Just how influential was this gun?

>just how influential was this gun?
>Is the SMG semi worth the $5500

Attached: SMG-FG42-ZF4.jpg (900x393, 264K)

Bro just imagine how rustled all the boomers and fudds will be agh the range when you roll up with that thing with a rattle can camo paint job, VFG, sure fire light, and cookie cutter muzzle brake

Well M60s are still in use on some helis and in NG units to this day, so I guess it influenced that.
>Is the SMG semi worth the $5500
If its worth it to you.

>tfw the FG42 is still more customizable and better handling than a G3 clone

Fuck I hate the G3 platform so much.

Didn’t it form the basis for the M-60 and a number of other GPMGs?

It’s actual operating mechanism is more prolific than the STG44, although conceptually the stg was much more influential

nah bro just save up 250k for an original one

Kek

The M60 was based off its action using a MG42 style feed system. The AR and most standard format mil rifles from then on used its trigger. It was probably the first bullpupish rifle that was successful.

maybe one day you'll actually touch one too

How’s it close to a bull pup?

closed bolt in semiauto
open bolt in fullaut

Action and magazine are either straight above or slightly to the rear of the trigger. Hence bullpupish

Id love to have one, just wish it was more affordable

To compress the size of the gun they wanted to move the mag forward. Because they didn't quite figure out mag behind the trigger (mostly due to how the action works), the mag ends up right next to the trigger.

It’s insanely affordable compared to an original?

retards like you should not own either one

Fuck that

But this tho

Attached: STGW5702.jpg (1200x675, 256K)

Why not Görings original pistol Walter PKK for 400k

>tfw literally debating between a PE57 and a FG42 semi right now

Fucking kill me

I want a side loaded ar15 upper that ejects the rounds downward out of the mag well, same with 9mm conversions that take sten mags or colt mags. I'd only run 20rnd straight walled GI mags through the gun and larp so fucking hard.

>influential

Zero. Its literally a unicorn, and not a great one at that.

you still can't beat that loading lever

>Well M60s are still in use on some helis and in NG units to this day

No they aren't. They're using M240s.

The M60 is better than a 240 in every way other than longevity.

The 240 is the greatest machine gun ever built.

Aside from some parts of the M60, I don't think the FG 42 influenced much.
At the time of its creation it was a niche rifle created for airborne troops that were no longer conducting combat jumps. The design itself is an effective one but the requirements the Luftwaffe created for the weapon were a bit silly to begin with.