So far we've had

so far we've had
>rural
>urban
is suburban warfare next?

Attached: 1539222239682.png (646x595, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7RBWuYFeg9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=TAZvWS8wA0M
youtu.be/FzA6tCOE9fA
youtube.com/watch?v=n9mS37_1sYY
youtube.com/watch?v=cNdqoQWz34E
youtu.be/K-oUOlNySY0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Suburban combat is going to be fun.
It's ripe for ambushes, but then ambushes are fragile since nothing is really hard cover.

Attached: rural.png (657x498, 137K)

dumb frogposter

are there any instances of it in recent history?

any country developed enough for suburbs is too stable for war to break out

Yes, every war in the Middle East.
This is objectively wrong.

Prove it or an hero on livestream

>inb4 phoneposter
Every ME city has suburbs, grant it they’re not US style neighborhoods with white picket fences

Attached: F9BDB8AB-4F03-4EBC-989C-B82751481DFA.jpg (1242x956, 845K)

Anyone got pics of suburban combat?

block apartments are distinctly urban

I imagine it would be very similar to urban combat but with weak cover like said

Modern American suburbs would be an interesting Sniper/Countersniper environment. Potential hides everywhere, open enough for lots of long shots.

>suburb of Damascus

Amusement Park warfare
>Happiest place on earth

Attached: 1296049430.jpg (900x598, 210K)

>news writers care about proper terminology

my body is ready

Attached: 1560446019747.png (460x689, 519K)

>is suburban warfare next?
It’ll be a cat and mouse kind of war. Neither side really knows where the other side is, because all of the burbs look the same. One side will be attacking into a subdivision that’s 3 miles away from the subdivision that the other side is defending. Then you’ll have opposing forces passing within blocks of each other as they’re marching toward where they think their respective FOBs are. Gas stations and convenience stores will become the hot objectives, because they’re recognizable landmarks.

more space for me to avoid people

>how
>Warfare
....instaboner

>HOA

that picture is urban. non-americans just don't know what suburbs are, too poor to have them

Helicopters Oh God the helicopters

You could drive an Abrams through near any house.
Or, well, until you get stuck in someone's basement.

>all that Battlefield 2 experience ramming a tank through a 2 story building
Where do i sign up?

>Entire tank platoon disappears because they keep falling into peoples basements and can't get out.

Attached: 1423755495517.png (982x980, 807K)

>Tfw get a free honeywell powerplant because some retards dropped their tank in your basement while you went south for the boog

Attached: tank-1[1].jpg (450x332, 48K)

It would be genuinely interesting to watch. Almost be like rural combat because knowing the layout would be a huge advantage but with a lot more places to hide. Imagine a cul-de-sac being fortified and attacked.

The electric boogaloo is going to suck for everyone involved.

Attached: 1561347964922.jpg (722x686, 204K)

I believe the IRA came close to that. Ireland isn't super heavy urbanized like, say, major US pop centers. They used both rural and urban bases and mainly kept the fighting within the suburbs but also breached out into the countryside.

Is it possible for a tank to drive directly through a typical suburban house without stopping? Assume there is no basement.

Attached: usa-illinois-metamora-exterior-of-large-suburban-house-BWN2YY.jpg (1300x881, 182K)

absolutely. There is over 2000ft/lbs of torque in that thing, and it's assured to get traction.

Depends on the house I imagine, the old houses built with actual bricks might be tricky, newer houses that are pretty much nothing but drywall nailed to a wood frame? No problem at all.

One man can knock down an entire house, even a well made one, with a sledgehammer and enough time.
A multifuel 60 ton tank will have no problem.

Through a prefab/shitbox like most suburban houses are, maybe. I still wouldn't chance it unless at high speed and even then I don't think even a tank would do well against a support pole + all the shit that would fall on top of it. Against a well built house I wouldn't even risk it in an emergency.

And if you are in an area where basements are common just don't.

>newer houses that are pretty much nothing but drywall nailed to a wood frame
Outside of some support structures pretty much. But having literally tons of shit fall on top of a tank can't be good for it.

And what about the reactive armor that a lot of tanks have? Would that not go off?

