What is the best .500 cal. revolver?

All responds are welcome, because I am currently looking to buy one

Attached: 59236_smith-wesson-500-cal--500-s-w-magnum.jpg (1024x768, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-69
youtube.com/watch?v=tKCJwFEt0oE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Magnum Research BFR

Attached: Magnum Research BFR, NAA Guardian.jpg (2698x1230, 2.38M)

Wait, they sell them in other calibers apart from 45-70?

They are sold in pretty much every caliber you can think of that's about the same length as that cylinder. Magnum Research realised the BFR is actually a practical gun when used as a hunting sidearm. As such, they chambered it in every hunting calibre known to man.

>what is the best .500 revolver?

Model 69 in .44 magnum. You’re welcome
>smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-69

What is best a .500 caliber revolver? A .50 Cal revolver, or a .5 caliber revolver?

You much be from a metric country. You wouldn't understand. It's like with grains. A 240 grain bullet means nothing to you. You don't understand the system.

That gun will fucking dislocate my fucking shoulder from my fucking body M8

Custom Ruger Blackhawk, .500 Linebaugh Maximum
youtube.com/watch?v=tKCJwFEt0oE

Attached: FKbqoUP.jpg (925x447, 78K)

hi noguns Bong

The Magnum Research revolver in .500 S&W will do that, but the Smith & Wesson revolver in the same caliber will not?
What's your logic here?

They're all miserable to shoot.

You need to lower your soi intake.

Most (if not all?) of the S&W models have an integral brake, BFR does not.
It makes a very big difference, S&W in .500 has less recoil than a DE in .50 AE.
>he missed that Man Show episode.

they aren't that bad, maybe try something for yourself before falling for youtube drama queen memes

It's the fat rubber grip on the sw500 that really saves you.
Put a g10 grip on it like I tried, and it'll take some skin off your hand on every shot.

Attached: sw500.jpg (2048x1536, 863K)

That's a strange way to spell 480 Ruger.
You be you kid

BFRs can be ported just as well, in fact Magnum Research will probably take that as part of your order, and if not, a good gunsmith could set you up with that.
Rubber grips exist too.

Attached: youtu.beuzOXilbZHN8.jpg (1920x1080, 299K)

G10 is known for featuring a very sharp texture on typical grip checkering, so yes, that would grate some cheese off of you.
There are other options.

Not only does the S&W have a rubber grip and (usually) a compensator, they are also very heavy compared to the others.

The .500 Linebaugh Maximum mentioned above is the same power as the .500S&W. Difference is the Linebaugh is half the weight.

The BFRs are not bad to shoot. I used to own one in .45-70. I assumed it was going to be a wristbreaker, but fact is that the barrel is far too short for rifle powders. You get an anemic (compared to a rifle) shot and a bunch of unburnt powder out the barrel, plus a huge flash. The recoil is not bad at all, I'd say on par with the average .44 magnum, if not lighter. Premium (hot) .44 magnum is certainly worse. .454 Casull is much worse. .45-70 in BFR is a pussycat. It's a heavy gun, extra-fat Bisley style grip.

>I assumed it was going to be a wristbreaker, but fact is that the barrel is far too short for rifle powders
I figure you could load the case with pistol powder.

be sure to film it when you do.

FUCK .500 Linebaugh. God I hated shooting that caliber. And I love magnum wheel guns.

Hey retard, the 70 in 45-70 means 70 grains of black powder.

I mean developing a pistol powder load on the .45-70 case, not just going YOLO and pouring a case full of whatever. It's a brass casing like any other, don't see why it can't be done.

What are you even trying to say?
Yeah, 70 grains of blackpowder, but we're talking smokeless gunpowders here, and in a case made with modern methods, in a modern and strong gun with robust metallurgy, you can take .45-70 a lot further than its original blackpowder roots, the cartridge, especially out of a rifle, can be far more of a fat pounder than the original Springfield Trapdoor rifles ever could.
With the right smokeless powder, a good long barrel, and a good choice of bullet, you can hollow out a grizzly bear with it.

>filename
Not an NAA Guardian, that's definitely a Seecamp.

record the shooting when you bubba-max your 45-70

Jow Forums, could this be duel wielded gunslinger style? How about fan shot? Someone has to have the build to do this.