What's future of the russian military once the last systems developed in the 90s and the USSR reach the end of their...

What's future of the russian military once the last systems developed in the 90s and the USSR reach the end of their lifespan and can't be further modernized considering how awful most current programs (T-14, Su-57, new submarine classes, etc.) are doing?
How catastrophic will it be for the russian military and Russia as a "great" power?

Attached: russian tanks and SPG.jpg (3075x2045, 1.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/time-reversed-quantum-computer-1361215
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They'll probably end up reversing roles with China when it comes to military procurement, with the Chinese providing most of their modern hardware.

>considering how awful most current programs (T-14, Su-57, new submarine classes, etc.) are doing?
The only real MAJOR issue is Russia's inability to properly fund said programs.

No amount of funding is going to make PAK FA stealth. Not without s-ducts.

Fun fact: due to difference between Latin and Cyrillic alphabet, the best Moscow spies brought home a set of c-ducts blueprint.

Well, that, along with their inability to fund R&D to keep up with the US and China, the lack of any serious semiconductor industry hampering domestic development of increasingly-computerized weapons technology, and a looming demographic crisis that will only make the economic situation worse.

>Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

kek

>set of c-ducts blueprint.
So this is what the amerikanski are using? and this works?

Da, comrade. You only need to bend the pipe real hard.

>The only real MAJOR issue is Russia's inability to properly fund said programs.
Indeed, I should stressed the extreme funding problems more.
Isn't there also a major brain drain going on with lots of young, educated Russians moving westwards to the baltics, Germany, France, Britain and the US?

>brain drain
It's certainly less catostrophic than it was in the 90's, but that's partially because most of the educated professionals that could afford to move out already have. Russia has a few modern cities, so there are still places for young intelligentsia to congregate, but I'm sure there's a lot who are still leaving.

Sell it all to shitholes in Africa, Asia and South America then buy missiles with the money

Then i want 2000 planes produced with that c-duct in the next 5 years.

It’s still quite bad. In pretty much all universities across Europe you find droves of russian students and you find russian engineers in all kinds of places.
Any russian with a glimmer of humanity leaves the man made hell that is russia, as fast as their feet can carry them.

Because of this russia is a shithole filled with subhuman gremlins who are devoid of human souls and lacks any emotion save for hatred and jealousy towards their betters in the west.

>Because of this russia is a shithole filled with subhuman gremlins who are devoid of human souls and lacks any emotion save for hatred and jealousy towards their betters in the west.
Isn't it more about stuff like the rampant corruption, Putin's authoritarian regime of crooks and the generally terrible economic situation?
To quote wikipedia on Russia's economy:
>A poll completed in 2018 among 1400 managers of non-hydrocarbons Russian businesses demonstrated high level of pessimism, with majority describing the economic situation in the country as "catastrophic". 73% of respondents in large businesses and 77% in medium and small are dealing with a "crisis" while only 4% described it as "good". 50% suffered from increased real tax rates, 60% was hit by increasing public utilities tariffs.[103]

Its always funny seeing those russian students fail in the first semesters with their bloated egos of superior russian teachings. Before they start, they can never shut up about how good russian education is on parties and later at the end of the semester they are complaing about how there aint more special courses for forgein students to get on the average level of teaching you need.

>Buran
They have as much future as this did.

Being in the US, we don't exactly have a lot of Russian foreign students in our universities, but I have taken a number of math classes under Russian professors. Some of the smartest mathematicians I have ever met, but nearly all of them moved to the US in the 90's.

Eurofag here, you can see what i described today today in England, France and Germany as i have witnessed and been told. They have niches in that they excell like you said about certain things in mathematics, but they are than often underperforming to the loud mouth they have, if they werent forced to do it for a better live in the west, they probaly would even perform worse. There is this phase of overconfidence that becomes depression within the first two semesters they seem to have go through.

Dumb nigger, after the US, Russia exports more arms than anyone else. Their economy is also strong. You're just a some dumb buttmad polack or hohol who likes to make shit threads.

Just wait til they sell legs as well, you american pigs!

Nigga how is it strong when their economy is comparable to that of Italy, a country with barely a fraction of the resources Russia has

t. trades planes for Indonesian palm oil instead of money

>Their economy is also strong.
Yeah, almost as strong as South Korea or Spain.

>overconfidence that becomes depression
Fuck, I'm not even Russian and I know that feel.

lmao
Forgot about that.

Gotta get palm fat for all that fake cheese.

>South Korea
The worst part is that you are right.

