I haven't fired a gun in nearly three years. They're just sitting in my safe...

I haven't fired a gun in nearly three years. They're just sitting in my safe. Sometimes I take them out to clean and oil them but that's about the extent of it. I have plenty of ammo too and there's a free range on state land less than twenty minutes from my house. What went wrong?

Attached: tfw_he_will_never_die.png (1600x900, 348K)

You’re bored with the concept

You just lose interest. It happens with a bunch of shit. I have an AR10 I was super excited to buy but Ive only shot it like 5 times and dont really have the inclination to do it again right now. I pay for netflix and still own most consoles, but netflix and games haven't interested me in months. Just give it time, wait for inspiration to take you and you'll get back into things.

Don’t worry, OP. After I pieced together an m16a1 clone and bought a 1911, the rest of my collection has just collected dust. My first hand gun, a Taurus m82, hasn’t been shot in two years. I used to be deadly with wheelgun but now it just resides in silence. My galil I covered for years? It too sits in the safe; it’s holy having not been racked in months. It takes time to get back into things sometimes.

Attached: 4B4F5DBE-D9BD-40E6-8D40-771160E95E31.jpg (657x527, 244K)

>What went wrong?
same here it has been almost a year since my last range visit.

Pretend that shooting is an unpaid second job that you have to show up for whether you want to or not.

I don't even like firing my funs. just collecting them and pretending to be a professional gun engineer.
You're alright, user. guns aren't just for boom boom.

Attached: 33_shekels_for_the_good_goy.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

>a free range on state land
MFW, what have I been missing out in life

Thats the case with e everything i buy.
I want something so bad i cant rest until i have it. Then it just sits in the corner gathering dust with everything else.
How do i solve this?

>Galil
Which one?

Get some real life friends within the hobby. I tend to have alot more fun when I'm doing stuff with friends.

op was a fag, only needed the 1 bullet

Where/how to make friends?

Attached: 1499903737530.jpg (840x840, 123K)

My pappy keeps mentioning he needs to zero his rifles. Then l offer to goto the range with him. And he says no.
Its been years. I even bought an M1 garand in an attempt to bring him out. He was on a rifle team with one pre-M14.
He still wont get out of the house to go shoot with me.
I even have a silencer now l offered to put on his guns so we wont need earprotection.

My thinking is. The last time he went shooting he put a 5.56 into a 5.45 gun and got so embarassed he doesnt want to do it anymore.

Attached: 20190714_115901.jpg (293x263, 38K)

Take people shooting with your newfunz
If you can't get enjoyment out of it right away have someone tag along who can and enjoy that

The century one aka not a real one. But I got it for $350 so I was excited about the good deal.

have sex and drink alcohol

But I do one of those already, how will doing both make me go to the range more?

do it until you miss shooting

Dont worry about it. Do other things, live your life. In the future you might feel different and come back to it. Hobbies and interests can come and go in phases, trying to force yourself to do something isnt productive.

>so we wont need earprotection
"Hearing safe" is a marketing meme made up by silencer companies - in general, centerfire guns require the use of earpro, silenced or not.
Anything in the 130s is not hearing safe in any meaningful sense; a suppressor gets you, at best, 2-3 free shots before you start racking up EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE points.
Unless he's got a 300 BLK bolt gun or something, he dodged an ear bullt on that one.

I dont say this often. But you seem like a pussy.

No funs here because I live in a fema district that restricts them. You don't need to shoot them regularly though, you just need them in case you need to defend yourself or shoot at the government.

Time makes fools of us all.

Same. I have a dozen firearms sitting in the closet and I haven't shot any of them in almost a year.

There's still one that I carry daily, and there's the nightstand pistol and the under bed AR for defense, but the rest of them are cased up and completely ignored.

And honestly, the one that has gotten the most use is the shotgun during the pleasant months of the year at the sporting clays range.

I'm a gunsmith in a euro country.
I became a gunsmith, because I love weapons.

Since I had to sight in guns for customers who can't shoot for shit, but still shittalk me about the groupings being too big when they only use beater durr rifles and the cheapest ammo they can get their grubby hands on.

Shooting has become a chore for me.
I can use our shops indoor range whenever I like with no supervision and I can do whatever I want there.
But everytime I think of going shooting there's this feeling like it's a chore. When I go with friends it's a bit better.

