A technology is obsolete when it has been replaced by a newer, better one, except for niche applications...

A technology is obsolete when it has been replaced by a newer, better one, except for niche applications. By that definition, revolvers are obsolete. Serious shooters carry automatic pistols except for niche applications like defense against bears.
>but they still work!
Yes, they do. So do typewriters, carburetors, and betamax, but those are still obsolete.

Attached: obsolete.gif (508x408, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

edsmanifesto.com/index.php/2018/07/07/la-pistola/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah.

No one who carries a revolver gives a fuck you min max gear queer Timmy.

Kindly fuck off and die.

Of course they don't. They carry out of nostalgia or an erroneous notion that automatic pistols are "unreliable."

Obsolescent.

The right tool for the right job. Spinbois still have practical niches today. Anyone who calls themselves a shooter is really not if they aren't proficient with DA revolver shooting.

edsmanifesto.com/index.php/2018/07/07/la-pistola/

Attached: 1562053584746.jpg (500x490, 39K)

Or maybe they just like revolvers, maybe they shoot revolvers better, maybe they like reloading ammo.

Who gives a fuck what other people do.

>Or maybe they just like revolvers,
There has to be a reason for it.
>maybe they shoot revolvers better,
Bullshit. Anyone who can learn how to shoot a revolver can learn how to shoot an automatic pistol.
>maybe they like reloading ammo.
In a gunfight, handloading is the last thing on your mind.

>Spinbois still have practical niches today
Yes, niche uses, not general defense.

You can like a thing without despising the alternative.
Liking revolvers != disliking automatics. It could be as simple as enjoying Dirty Harry, finding them aesthetically pleasing, or wanting a bigger caliber even though double stack 9mm is better in majority of circumstances.

Different strokes my friend

Meh that's debatable. If you aren't a criminal and/or you don't get paid to carry a gun or otherwise have an elevated threat profile 5-7 rounds of revolver dakka is better than a sharp stick and probably sufficient for the vast majority of the most likely SD scenarios.

Does a metal projectile in approximately 9mm size, moving at 1400fps kill people?
If yes, then it is valid for defensive use

Sometimes you just want/need a big iron.

There are artists who still release shit on vinyl and cassette. Enough that new plants have been built to facilitate them.

Your right, it's not as good as newer shit, but people like them so they're being made. Fuck off commie.

>You can like a thing without despising the alternative.
I agree. I DO like revolvers, but I carry automatics because they are clearly better in most cases.
Revolvers work, but they're still obsolete.
Some audiophiles argue that vinyl is actually better than CD, so it's not a good comparison.

>A technology is obsolete when it has been replaced by a newer, better one, except for niche applications. By that definition, revolvers are obsolete.
Nope. A revolver will put a hole in something just as well as a semiauto will, and the difference in capacity doesn't matter in the real world for people who can successfully hit a human-sized target within 20 feet in under six tries. Remember, spray and pray is for African child soldiers - members of the white race can do better.

This is just another thread full of "Jow Forums doesn't understand what the word 'obsolete' means".

Single action revolver is best for carrying out shots quickly unless you want to carry hot. Plus they aren't real likely to jam. The low capacity and reload time are the only real problems

Vinyl is making a huge comeback. Why is that? People like Vinyl. There is difference in the feel, and in the way music is compressed onto vinyl that mp3s can’t replicate.
Cars are faster than bikes, but bikes are still around. Bikes are great for exercise, rough trails, and for short commutes. Cars are safer than motorcycles too, yet people still like motorcycles.
Heck people use flip phones even though smartphones can do that phones job and then some, but some people just want a simple phone and nothing else. Obsolete is a matter of perspective, some people like the older stuff, and the newer stuff doesn’t alway dominate every single category that the old does.

Revolvers/pistols/submachine guns were all made obsolete by assault rifles, faggot, but obviously, you can't just give everyone assault rifles just because all those other weapons are redundant. You use what you have and rely on your wits: better to be a good gunner with a shit gun than a shit gunner with a great gun.

I don't carry a revolver for defense, nor do I think I would defend my home with one, but I do enjoy shooting mine more than my other handguns because it makes me slow down and consider each shot more carefully. It also has less recoil, and I can choose to only reload some of the bullets in order to help train out my flinch.

Revolvers are great and anyone who blindly repeats the bait regarding them is a gay homo. I shoot 50-100 rounds of .38 Special through my Model 19 every week DAO and it's made me a better shot with everything. 6 shots with a couple speedloaders is plenty for basically every civilian shooting in this country ever, and when shtf as long as you have a rifle that works the handgun is a freebie. plus they're sexy as fuck nigga.

>Revolvers/pistols/submachine guns were all made obsolete by assault rifles
Call me when someone invents an assault rifle I can concealed carry under my jacket.

t. hyperconsumerist

>defense against bears
Guess how I know you have autism.

>there has to be a reason for it and one I agree with, otherwise it doesnt count
Theres two types of people in this world; those who do what they enjoy, and those who envy their happiness.