S U P E R U R B A N
U
P
E
R
U
god fucking dammit Jow Forums fucking spamfilter
R
B
A
N

Attached: judge-dredd-under-arrest.jpg (900x566, 218K)

Good way to get your barrels all jammed up with debris

Shit's gotta be going faster than 20mph to actually pierce the ERA.

I don't think you're going through a house at 15mph, even in a tank. What is the terminal velocity of lumber?

I've asked this question before and everybody always gets hung up the basement. But not every house has a basement. I'm more interested in knowing if the tank itself has enough horsepower to just barrel through a house without having to slow down. Like if you were trying to ambush somebody, I can envision a scenario where going directly through a building might be advantageous versus going around it. The opposing force might be expecting a tank, but they're not expecting it to come directly at them through a building, more element of surprise.

Let's remove the basement from the equation entirely. It's not a house anymore, it is a Target department store.

Attached: istock-954592764.jpg__640x360_q85_crop_subsampling-2.jpg (640x360, 43K)

>having to clear out the LA suburbs

Fuck that noise.

Attached: south_la.jpg (1820x1445, 763K)

So I've done a bit of research (googled it) and yes you can, but shouldn't because you'll be blind afterwards.

And maybe through the front door, but those big red balls aren't there for show they're there to stop vehicles. I don't know their tank stopping potential. The walls are undoubtedly reinforced concrete, no.

Attached: 12431222_1300x1733.jpg (1136x1733, 296K)

Do us all a favor and just glass it

>Amusement Park warfare
youtube.com/watch?v=7RBWuYFeg9Y

Like Marianne the steam shovel! She worked so hard clearing the site to put a sky scraper while trying to beat the newer and more efficient excavators that she forgot to put a ramp to get out!

Since she was the old coal fired steam shovel, they left her in there, but converted her into a bioler/ heating system, and her driver became a fireman to keep operating her.

>Marianne the steam shovel
Damn bro, you must be fucking old.
Like me.

Attached: 1544311335563m.jpg (459x1024, 77K)

I feel like I saw this at the drive ins when i was like 4.

Yeah, I guess the years are slipping by.

I remember I loved it when my grandmother read me this book because her name was Marianne as well.

Attached: 91X2Go+PLVL.jpg (2560x2393, 824K)

When this first came out, my dad had me watch it at least 6 different times over the course of two days.

He's deeply immersed in the fuddlore, but damnit he can be a based boomer sometimes.

>read that shortly after seeing an actual steam shovel outside sloss furnaces when I was a wee lad

Damn.

>Toontown
More like Coontown

It would depend on the house, really. Maybe a brick house with a solid foundation would provide more cover and hold up better under fire. I don't know.

I saw the future once. They were driving through in these black armored truck things. Like imagine a cross between s humvee and an armored truck from a bank. Each one held 12 soldiers who were dressed in all black and wearing a u.s. flag on their shoulder. They didn’t have any skin showing. Very modern almost futuristic gear. They were running people down and neighbors were selling each other out. They were rounding up the captives and beheading them. The sky was dark and overcast. There was a heavy satanic vibe from whoever these guys were. This is %100 true. Wish you all the best.

HA!

Attached: 90fb42791e8943a670c7f360a9b66757937abbceb8c4429ebc8e552167e2fc1b.png (1024x1008, 765K)

youtube.com/watch?v=TAZvWS8wA0M
Giant Lenco Bearcats?

Some similarities detected. Going with a 30% match on this one.

apartment buildings like that are urban af. hell that’s more urban than half the major cities around here

cul de sac would be terrible to defend your get wrecked on all the other sides

That’s not me but that’s pretty good.
Dude I didn’t know those existed that’s what they were. That or something very close.

department stores don’t have basements?

Only way to be sure.

Suburban warfare would have an interesting dynamic that being Fire
All those apartments in Syria with there cinderblock walls? Practically fireproof
Suburban houses are mostly drywall and 2x4's
Thermal might become king as you cannot kill an enemy you cannot see through a thick smoke screen
Gasmasks might also become necessary

Return of the gasmask operator aesthetic? Im all for that

oh fuck yeah. my neighbor borrowed my torque wrench last month and now he's dodging me. bout to annex his entire life boudicca style

Bad idea. Last thing you want is your tank to fall into a basment.

