AR Pistol for HD

If you used an AR pistol for HD and it went to court, would you be putting yourself at extra risk vs a rifle? Would it be bad optics?

Attached: ar pistol.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

olyarms.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=26
info.publicintelligence.net/FBIAAROfficerShooting.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Assuming it was in a legal configuration, no, you wouldn't get in additional trouble.

Make sure have a suppressor for a short barrel like that. That thing will be pushing 180 decibels

How far away are your neighbors? You’re using the wrong tool for the job.

As long as your gun is legal I don’t think it would hurt you in anyway. I would avoid cringe meme shit on your HD gun though. I feel like that could be used against you in court.

And with a suppressor it will only be 160 decibels

depends does your state of castle doctrine. if it doesnt then yeah your fuck no matter what.

is this just a meme? I shot my 8.5" pistol innamountains alongside my buddies 16.1 inch rifle and had no real discernible difference in the sound and the pistol was not uncomfortable to shoot audibly at all.

I was shooting xm193's too

AR pistols are the dumbest fucking memes around. stop being poor and get a SBR, or compromise with a pinned/welded 14.5".

This has been debunked ages ago.
Read up before you give shit advice.

It will be much louder indoors and could cause real damage to your ears

>AR pistol
are they not SBRs but with a brace instead of a stock?

Paying 200$ for zero advantage is retarded.
Your stamp was a bad idea. A terrible use of 200$ and now you're also on the ATF list.
Cope more.

strapping an 8 pound 24" chunk of metal to your wrist is unequivocally retarded. as is trying to shoot it by shouldering a nub for a stock.

>think they weigh 8lb
>think you strap them to your wrist
>think they are nubs
can't tell if you're baiting or not at this point

Attached: braces.jpg (4032x3024, 1.64M)

weigh the top gun with a fully loaded magazine and the optic attached. also yes, they are nubs.

you can't tell i'm baiting but i can tell that you're too poor to pay $200 for a stamp.

>Bro it's not bad outside so surely it will be comfortable indoors
Are you retarded?

No, you're just dumb.

Everyone kept saying "Double up on earpro with that! even if you're outside!" and it was basically the same. I can see why a pistol would possibly be louder indoors but I can't imagine it would be all that much worse than a 5.56 going through a rifle. Already that'd be pretty fuckin loud.

>Just give them money and be a bootlicker, or cuck your rifle!

your already deaf if you cant tell the difference

ok, then quit being a pussy and build an illegal SBR. that alone is more respectable than a meme AR pistol.

The muzzle device really plays the largest factor in perceived loudness from the shooter

Wake up. It's 2019. Take a look around at your options.
Modern AR pistols are definitely the way to go now.

Don't forget to ask for permission before you cross any state lines friend! :^)

And give permission to the ATF to "inspect" my home home at any given time?
Fuck that

You are correct
The "braces" on AR pistols are just stocks with velcro straps

Preach it

>paying 200$ for a sbr stamp in 2019
jesus what a chump

Wouldn’t advise, unless MAYBE it’s an AR-9. Ever shot a 10 Inch 5.56 pistol? Do it once with no hearing protection and at night, and then consider what that would be like in a confined space. Also 5.56 is absolutely shit to suppress for many reasons that most people don’t consider so ignore all the people saying you should do that. The only thing it would help with is the flash (practically like a small concussive grenade going off a foot away from your face) and even though it decreases sound it’s negligable when inside a confined space.

Another potential consideration is extreme over penetration in the case of a miss (really doesn’t matter if you live in a secluded area)

Personally I would recommend a 9mm carbine for home defense, stay away from shotguns for the same reasons listed above^ (disorientation, sound, slow to reload, etc.)

However AR-9s tend to be a bit pricey (not sure if that’s an issue for you) so if you’d like look into the alternatives.

Attached: 6797685C-F19A-418E-8438-323F8A3F9811.jpg (1328x750, 146K)

>Extreme over penetration
Except shotguns and 9mm will both penetrate more than M193. Keep lying my dude.

>M193 FMJ penetrates less than #4 12g and JHP 9mm

Lol.

Wrong. There's many vetted articles and studies on this.
Remember 'youtube evidence' is not the same as real studies.
Here's one to start you out.

