amirite /K?

>you're not in a combat zone and so you have no need to go thousands of rounds without cleaning
That's not even an advantage to piston. DI does it too.

So apparently we live in the 1960's now? The BPP was infinitely more serious than any Antifa sect, to the point where the FBI systematically killed all of their higher members. Until the leaders of groups like the Proud boys or Antifa start committing suicide by shooting themselves twice in the head from two different angles, being overly paranoid isn't necessary

Always keep a couple months of food handy, always be armed, but constantly anticipate conflict and literally no one will ever want to be near you.

Lurk more and at least learn what fudd means before you try and insult people for not wasting their money like a wigger, newfag.

>
>Nah, bullpups a shit. AUG just happens to be king of shit mountain.

Nah, he was right. I have range time on both the NZDF MARS-L and the EF88, and the EF88 shits on it in every way.

Look, I agree, we're not at civil rights movement levels yet. Antifa are still a bunch of spineless fags who want to beat up people who won't fight back. But things could change for the worse, and by the time you realize things are bad, you are already far, far too late to be making the right decisions to save yourself.

What would you say are the pros and cons of each rifle?

The EF88 is lighter, more reliable, more accurate, longer barrel, shorter overall length, better centre of balance, better shaped stock for carrying. It's also substantially cheaper, which in practice means that it has much better ancilliaries in service.

The MARS-L has a better trigger, slightly less muzzle climb, better ergos for reloads.

The trigger isn't a big deal on the EF88 though. The trigger weight has been lightened to about 3-4 pounds on the EF88, but it's still quite a long pull and meh break.

Also, there'll be a series of articles going up on a website called the Cove (cove.army.gov.au) about this next week.

First one goes up on the 15th. I only touch on the NZDF MARS-L, but I did a lot of work on the M16A2 vs AUG and M4 vs F88SA1 and SA2. I recommend that you have a look if gunautism is your thing.

I'd also point out that the NZDF didn't trial the EF88. They wrote the scope to basically make it impossible for Thales Australia to enter the EF88 in their trials because there's some bad blood between Lithgow and the NZDF over in life sustainment issues with the IW Steyr, and a lot of unresolved finger pointing.

OH LOOK
THE DAILY DAMAGE CONTROL SHILL THREAD
HI LMT

Overall then, would you say adopting the MARS-L was a bad decision?

My favorite shit is the flip
>guys I'm looking for an 5.56 AK
>mag funnel would be nice too if I could snag one
>also where do I buy an M4 adapter?
Like it's okay to enjoy two different things, you dont have to limit yourself to one and make it something it's not

>there's some bad blood between Lithgow and the NZDF over in life sustainment issues with the IW Steyr
I can believe this. A guy I know who was an armorer in the NZDF during the adoption of the Steyr always maintained that the first batch of Steyrs were delivered without ejection ports cut out, as (supposedly) Steyr engineers cut out the ports by hand, so the port cutting procedure wasn't mentioned in any schematics or part of any jigs when the weapon package was licensed to Lithgow. So apparently they had to ship over half of the original design team from Austria to sort out the teething issues. Never seen reference to this elsewhere but its an interesting story if true.

Aks are shit I dont fucking want to hear it. Kys slav shill.

>AKs are shit
>tries to make his rifle more AK like solving zero problems in the process

Yes bc theres literally no difference between di and piston while using a can.

Fuck off retard

b-but user, the guy trying to sell me a piston gun told me piston guns are better!

No. The MARS-L is a very good rifle and I suspect that they adopted it because it's optimised for multicalibre conversion, and they expect to update to 6.8mm some time during its expected service life.

Having said that, I think the EF88 would have been a better choice.

There isn't. Adjust your block.

The bullpup meme is over.
let go.

>browsing lmt
>pic related

How does lmt do this? Have they no shame?

Attached: lolwut.png (844x1188, 229K)

Dude, go ahead and keep talking about the obviously imminent & deadly conflict, I'm sure girls love it.

>Aks are shit
at least they don't jam
>Kys slav shill
cope harder nigger.