Russia, with its massive territory, throves of raw materials and some 150 millions people, isn't even able to produce as much as a tiny peninsula that has no natural ressource, nearly no agriculture and had barely a third of Russia's population.

It's even made worse when you learn that Canada is doing better than Russia.
They both have a lot of natural ressources that is a boon for their economy.
But Canada doesn't even have a fifth of Russia's population to extract those ressources.
Yet, they manage to outproduce the whole of Russia.

That Canada itself is basically just a serie of border towns for the USA is just adding insult to injury for Russia :
The once-feared USSR isn't even worth 1/10 of its former rival.

im beginning to think its just a money laundering project by sukhoi at this point.

You kinda want to line up all russians in one big line and continuesly slap their faces in one big slap going down the line for what they had done to the country and its lost potential. It kinda makes one mad just watching them what they had done with their country. Entry of the token russian telling everyone how it is the wests fault and they are doing fine in 3...2...

DESU, it's just the good old Imperial Russian repeat. The Federation is surviving off the scrapes of the old USSR, along with very well done politicking/4th gen warfare usage, but is going to decline in comparison to mainland Europe until they can get their act together (E.G. Major government/economic shift) and start leveraging their land mass, or start losing in the east.

>losing in the east
I suspect they're going to have serious issues retaining control over the east as China strengthens. The ethnic make-up of the region lends itself to Chinese influence.

Its Balkinization and infighting from here on out. They can't use nukes for a liquor store robbery and they're not going to face state level actors.

>They can't use nukes for a liquor store robbery
No, but they can hold entire cities for ransom.
Also, if there would ever be someone to actually hold up a liquor store with a nuke it would be a fucking Russian.

>They can't use nukes for a liquor store robbery
You're just not thinking big enough, user.

>Also, if there would ever be someone to actually hold up a liquor store with a nuke it would be a fucking Russian.
This

where the hell is this?

Russia, presumably.

>I am seething the post

Russia is funding its military sensibly. The USA is blowing so much cash on its military that it is destroying the economy.

Attached: 1561692156506.jpg (2250x1500, 1.56M)

Yeah your right we no longer have the brains to modernize our military equipment. I mean just look at pic related we got 40 year olds being head designers for T-14s and pic related working on photonic radars. Even 20 to 30 year olds working on the SU-57. We are so fucked man. We truly have reached our lifespan in modernization.

Attached: RTI CEO.jpg (1020x648, 31K)

>we
>being from Russia
lmao

newsweek.com/time-reversed-quantum-computer-1361215

yeah Russian are bunch of tards

>Russia is funding its military sensibly.
>Spending money on failed "stealth" jets, a massive decades long R&D program resulting in maybe 100 4th Gen MBTs, upgrading tanks built in the 1960s, an aircraft carrier which is more destructive as a source of CO2 and smog than as a weapons platform, "special operations" submarines that do what Russian subs do best (catch fire and kill Russian sailors), some nuclear doomsday torpedo which really only serves to solidify Russia's position as the global bad guy...

Attached: 1496273485624.png (864x722, 264K)

>scientists from the U.S. and Russia

Attached: 1517508943947.jpg (446x446, 27K)

>spend trillions on 5th gens that wont be used on against other superpowers and as useful as 4th gens because of photonics.
>Abrams switching to projectile APS which as been done years ago on old soviet tanks.
>doomsday torpedo... sorry the US does not have the know how XD.

implying I am from the US?

Implying that sarcastically saying Russians are idiots isn't backed well by an article talking about a joint US-Russian project.

Haters gonna hate.

Attached: russia stronk.png (900x506, 268K)

>joint US-Russian project

which is? Have not mentioned any articles?

>spend trillions on 5th gens that wont be used on against other superpowers and as useful as 4th gens because of photonics.
What the fuck are you on about?
>Abrams switching to projectile APS which as been done years ago on old soviet tanks.
Okay, and? If Russians are spending so sensibly, and slapping projectile-based APS on every fucking heavy AFV they produce, seems like a smart idea to follow suit, right? It's not like APS is generally viewed as a necessity in modern armored combat, right?
>sorry the US does not have the know how
Actually the US just realized nuclear powered doomsday machines are a really fucking bad idea a really long time ago(pic related), as is nuclear powered anything that can't be easily maintained. Given Russia's long and miserable history of major nuclear incidents aboard their submarines (let alone pretty much everywhere else) it's not a stretch to say this is a pretty retarded idea.

Attached: Tory-IIC Nuclear RamJet.jpg (302x230, 17K)

What a depressing thread.
Archive that shit, yo.