Attached: CBD46B13-C620-4D16-907E-49A8EE861EF0.jpg (1024x956, 137K)

I know it's difficult to understand, but armor penetration and environmental penetration are 2 different things.

I’m sorry mate but you’d really ought to think more about what you’re trying to say before you post something. Maybe link something next time champ?

I love the pic user
The ATF is retarded

Not that faggot but it’s common knowledge that hi velocity low weight fragmenting ammo destabilizes quickly upon contact. The resulting fragments will not penetrate further barriers, unlike a slow bullet designed to retain weight.

google it yourself retard

Battle buddy agrees, he wants to live.

Attached: F81AC830-FF60-4F2F-805C-5462779AC2B1.jpg (4032x3024, 2.28M)

>give permission to the ATF to "inspect" my home home at any given time
that's enough fuddlore for one day, gramps. go home home and take your meds.

>a 9mm hollowpoint will penetrate more than a 5.56 FMJ

>”it’s common knowledge”

Pls link

Lol imagine samefagging

Ok at this point I agree with other user, just google it faggot. One bullet is designed to retain mass during penetration, the other is designed to yaw/fragment. If you can’t figure this out you might need a tard wrangler.

>And give permission to the ATF to "inspect" my home home at any given time?

Why do people think this? Having stamps does not mean the ATF can just come to your house.

They can inspect where your weapon is stored with no stipulations to time or date
The storage location is usually the owners house

“Just google it” = I tried to find a source but couldn’t because my claim is unfounded

Make sure you try to research something first before you spread misinfo

I bought a Freedeom Ordnance FX-9 on Bud's for $650. Shipping insurance and a lifetime warranty brought it to $700.

Attached: 20190712_212732.jpg (2576x1932, 1.17M)

3rd user here. It is true that 5.56 has lower post-barrier lethality given common environmental barriers like wood, auto glass, brick/cinderblock, etc relative to pistol calibers. 5.56 is better at penetrating steel if it hits at a flat angle. Another user already linked, so if you're too lazy to google maybe you could try reading the thread next time.

Here's one on 5.56 penetration to start you out. It's been posted in this thread twice already. I'm not sure it will help though, you seem too stupid to teach.

Huh, that’s weird because they don’t seem to test 9mm at all in that report that you posted and every time it mentions the ability of a pistol caliber penetrating a barrier better than 5.56 it doesn’t specify what calibers it’s talking about. Again, 9mm hollowpoint fired from a carbine rifle will have less penetration than a 5.56 FMJ fires from a carbine. If you could link to a comparative study rather than an irrelevant one maybe I will reconsider my thinking

>too stupid to teach

>links the first study he can find on google without actually reading through it

That's because in the test, they used multiple projectiles, and multiple calibers, hollow points, soft points, and 9mm, 10mm, .40.
Also you're forgetting that you can also use 5.56 HP rounds, you don't have to use fmj.

You say that like he's even left his state in the past year, if ever.

He seems like a good boy

Isn't this wrong about pistol pistol braces?

Maybe if you’re too retarded to shoot a normal full size pistol across a room. Otherwise, wrong tool.

No reason to use a pistol when you can use a rifle.

Perhaps you're thinking of some gay european state; that's simply not true in the US.

OP here, so back into the original topic, do you guys using a braced ar15 pistol would make you look bad? Is it something that isn't worth worrying about?

How the fuck would the prosecutors prove that you shouldered it? Did you video tape yourself shooting them?

he is right, you are wrong.

No worse than an AR rifle. If that looks bad in your area because of libshits then you would still be in trouble.

It's legal, most people can't tell the difference, and a good shoot is a good shoot.

>They can inspect where your weapon is stored with no stipulations to time or date
>The storage location is usually the owners house

Imagine being this dumb.

Do a quick search for "NFA Item Home Inspection" and you'll find no shortage of articles explaining that this is a BS myth.

The ATF can't conduct inspections of anyone but FFL's. Having NFA items doesn't mean shit.

I thought you could shoulder pistols now

The guy I was initially arguing with said that M193 FMJ penetrates less than 9mm HP. No idea what you’re talking about mate

depends on the substance

Wow really? Who’d of thunk it.

