Glock 19 Gen 5 or M&P 2.0 9mm compact?

Attached: 20171017_112314.jpg (600x600, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Sg2im6mi0eo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

flip a coin

Literally non issue.

>get what's cheaper
>get the one that fits your hand better, they have different grip angles and there are two camps

the grip is a lot more aggressive on that M&P, and that's a good thing, but the G19 is a tried and true thoroughbred.

You need to appendix carry both; sit down so the muzzle is nosing your penis, then whichever one gives you an erection first is the clear choice.

more like dopeybread

Both are fine. Glock has bigger aftermarket+cheaper mags, Smith is a bit cheaper. Both have totally sufficient reputations for reliability, aftermarket, etc.

IMO mainly a matter of ergonomics. I carry the M&P. I prefer Glock for a few reasons but the M&P ergos work way better for me personally.

Attached: BF04BCE9-97D3-4677-A499-5A0331E5A350.jpg (458x708, 83K)

M&p
>Better grip angle
>Better grip texture
>Iron sights right out the gate unlock Glock.
>The frame actually has a metal reinforced piece in it, which gives the pily more strength, helps with recoil
>grip swaps are better
>Cheaper so the extra money can buy holster, moar mags, or even a WML to go with it.
I was a Glock fag until I got the 2.0, dropped my Glock 19 gen 4 for the 4" M&P compact, gonna drop my G26 and replace that with a shield too.

I sold my soul to Glock like 15 years ago but if I was new into guns I'd probably look hard at M&P 2.0.

S&W 2.0 no contest.
Better hand angle for natural pointing.
Aggressive stippling to grip on.
Easely adjustable backstraps.
Metal sights
Smoother and lighter trigger
Front serrations kinda
Mutiple slot picatinny rail
Loaded chamber indicator
Overall better ergos.

Glock hasn't changed their design for over 20 years"perfection" is their excuse.

>Glock hasn't changed their design for over 20 years"perfection" is their excuse.
That's not true. They changed the grips between 3, 4 and 5.

Watch the vids

M&P
nicer grip, doesn't jam as much, nicer looks.

I use this method for just about everything. Just be careful when you do it in a store. People will look at you real weird like when you shove a a box of cereal in your pants and sit down.

>People will look at you real weird like when you shove a a box of cereal in your pants and sit down.
Why? How else are you suppose to find the freshest box there?

i dont support germanic people

You are communicating in a Germanic language.

I just went though this, was leaning towards the S&W based on aesthetics and price when I ended up just going to Sportsmans Warehouse and had them hand me a Glock 19, 2.0 compact, equivalent-sized Springfield XD and CZ P10c, CZ felt the best and buds had em for $350 w/ free shipping so that's what I picked.
>pic related
>20 shot group from 10m
Overall I'd say go handle the compact 9mm from all the major manufacturers and see what feels best, you cant really go wrong.

Attached: 20190713_170945.jpg (2576x1932, 1.86M)

>M&P
>doesn't jam as much

Attached: DvjqfphUwAA4_gT.jpg (900x1200, 186K)

Glock 19 gen 5 best handgun I've ever purchased. Tested it for 1500 blazer target rounds uncleaned and it didnt malfunction once.

M&P is ergonomically better, doesn't have all the aftermarket gimmicks that glock has, but the stock version looks sexier imo

I won’t give money to nusmith

Cringe

phoneposters drink bleach

M&P 2.0 9mm compact by a fucking million miles how is this even a question?

If I'm a bitch-hands and find the M&P's grip texture too aggressive, is it better to put some grip tape on or sand the grips down?

youtu.be/Sg2im6mi0eo

>is it better to do something reversible or permanent if I don't know I'll like it?
Come on my man

G19

Get a glock 40 old man

>2.0 has a longer grip than the 1.0
Kill me. The 1.0 was perfectly sized why would they do this.

Gen 5 Glocks are nicer. Good trigger, flared magwell and ambi-slide release. The trigger on the gen 5 Glocks feel great compared to older versions.

>doesn't have all the aftermarket gimmicks that glock has
But it does.

>The trigger on the gen 5 Glocks feel great compared to older versions.
It's the same trigger you tard.

>hinged trigger
How is this even a debate??
Go shoot both and you'll see how shit the Shield if for yourself.

why not both ?

No it's not, they improved the triggers on the Gen 5s. It is a lot less mushy.

As an M&P owner, I'm gonna have to go with the 2.0.
>Cheaper
>Amazing texturing that can be adjusted to your liking via sandpaper
>Steel sights otb
>Great reliability, on par with Glock
>Trigger is good, but can be replaced if needed
Only downsides in comparison with Glock is
>More expensive mags (~$5)
>Smaller aftermarket
>Slide release for lefties pretty much doesn't work well
also, find an opportunity to shoot both. I know I shoot Glocks very well, but with practice I was able to get good with the 2.0 (mainly learning the trigger). It was worth it to save nearly 150 bucks to buy ammo and get good with the gun that felt great in my hand.

Sand it down. I practiced sanding mine down with the extra backstrap that I knew i would never use (it was too small) so when I would be confident enough to sand down the one that fit me be. I personally hate that sticky tape people put on their guns.

M&P 2.0 all day

Attached: IMG_20190120_180707471~2.jpg (3468x3000, 1.61M)

Unironically a P80 glock

Based aspie

To get it to Glock 19 size and capacity. Since that is the actual perfect size.

based

why does every striker fire have a shitty trigger safety?

M&P 2.0 for sure. The compact version is one of the most well rounded, do it all guns I’ve shot. Ten years ago, I would have said Glock, but Smith has done a good job listening to suggestions. The Smith has great sights, a decent trigger and a much better metal-lined frame. Glock has been stagnating for the last 15 years in my opinion and I can figure out why people buy them still but that’s another topic

Same reason why people buy iPhones. It's all marketing.

It’s better than not having one and the gun being a liability that will shoot your nuts off like the SIG. luckily the company is run by (((friendly chums))) and their contract is secure.