Attached: 1549415089189.png (991x692, 903K)

>What the fuck are you on about?
spending on shit the wont be used to its full potential?

> It's not like APS is generally viewed as a necessity in modern armored combat, right?

Glad their tanks caught up with the times but sounds like they cant produce a decent APS therefore relying on Israel.

>pretty retarded idea

Yes I would cope this hard as well if your cant make it. But it seems the US has no way of intercepting it?

What is 'stealth'?

>spending on shit the wont be used to its full potential?
Yeah, no fuck Ivan. 4th and 5th generation what? Jets? Tanks? Radar? Dildos?
>Glad their tanks caught up with the times but sounds like they cant produce a decent APS therefore relying on Israel.
Glad this has nothing to do with Russia's idiotic defense spending. Nice deflection though.
>Yes I would cope this hard as well if your cant make it. But it seems the US has no way of intercepting it?
Always fun when ESLs try this hard. Again, none of that has anything to do with the initial comment. Russia's defense spending is retarded, especially given their economic limitations. Having some moronic nuclear "just poison my whole ocean guys!" torpedo isn't going to change that. Hell, if they wanted to, they could just keep operating their regular subs; one is bound to catch fire and sink again, and you've got a good chance of irradiating a good part of whatever body of water it sinks in then; save the multi-trillion dollar R&D project.

>Yeah, no fuck Ivan. 4th and 5th generation what? Jets? Tanks? Radar? Dildos?

aircraft jose what else?

>Glad this has nothing to do with Russia's idiotic defense spending. Nice deflection
though.

Well they have achieved more geopolitically than what the US has done on a lesser budget.

>Always fun when ESLs try this hard. Again, none of that has anything to do with the initial comment. Russia's defense spending is retarded, especially given their economic limitations. Having some moronic nuclear "just poison my whole ocean guys!" torpedo isn't going to change that. Hell, if they wanted to, they could just keep operating their regular subs; one is bound to catch fire and sink again, and you've got a good chance of irradiating a good part of whatever body of water it sinks in then; save the multi-trillion dollar R&D project.

The amount of waiting for replies made me suggest your a tard. So if the US has no chance of intercepting it like a defense shield it sounds pretty decent to me. F-35s burn and crash as well guess the aircraft is like their subs.

>their subs
>Russians saying anything about submarines
lmao
Don't you have more charred sailors to bury, Ivan?

>lmaoDon't you have more charred sailors to bury, Ivan?

How about charred airmen flying F-35s or f-22 pilots suffocating from oxygen Jose?

Well, considering the fact that the only F-35 crew member that's died has been a Japanese pilot, I don't think we do. Meanwhile, more and more Russian sailors get failed by their leaders, their engineers, and their training.

>Well, considering the fact that the only F-35 crew member that's died has been a Japanese pilot, I don't think we do. Meanwhile, more and more Russian sailors get failed by their leaders, their engineers, and their training.

Does a crash in south Carolina ring a bell to?

Russian sailors get failed by their leaders, their engineers, and their training.

guess the same for pilots.

>aircraft jose what else?
I'm not a psychic, you stupid vodkanigger. In any case, Russia is dumping huge quantities of money into their own failed 5th gen program, so I'm still not sure what you're bitching about.
>Well they have achieved more geopolitically than what the US has done on a lesser budget.
Cool, way to move the goalposts. I mean, I disagree with that statement, but it really has nothing to do with the argument at hand, so...
>your a tard
the irony is palpable
>So if the US has no chance of intercepting it like a defense shield
Any nation on earth with access to nuclear power is just as capable of creating an equally destructive nuclear device without it having to ever leave their own borders. Status-6 accomplishes nothing that a major reactor incident couldn't. But the rest of the world realizes that it's a pretty bad idea to do something like that; especially when your economy is so heavily reliant on trade (as Russia's is). We're not arguing whether or not Status-6 is a capable weapon, we're arguing whether or not it needs to exist in the first place (it doesn't).
>it sounds pretty decent to me
Fortunately for us, we don't have people like you handling our procurement. Unfortunately for Russia, they do.
>F-35s burn and crash as well guess the aircraft is like their subs.
And closing with solid strawman.

Attached: 1521356424184.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

F-15SE is marketed by Boeing as having the same frontal aspect RCS as an F-35. It does not have an S-Duct.

Americans also believe canards can't into stealth. And yet J-20 has lower frontal aspect RCS than F-35.

>Well they have achieved more geopolitically than what the US has done on a lesser budget.

They spend more as a proportion of their GDP and have little sway outside of a handful of areas, not really something you want to advertise.