Rifles are heavy, likely to be stored in a safe instead of on your person, they bump into doorways and walls when you’re trying to move around in the dark, and you’ll disorient and deafen yourself with your first shot.

>180 decibels
Fuck off retard

>no light
>HD gun in safe
>worrying about hearing when your life is on the line
what

Yeah those stupid military members. Why are they clearing buildings and stuff with rifles when pistols are better?

Attached: 1559190181334.jpg (680x547, 258K)

Different missions, different weapons.

>clearing a home for terrorists
Is so much more different than
>clearing your home for criminals or staying put

all of the fuddlore about not using this weapon or that during a self defence shooting is just that, fuddlore.

The only way the type of weapon or it's safety will cone into question is if you harm innocent people, or do illegal shit that isn't actually self defence related.

It’s a lot different because you’re not trained for that, and you’re defending, probably half asleep, instead of conducting a planned offensive mission.

Oh you're not trained for shooting at people at all might aswell give up instead of using the objectively best tool for the job.
You're not trained for clearing with a rifle or pistol might aswell give yourself the one that's harder to use.

What's easier for a trained person to get accurate hits with a pistol or rifle?
What about an untrained person?
Which is more effective for one shot stops?
Which doesnt over penetrate?
Which allows for faster follow up shots?
Which has higher magazine capacity?
Hint all the answers are the same and they aren't what you are recommending.

If your not clearing your house then why even consider bumping into stuff like walls and doorways? How do military members not blind and deafen themselves?

Fucking this.

Use a pistol chambered in .300 memeout because 223 gets worse with shorter barrels.

Alternatively just use a ar-10 in real nato because break-ins are rare enough and you might as well live a little.

Attached: A185F241-1DE0-4B5E-A1F2-51A7006165D7.jpg (687x1024, 73K)

it what way? braces aren't stocks.

223 will still fragment with a pretty short barrel, depending on your round choice you can get down to like 8-9" with a TMK, m193 will frag at across the house distances with an 11.5"
300blk is more likely to overpen, but I live kinda like what you said, the chances are you'll only have the chance to legally shoot someone once in your life, might aswell use a gun you like, you don't wear a t shirt and jeans to your funeral.

Based AF.

A pistol is what you use to fight your way to a decent rifle. Not using the proper tool when you've got home court advantage is dumb.

>How do military members not blind and deafen themselves?
Call in artillery or air support usually. Very small groups with tons of training would go in awake, eyes open, with hearing pro. You don’t have the training, you’re probably not awake, you don’t have hearing pro.

If you want to play SEAL and get BTFO go for it. I have rifles, AR pistol, shotguns, and I’m grabbing my 9mm if something goes bump in the night.

Yeah 700 win mag only does 170 dB. It won’t be pushing 180. Maybe 170 since it’s a short barrel but not more.

Last time I went to an indoor range there was a guy in the lane next to me shooting an AR pistol and I had on muffs and foam plugs and it was still loud as fuck.

No, it will be 130-140.
If you use a long suppressor it will be closer to 130.

>.Very small groups with tons of training would go in awake, eyes open, with hearing pro
I can tell you every single thing you said is false.
>tons of training
So fucking practice. More training is always better. Doesn't change the fact that a rifle is superior with more or less training.
>eyes open
Yeah I tend to do my best shooting with my eyes open, you can try mystic zen monk style blindfolded shooting if you want, let me know how it works
>with hearing pro
LOL

>A pistol is what you use to fight your way to a decent rifle
What the fuck kind of break in are you expecting not to be able to fight off with 15 rounds of 9mm? I hope all of you advocating this approach have at least taken your AR to an indoor range. I doubt it.

Seriously.

High stress situations already increase the likelihood of missing. Having 4 points of contact on a rifle rather than 2 points on a pistol is a great way to increase your odds in a gunfight.

>fudd logic

>So fucking practice
So have you? Sounds like you’re trying to rationalize not having a pistol. Have fun trying to get laid or raise a family with a loaded HK416 under your bed.

