Is this the ultimate SHTF food?

Is this the ultimate SHTF food?

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (488x488, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amagicalplace.wikia.com/wiki/Sticky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Our board centers around weapons, armor, and other myriad military technology. While guns are the primary topic, threads involving any other sort of weapons, from swords and knives to tanks and jet fighters, come up frequently as well. If you're new, we suggest reading the sticky at amagicalplace.wikia.com/wiki/Sticky to get acquainted with the board's subject matter.

>implying dense as shit good long term calorie dense food isn't myriad military technology

Dense motherfucker.

>X is Jow Forums related because [mental gymnastics]

just go to another board and make new friends. you don't have to talk about everything with us.

No, that would be pemmican.
peanut butter soils much more easily and also lacks the protein.
Also, if we’re stock piling nut butters I’d rather have some cashew butter or hazelnut butter.

You forgot your shark picture.

Good bait.

im not op, I would have told him to go to /out/
anyway
this is now an info thread

new infos appreciated

Attached: 1496701184080.jpg (700x950, 279K)

why ask Jow Forums when /out/ actually goes out of the house?

Attached: 1496701666893.jpg (700x670, 85K)

>OWS

I remember that before the leftshit activists took over.

Attached: 1496704031720.png (459x596, 106K)

please stop spamming this shit and just let the thread die. we've ALL seen these stupid infographics.

just going down the list, man

Attached: 1496704177193.png (800x1200, 379K)

Bad bot.

post better ones

Attached: VX Gas Synthesis.png (1296x2870, 377K)

grass

Protein, carbs and fiber. Something like this would be better. Can be eaten hot or cold.

Attached: 0005100011285_500X500.jpg (500x500, 26K)

It's pronounced gif you dumbass

Peanut butter is pretty good. Imo rice is the best option. Worked for the Vietnamese pretty damn well

Nigger do you not know the ultimate survival staple?

Attached: 0CF69F35-01D7-4EBB-AF84-AF43567467E3.jpg (450x450, 60K)

i wish i could afford the name brand stuff. thats a special sunday breakfast

Attached: 10points.gif (400x275, 861K)

Even generic is soo fukking good it makes me pop a stiffy

no, Skippy is the Ultimate

and Chunky is for F*GS

Wouldn't be bad to have some around, it's got some calories to it, and the flavor is very pleasing, it can improve even the blandest bread.

I guess it'd make more sense for short term SHTF then, which is the most likely kind anyway.

That was almost certainly a deliberate tactic.

I keep a large jar of Jiff in my get home/overnight bag.

probably stupidest question of the day coming through. what is the shelf life of organic peanut Butter and would it be possible to extend the shelf Life by vacuuming the jar it comes in in mylar bags?

>if we’re stock piling nut butters
i got cha' nut butter right here buddy!
>grabs genitals vigorously

It's pretty good, yes. Certainly good for the price, hobos know.

The tear gas infographics are always so extremely wrong. Please delet this off your machine.

Poppy seeds

>not roast beef hash
try it and be convinced

dog food is although i tried to eat it once and threw up because of the texture

I bought a can of this after seeing it on Jow Forums a lot and it was terrible. I’d eat it if I was starving but that’s about it.

I've literally never had a corned beef hash that wasn't fucking amazing. Canned corned beef and some of their other hash offerings are some of the worst though.

I won't feed anything to my dog I haven't tried myself. Mostly just very bland meat.

I love corned beef hash, which is why I decided to give this a try. But it just tasted like Vienna sausage and soggy French fries

A lot of stuff is great for short-term since you should rotate out your stock every so often to keep it fresh and eating it means you know what the flavor will be and how to improve it. If you're planning on relocating to a safe zone, variety and nutrition are gonna outweigh a five-year shelf life.

>not cannibalism

Attached: robert e. lee pwns battle of glendale.png (884x642, 1.11M)

Makes for oily, difficult to clean up shits. Great way to get an ass infection if you can't take a shower everyday.

>eating it means you know what the flavor will be
If you are going to stock up, it is incredibly important to know how the stuff smells and tastes when it is fresh. Those are going to be your two warning systems that something has turned but hasn't quite gone putrid.

Uuh, maybe your stomach doesn't like peanuts?

That's true.

>Chunky
>not the master race
This nigga eatin PB without the P.

>drops “pemmican” into the thread

Attached: DFE2CD97-BF35-440F-B734-9D2604F8AD7F.jpg (600x797, 58K)

Chunky wouldn't bother me if it wasn't the same price as smooth. They clearly did less work on the chunky version and I feel like its price should reflect that. As a result, I make my own chunky peanut butter with smooth PB and loose peanuts.

>peanut butter soils much more easily and also lacks the protein.
um no sweetie, peanut butter doesn't lack protein. It's a legume and those are typically quite high in protein content. Peanut butter was invented as a cheap solution to feed bed stricken people with a medical problem that needed a high protein diet.
I use to eat it all the time when I was into weight lifting every day because it's high in protein despite being high calorie it's cheap, stays good for a long time and don't require a lot of special conditions for storage. When it does go bad it's just the oil separating and can usually be fixed by adding more. It isn't that bad to eat on it's own, and it pairs nicely with other foods.

Attached: 1560613837769.jpg (327x1007, 120K)

>Skippy
I see you haven't tried the ultimate peanut butter yet

Attached: creamy-original-peanut-butter-45241.png (500x500, 32K)

raw all natural honey

sorry I dont live in nigger infested neighborhoods.

White rice is the ultimate shtf food. 50lb bag costs 20 dollars and lasts longer than you will live if stored correctly.

>pork and beans
>better than peanut butter
That jar of peanut butter has more protein, fats and fibre than 10 tins of pork and beans. There's a reason it's shipped world wide with rice as staple aid food.