>So if the US has no chance of intercepting it like a defense shield it sounds pretty decent to me

The poseidon is a loud piece of junk that is virtually worthless save for the fact that the government can tell people it "solved" the anti-ballistic missile problem.

>I'm not a psychic, you stupid vodkanigger. In any case, Russia is dumping huge quantities of money into their own failed 5th gen program, so I'm still not sure what you're bitching about.

most common term used mutt for aircrafts.

>Cool, way to move the goalposts. I mean, I disagree with that statement, but it really has nothing to do with the argument at hand, so...

talking about spending or do you know what you even write or post anymore?

>Any nation on earth with access to nuclear power is just as capable of creating an equally destructive nuclear device without it having to ever leave their own borders. Status-6 accomplishes nothing that a major reactor incident couldn't. But the rest of the world realizes that it's a pretty bad idea to do something like that; especially when your economy is so heavily reliant on trade (as Russia's is). We're not arguing whether or not Status-6 is a capable weapon, we're arguing whether or not it needs to exist in the first place (it doesn't).

You do realize the capabilities of missile defenses don't you? What good is having multiple ICBMs if most in the future will get intercepted? To make this very simple for you to understand what is harder to intercept a ICBM or a underwater nuke? I hope you do not have the same mentality with the Avangard.

>And closing with solid strawman.

implying you have not done it.

>J-20 has lower frontal aspect RCS than F-35.
>source_please.jpg

>They spend more as a proportion of their GDP and have little sway outside of a handful of areas, not really something you want to advertise.

ehh check where they rank in military spending.

>The poseidon is a loud piece of junk that is virtually worthless save for the fact that the government can tell people it "solved"

There has not been a single weapon so far from the US that has wowed me.

>There has not been a single weapon so far from the US that has wowed me.
Surprising, considered how you are wowed by large torpedos.

Rise and shine, mr Ivan! Rise and shine!

>ehh check where they rank in military spending.
How much you spend in total isn't as important as how much you spend relative to your economy.

>There has not been a single weapon so far from the US that has wowed me.
Cool opinion.

So has the US developed any weapon to fuck with missile defense shields well besides the Russians anyways?

Isn't the military overspending, what really killed Soviet Union?

>How much you spend in total isn't as important as how much you spend relative to your economy.

economy is still growing.

>Cool opinion.

thanks

It doesn't need to, Russia's ABM forces cover very little and are no where near as capable as comparable US systems.

This is not a coherent sentence, try again.

No.

>most common term used mutt for aircrafts.
This isn't even English anymore. I can't do anything with this.
>talking about spending or do you know what you even write or post anymore?
So, to recap here: I bring up Russia's idiotic 4th Gen tank program. You counter by saying that the US has adopted APS as the Soviets had decades ago, which I can only assume is some attempt to justify spending on the T-14. I point out that modern APS are a pretty good idea, so of course we would adopt them. You then shift the topic to our reliance on Israel to expedite the procurement process, which has literally nothing to do with Russia at this point. I say that. You somehow turn it into a delusion of Russia having some grand sphere of influence outside a handful of 3rd world dumpster fires on a smaller budget than the US as if that's supposed to impress anyone. I'm pretty sure that wraps it up nicely.
>What good is having multiple ICBMs if most in the future will get intercepted?
The fuck are you talking about. I'll be the first to admit that the US is lagging in ABM technology, at least for what we spend on it. If anything, Russia is in a prime spot to exploit that by focusing on furthering an already impressive ICBM arsenal and furthering their MIRV development. This is as opposed to a torpedo which lacks most of the capabilities of an ICBM (for example, attacking targets not on the coast... like most of America's nuclear arsenal) in exchange for a momentary edge in stealthiness and an unnecessary amount of global antagonism.
>To make this very simple for you to understand what is harder to intercept a ICBM or a underwater nuke?
Probably the one travelling at insane speeds and can be deployed by the thousands to places where there isn't water.
>implying you have not done it.
here's the difference, Vatfuck; it's not my entire argument.

I will simplify this.

US: We have GMDs to intercept ICBMs.

Russia: looks like we will have to get creative with mach 27 low altitude flight vehicles and 1km fast and deep nukes

US: We will make more plain old ICBMs

Russia: ahh sweet thank you for having no creativity and making life easier for us to intercept your targets with our ground radars, s-500s and A-235 systems.

Yes. Let's simplify it further.

>US ABM: credible defense
>Russian ABM: Non credible defense.

>This isn't even English anymore. I can't do anything with this.