Attached: 1533952000634.png (743x1120, 62K)

This is insanely retarded.

Attached: file.png (480x240, 173K)

Stop watching the news faggot and get your life straightened out. Poor, but wants to drop more than $2,300 on a range toy? Lol

>I'm sure girls love it.
Don't care, already have the only one that matters
>go ahead and keep talking about the obviously imminent & deadly conflict
Did I say that? No. Just bad things happen. And if you sit there and pretend they won't happen to you, you're gonna have a worse time when they do. I'm sure these guys would have liked to have a couple more ARs

Attached: roof koreans.jpg (600x400, 40K)

Jesus christ why do you fucking people insist on perpetuating the meme of ar unreliability. Your boomer tier ar hate is so fucking cringy. Next I bet you'll say we should have never left the m14 platform. Just stop you faggot.

How the fuck is an AR platform in military service a range toy you fucking idiot?

youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU
youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU

It’s almost as if Antifa is being used by the deep state. No shit they aren’t getting raided. They’re in cahoots with the guys at the top

>LMT
>Military service
Yet Epstein is in prison.

because if you can't afford to replace it, you can't afford to own it.

Ak mud test:
youtu.be/DX73uXs3xGU

AR mud test
youtu.be/YAneTFiz5WU

Here you go dumb fuck maybe now you'll stop embarrassing yourself by spewing meme tier anecdotal cancer about muh ak reliability.

That was for a particular gun, the same trial that resulted in the rattler IIRC.

Buy literally any AR and install a superlative arms piston kit.
Done.
You can even buy a LMT bolt if you want.

>18 months
>in a literal Jew day camp for rich kikes to play tennis
>for underage human trafficking
Cope harder. The house always wins

buy a PSA or something first, then save up for the LMT. The LMT is obviously better, but a cheap one is better than nothing until you can afford a Gucci rifle.

The UK, NZ and Estonia all use LMT rilfes.

It's still 100% a range toy unless you're doing serious competition shooting you won't notice any difference between it and a $500 AR.

>Always keep a couple months of food handy, always be armed

Attached: read.png (500x414, 320K)

Second, buy a cheap rifle and spend the money you save on ammo and classes to learn how to shoot it properly. The number 1 limiting factor in almost any weapon is the person shooting it.

Are you so used to being disagreed with, you don't know how to respond when someone agrees?

>The UK, NZ and Estonia all use LMT rifles.
Not exactly leading authorities on quality military acquisition. Don't get me wrong, LMTs are fine, but that the people behind the L85 and Bob Semple tank use it says nothing either way.

You wrote as though I was telling people explicitly to be unprepared.

I fingerfucked an AUG at some Army display thing a while ago, the trigger was fucking atrocious. Significantly worse than my cousin's poorfag AR he owns in Minecraft.

I see, you just really don't understand agreement, or have an undying urge to be contrarian, even to your own advice.

An old AUG or an EF88?

The trigger is completely different on the EF88.

Estonia and NZ both did extensive independent testing putting LMT directly against HK, SIG and anyone who bothered to stick their hand up. The conclusion they come up with was that LMT makes a rifle just as good any of the more well known manafactures.

If you don't already have an AR don't waste your money on gucci shit. It won't make you a better shooter and you won't be able to take advantage of all the benefits. Get a cheap beater gun and get good with it. Get familiar with a sharper recoil impulse, shitty milspec triggers, non-ambi controls, and malfunctions. That way when you're older and have your shit together enough to a afford a rifle like an LMT, you'll actually be able to benefit from it.
As a side note, if you're really looking for long term savings get a .22 conversion kit for your AR so you can practice (clearing malfunctions) more.

Oh wait, I'm retarded. It was a regular AUG.

I wasn't disputing that they were good rifles, I was just saying that the decisions of militarys who rarely deploy cant really be relied as a metric for what is good or sound. Assuming the other user isn't a poser and actually knows what hes talking about, the NZ trial was set up to disallow entry of the new AUG, which highlights that even supposedly fair and objective trials can be influenced to achieve a predetermined outcome.