Attached: Nectar of the gods.jpg (488x488, 60K)

>ultimate SHTF food

Attached: ramen.jpg (1200x934, 188K)

Attached: harry ford.jpg (323x323, 49K)

SHTF is Jow Forums related and that's not mental gymnastics you fucking mongoloid. Just because you have enough jars of your dad's semen to sustain you until the heat death of the universe doesn't mean the rest of us are so well prepared.

A jar of peanut butter is not a weapon, unless you are fighting niggers with peanut allergies

Quick ramen is pretty worthless. Some brands are pretty tasty, but it's just a little bit of carbs and a bunch of salt mostly, I can eat one of those and feel hungry again in half an hour.

Attached: Ramen - nutrition.jpg (640x377, 200K)

52g carbs,14g of fat and 10gr of protein per bag all for $0.20.

This is an iffy one. I've looked hard but can't find a shred of evidence that Maalox helps in any way against tear gas.

2 grams of sodium in 380 calories.
thats fucking shit user.
Ramen is nigger tier shtf food

It's SHTF food not a lifestyle bro. If you live anywhere that's hot as fuck you're gonna want all the salt you can get.

Pretty low tier. Instant ramen is nothing but a snack IMO, it's not a real meal and it won't fill you up or give you nutrients like a real meal.

Like a microwave pizza or some shit like that is better than instant ramen, at least that will make you feel full.

Eh, I guess as a sodium supplement it'll work, but you still have the question of actual calories.

I'm not saying your preps should consist SOLELY of ramen. Just that for what it costs it does have some things going for it. Also ramens can get your dick sucked in prison and SHTF will be a lot like prison so...think of them as $0.20 blowjob tickets with a decent shelf life that you can also eat if you get a bit peckish.

Most manufacturers make creamy, and then add crushed peanuts chunks back in. They intentionally adulterate a high quality product and then charge you the same price for it.

Youve beeen watching too much townsend user

Reminder that all the 70+ year old peanut butter from C rats that Steve has eaten were all creamy while anything with actual chunks of nuts in it was rancid. i don't store anything but creamy.

>Phase 1- Buy peanut butter and battle buddy
>Phase 2- ?????
>Phase 3- Profit!

I'ts like a meal and treat in the same jar!

This

Corn beef hash tastes like a smoking hot 17 year old Betsy Ross’s juicy pussy. If you didn’t like it, your mouth was probably contaminated form all the nigger cum residue stuck between your teeth.
Floss, try it again, and be amazed you blacked faggit cuck

>I remember that before the leftshit activists took over.
>I remember it before the time I imagined ever existed

you have to fry it or bake it retard, you're not supposed to heat it in the microwave

76% of your daily amount of Sodium for 380 calories, Holy Shit that's a heart attack in a plastic wrapper.

>all this processed crap with enough sodium to kill a small child
So everyone plans on getting heart disease during the happening?

>he's never backpacked 80 miles through the mountains between towns
ramen is terrible for you, but the calorie to ounce ratio can't be beat

You don't have to use the whole seasoning packet. I realize this is arcane knowledge but I'll risk my status in the cult to reveal it to you.

>not using the whole seasoning packet and mixing it with tuna
basic and fagpilled

long term heart health and excess sodium intake is probably somewhere near the bottom of your list of concerns in a SHTF scenario where you're rationing ramen packets to survive

and woah get this you can use 1/3rd or half the packet, then tape it back up and use it later

stock up now desu

Attached: 9 servings almost 3 days of fat and sodium.jpg (350x550, 46K)

One of the reasons I don't eat them that much anymore.
For some SHTF scenarios though, you might want a boost in salt on occasion.

Wouldn't salt pills be better though?

Probably, but not as enjoyable.

What if they are in suppository form tho?

enjoying what you eat is pretty damn important in a situation where eating might be the 1 positive highlight of your day

Too true, a lot of people don't stop to consider that.
There's a reason most first world militaries will actually try to make field rations decent, helps with morale.

It doesn't help at all.

im going to rape you to death with a bayonet. there, now its Jow Forumsrelated. Oh, and I'm going to lube your boipuccy up with a fresh jar of Skippy. So now the peanut butter is related too.

make that shit into a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs. shits cash money.

It's always good to have, but pic related is actually god-tier. Carbs, fat, and protein for 99 cents. Otherwise, this with a big bag of rice, dry beans along with peanut butter, canned vegetables, canned fruit, and canned meats would put you in a position where you have complete foods with real nutrition for next to no money. Haters gonna hate. Also dry spaghetti with jars of sauce is god-tier.

whoops forgot pic

Attached: 81j9LcFXAfL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 220K)

Also, add a big bag of flour to this and a gallon or so of olive oil and a canister of salt and sugar and you have a basic cheap complete prepping pantry for probably well under $100

Not him but I prefer the corned beef myself. My wife only buys the roast beef, says the corned beef is terrible. She might be retarded. Also try the sausage hash one.

Plain matzos (not egg) and pure honey are the two best foods that keep forever if stored properly. I think that Chosen ancient people were on to something.

Skippy sucks. Tastes like playdoh with JIF in it

People have eaten honey recovered from Egyptian tombs.

It's $4 for 1100 kcals of matzo. You can get 6 packs of ramen for $1. That's like 9100 kcals for $4.

I love when I'm around faggots that did time for felonies and they get all gay with each other about the ramen they'd put potato chips and other silly shit in, reminiscing about prison like they were on a fucking vacation. Then I start talking about buying guns, going shooting and voting and they shut up.

Food is a technology, faggot.

do you really think anyone is gonna read all that you dumb dirty ape?

It's a great SHTF Food, but it needs better Packaging to survive the the SHTF

...Just remember to have a can opener

Attached: Iron Rations.jpg (868x1166, 348K)