Yes calling you a mutt is not English yet your responding.

>So, to recap here: I bring up Russia's idiotic 4th Gen tank program. You counter by saying that the US has adopted APS as the Soviets had decades ago, which I can only assume is some attempt to justify spending on the T-14

Yes just pointing out there is nothing technologically amazing about the Abrams and the company is useless relying on another country you got it.

>This is as opposed to a torpedo which lacks most of the capabilities of an ICBM (for example, attacking targets not on the coast... like most of America's nuclear arsenal) in exchange for a momentary edge in stealthiness and an unnecessary amount of global antagonism.

Still kills millions of people and destroys naval or coastal military bases, still difficult to intercept.

>Probably the one travelling at insane speeds and can be deployed by the thousands to places where there isn't water.

Any defenses to intercept the underwater nuke though?

>here's the difference, Vatfuck; it's not my entire argument.

You take too fucking long or spend too much energy writing all this shit that I am already bored responding to you and its late over here.

Good night.

>s-500s and A-235 systems.

That cover virtually nothing and won't actually be able to defend against a full weapons exchange. Not only that but these things are wastes of money, Russia doesn't have any little fuckers like North Korea or Iran who might one day chuck a rocket their way.

>still difficult to intercept.

Literally all you need is a few fishing boats with long sonar lines and a few aircraft on call with nuclear depth charges and they are virtually useless.

>he responds to your retardation saying it's too retarded to understand
>U RESPONDED LOL

Yeah it's best you leave kiddo.

The stark defense of such failure as Poseidon torpedo makes me think we have an Federation employee here.
>it will create tsunami to sink whole coast at once
No fucking way a megaton scale warhead move that much of a mass of water
>but it will irradiate the whole harbor!
Again, even the largest warhead is just a fart in the hurricane compared to ocean
>it travels through deep sea, out of american reach!
But ivan, if Poseidon has to come close to harbor, it's shallow water again
> noooo, it's to fast to get caught
What is intercepting course, ivan?
>doesn't matter, it's stealth, it's a complete surprise as it creeps hundreds of miles to it's target
You have a loud, unshielded nuclear reactor on a small robot frantically trying to reach other side of ocean. If anything, the launching of Poseidon gives even more time for carefully planned retaliatory strike.

>It's hard for me to read more than the label on a bottle of vodka and it's past my bedtime, so I win

Attached: 1549426638696.jpg (960x952, 37K)

Well there's two issues, funding and brain drain. If you have the smarts to be making a big impact on these projects, you have the smarts to move to somewhere that can actually pay you for those talents.

That guy ejected tard

To be fair, russians are not very used to the thought that their pilots survive.

>What's future of the russian military once the last systems developed in the 90s
At the risk of sounding implessive, their future is buying Chinese. Every program they've had since the fall of the USSR has either been

A) an Embarassing turd
B) Outright cancelled or "soft cancelled" to save face.

I’m pretty certain that’s exactly what’s going to happen. China’s rapidly surpassing Russia in nearly every meaningful technological field. Eventually, Ivan’s gonna be buying Chinese instead of the other way around.

I do not understand why the vatniks should shill their military equipment here so hard? If it really is as bad as burgers say about it, then it is better not to shame. And if it’s good, mutts will be unpleasantly surprised when shit hits a fan.

Portraying an image of strength has a great deal of value so long as it's believable, regardless of the truth.

The Russian national ego is bruised and battered to shit, and their weapon export business is one of the few things they have that isn't just raw materials.

World leader in heavy industrial machinery or parts for heavy industrial machinery. Keep seething and keep buying cheap Chinese crap.

>World leader in heavy industrial machinery or parts for heavy industrial machinery
That would be China.

They´ll develop modern weapon systems which are just as capable as the wests, or procure them from China and other non-aligned states. However, since their economy is about as big as Canada´s, there´s a fair chance their army will end up about the same size as Canada´s.
NATO will try to do some damage control on the Russians behalf, before designating China as new agressor in a bid to stay relevant.

Is Armatard a redditor now or is there just more slavtards of equal retardation?

Attached: back_to_reddit.png (448x421, 259K)

So what is the russian military doing well? Personal soldier equipment and bodyarmor?

Attached: 66910243_115430576408816_8739739134274306048_n.jpg (720x690, 73K)

Not really. Although it is entertaining to see Russian fanboys claim the kneepads and load bearing vests issued by the Russian military are made with bullet resistant fibers and can stop M995 AP

china already has been designated as the new aggressor. most major NATO members are focusing their efforts on the pacific