The Brits don't rarely deploy. Other than the US, whose small arms procurement system is a gigantic clusterfuck, they deploy and fight more than any other country. Their 7.62mm LMT rifles were an urgent operational procurement in Afghanistan for Helmand.

Diss Estonia and New Zealand as cucked militaries with no taste for war all you like, but extending that claim to the British Army is fraught.

Cause you can build a proper functioning ar for much less than $2,300 shekels. You want the big fancy expensive shit you can't afford to do what? the same thing an ordinary ar could do you fucking waterhead

no you don't understand user. It has an ENHANCED bolt. It lasts twice as long as a regular bolt! I mean, it costs three times as much, but if I were good at economics I wouldn't be a poorfag.

Yeah honestly in the boogaloo OP is toast he's a helpless retard id beat his ass with a leafy switch

Please tell more about your L85 experience.

To be fair to Estonia and NZ, they both deployed to afghanistan. Small contingents, but they are small countries.

>daddy thumb
What a faggot you are

this -- and double this if you're worried about getting set for the happening.
Get a PSA with a carry handle, tape on a light and get good. Start now.

You can become a faggot later with your scar and spicy deawoo that is secretly a johnson but chambered in 6.5-55SWEDE

haha yup.

>while using a can.
riight ... and this poorfag teen needs to be worried about that

And to provide the counterpoint, both were deployed to extremely safe provinces where their commanders had no risk tolerance and wrapped them in cotton wool.

Not the guy you're quoting, but I interviewed someone on the remediation team for the original L85 last week who now works for a foreign small arms factory. The original L85 had a literal mean rounds between stoppage of literally 6.7 when it was finally tested properly.

Yet they still lost men.

>citation required

Very, very few. 9 and 10 respectively in a 20 year war. More die in industrial accidents in each country per year than that.

12 years. They fulfilled roles that freed up others. 150 men doing ordinance disposal is quite good for a tiny country. NZSAS? Heard nothing but good things about them (opposite of comments regarding US).
Not a great idea to disparage allies, particularly when your nation hasn't one wars its fought alone.

We are all dumber by reading your post. Obviously you have neither fired or owned a firearm in your life. Go crawl back in your parent's basement.
You are awarded no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Tfw no ar

Attached: image0-12.jpg (640x406, 21K)

Spend 1200 on an Aero AR with optic instead.

60's was left vs state, now it's left vs right. Different and more dangerous in the long run.

I had a LMT. Magwell was tight af couldn’t run USGI mags. Sold it and bought a SAR-1. Also get a job nigger.

They're really cheap. Buy one today.

>more that 1500 for an AR

>I want an LMT piston AR so fucking bad.

Attached: gun soy.png (644x799, 112K)

Depends on what you are doing but mostly no
>monolithic upper is sexy af
Yes
>full ambi lower for is ideal for my wrong handedness
Gross
Yes

Jesus that thing is lame, get a Virtus dum dum

Well, they are very high quality and from every account from the NZDF, they seem to be pleased.
The Estonian Defense Forces also selected LMT, specifically the piston upper as their standard issue rifle.

Attached: download.jpg (1500x1000, 458K)

Or just buy this for 600 bucks, it even has a chf barrel

Attached: 2019-05-18 13.41.42.jpg (3756x1058, 2.49M)

Imagine spending $2300 on a piston AR when a conversion kit, Wolf upper, or normal high quality DI rifle exists for a fraction of the price. Just for a cool roll-mark and guaranteed replies from trips on /arg/. Not to mention that poors can't even afford to buy 1K of steel case a month.

Attached: 1541308738285.jpg (640x360, 41K)

Cheap ARs are flimzy pieces of shit. I'd never buy an AR cheaper than 1500€

Its objectively garbage for SHTF. One of the greatest strengths of the AR is parts commonality and avilability.

>Propriatary upper
>Proriatary barrel nut
>Propriatary barrel
>Propriatary gas system

Dont buy shit because some dumbass LARPer kn YouTube tells you it's good. good.

>atrocious train of thought and logic
>reddit spacing
checks out