>obsolete
You keep using that word, but i don't think you know what it means

Something being obsolete is almost completely irrelevant in what is largely a collector's hobby. Most guns will never be used for self defense and marginally more will be used for hunting or some other practical use. Most guns are range toys, collectors pieces or just things people keep around because they think it's cool. I know my vz. 52/57 isn't the most cutting edge, practical and military-worthy rifle, but I think it's fucking cool.

>under my jacket
should have said under your shirt, you could pretty easily conceal an AR "pistol" (let's not pretend gay, arbitrary ATF terms are actually relevant to this argument) under a jacket.

ITT: Unpopular Opinion: The Baiting

There is absolutely nothing about vinyl that cant be recreated with computers, and you're hard pressed to seriously argue that this century old invention outshines even the small amount of technology in our pockets.
That's like saying you'll never be able to create art on a computer as well as a canvas. Its reasoning is superficial at best.

>you could pretty easily conceal an AR "pistol" (let's not pretend gay, arbitrary ATF terms are actually relevant to this argument) under a jacket.
No you couldn't. Not unless you were a colossal fatass.

>he doesn't know about compression

Just put it on a sling and hang it under your arm

Meant double

>revolver fag cope ITT

Attached: 1561026990802.gif (480x304, 622K)

Based

>ITT

Attached: 1534816031704.jpg (500x587, 86K)

>Revolvers work, but they're still obsolete.
how many days has it been since you rebuilt your computer?

I bet there's a better graphics card out there, and here you are like a poor person, six entire days behind the most current equipment

don't forget - the man who carries a revolver carries a tool that kills and does it well.
If he's well practiced, he's got an excellent chance at overcoming even the stupidest situations.

for CC, the capability gap between revolver and auto is pretty fucking small.

>There has to be a reason for it.
meaningless autism.
Imagine having such poor mental resilience that you get booty-blasted because some people choose tools that only perform at 100 percent instead of 148 percent effectiveness.

>you could pretty easily conceal an AR "pistol"
absolute shit-tier for concealed.
You're obsolete because people invented these things
> CZ scorpion
> mp5
> fucking glock with wish.com giggle switch, stendos and VFG
> shockwave shotgun

>I bet there's a better graphics card out there, and here you are like a poor person, six entire days behind the most current equipment
In contrast to revolvers, a hundred years behind.

> 100 year
nope. not even 20 years behind yet

>don't forget - the man who carries a >revolver carries a tool that kills and does >it well.
>If he's well practiced, he's got an >excellent chance at overcoming even >the stupidest situations.

>for CC, the capability gap between >revolver and auto is pretty fucking small.

>tips fedora

Georg Luger says you're a fag, and John Moses Browning confirmed it.

In the face of the development of smart people, retards are obsolete but that doesn't seem to deter OP from existing

haha right because a fucking C96 can substitute for pic related.
honestly, kid, you're not correct. You're working with a weak understanding of the situation and you have nothing to contribute to any reasonable discussion.
The only reason I'm even talking to you is because i'm bored and procrastinating sleep.

Revolvers just work. No new technology has changed the fact that you can drop one in the pocket and be safe all day and all night long

Attached: Fitzspecial.jpg (271x186, 8K)

>goerg luger
>john moses browning
>c96
Wow, you're actually as dumb as you seem, aren't you?
>No new technology has changed the fact that you can drop one in the pocket and be safe all day and all night long
White folks use holsters, jamal.

go on, miss the point harder. My trigger finger is stronger than your whole body

Attached: pig.jpg (960x960, 147K)

>small
>light
>reliable
>already paid for
I carry a full size auto most of the time but I carry a small revolver when I don't want the hassle of the bigger gun. There may be good micro autos but I do not own one already and i feel no need to "update" to satisfy someone else's proclivities.

Holy fuck if it goes bang reliably and is fun to shoot thats all that matters.

also pic related with homemade napalm rounds is better than any pistol caliber edc, change my mind.

Attached: super shorty_.jpg (5184x3456, 2.45M)

>napalm rounds
this is wrong. need mini shells with no1 buck. alternating with bees

Sig Rattler

Welcome to Jow Forums. Here, function is important, but aesthetics have a very important place. And revolvers have a unique aesthetic value that won't go away.

Oh shit user, PLEASE do not trigger my audio autism this late at night. You really need to stop using words that you have absolutely no understanding of.

A digital file in a lossless format played on the same system will sound the same if not better on the same system and is infinitely easier to maintain. Both blind tests and general knowledge backs me up. Prove me wrong audiofag.

Niche use is firing from inside a pocket, and less likely to fail when someone's panic sets and all they're thinking is pull the trigger over and over. So, by your definition, not obsolete.

I fucked up that sentence, but my point stands.

something being obsolete does not stop me from enjoying to use it faggot

>carburetors
>obsolete
hmmm....

>he doesn't bounce his digital files to 128kbps MP3 and press them to vinyl before ripping them back in to a 16bit DAW for playback on his 1980's boombox

Have fun with your third consecutive stovepipe jam , sweety

The wheel is 2 million years behind , are you going to stop driving cars ? .

They jam less often and I like spinning it.

>>tips fedora
You started a thread about obselete weapons, yet your comebacks are from 2013.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE D':