Attached: 1544668230688.jpg (299x273, 54K)

Similar situation here. I usually shoot new guns until I think I can shoot them well enough, then they either get a place in my favorites that I shoot with some regularity or they collect dust for months or years until next use.
After I sold some guns a few years ago because I was short on cash and regretted it, I made it my policy to only sell those guns that I'm absolutely sure that I never shoot again, which is none at this point.

Don't force it. Go when you feel you want to. Whether it's weeks or months.

That Blood Meridian meme is absolute perfection. First time seeing it.

Is pic related a scene from "blood meridian"?

You two sound depressed.

Consider getting involved in competition.

The pic is missing Judge Holden’s pet retard and a wounded ex-priest Tobin.

Sounds like guns are only a hobby for you like golf or bowling. Starting carrying and then it will become something of greater importance. At least with your carry piece.

Fuck the range go someplace where you can run around like John wick and double tap man sized targets like an elite operator

Hang out at ranges, also depends on where you live, good luck finding gun buddies on west coast.

I can make small talk and share guns with people when I go but I don't really know where to go from there. I haven't made a friend since seventh grade and I forgot how.
>where you live
Pic related.

Attached: F7B57C01F990413192877776FA3C9050.jpg (1024x820, 212K)

Indeed, the fool is missing.

Take someone else shooting

Have you tried joining shooting clubs? It would get you shooting more, you can bring your guns to let people shoot if they want to. Chances are that they'll ask you about them, and if they're in the club they'll be able to talk more about guns than most people. Try not to be a dick when someone says some fuddy shit off the bat. Save the arguing for when you know them better lol. Small talk with people at gun stores will also happen when you would need more ammo

I'm always looking for nhfags to become friends with.

Attached: State Wojak NH.png (968x788, 471K)

Expensive hobbies that don't directly result in the creation of something new or the continuity of a freindly relationship with other people always get old fast

artists dont get bored with their obscenely expensive hobby because theyve got something tangible in front of them when it's done that they can say "i wouldnt be seeing this if i didnt persue this hobby and spend that money"

shooting guns is a social thing, it's going to get old as fuck real quick if you arent doing it with people you like being around

>I can make small talk and share guns with people when I go but I don't really know where to go from there
can you banter? that's like 65% of male friendship
>20% hanging out with them and sharing hobbies
>10% doing shit you don't really want to do but will do anyway because being outside your comfort zone is good for you
>5% doing shit you don't really want to do but will do anyway because they do that other 10% with you, too

Check the networking thread
There's a New England and NH invite link posted in there
boards.4channel.org/k/thread/42033573#p42038866

Start lifting and get your test levels back up. That'll fix you right up

Only when I know the person. Otherwise they think I'm serious and get mad.

Appalaciafag here
I want to move here so fucking bad, hows your roads I want to explore New England on a motorcycle and live in the countryside.

If you're not depressed your not paying attention

Highways in this place (NH) are very good and the roads through the White Mountains are very scenic and a popular trip for bikers
There's also bike week in Laconia every June which draws in bikers from around the Northeast by the thousands
People compare it to Sturgis

I spent 25-30k eur on guns and only went to the range 3 times in my whole life, I love buying and handling them. But the range rules in my country as so unbelievably fucked that I don't like being there for more than an hour. Human sized targets are illegal and alot of bullshit that I don't even want to type out, fuck the government

bike week isnt really my scene but everything else sounds like heaven user, thanks for response.

Covered bridges and foliage await you user

Does this happen to be the scrivner range outside Russellville Missouri

Not even remotely close.

I've never been diagnosed with the tism but I feel socially stunted. I could never get into the "giving other guys shit" thing. I just never developed this growing up.

>tfw get social situations unlike autists but I'm effectively silent Bob and ever since I was a child didn't talk unless I had something of worth to say
>not shy and don't have a problem speaking in front of a crowd
Where do I fit on the spectrum

Fuck if I know, that pretty much describes me as well. I get profiled as the next spree shooter and it sucks. What's the point in filling the dead air?

You ever have that loud mouth that would follow you around and try to "make you talk one way or another"? The worst kind of person.

>bro are you okay?
>you good man?
>everything alright?
SHIT LAD HOW FUN IS A 12 HOUR SHIFT FOR YOU? GIVE ME WHAT YOU'RE POPPING

I smoked weed for an entire decade before I realized WTF happened. The last like 6 years has just been self-medicating for depression. You're not me, and I didn't OD in a Burger King bathroom on fentanyl, so at least we got that going for us.

Attached: 1544590152670.png (638x359, 247K)

I feel the same way about the gym after getting a manual labor job bro