Baby's first technical, ZPU-2 trailer edition

So, I got motivated by an user in a previous thread about a ZPU-2 for babies first technical.

I didnt find that proper for the truck mounted gun. But...

I got amped up, found a busted nerf rhino fire, souped it up, and got a trailer base frame for the truck.

I got lazy and glued the stock tripod it to the trailer. Once that dries for a few more days, Ill be drilling holes for bolts. Maybe add some boxes for ammo.

So now my son, when he is a little older, can drive around his technical and deploy his ZPU-2 trailer as needed.

Attached: asdasd.jpg (1920x2560, 1.86M)

That is fucking awesome of you, dude. I wish my dad had done cool shit like that.

why don't you just extend the bed, and maybe the wheel base?

They make a 6 wheeled one with an extended bed.

I got this one for free on the side of the road in my neighborhood on trash day. Works fine.

You should pimp it out , get a bigger battery get better motor, get better wheels and axels.

Best. Father. Ever.

Its getting more batteries in an empty spot under the bed. It doesnt have axles per-se.

I am going to drill into the fake dash sticker and put a voltage gauge on it over the fake fuel gauge, and make the lights work.

I also have some tiny plastic concertina wire, a tiny shovel, and a few other things to add.

I might make the plastic key work to make it run just for fun. But that's all down the road. Making progress as is.

The ZPU-2 trailer was a fun aside.

make a tracer unit for it. Using glow in the dark paint and an Ultra violet LED hooked up to the trigger

Good idea.

They actually make nerf ammo that glows in the dark, so Id really just need to train him to load one every 5 rounds (and get them good and lit first)

Im putting that in the back of my mind for when I rig up the head and tail lights to work for after dark.

can you remove the bed? make out plywood, get another axle, would be sweet.

I could, but it's in such great shape.

If I have another son, I plan to buy, rather than find in the trash, a gator 6x4 and make it into a half track. But thats way way further away.

Attached: x6x4-0.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9GHu0j14nP.jpg (210x210, 7K)

idk bro, make your own might be sweeter.

I appreciate the sentiment, but we live in a world of practicality. I could make him a pint sized plywood tiger tank, I really could, 3d modeled, designed, reproducible.

But right now, Im sticking with the practical little things.

Here's his gun locker. When he is old enough to reach it.

Attached: sdasdaf.jpg (1920x2560, 2.16M)

I credit nerf guns and pouring through those 10$ bargain bin firearm encyclopedias as a kid for my love of firearms. You should pick some of those up.

In the vein of your project, I remember setting up a MG nest with a Vulcan to ambush my parents when they came home.

Attached: gunbooks.jpg (4656x3492, 1.97M)

You should get him one of these instead of the chink ripoff one when gets older. These rockets pack a fucking wallop.

Attached: missile.jpg (640x479, 25K)

that's stellar dude.

Definitely understand practicality. Don't make things harder if you're making progress. Looking great so far.

I have 2 original nerf ultimators somewhere at my parents place.

They tend to break at the end after too much use.

I still want them back for display though. I used to load those rocket's foam ends up with rocks.

Oh, also, you mean the silly RPG?

I just got it because it was 5 bucks and US army brand. And it looks like a tiny RPG so he can roll around waging jihad against the squirrels in the yard.

Go. Back. To. Redd*t.

T H I S
I fucking lived cheap, mostly accurate gun encyclopedias from age 7-15 without ever firing or being allowed to handle a firearm (thanks mom)

I remember (im a millennial) when the library at my highschool had a book clearing, "come take what you want from this pile".

I got a collection of nixon books, one that was about the space rpogram that didnt know we stopped doing moon missions, and one about Jeeps.

Sad times nogunz.

However. I made a lifesize (for a 4th grade) 3d paper musket, and was allowed to run around with it.

I remember (I am a tide podder) when the librarian at my middle school said "well we don't really have many books at your ready level..." and then handed a copy of Guadalcanal Diaries to a fourth grader. Then the principal and my parents tried desperately to figure out why I kept calling all the asians (mostly Filipinos) at my school 'Japs'

shit i need to proof read
*elementary school
**reading level

Kek,

We had this dude, "Coach Wamble", real name.

He was a 'Nam vet. Lost a most of his ears and his entire nose to cancer. He could pull out his prosthetic nose to scare children, it was hilarious.

He would throw desks across the room at nigger football players and discuss philosophy with me.

Every year, he was voted to speak at graduation, and every year the admin said "nah".

Also, all of his war stories (my favorite involved ground radar) ended in "and we killed all the dinks".

They break if you even barely overpump them, yeah. They use a flexible air bladder that breaks super easily.

3 weeks later and your still a saint OP

Never blew a bladder. The orange part on the front sheared.

Me and my brother, back in 6th grade roundabout, absolutely pumped them as hard as we could.