Shootout and tinnitus

I guess policemen don't have the time to plug ears muff if a gunman decides to shoot at them
So is permanent tinnitus something inevitable in this case ?

Attached: PapersPlease.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

A few gunshots even over a short span isn't going to cause significant permanent damage, probably not tinnitus either.

>A few gunshots even over a short span isn't going to cause significant permanent damage

l o l
o
l

theres an infinite amount of variables, the fact is you just dont know until after.
but id rather be deaf and alive than dead with my hearing intact.

Dubs of truth

Hearing damage is one of the things (like stress effects) exaggerated by trainers trying to prepare casual shooters for real shit (tm).

Yes, you can get hearing damage; yes, you will probably want to talk loudly over the next few minutes. But permanent ringing isn't going to be a real risk unless you're mag dumping an AR pistol inside a bathroom.

I'd prefer to be dead personally

Attached: pepe.png (655x509, 25K)

Tinnitus isn't 100% guaranteed, but they will certainly suffer some hearing damage.

>but id rather be deaf and alive than dead with my hearing intact
Your hearing won't work at all anymore if you're dead user :(

Cmon bud stop that

We are not going to make it bros

I'm lucky in that I've breached the low self-esteem event horizon. Now I don't think about killing myself anymore because I know I'll just fuck that up too

wait wait i never said that i'm currently suffering from tinnitus
I had temporary tinnitus two or three times when i was 12 yo or so, this thing is horrible

Then don't be a fag and at least stream you going out in a hail of alphabet gunfire

It really depends on where you're standing. Outside you'll be fine. Inside it really depends on the room. Mostly drywall? It'll be loud but you'll be fine. Small room that's solid concrete? Ok yeah you might have some permanent hearing damage.

It's not the end of the world, nigger.
I love music and it's well worth having to mess with my equalizer in the future for a greater chance at survival; so I can keep listening.

tinnitus is fun I don't know what you guys are talking about

Dumping a magazine (usually 17, 9mm bullets) from a handgun isn't going to give you tinnitus, as long as you don't continually do it
A lot of friends I used to hunt with never used hearing protection, and now have tinnitus in the ear closest to the barrel
I got it from being close to a mortar strike when I was in the army
The point is that repeated exposure and explosives will give you tinnitus for sure, but shooting a handgun a couple times probably won't

AYE SAME

Attached: 1486397259489.jpg (750x732, 75K)

.38 snub was fire next to my head in a small enclosed room. felt like i had water in my ears for a week but have had no noticeable hearing damage or ringing.

Remember that one live leak police shooting were the officer dumped three mags from inside his car..... then after he was just screaming cus you could tell he couldn’t hear shit. Imagine being all jacked on adrenaline and having your ears ringing so hard you can’t hear anyone you see in front of you. Sounds like a bad trip to me.

In addition to being unlikely to get tinnitus from a single shooting, few cops ever get into a shooting to begin with.

Prednisone

I was thinking of just diving to 200ft, and ditching my bcd with a 40lbs weight belt on, but that might be fun too.

This. I have even been in a car when someone ND a 9mm with all the windows up. Wasn’t that bad, much less permanent.

>being so deaf you can't hear your target crying for mercy
solid defense is a good offense