>What the fuck kind of break in are you expecting not to be able to fight off with 15 rounds of 9mm?
Why are you preparing for the worst by having a gun, and then expecting everything to go your way? You keep bringing up training. Trained police officers have magdumped, reloaded, magdumped, and repeated and repeated and failed to kill people. Here's one that springs to mind (READ CAREFULLY-if you fuck up I will make fun of you; this presentation was to debunk a hoax, if you go spouting information from the hoax infographic because you didn't read the whole thing, you're a goddamn retard) info.publicintelligence.net/FBIAAROfficerShooting.pdf
>Facts At least 107 rounds (.40/.223) were fired by two officers.
Suspect was still alive and continued to resist arrest while being handcuffed. Two trained people fired over a hundred rounds, and the guy was still fighting back. Why are you, who is apparently super unconfident in your ability to use a rifle and be able to function after hearing a muzzleblast, assuming 15 rounds is good enough for you when over a hundred isn't good enough for someone with actual training?
>I hope all of you advocating this approach have at least taken your AR to an indoor range. I doubt it.
I can do you one better, I've cleared buildings with an M4. Yes, it's loud. No, it won't deafen you or make your eardrums bleed. It's not a hypothetical thing I'm talking about here.
>hk416
>under the bed
I keep my sopmod block 2 in my bed, because it's the only thing I want to stick my dick in.

>What the fuck kind of break in are you expecting not to be able to fight off with 15 rounds of 9mm? I hope all of you advocating this approach have at least taken your AR to an indoor range. I doubt it.

Breitbart has a story literally from just yesterday with four armed intruders, guy defends with an AR successfully. A few months back there was a 5 person armed home invasion in Houston where the homeowner fought back with an AK. Having the extra rounds doesn't hurt... people like to commit crimes in groups and you've always gotta plan for at least a few rounds per dirtbag.

I've taken all of my AR's to indoor ranges, and I've spent time in shoot-houses with them as well.

There's nothing wrong with 9mm, but I'd always rather grab my Scorpion or AR9 than my Glock 19 for a defensive scenario. Less than the extra rounds, it's the difference in the way you operate a rifle with more contact, allowing you to get accurate shots on target in a shorter period of time. Defensive scenarios happen very quickly, so stopping the threat fast makes a difference.

A suppressed SBR winds up being pretty tough to beat by pretty much any metric for defensive scenarios.

>if you have a pistol you don't need to practice
>it's as easy as pointing your finger bro

I’ve practiced a lot with my 9mm pistol, not so much with my AR pistol. I hate shooting it. I’ve got it on Armslist if you want it.

>Trained police officers
They’re too busy to train. I shoot more than cops
>cleared houses with an M4
I wasn’t talking to you then. Maybe you couldn’t hear me, wonder why

>Breitbart has a story literally from just yesterday with four armed intruders, guy defends with an AR
Guy defends 20 acres of weed with AR, makes sense. Dude had loaded AR next to his bed because HE KNEW THEY WERE COMING. That doesn’t mean it makes sense for the average homeowner

>I keep my sopmod block 2 in my bed, because it's the only thing I want to stick my dick in.
Rock on brother, there’s nothing wrong with your fantasy. I just hope you realize you’re a collector. She’s not really for self-defense and you know it.

>They’re too busy to train. I shoot more than cops
right, I forgot, you think only supersoldiers who totally wear hearing protection always are able to use 5.56 rifles indoors
>Maybe you couldn’t hear me, wonder why
Damn tinnitus, it's so loud I didn't even realize Jow Forums was in text to speech mode
>I wasn’t talking to you then.
Right, you're basically just wishing you were talking to yourself, because it's easy to convince yourself that you're right.
Of course not officer. I used the dusty PSA over there.

Honest.

Supersoldiers probably shoot suppressed and/or have stuff in their ears despite being nonchalant about hearing pro, yeah. I was less than super, so 30% deaf. What are you defending besides your guns? Your toothbrush?

>What are you defending besides your guns?
>what are you defending aside from the piles of expensive items highly desired by criminals
Gee user, dunno. My electronics and anal virginity I guess.

>That doesn’t mean it makes sense for the average homeowner

Niggertier boomer fudd shit, fuck you faggot

>piles of expensive
Shit’s different when you have kids.