Ruger lcp a good cc pocket pistol?

Ruger lcp a good cc pocket pistol?

Attached: lcp.jpg (848x477, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GKcQUZYA_go
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a fun little gun. The LCP 1 is great too.

What about as an edc as your only gun?

Do you already have a carry gun? Because I wouldn't recommend a pocket gun to anyone for a first carry gun. That being said the LCP2 is pretty solid but the G43 is a more reliable choice for a .380 subcompact.

>G43
G42*

Yes, and I carry everywhere I go. I pocket carry my LCP in scrubs every day in a desantis holster. Even when I'm in jeans I leave the glock 19 at home 80% of the time these days in favor of LCP in a cheap leather slide holster, it's just so damn light

>Because I wouldn't recommend a pocket gun to anyone for a first carry gun
Yes, a p229, and I want something much smaller. Didn't like subcompacts either, I want a pocket pistol.

Go for it then. LCP2 is better than the G42 as a pocket pistol anyways. It's just so tiny. Not fun to shoot at all though.

If you like sig, the 238 is fucking amazing. I carry it instead of an HK P2000sk. Crisp trigger, very accurate for its size, and comfortable to shoot without the pinky extender.

If you want a 9mm, the 938 is a great option too. I got the .380 because it fits in my pants pocket so well.

Attached: 1562727781-picsay.jpg (768x1024, 154K)

There’s something about the way the LCP2 fits in the web of my palm that makes it a bit painful to shoot

Only problem is condition 0 > condition 1, so a walther ppk would be my choice.
And yes, I know with training unlocking the safety doesn't affect draw time, but it's an extra step regardless.

LCP2 is a really nice pocket pistol.
But at the end of they day, it's just a pocket pistol.

>.380 when it's the same size as the 9mm
You're fucking stupid, you're saying to carry a weaker cartridge that costs more per round in the exact same gun. The literal only reason to carry the 42 is if you can't get your hands on the 43 for some reason.

Attached: ReallyGaijin.jpg (497x604, 29K)

>muh stopping power
Nigger a .380 will take someone out, with less recoil in a frame like that. I’d rather have a quick reaction time and good shot placement with a less unruly round than one that would be harder to handle in a life or death situation.

youtube.com/watch?v=GKcQUZYA_go

Attached: 1540700666774.png (763x1051, 503K)

Invest in some keyboard cleaner, user.

Jebus.

Attached: blarrrrghghgh.jpg (680x680, 115K)

>ess recoil in a frame like that
I've shot both in the same day. With defensive loads, it's the exact same recoil impulse.
>9mm
>unruly round
>hard to handle
good fucking lord how soi are you? Do you have any arm strength to speak of? 9mm even out of a pocket pistol is easy as hell to control and follow up with. Literally go do 1 fucking pushup a day and you won't have to carry 9mm kuck.

Attached: BRUH.jpg (197x268, 65K)

No. That's my backup rations for when shtf.

I've got the earlier gen. Sucks to shoot at anything over 5 yards really, but very nice pocket gun. I have mine almost at all times.

>zim zam's gun jams after first shot due to contact

revolver confirmed better than tiny auto.

LCP is crap.
Other pocket autos are also.

If I carry it. I am shooting 1,000's of rounds a month, along with dry fire (snap caps).

Yea it sucks to shoot small guns, oh well. You have to practice, and know how it functions in different situations.

The three autos I have owned, all broke. They don't stand the test of time. They are designed for low round counts.

>It is airweight or g26 or bust.

Anyone have experience with NNA mini revolvers?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

I have had one since they first released.
Extremely easy to carry.
Slightly below average reliability.
I still carry mine everywhere.
Ymmv

Shut the fuck up you noguns faggot nobody and I mean NOBODY shoots 1,000 rounds out of their carry gun per month that is the most retarded fauxperator bullshit I have ever heard on this website four chan.

I love my LCP 1 . Extremely easy and comfortable to carry.

Yes. The LCP is a good pocket pistol. If you choose an LCP 2 keep in mind that to be safe you will need to have it in pocket holster. The trigger is too light to straight pocket carry.
If you are looking to buy go find one you can rent, borrow or shoot first.

cringe
based

Sure is summer

You sound jealous.

>Anyone have experience with NNA mini revolvers?

Yep. They suck to shoot. But if you shove it in someone’s belly you don’t have to worry about hitting.

1000? I believe it. 1000(s)? yeah i guess if it's your only gun. Honestly dryfire is cheaper and easier to increase practice. The most incredulous part is shooting 1000 of any defensive ammo.

Yes, unpopular opinion but LCP I gen 2 is better. Work on grip strength and put a bit of rubberized talon grip on it and you will be able to shoot it like a beast with some practice.

I would rather have something in 9mm any day, but nothing beats the LCP when you need something as small as possible. I carry mine at work and government buildings without metal detectors.

For a pocket pistol, it's decent enough.

I own the LCP 1. It jams occasionally even after being cleaned, the grip is slightly awkward, and try as I might I still can't hit the broadside of a barn with it. The only real shining pro it has going for it is that it's easily concealable.

Even if they were the same size, it would be perfectly reasonable for ladies, children, and others with weak grips to prefer a less-powerful round in the same physical size to allow faster followups to any given accuracy standard. (Or, stress being what it is, less wildly inaccurate magdumps at similar speed.)

>it's the exact same recoil impulse.
Yes, because the G42 is significantly smaller and lighter. Making it a little easier to conceal in twink pants, but wiping out the handling/shooting benefits the weaker cartridge would have in a truly identical gun.

Attached: Glock G43 vs G42 size comparison.png (737x900, 247K)

If you're wearing shorts often because of local climate and are short on money it's a reasonable choice.

Thousands of rounds per month
Asks about a shitty little revolver.

238 is a much more reliable option.

It's heavy and chunky. It's like carrying a beretta to a glock 19. Nothing wrong with it but there are drawbacks too.

It is in no way heavy or chunky, I carry it in my fucking sweatpants...

The p238 weighs 15 ounces.

Yes the lcp 2 isn’t that snappy to shoot and can be carried in places you shouldn’t be carrying

I meant compared to an LCP. Still smaller than a 9mm obviously.

It's a 200 dollar pocket gun designed to be as small as possible. No shit it won't last as long as a Glock. Youd have to shoot 10 times the guns worth to wear it out so it doesn't even matter. Just make sure to replace the recoil spring every thousand rounds or so and don't use """+p""" .380 since there is no such thing.

No such place.

It's a decent little pocket gun. Just make sure it functions 100% with whatever ammo you carry. My first lcp2 jammed all the time and ruger had to replace it because they couldn't fix it. new one is reliable so far.. but Its always in the back of my mind that it may fail, whereas my 9mm has been 4k rnds with no failures. Something to consider.

Literally no one shoots "thousands" of rounds a month out of their CC. Low hundreds is much more realistic, and even that's a lot

I had to send my LCP back to Ruger. It was a lemon. Their customer service is great tho, but they ended up putting an entirely new slide/barrel on it
They're great pocket pistols, probably the best. Really convenient and lightweight

42 looks too big to me for .380. The LCP is tiny

I carry an NAA .22 around. Not as a primary tho

I carry one every day and it's great for work trips. My company (like most) doesn't allow firearms and when I am in sketchy areas it's perfect for a little added comfort