Suburban fires here would probably be fought by wildfire fighting teams. Hell, the local populace would probably donate the machinery to build fire defenses. I love my state.

>What is the terminal velocity of lumber?
Depends somewhat on the dimensions. In my experience, any lumber that is longer than it’s thickness or width will tend to orient with it’s longest axis vertical. That’ll give you a higher terminal velocity than tumbling or fluttering. Of course, this all depends on the lumber starting from a high enough point that it can achieve terminal velocity before hitting the ground.

>tfw you will never flashbang your neighbors

thats not what suburban means colloquially
that may be away from the city proper but op was asking about sprawling neighborhoods with townhouses and picket fences
the picture you posted would be considered urban

>Calvinist

Attached: sneer.jpg (493x449, 43K)

ayyyy

Isn't this near perfect CAS and artillery area with nearly nowhere to hide considering how most stuff is only one or two stories high and built rather light?

Attached: View-North-of-Watts-from-I-105-Watts-January-27-1995.jpg (800x636, 162K)

>early nowhere to hide
LA has a massive concrete storm drain network. It would be stalingrad tunnels 2.0

subterrainian

>anything, even slightly built up, area
>nowhere to hide

Pick one, armchair general

>area w basements
So every single house not in Florida? Including c stores built b4 1990ish

I meant after artillery wrecked these places.

Hey I had that book as a kid! Totally forgot

In russian counter terror operations they commonly drive BTRs into the corners of brick buildings then back up to collapse that section of wall. They seem to smash and reverse pretty easily and thats only a wheeled vehicle that is pretty anemic compared to a tank.

A quick youtube search also comes up with:
youtu.be/FzA6tCOE9fA
Not an abrams or anything but its hitting a stone house apart pretty easily. A bit slower but I assume they were not trying to destroy the machine.
youtube.com/watch?v=n9mS37_1sYY
Here is an M113 crushing a 150 year old wood home. Likely constructed superior to the modern plywood and osb homes.

So with these examples in mind I say yeah you could steam through an american wood and drywall home with ease. The concern would be the roof falling ontop and falling debris blocking you so it would be best to cut corners than go straight through.

You could have guys in multiple different houses or corners to break up the fire. It would be impossible to call in any sort of air support or arty unless the gubermint wants all that collateral damage on its hands

Oh that's getting me hard.

fugg bro you're digging up some ancient memories

hue city anyone?

I want to say something funny or witty but all I can do is just remember the times when I was read to as a child.

>cross between s humvee and an armored truck from a bank
So an MRAP?

Attached: Black MRAP.jpg (474x276, 31K)

>ambushes from behind literal bushes
FUCK YOU JOHN, MY TIME WAS NOT UP IN LAST MONTHS MEETING, *executed wife* BET YOU WISH YOU HAD ALLOCATED MORE FUNDS TO MAINTENANCE OF COMMON GROUNDS NOW, HUH? *mows down fleeing soccer team*

Attached: un-expectedly amusing.png (263x281, 54K)

>unless the gubermint wants all that collateral damage on its hands
>implying

>Battlefield 2
>ramming through buildings
user unless you mean Bad Company 2 that didn't happen...

>tfw me but 30 and not calvinist or catholic

well this hits close to home...

If you don't like it, you can leave.

Attached: 1557589894648.jpg (227x222, 7K)

Yeah, my bad. I distinctly remember during one gold rush match, on the map that had large, open fields, One of the objectives was on the 2nd story of a house. Best way to deal with that one was to bring the building down. Either through rocket fire, or just drive a tank through it

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=cNdqoQWz34E

Attached: 1537903270381.jpg (1600x900, 379K)

Something like this. I haven't seen anything like it but they were painted black. The vehicles and military force was totally covered in black. I feel like the vehicle was more like the other one, the swat truck but it carried a lot of men in the back. They were moving fast and unloading troops quickly. Rounding up fleeing people. It was like one big event happened.

youtu.be/K-oUOlNySY0

>suburban warfare

>Sloss Furnaces

You still in Bama? If so, Roll Tide!

Attached: 1559000983315.jpg (900x900, 47K)